Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,632 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss (27312 Views)

Bag Of Rice May Sell For N40,000 By December - Minister Of State For Agriculture / Anambra Rice Now In Circulation Sells For N9,000 / Anambra Rice In Circulation, Sells For N9,000 Per Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by HungerBAD: 4:29am On Aug 25, 2016
Ongoing agro-business scheme being run by the Lagos State government in Kebbi State will soon put an end to the high cost of foodstuff in the South-western part of the country, chairman of Alimosho Local Council, Mr. Ganiyu Quadri, disclosed this on Tuesday.

Specifically, the council boss said the price of a bag of rice, which is currently at N18, 500, would drop sharply to N9000 before the end of the year.

Quadri gave the assurance while receiving in audience, a delegation of Rotary Club of Akowonjo 9110, led by its District-Governor, Rotarian Patrick Ikheloa, and President, Rotarian Shola Abidakun.

According to the council boss, the All Progressives Congress administration in Lagos had swung head-long into agro-business with a view to ensuring food security for its teeming population.

“By the end of this year, or the first quarter of next year, things will immediately change in Lagos. Already, we are into agro-business in Kebbi State. We have massive land on which we planted various grains, among which is rice, our people’s staple food. And it is expected that the truckloads of rice will storm Lagos very soon.
http://guardian.ng/news/rice-will-sell-for-n9-000-before-december/

9 Likes

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by DelGardo: 4:38am On Aug 25, 2016
It is too early to bring such bad news to the wailers na... what is all this?

Rice, N9000... we will not take it.

(Agggghhh! Actually credit should go to Jonathan. Buhari should resign)

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Funlordjnr: 4:44am On Aug 25, 2016
undecided

Na quadri himself go dey sell the rice at that price? Anyway as long as the guardian go fit prove say dem ma buy am for that price na only then I go send!

3 Likes

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Nobody: 4:44am On Aug 25, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by sinistermind(m): 4:48am On Aug 25, 2016
We hope so... that's it if it's quality can be a substitute for the imported ones. It's not that we don't have enough rice in the country but it's quality people are after.

2 Likes

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by aresa: 4:53am On Aug 25, 2016
Sai Buhari

Sai Nigeria..

grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by excellencyabia1: 4:55am On Aug 25, 2016
This one hounds like ELISHA prophecy. How many will die before then ? Well i'll postpone my reception till the price of rice comes down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by madridguy(m): 4:56am On Aug 25, 2016
So what will happen before December? Am not convinced at all. Baba should bring itdown to 5K.
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by ladyF(f): 4:58am On Aug 25, 2016
The same way they said $1 will equal N1. Lol you better buy your bag of rice before Christmas if you like yourself. grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by datopaper(m): 5:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Let wait and see

But y politicians are use to ' we want to' y not now.

Y December.

Let hear bag of rice is now #9,000.

Sefini

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:06am On Aug 25, 2016
DelGardo:
It is too early to bring such bad news to the wailers na... what is all this?

Rice, N9000... we will not take it.

(Agggghhh! Actually credit should go to Jonathan. Buhari should resign)
This is not about wailers, this is about asking yourself, APC & Buhari how many of their campaign promises have they fulfilled??

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by hucienda: 5:06am On Aug 25, 2016
'Will'

'To'

'Soon'

and so on.

Government of the Future Tense.

For how long will this FG campaign? When will they talk of what they have finally done. The 'now'?

News reports like -

FG has 'now' commissioned the Lagos - Calabar rail.
Power generation is 'now' 40,000MW in 2019 like we promised.
Herdsmen killings, 'now' a thing of the past ...

15 months gone. 33 to go.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 25, 2016
smiley
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Elzends(m): 5:11am On Aug 25, 2016
Story
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:15am On Aug 25, 2016
madridguy:
So what will happen before December? Am not convinced at all. Baba should bring itdown to 5K.
hehehehehehe! Why are you not convinced now or is Buhari not the new sheriff in town anymore??

We Wee Never Take Wailing From You..

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by aresa: 5:15am On Aug 25, 2016
ladyF:
The same way they said $1 will equal N1. Lol you better buy your bag of rice before Christmas if you like yourself. grin

BeeBeeOoh:
This is not about wailers, this is about asking yourself, APC & Buhari how many of their campaign promises have they fulfilled??

Anambra Rice In Circulation, Sells For N9,000 Per Bag

https://www.nairaland.com/3267971/anambra-rice-circulation-sells-n9000

I thought Igbos were celebrating because Anambra rice was already selling for N9000? Una don forget already abi Anambra N9000 rice na lie lie?. grin grin

Hate and bitterness no go kill you people sha.. grin grin

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by kokozain(m): 5:24am On Aug 25, 2016
I am dearly waiting for that in SW
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by snezBaba: 5:26am On Aug 25, 2016
hucienda:
'Will'

'To'

'Soon'

and so on.

Government of the Future Tense.

For how long will this FG campaign? When will they talk of what they have finally done. The 'now'?

News reports like -

FG has 'now' commissioned the Lagos - Calabar rail.
Power generation is 'now' 40,000MW in 2019 like we promised.
Herdsmen killings, 'now' a thing of the past ...

15 months gone. 33 to go.

