Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,283 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks (29967 Views)

Naira Gains, Dollar Crashes At Parallel Market / Naira Firms On Black Market After Central Bank Action - BDC Traders / CBN Reinstates 9 Banks Suspended From Forex Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by omozu1(m): 6:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
ercel:
Were there no other ways to compel those banks to remit order than this ban? It has now added pressure for FX on the other remaining banks who have not been fairing well!
A step forward and two backward won't do us good in this country!
You are right a fine would have giving the country more money and not trouble.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Miles300: 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2016
Foooooolish govt I just withdraw some money from where am based and I was charged half of the amount am suppose to collect ... Full blown recession is here notin like we are in it technically ... It's no more a joke until people start to commit sucide.. Since I was born I have never seen Nigeria in such a terrible state ..wtf

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by kinibigdeal(m): 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
Ope ooooo......this is a good news. That little change i use to collect from western union will worth it now. Thanks to Buhari...if it can also move to 500, it will favour mi o

1 Like

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Johnrake69: 6:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

The banks violated the TSA agreement and they should be made to face the wrought of the law. The price hike is the price the government will have to pay for doing the right thing and I think it is worth it. They will learn to take Nigeria serious next time; THE ERA OF IMPUNITY IS OVER.

Which one is era of impunity? This is the height of hubris. CBN should have withdrawn their operating licence so we can take them serious. This is peak of insensitivity on the part of government.

With these daft policies from this clueless government are we ever going to come out of recession? cry
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by ephi123(f): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
oyinkinola:

Godwin Emefiele in action!
https://www.nairaland.com/3304472/trader-monopolized-price-watch-godwin

So you are basically spamming every comment you consider unfavourable with random threads created by you?

1 Like

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by bigtt76(f): 6:05pm On Aug 24, 2016
Funny but shouldn't someone's head be rolling at the CBN? Remember some banks were sanctioned in the early days of the TSA, are they saying that they did not know about this monies before now? What now exposed it? Its just crazy.

Toeyoursea:

The banks violated the TSA agreement and they should be made to face the wrought of the law. The price hike is the price the government will have to pay for doing the right thing and I think it is worth it. They will learn to take Nigeria serious next time; THE ERA OF IMPUNITY IS OVER.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by gudnex22(m): 6:06pm On Aug 24, 2016
blueto:
This is what happens when the govt is so clueless and myopic to foresee and evaluate the future effects of their decisions.

meanwhile, we are still waiting for the Yuan deal.

They will soon come here to defend buhari and blame PDP/ GEJ .

yeye people
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by vincent64(m): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
hmmm. wake me up when its $1dollar to 1000 naira
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by bigtt76(f): 6:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
The CBN no sooner have they insitutute a measure to keep down the raging Naira, they would carry out a counter productive measure ...I taya for them. They should just keep their forex to themselves and allow the rest of us source our forex needs the way we want jaaaaaare!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
ephi123:

So you are basically spamming every comment you consider unfavourable with random threads created by you?
...when am warning you, you take me as lunatic, go through those threads again, and realize I never honk for nothing!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by wreckerMcbeth(m): 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
blueto:
This is what happens when the govt is so clueless and myopic to foresee and evaluate the future effects of their decisions.

meanwhile, we are still waiting for the Yuan deal.

Sai Buhari!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Naija9090: 6:14pm On Aug 24, 2016
danowena:
Anyone transacting in dollars and earning in naira is doomed. Number of people travelling abroad for holidays has reduced. Those schooling abroad are considering withdrawing. Those planning to school have to reconsider. The business men are scared of putting their money because of the many changes in our forex policies which this administration admits to be a gamble. How can u be gambling with the lives of over 120 million people? Mtcheeeeeeew

Business owners are not bothered by the rise in exchange rate, they simply pass the cost to the consumers. In fact they use it as a bargain...Me: Oga, why this item come double for price? Seller: Oga Seun, na which country you dey, you no know sey dollar don double to naira? Me: I know but you no dey do import na. Seller: Yes but we dey buy good from importers who don double their price because of dollar increase. Me: Ok I see.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Mboi2: 6:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
Toeyoursea:

Foolish. Soon it will hit hard those that feed you by then your eyes will clear.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:16pm On Aug 24, 2016
...we have no problems in this country, we only had bad elites headed the offices!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
Naija9090:

Business owners are not bothered by the rise in exchange rate, they simply pass the cost to the consumers.
do you know I warn before?
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
wreckerMcbeth:

Sai Buhari!
...sai Emefiele!..yes
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
Useless government
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by NavierStokes(m): 6:21pm On Aug 24, 2016
neocortex:
Sai Baba,
we are solidly behind you undecided

Hehehe
Amygdala we are lining up behind you grin behind Buhari.
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:29pm On Aug 24, 2016
...I still not see anyone say yah, man, you warned! because truth is bitter!
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Gbemiie: 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2016
Na wa o
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by gonkin(m): 6:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
With all whats happening i just wish buhari never came to exist
he is a useless aboki giving northerners a bad identity. if the country should split, let it split cuz its pointless going like this

no job for brilliant graduates and every entrepreneurship na GOD I BEG.

Whoever knows buhari, tell him he is a foolish leader that doesn't know the basics of ruling.
A mad man could do better than him. FORGET POWER, ABACHA IS BETTER THAN HIM

He doesn't want to settle with NDA, yet the country is lagging by day.
We dont pray bad prayers but this is far enough.

ANY LEADER THAT DOES NOT HELP OF FAVOR HIS NATION SHALL DIE OF CANCER AND AIDS.

WHY DID THEY EVEN REMOVE THE BLOODY SUBSIDY? ITS POINTLESS CUZ THING ARE WORSE THAN EVER

2 Likes

Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by Elle277(f): 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
oh my!..too bad
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:37pm On Aug 24, 2016
gonkin:
With all whats happening i just wish buhari never came to exist
he is a useless aboki giving northerners a bad identity. if the country should split, let it split cuz its pointless going like this

no job for brilliant graduates and every entrepreneurship na GOD I BEG.

Whoever knows buhari, tell him he is a foolish leader that doesn't know the basics of ruling.
A mad man could do better than him. FORGET POWER, ABACHA IS BETTER THAN HIM

He doesn't want to settle with NDA, yet the country is lagging by day.
We dont pray bad prayers but this is far enough.

ANY LEADER THAT DOES NOT HELP OF FAVOR HIS NATION SHALL DIE OF CANCER AND AIDS.

WHY DID THEY EVEN REMOVE THE BLOODY SUBSIDY? ITS POINTLESS CUZ THING ARE WORSE THAN EVER
..but why didn't you tell Emefiele your neighbour to resign first!
https://www.nairaland.com/3306047/godwin-emefiele-clueless-must-sacked
Re: Naira Crosses 400/$ Mark At Parallel Market After FX Ban On 9 Banks by oyinkinola: 6:40pm On Aug 24, 2016
Elle277:
oh my!..too bad
...sincerely speaking, do you read one of my warning to remove Emefiele?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FOREX Crisis: FG Slams $10 Billion Fine On Binance / Mark Zuckerberg Loses 17. 6bn Plunge To World's Sixth Richest / Shipping Agents From London To Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.