Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? (1735 Views)

What Is Your Highest Score In Subway Surfers? / Game Of Life-words / Help Needed On God Of War 2 (The Great Chasm). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 4:24pm On Sep 30, 2009
As if you needed any reminding, the PlayStation 3 exclusive Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is receiving some lofty review scores from critics worldwide, and as the analysis continues to be glowing, we're starting to wonder: will it become the highest rated game of the generation?

It's well on its way. As of right now, it's averaging 96.43% according to GameRankings, and that is currently counting 7 reviews. To add to those, most recently we've seen a 5/5 from G4TV, a 9.6 from Vandal Online, a 93 from Videogamezone, and a 95 from JeuxVideo. In comparison to the best of the best this generation, Grand Theft Auto IV for the PS3 owns the top spot (and is actually the second-highest rated game of all time behind The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) with an average review score of 97.31% and Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii is at 97.28%. But beyond that, nothing can quite reach Uncharted 2 right now, including Bioshock (94.99%), LittleBigPlanet (94.50%), Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (94.17%), Gears of War (93.88%), and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (93.14%). Obviously, we've got a long ways to go - our review is still to come, for instance - but Naughty Dog's sequel is definitely off to a fast start. If this isn't enough to convince you to be a PS3 owner at this point in time, well, nothing will.

Where will Uncharted 2 end up on the overall rankings? We're not entirely sure, but we feel confident in saying it's easily one of the best video game productions in history.

Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by mahal(m): 10:57am On Oct 02, 2009
Talking of top Games?/ I think you should wait for Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising.
It could easily be the Best Game ever made.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by mahal(m): 11:01am On Oct 02, 2009
images

Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by mahal(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2009
more

Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by vowiski(m): 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2009
@mahal, m sorry, Operation flashpoint 2 is a nice game, but it's no were close to unchanted 2. the highest i have seen is a 8/10 in reviews of operation flaspoint 2, but the lowest i have seen for unchated 2 is a 8.8/10, i have seen over 10 perfect scores 10/10, 5/5, 100/100 , for unchated 2, sincerely the Graphics are insane,  and unbelievable.
comparing a multiplatform game to an exclusive game is absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by ritchboy(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2009
According to kosovo, soul calibur 4 cant be compared to D.O.A 4 cos its multiplatform.
Jesus wept! grin
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by mahal(m): 10:23pm On Oct 02, 2009
Seriously, are these games rated before they are released? havnt seen that before, pls give me links.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by vowiski(m): 3:41am On Oct 03, 2009
@mahal, publishers give their games to reviewers to review before lunch date,
here is a link each for your reading plesure,

Operation flashpoint 2 review.
http://www.oxm.co.uk/article.php?id=14257

Unchanted 2 review
http://gamegirl.blogfaction.com/article/111013/uncharted-2-among-thieves-review-best-game-of-the-year/

would provide more upon request.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by mahal(m): 7:51am On Oct 04, 2009
@ Kosovo
No hard feelings with you, Bless You

Vowiski provided the links which i read and agreed with
well enough, I may not be game guru like you, but only learnt somthing new with
vowiski, so what's all the curses for?
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by ritchboy(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2009
Kosovo,
what does that quote have to do with me or your absurd claim exclusive games cant be compared to non exclusives?
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2009
@mahal
@ Kosovo
No hard feelings with you, Bless You

Vowiski provided the links which i read and agreed with
well enough, I may not be game guru like you, but only learnt somthing new with
vowiski, so what's all the curses for?
Oh, m really sorry for the mix up, i have modified my post.
it was actaully directed to ritchboy grin.
bless u too.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by ritchboy(m): 5:33pm On Oct 04, 2009
Kosovo,
all u have to say for urself is "dumb guy"?
Ur mother must be very dumb for not aborting u.
Exclusive games cant be compared to non-exclusives? What part of ur anatomy comes up with such crap? Certainly not ur brain. do u even have a brain?
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 8:42pm On Oct 04, 2009
@ritchboy
Kosovo,
all u have to say for urself is "dumb guy"?
your mother must be very dumb for not aborting u.
Exclusive games cant be compared to non-exclusives? What part of your anatomy comes up with such crap? Certainly not your brain. do u even have a brain?
   u re such a slowpoke, when u devote all resources, time and funds, to the development of a game on one console, you will acheive almost double results rather than when you devote such to different platform, because you must make the two versions look similar, inrespective of the power they posses.
  as far as i am concern, no multiplat game can compare to exclusive games like
Killzone 2
unchanted 2
Gran torismo 5
Heavy rain.
  ALL IN FULL HD.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by texazzpete(m): 7:51am On Oct 05, 2009
kosovo:

@ritchboy   u re such a slowpoke, when u devote all resources, time and funds, to the development of a game on one console, you will acheive almost double results rather than when you devote such to different platform, because you must make the two versions look similar, inrespective of the power they posses.
  as far as i am concern, no multiplat game can compare to exclusive games like
Killzone 2
unchanted 2
Gran torismo 5
Heavy rain.
  ALL IN FULL HD.

