Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,848 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:58 PM

Closed - Car Talk (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80069 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:15am On Nov 06, 2016
naturalmikky:
Hello House!, I use a toyota 1998 orobo and filled the gas 3 days ago. I realise that my car does overheating when I drive on a small distance. My radiator water finishes quickly. Please what do I do?

coolant leak. Find leak.
Re: Closed by fabiomatic(m): 10:11am On Nov 07, 2016
Hi Gazzuzz, my car compressor leaks.. How do I go about it? And how much will it cost me to seal it. i have filled the gas twice now and it only worked for a few days... I drive Toyota Camry 2003, V6. LE. Please assist. Do you think the compressor is weak or sealing the leak would do.

i wish i could come to your office but as we all know time is a major constraint in Lagos. thanks.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:43pm On Nov 07, 2016
fabiomatic:
Hi Gazzuzz, my car compressor leaks.. How do I go about it? And how much will it cost me to seal it

Full info of vehicle?
Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hi Gazzuz, I drive a Toyota Highlander 2005. I have two issues with my AC.
1. when the AC in my car is on I still perceive odours from outside even the vent is closed and air is recycled.

2. Anytime the AC is on in the mornings or evenings , it builds up a lot of mist on my windshield even when I reduce the tempreture. Also, there is button that allows one to direct the vent to the leg room but cold air does not come out.
I change my cabin filter anytime I do my oil change so it definitely not a case of filter. what can I do resolve this issue.
Re: Closed by cjfbn: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2016
Direct me to a good Ac engineer in Enugu.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:50pm On Nov 07, 2016
mikhailogbo:
Hi Gazzuz, I drive a Toyota Highlander 2005. I have two issues with my AC.
1. when the AC in my car is on I still perceive odours from outside even the vent is closed and air is recycled.

2. Anytime the AC is on in the mornings or evenings , it builds up a lot of mist on my windshield even when I reduce the tempreture. Also, there is button that allows one to direct the vent to the leg room but cold air does not come out.
I change my cabin filter anytime I do my oil change so it definitely not a case of filter. what can I do resolve this issue.

Under the dash, close to the evaporator, there are several motors motorized units designed for moving flaps, that change the direction and pattern of air flow. The motors could die out, nut since you habve more than one malfunctioning (recirculation/air direction) it's possible the a.c module is compromised. You should test the motorized units 1 at a time before coming to a conclusion

Fixing this issue will solve question 1&2 above

Re: Closed by fabiomatic(m): 12:03am On Nov 08, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Full info of vehicle?
Hi Gazzuzz, my car compressor leaks.. How do I go about it? And how much will it cost me to seal it. i have filled the gas twice now and it only worked for a few days... I drive Toyota Camry 2003, V6. LE. Please assist. Do you think the compressor is weak or sealing the leak would do.

i wish i could come to your office but as we all know time is a major constraint in Lagos. thanks.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:56am On Nov 08, 2016
fabiomatic:

where is the leak from? Is it behind the pulley , near the shaft?
Re: Closed by fabiomatic(m): 2:03pm On Nov 08, 2016
it is near the shaft and u can also gimme hint if it is behind the pulley
GAZZUZZ:

where is the leak from? Is it behind the pulley , near the shaft?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2016
fabiomatic:
it is near the shaft and u can also gimme hint if it is behind the pulley

Replace compressor.

Compressor currently unavailable.
Re: Closed by fabiomatic(m): 10:39am On Nov 09, 2016
when will u have it available and how much does it go for?
GAZZUZZ:

Replace compressor.

Compressor currently unavailable.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01pm On Nov 09, 2016
fabiomatic:
when will u have it available and how much does it go for?