Iffa slap you there,when they commission anything,no be Jonathan you dey accredit am to?.Even the 9month training of the Niger delta was almost linked to Jona

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Unibenfucker(m): 5:37am On Aug 25, 2016
ladyF:
Lady gaga you again why are u a doubting Thomas lady F me and you have Scores to settle ooooh
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by agwom(m): 5:39am On Aug 25, 2016
cry
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by ladyF(f): 5:39am On Aug 25, 2016
Unibenfucker:

Lady gaga you again why are u a doubting Thomas lady F me and you have Scores to settle ooooh
lol which scores Sir? grin
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by DelGardo: 5:55am On Aug 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Buhari promised to tackle 3 things and in this order:
1) security
2) corruption and
3) Economy/unemployment.

Boko haram (security) is decimated as a fighting force, Nigeria army is re-positioned, re-tooled and re-energised, so I can say 70% for now. If we can bring some barbaric herdsmen/fanatical Islamist criminals to justice and revamp Nigeria Police Force he will get full marks.

The fight against corruption is well and truly on with over N100b recovered, billions of dollars in forfeiture while legal recovery processes are being pursued, loopholes tightened (subsidy, TSA, ghost workers etc) and legislative/judicial processes enhanced (administration of criminal justice act, inter agency collaboration etc). So here again I give 80% since our hero did almost nothing in this regard.

On economy there is a lot to be done but I am very happy with the steps being taken under the ruinious circumstances he inherited, in addition to the global economic slowdown due to low oil prices (and renegade ND criminals recently linked to uncle IB) which have seriously impacted govt revenues and developmental agenda. So I will score him an strong 60% for effort and strategic direction.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:01am On Aug 25, 2016
DelGardo:

1) security
2) corruption and
3) Economy/unemployment.

Boko haram (security) is decimated as a fighting force, Nigeria army is re-positioned, re-tooled and re-energised, so I can say 70% for now. If we can bring some barbaric herdsmen/fanatical Islamist criminals to justice and revamp Nigeria Police Force he will get full marks.

The fight against corruption is well and truly on with over N100b recovered, billions of dollars in forfeiture while legal recovery processes are concluded, loopholes tightened (subsidy, TSA, ghost workers etc) and legislative/judicial processes enhanced (administration of criminal justice act, inter agency collaboration etc). So here again I give 80% since our hero did almost nothing in this regard.

On economy there is a lot to be done but I am very happy with the steps being taken under the ruinious circumstances he inherited, in addition to the global economic slowdown due to low oil prices (and renegade ND criminals recently linked to uncle IB) which have seriously impacted govt revenues and developmental agenda. So I will score him an strong 60% for effort and strategic direction.
Let me answer this your epistle with this adage:

No Matter How Hard You Shake The Pen1s After Urination, The Last Drop Of Urine Belongs To The Boxers

No matter how long your epistle is, Buhari's ineptitude, incompetence & ineffectiveness is audible to the deaf & visible to the blind. #shalom

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by DelGardo: 6:09am On Aug 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Let me answer this your epistle with this adage:

No Matter How Hard You Shake The Pen1s After Urination, The Last Drop Of Urine Belongs To The Boxers

No matter how long your epistle is, Buhari's ineptitude, incompetence & ineffectiveness is audible to the deaf & visible to the blind. #shalom

Well... your response is typical of your kind. You ask a question, I respond with facts and you come back with some rant about your willy and end with some big empty words.

How quaint. smiley

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Sibrah: 6:10am On Aug 25, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by HungerBAD: 6:12am On Aug 25, 2016
DelGardo:

Well... your response is typical of your kind. You ask a question, I respond with facts and you come back with some rant about your willy and end with some big empty words.

How quaint. smiley

Intelligent response.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by HtwoOw: 6:12am On Aug 25, 2016
Another promise being fulfilled by Change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by saintkel(m): 6:12am On Aug 25, 2016
DelGardo:

1) security
2) corruption and
3) Economy/unemployment.

The fight against corruption is well and truly on with over N100b recovered, billions of dollars in forfeiture while legal recovery processes are being pursued, loopholes tightened (subsidy, TSA, ghost workers etc) and legislative/judicial processes enhanced (administration of criminal justice act, inter agency collaboration etc). So here again I give 80% since our hero did almost nothing in this regard.

If only d Nigerian police will borrow me dia AK47 walahi na to shoot u strait for ya brain

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Hiploko(m): 6:20am On Aug 25, 2016
DelGardo:

1) security
2) corruption and
3) Economy/unemployment.

you people are Buhari's problem. Sycophants. Tell him the truth always so that he might sit up

9 Likes

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Omotorvidosky: 6:23am On Aug 25, 2016
Still waiting
Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Morkavictor: 6:25am On Aug 25, 2016
The same way they promised #1=$1.

1 Like

Re: Rice Will Sell For N9,000 Before December - Alimosho Council Boss by Beremx(f): 6:27am On Aug 25, 2016
I am forced not to trust the government any longer. I better go buy enough rice and stock in my house because the price of rice will definitely increase in December.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delicious Jollof Rice. Idea For A Quick Lunch (pics & video) / Native Jollof Rice/palmoil Rice / Don't Wash Your Chicken Before Cooking - Health Researchers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.