1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is FAR superior to Killzone 2. And it's multiplatform
2. As you pointed out in your own post, GTA IV is rated higher than uncharted. And it's multiplatform
3. Heavy rain and GT5 aren't out yet, there's no basis for including them in this comparison table cheesy

Exclusiveness does not indicate quality. PS3 Launch title LAIR was exclusive. Ratchet and Clank is an exclusive that pales in comparison to Super Mario Galaxy. Do you really want me to list all the Sony exclusives that have tanked?

Stop being a PS3 troll and focus on gaming in general. I buy far more games for my PS3 than my 360, that doesnt mean i do not appreciate games on any system that comes my way.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by texazzpete(m): 7:53am On Oct 05, 2009
PS: Please correct the misleading title of this post. Currently as you've said, Uncharted 2 remains third in that list with ONLY 7 reviews in. When more reviews come in, you'll see it drop below.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 10:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
@texazzpete
PS: Please correct the misleading title of this post. Currently as you've said, Uncharted 2 remains third in that list with ONLY 7 reviews in. When more reviews come in, you'll see it drop below.
you just got owned grin
i have already seen 10 perfect scores for unchanted 2,  and many others near perfect scores, the least i have seen is a 9, grin grin grin
  how can u say such? 

@ ritchboy
kosovo,
i was about to reply but texazz was kind enough to address your stupidity 
but,  but,    texazzpete is not as stupid as you are. PLS go back to the hole you came from and stop looking like a joke. grin Nuff said and done, what a compete waste of time and bandwidth you were.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by ritchboy(m): 10:48am On Oct 07, 2009
kosovo
ur atrocious english depicts u a retard grin
if ur ISP give their other customers 3gig of bandwidth, they should give you 11 bytes. . . U HAVE NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO SAY! grin
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 11:32pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ritchboy
kosovo
your atrocious english depicts u a retard
if your ISP give their other customers 3gig of bandwidth, they should give you 11 bytes. . . U HAVE NOTHING MEANINGFUL TO SAY!
keep talking grin
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by DatNiggaAk(m): 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2009
WATS THE BEEF ALL ABOUT
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by lexyman(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
hello guys in the house most of u must have seen the  preview of ''uncharted 2'' .on my part i have the real ps3 playable copy available, call lexyman on 08023321050 to grab a copy of uncharted 2
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
This Game should be rated nothing less than 9.0 because it is just too much,  I wonder how interesting NFS or FiFa would be if it is handled by Uncharted's Developers,   grin I reallly need to get a copy next week. undecided
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by mahal(m): 6:41am On Oct 10, 2009
I'm totally disappointed with what i saw in Operation Flashpoint 2 angry
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 12:38pm On Oct 10, 2009
@mahal
I'm totally disappointed with what i saw in Operation Flashpoint 2
it was expected!
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 19, 2009
The game is not Overhyped, I wouldn't think so. After playing this game I'm left speechless. The Voice Acting is Top Notch, the soundtrack is great, there has been great improvements in the combat-even the sneaking element and hand to hand combat have been improved. The gun play is sweet with awesome AI and good cover system with destructable cover. Though the only thing that disappoints me is that most of the chapters do not last for long. . . angry
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 3:51am On Oct 27, 2009
uncharted 2 currently holds a 97 meta score according to metacritic, which just one point away from GTA4 . . .

Here is some of the reviews.

Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
A veritable master class of all-round game development. From a sensational single-player experience that never takes any short-cuts and maintains its story's mythological credibility right to the end to the co-operative online play to the robust, balanced, and just plain fun multiplayer modes, this is a package of content that more than earns its $60 price tag,  [It's] this season's biggest PS3 victory. [Nov 2009, p.42]

Eurogamer Portugal

Could use many words to describe Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, but I will just use one. Too beautiful.

Games Radar (in-house)

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant. It looks amazing, plays like a dream and the voice-acting/story-telling will hook you in right from the off. PS3 officially has it’s a killer-app and a million tears are shed by 360 fanboys.

Computer and Video Games
It takes elements from a lot of games - the exploration of Tomb Raider, climbing of Prince of Persia/Assassin's Creed, combat from Gears of War and stealth from Splinter Cell, yet it amalgamates all of these elements perfectly into one package. You can't compare it to any other game.

Kombo
Uncharted 2 can't come with enough rave recommendations. This game has something for everybody, no questions asked.
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by Najapwinez: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2009
uncharted, dats da Sh!t!
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by iykedee: 1:47pm On Nov 12, 2009
Uncharted 2 is easily the best game of 09, not even MW2 can scathe this game's level design, story, puzzles, gunplay, cover, etc, This game is almost flawless and did I mention that the graphics are simply breath taking in HD
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by entinvest: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2009
this means you all havent seen BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM
Re: Uncharted 2: The Highest Rated Game Of The Generation? by kosovo(m): 10:59pm On Nov 14, 2009
Bringing BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM to this issue is completely ridiculous, jeezz

(1) (Reply)

Pes11, Uncharted 2 And Gow 3 Needed / Clash Of Clans / FIFA 14 Legend On Pc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.