Compressors I stock are from complete engines I buy. Unless there is a job that requires I buy a compressor form the market, I will not be having that compressor till I replace an engine of similar make.
Re: Closed by fabiomatic(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Compressors I stock are from complete engines I buy. Unless there is a job that requires I buy a compressor form the market, I will not be having that compressor till I replace an engine of similar make.
alright I get the drift. Thanks
Re: Closed by moluwaseun: 2:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
Gazzuzz, Thanks for all the help you have been rendering on this thread, I would appreciate if you could help with mine as well, I noticed in my car after sometime the passenger side AC gets cooler than the driver's side, I took it to a technician and was told it was low on refrigerant & he added some. After some time now, Now the problem I notice the AC doesn't get cold in Traffic, but when moving fast or at least moving a bit it gets cold, what could be the problem, please your help will be appreciated. It's a Toyota Highlander 2004, it's just 3 months, I didn't expect any problem so fast like this. Thanks
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
moluwaseun:
Gazzuzz, Thanks for all the help you have been rendering on this thread, I would appreciate if you could help with mine as well, I noticed in my car after sometime the passenger side AC gets cooler than the driver's side, I took it to a technician and was told it was low on refrigerant & he added some. After some time now, Now the problem I notice the AC doesn't get cold in Traffic , but when moving fast or at least moving a bit it gets cold, what could be the problem, please your help will be appreciated. It's a Toyota Highlander 2004, it's just 3 months, I didn't expect any problem so fast like this. Thanks

low refrigerant, and a failing compressor could cause the listed problems highlighted. It is also possible the leak could be from the compressor. You need to determine point of leak, very important.
Re: Closed by moluwaseun: 8:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
How can I get this checked pls, I'm afraid all this technicians could cause more havoc than normal, pls kindly assist
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
moluwaseun:
How can I get this checked pls, I'm afraid all this technicians could cause more havoc than normal, pls kindly assist

08033910382. OGBA lagos.
Re: Closed by vinideangelo(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2016
Please house,I urgently need a good AC technician around Ajah environs to help me check out the AC on my Nissan pathfinder 05.
Re: Closed by bliss11(m): 11:29am On Nov 18, 2016
hello house my a/c light blinks on my Toyota Camry 2003 but it still cools. pls what could be the cause of it blinking?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:37am On Nov 18, 2016
bliss11:
hello house my a/c light blinks on my Toyota Camry 2003 but it still cools. pls what could be the cause of it blinking?

Blinking is an error code, same as having a check engine light, there is a fault, but you will have to find it via proper diagnosis
Re: Closed by bliss11(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Blinking is an error code, same as having a check engine light, there is a fault, but you will have to find it via proper diagnosis
thanks I'll try to do that
Re: Closed by efizyhenchmen: 4:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
My Honda accord, 2005. AC stops cooling two weeks after refilling and it normally starts from the driver's side downward like that. AC technician told me I need to change the AC condenser and trace places of leakages... KIndly advise me.Please, I will also appreciate if anybody can recommend a good ac technician in Abuja. I really need one...Thanks.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:27pm On Nov 18, 2016
efizyhenchmen:
My Honda accord, 2005. AC stops cooling two weeks after refilling and it normally starts from the driver's side downward like that. AC technician told me I need to change the AC condenser and trace places of leakages... KIndly advise me.Please, I will also appreciate if anybody can recommend a good ac technician in Abuja. I really need one...Thanks.

leaks often occur at weak points. E.g, joints, seals, and O rings.

Condensers naturaly will not start leaking, unless they are poorly installed and rub off against the radiator or chassis, or if they are low quality condensers. I am yet to see a factory fitted condenser self leak.

Look for leaks at compressor area, joints on the high side, and when you start up your car, sniff the air for Gas (evaporator leak)

I presently do not know any A.C technician in abuja, But cardoctor is in abuja, and I'm sure he will reply you soon.
Re: Closed by muyannie: 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2016
Hello Mr. Gazzuzz and the rest of the house, I need a good AC technician around to help me check out the AC on my Nissan pathfinder 05. I have two issues with my AC;
1. when the AC is on I still perceive odours from outside even the vent is closed and air is recycled.

2. the AC cools best only in the mornings, later in the day it doesn't cool as much(front vents) BUT the rear vents cool just fine regardless of the time of day.

