Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,741 members, 7,820,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election (1000 Views)

EHIOZUWA JOHNSON AGBONAYINMA Joins APC; PDP Lawmakers Jubilant / Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / PDP Lawmakers Fight Over Positions - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by dechriscool(m): 7:53am On Aug 25, 2016
Tribunal upholds Rivers PDP lawmakers’ elections
The Election Petitions Tribunal sitting in Abuja, yesterday upheld the elections of a House of Representatives member from Rivers State, Mrs. Blessing Nsiegbe and two members of the state of Assembly, Edison Ehie and Martins Mannah, all elected on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. Edison Ehie represents Ahoada East 1 state constituency, Martins Mannah represents Ahoada East II, state constituency and Mrs. Blessing Nsiegbe represents Port Harcourt federal constituency II. Meanwhile, Chairman, Rivers State chapter of PDP, Mr. Felix Obuah, while reacting to the judgment, noted that more candidates of the party in the March 19, 2016 legislative re-run elections in the state have been confirmed by the tribunal. He congratulated the lawmakers on their resounding victory at the elections tribunal, describing the judgments as further confirmation of Rivers people’s mandate and acceptance of the PDP as a household party in the state. The PDP Chairman, expressing satisfaction with the judgments, also commended the tribunal judges for standing firm in their unanimous decision on the matters, despite pressures on them by the opposition and petitioners to subvert justice and declare otherwise. Obuah reiterates that the PDP, as a law-abiding party, has over the years, subjected itself and its activities under the rule of law and has maintained its preference for free, fair and peaceful elections at all levels, explaining that the various judgments of the courts in favour of the PDP were in the right direction and therefore, commendable. While regretting the slight deliberate distraction by the petitioners from the All Progressives Congress, APC, the PDP Chairman called on the victorious candidates of the party to settle down and give the people of the state meaningful representations in line with the New Rivers vision of Governor Nyesom Wike.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/tribunal-upholds-rivers-pdp-lawmakers-elections/

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by Mynd44: 7:55am On Aug 25, 2016
As expected.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by agwom(m): 7:56am On Aug 25, 2016
Congratulation!

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by Pidggin(f): 8:00am On Aug 25, 2016
grin INEC results are only inconclusive when opposition wins
Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by TippyTop(m): 8:01am On Aug 25, 2016
This was expected, the SS/SE is overwhelmingly PDP.
Even Justice Okon Abang can't reverse it.

3 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by dechriscool(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2016
Mrs.Blessing Nsiegbe federal constituency phalga 2 was the constituency Amaechi and his APC cohort of Davie Ikanya et al wanted to subvert the people's wish on the March rerun election that led to an uproar and scene at Mile 1 division of Nigeria police station.when an INEC electoral officer was kidnapped.

Congratulations Ma,on your victory .

Rivers is PDP and PDP is Rivers
New Rivers vision, we stand

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by Dagaya(m): 8:15am On Aug 25, 2016
PDP all the way in Rivers state..There is absolutely no way Apc can win anything in that state except through violent rigging.
People are wiser now though. it would take a whole lot for Apc to come near victory in any of the south south states.

2 Likes

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by tigerclaws: 8:19am On Aug 25, 2016
there's hunger in the land and people are here talking about political parties as if they put food on an average Nigerian table.

all this political stuff yaf tired me me sef i don join to pray for bullharry to get things right because this dollar rate is forking affecting me directly cry
Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 25, 2016
tigerclaws:
there's hunger in the land and people are here talking about political parties as if they put food on an average Nigerian table.

all this political stuff yaf tired me me sef i don join to pray for bullharry to get things right because this dollar rate is forking affecting me directly cry

That is why you have to rejoice over APC'S lose in Rivers state.

we also have to reject the telecommunications tax on subscribers as plotted by this evil APC party.

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by RealJaneDoe: 10:05am On Aug 25, 2016
has there been any election that was conducted only once since may 29 2015??!
Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by ProfessorPeter(m): 10:19am On Aug 25, 2016
Next on line is Edo State. Abeg Edo people make una vote Iza Iyamu so that Make we comot Oshomole and his evil party from south south
Re: Tribunal Upheld Rivers PDP Lawmakers' Election by dechriscool(m): 10:30am On Aug 25, 2016
Do you remember this?
Phalga constituency 2 attempt to subvert the people's wish

(1) (Reply)

Opinion: Nairalanders, Lets Advice The Present Administration / Definition Of Change By Reno Omokri / Corruption Allegation: Buhari Suspends Chief Of Staff, Abba Kyari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.