Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,135 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) (11824 Views)

FG Kick Starts Gold Purchase Scheme… / CBN Rejects Adeosun's Call For Interest Rate Cut, Retains Benchmark Rat / FG Kick-starts Resuscitation Of Ajaokuta Steel Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Sibrah: 11:31am On Aug 25, 2016
That's a serious government.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Okakanu: 11:34am On Aug 25, 2016
Dagaya:
On paper it looks good. but we all know implementation is the issue. He said something abot recurrent expenditure being up to date, one tends to wonder because i was lead to believe a lot of employment were captured under the 2016 budget. So far aside the cbn jobs that was given to their cronies am yet to here of any other employment. am really confused as to where we are heading, cus all they do is speak from one side of their mouth and do just the opposite.
That is the change we voted for.

1 Like

Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Sibrah: 11:41am On Aug 25, 2016
Icecomrade:

2016 Budget was just a scam.

Think about it,

When was 2016 budget passed?

What percentage of the Budget has the government implanted so far? 10%, 20%? 30%?

How many more months do we have before 2017?

And they are talking about 2017 budget.
I don't care if you support APC government of not, the equation below summarizes them
APC= SCAM
You just rushed to type nonsense in red fonts. You empty talk won't work.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by kraftykc(m): 11:42am On Aug 25, 2016
Well this is what I expect and I hope there is no needless padding drama anymore.

But this finance minister... I have no confidence in her anymore. I need to know how she is focusing the economy and stimulating it in the short term. I keep hearing about the construction and what have you, but if it isn't massive and concurrent it will not have the required impact.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Sibrah: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2016
IMASTEX:
laughable. I can see the diversification mode activated. Lol. From Niger Delta Oil to Northern Oil. BTW, It budget another name for APC or what?! Cause I haven't seen 2016 budget in operation. Except in the lives the APC,s.
As far as govt is concerned, it takes money to diversify, and I mean lots of it. Right now there isn't much money to service recurrent bill needs alone talkless of diversifying the economy.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Sibrah: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2016
kraftykc:
Well this is what I expect and I hope there is no needless padding drama anymore.

But this finance minister... I have no confidence in her anymore. I need to know how she is focusing the economy and stimulating it in the short term. I keep hearing about the construction and what have you, but if it isn't massive and concurrent it will not have the required impact.
She is performing positive wonders already and it will take a very discerning eye to spot and appreciate it.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by obailala(m): 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
Icecomrade:

Think about it,

What percentage of the Budget has the government implanted so far? 10%, 20%? 30%?

I don't care if you support APC government of not, the equation below summarizes them
APC= SCAM
2016 budget runs till May 2017; show me a PDP budget?
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by NigerDeltan(m): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2016
That was how nigeria lost to Denmark in France 98, u never beat Denmark finish u dey talk abt Brazil for qtr final

1 Like

Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by bigtt76(f): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Only the good relationship between OBJ and PMB is still keeping Ms Adeosun there. Wonder what is keeping Emefiele there angry

I wonder why they will be proposing a higher benchmark price for oil and the production numbers after what they've suffered. They even had the audacity to use N290 to the dollar because that clueless governor told them it would stabilize ....are they all madt ni?

They're still bragging over the release of N400billion .....who dat amount don epp? Anyway GEJ didn't do any better <for those who may want to point that out here>. He virtually killed the economy. How can you rebase your economy to be the largest in the whole of Africa? Is this not the purview of independent bodies like IMF and World Bank? Now you go around telling the world you are rich or have rich economic prospect ....who will borrow you money on that note?

1 Like

Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Boss13: 12:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
After wasting an entire year doing nothing this government wants to start next year budget. How about implementing 2016 budget?
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by onyxo76(m): 12:47pm On Aug 25, 2016
was the 2016 budget even passed? it would have been better to use the $20 bench mark instead, these oil prices are very unstable.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Boss13: 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2016
bigtt76:
Only the good relationship between OBJ and PMB is still keeping Ms Adeosun there. Wonder what is keeping Emefiele there angry

I wonder why they will be proposing a higher benchmark price for oil and the production numbers after what they've suffered. They even had the audacity to use N290 to the dollar because that clueless governor told them it would stabilize ....are they all madt ni?

They're still bragging over the release of N400billion .....who dat amount don epp? Anyway GEJ didn't do any better <for those who may want to point that out here>. He virtually killed the economy. How can you rebase your economy to be the largest in the whole of Africa? Is this not the purview of independent bodies like IMF and World Bank? Now you go around telling the world you are rich or have rich economic prospect ....who will borrow you money on that note?

No you are wrong on the economy rebate. It portrays Nigeria as a big market. A good destination for good returns.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by tribalistseun: 12:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
I hope it's not our oil Buhari is benchmarking with. Cos he will never have it. Period
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by OBAGADAFFI: 1:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
“In terms of oil production, we are keeping to the same level of this year for 2017 and that is 2.2m barrels per day. For 2018, 2.3m barrels per day; for 2019, 2.4 m barrels per day,” he said.

“The reason 2019 is slightly lower than 2018 is because that is an election year and usually, in an election year because of the uncertainties, we have also made provision for that,” he said.

Asked whether the issue of the emergency powers which Buhari was reported to have sought from the National Assembly to reflate the economy came up at the meeting, Udoma said nothing like that was discussed.

This people are not serious.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by DabuIIIT: 1:27pm On Aug 25, 2016
Dogharinonomics.. Whats their 2016 budget story? Rubbish
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by bigtt76(f): 1:58pm On Aug 25, 2016
Well how did that help us in the past year? angry rather than encourage the influx of investors it did not. It was rebased using the artificial strength of the Naira then and which the present administration hotheadedly refused to back down from until when it was too late. I know people would be saying the exchange rate was better under GEJ but its wrong and that was what reduced our reserves to its lowest ebb now. You don't try to pretend to be what you are not. Falling oil price and mono-economy are not ideal for a rebased image laundering.

Boss13:

No you are wrong on the economy rebate. It portrays Nigeria as a big market. A good destination for good returns.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Icecomrade: 7:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
obailala:
2016 budget runs till May 2017; show me a PDP budget?
Address the level of implementation and not PDP budget.

All you do is to make silly reference to PDP to hide the failure and gross incompetence on this directionless government
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Icecomrade: 7:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Sibrah:
You just rushed to type nonsense in red fonts. You empty talk won't work.

For your mind. You typed something
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by obailala(m): 9:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
Icecomrade:

Address the level of implementation and not PDP budget.

All you do is to make silly reference to PDP to hide the failure and gross incompetence on this directionless government
You jumped out of nowhere and jumped into conclusion that the budget and apc were scam because of the low level of budget implementation. I pointed out to you that the budget year runs till May 2017 so in essence, we are in just the 3rd month out of the 12 month period and no sensible judgement can be made on the budget implememtation yet.

But obviously your mind isnt configured at this time for objectivity so you are incapable of discerning such info. Your mind is only pre-programmed at this time to just wail and insult, albeit baselessly. Sometimes actually responding to these childish tantrums is embarrassing.
Re: FG Kick-starts 2017 Budget Process, Fix Oil Benchmark (Pic) by Mrufai44: 10:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
Icecomrade:

Think about it,

APC= SCAM 21 percent in 3 months

(1) (2) (Reply)

Onnoghen: PDP Is Sympathetic To Corruption, Says APC / CCT Rejects Court Orders Stopping Onnoghen’s Trial / Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.