I know you don't fix nissan, but please assist in any way you can. Thank you.
Re: Closed by itslix: 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2016
hey guys... am using toyota sienna xle 2002
when d car was bought d ac was working properly..and it came with d automatic ac..after about a month later wen i turn ON my ac it would work for some minutes and later it would start bring out normal air, and d ac indicator would be blinking.. i told my mechanic he said i should remove d thermostat and make d fan run always.. after doing dat d ac started working properly..
but i noticed within three months my gas for d ac has finished.. i filled it up again.. and with 4 months to five months. it was empty... plz advice me. wat is d problem... how can i fix dis... am in delta state warri...
Re: Closed by salvo583: 8:53pm On Nov 21, 2016
Gazzuzz what could make an AC system of a car blow both cool and cold air at its different outlets?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
muyannie:
Hello Mr. Gazzuzz and the rest of the house, I need a good AC technician around to help me check out the AC on my Nissan pathfinder 05. I have two issues with my AC;
1. when the AC is on I still perceive odours from outside even the vent is closed and air is recycled.
2. the AC cools best only in the mornings, later in the day it doesn't cool as much(front vents) BUT the rear vents cool just fine regardless of the time of day.
I know you don't fix nissan, but please assist in any way you can. Thank you.
salvo583:
Gazzuzz what could make an AC system of a car blow both cool and cold air at its different outlets?

When you can perceive external odours when a.c is turned on and re circulation button a activated, problem most times, is the recirculation flap, did not receive the command, or received a partial command and is still slightly open. Recirculation flaps have evolved from cable operation, and nor work electronically. What you need to to in case 1. Is observe the motors on the evaporator area and find out if there is commensurate movement when the re-circulation button is activated. If none.

2. A.c cooling only when ambient temp is low. Classic sign of low refrigerant, guessing is not my thing, so I will hope you find that Nissan a.c technician to fix this up for you.

Good luck
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2016
itslix:
hey guys... am using toyota sienna xle 2002
when d car was bought d ac was working properly..and it came with d automatic ac..after about a month later wen i turn ON my ac it would work for some minutes and later it would start bring out normal air, and d ac indicator would be blinking.. i told my mechanic he said i should remove d thermostat and make d fan run always.. after doing dat d ac started working properly..
but i noticed within three months my gas for d ac has finished.. i filled it up again.. and with 4 months to five months. it was empty... plz advice me. wat is d problem... how can i fix dis... am in delta state warri...

Find leak solve problem. Return your thermostat back, your engine naturally loves sludge, it's presently dying slowly
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:12pm On Nov 21, 2016
salvo583:

wrong instructions from a.c module, or a stuck electronic motor.
Re: Closed by lukman22: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Gud evening Gazzuz. I'm currently hvn issues with my AC. I drive a Passat b6 2.0T.Recently, my AC started blowing hot air from vent after I heard a strange noise frm engine compartment while driving and engine got stalled,but started right bck . I noticed dt the compressor no longer engage and d small fan not spinning wen AC is turned on.
I hv checked all d fuses and still issues remains.
Pls assistance is highly required
Thanks
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:10pm On Nov 30, 2016
lukman22:
Gud evening Gazzuz. I'm currently hvn issues with my AC. I drive a Passat b6 2.0T.Recently, my AC started blowing hot air from vent after I heard a strange noise frm engine compartment while driving and engine got stalled,but started right bck . I noticed dt the compressor no longer engage and d small fan not spinning wen AC is turned on.
I hv checked all d fuses and still issues remains.
Pls assistance is highly required
Thanks

Burnt clutch coil, possibly burnt fuse.

Start with proper diagnosis of why the clutch failed.
Re: Closed by charlie44nike: 10:51am On Dec 01, 2016
My car ac blows very cold but there's a little problem. The back seat Ac blows only from the top which is on the b pillar, but it doesn't blow from beneath the seats. What could be the cause? Can someone help me?

It's a Volvo s80, 2000.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (22) (Reply)

Innoson Replies @chaniee_bob, Lady Who Made Designs With Farouq's New Logo / Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.