Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,137 members, 7,814,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Closed - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80208 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by Emassive(m): 7:48am On Dec 02, 2016
Yes I guess it's called Virus and need total replacement of all the system including evaporator
GAZZUZZ:

Compressor is frozen solid sad

New compressor
Dryer receiver
Expansion valve
Possible new discharge pipes
Preferably new condenser.
Re: Closed by Emassive(m): 7:49am On Dec 02, 2016
I don't think it should cost that much. Buy a New one at Ladipo if you know someone there or contact me let me follow you to get a Good One anytime you are set.
Teeboy06:
I just get Toyota sienna Nigeria used and the a c not chilling at all , just blowing fan and I took it to Ac repairer and refill the gas for me and it was chilling after a week it started blowing ordinary fan again and I took it to the same guy again and he said my evaporator is bad and charge me #40,000 and I smell foul and asked him to leave it.please advice me.thanks
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:01am On Dec 02, 2016
Emassive:
Yes I guess it's called Virus and need total replacement of all the system including evaporator

I am sure it is not called virus. wink
Re: Closed by charlie44nike: 8:02am On Dec 02, 2016
My car ac blows very cold but there's a little problem. The back seat Ac blows only from the top which is on the b pillar, but it doesn't blow from beneath the seats. What could be the cause? Can someone help me?

It's a Volvo s80, 2000
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:03am On Dec 02, 2016
Emassive:
I don't think it should cost that much. Buy a New one at Ladipo if you know someone there or contact me let me follow you to get a Good One anytime you are set.

Blind fixing of air-conditioning will not help any one, but the part sellers.
Re: Closed by charlie44nike: 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
I have posted Twice and I ain't getting any help looks like gazzuz ain't gonna help me. I might have to post on Volvo forums.[color=#000099][/color][b][/b]
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Under the dash, close to the evaporator, there are several motors motorized units designed for moving flaps, that change the direction and pattern of air flow. The motors could die out, nut since you habve more than one malfunctioning (recirculation/air direction) it's possible the a.c module is compromised. You should test the motorized units 1 at a time before coming to a conclusion

Fixing this issue will solve question 1&2 above

charlie44nike:
I have posted Twice and I ain't getting any help looks like gazzuz ain't gonna help me. I might have to post on Volvo forums.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello all,

My honda civic makes this funny sound once the ignition is turned, the mechanic tried to detect where the sound is coming from and after a while he said it was the ac compressor and i will have to change it, he said a new compressor will cost 20k.

My question is, can ac compressor make funny noise even when the ac is not switched on. Two, if its possible , is there a way i can repair it or i must chNGE IT.

Thank u
Re: Closed by stealth2: 7:52am On Dec 03, 2016
@GAZZUZZ Pls I would like you to link me up with a very good car AC repairer in Abuja. ( if u know any). Thanks.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:02am On Dec 03, 2016
rianah:
Hello all,

My honda civic makes this funny sound once the ignition is turned, the mechanic tried to detect where the sound is coming from and after a while he said it was the ac compressor and i will have to change it, he said a new compressor will cost 20k.

My question is, can ac compressor make funny noise even when the ac is not switched on. Two, if its possible , is there a way i can repair it or i must chNGE IT.

Thank u

compressor is not faulty, most likely the bearing in the pulley. It is an easy straight forward fix, that can be done some times without discharging the Gas in the system.

Look at the pic below

Replace bearing and noise should go away.

P.S hope you are sure the noise is from compressor area?

1 Like

Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08am On Dec 03, 2016
stealth2:
@GAZZUZZ Pls I would like you to link me up with a very good car AC repairer in Abuja. ( if u know any). Thanks.

None at the moment, but contact 234 818 492 5571
Re: Closed by gidigbi(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2016
Oga Gazzuzz please help out.

My honda accord 2008 AC was not chilling but blows cool air.

I took it for a check and "Segun" said I need to top the gas. This I did and the AC worked fine for about a week.

Now the AC just blows air while the cooling has greatly reduced.

Your expertise will be appreciated as I don't want "Segun" to be toying with AC.

Thank you Sir.
Re: Closed by DUNKA(m): 9:05am On Dec 04, 2016
Gazzuz please do you know the price of a compressor of a Mitsubishi outlander 2005 model?

Can u source for me?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:11am On Dec 04, 2016
gidigbi:
Oga Gazzuzz please help out.

My honda accord 2008 AC was not chilling but blows cool air.

I took it for a check and "Segun" said I need to top the gas. This I did and the AC worked fine for about a week.

Now the AC just blows air while the cooling has greatly reduced.

Your expertise will be appreciated as I don't want "Segun" to be toying with AC.

Thank you Sir.

you have a leaking A.c system. Find the leak.

Note a vehicle can hold charge for over 7years without needing a refill.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:18am On Dec 04, 2016
DUNKA:
Gazzuz please do you know the price of a compressor of a Mitsubishi outlander 2005 model?

Can u source for me?

not at the moment sir.
Re: Closed by paul234(m): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2016
@GAZZUZZ
how much does an evaporator cost? car type is toyota corrola 05, besides do u av a recommend technician in ibadan?
Re: Closed by snipesdam(m): 3:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
@GAZZUZZ My Corolla AC works fine when in motion. But If i spent more than 5mins idle in traffic, it doesn't chill like normal when in motion. What could be the fault?

PS last month when my AC leaked, my AC guy this mantle the AC unit Evaporator, Compressor, Condenser etc and only found leak @the compressor hose. However i noticed my condenser fins (those thing metals absorbing the heat) are kinda rough very rough that they almost stick together, because am suspecting it. Whats your advice.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
snipesdam:
@GAZZUZZ My Corolla AC works fine when in motion. But If i spent more than 5mins idle in traffic, it doesn't chill like normal when in motion. What could be the fault?

PS last month when my AC leaked, my AC guy this mantle the AC unit Evaporator, Compressor, Condenser etc and only found leak @the compressor hose. However i noticed my condenser fins (those thing metals absorbing the heat) are kinda rough very rough that they almost stick together, because am suspecting it. Whats your advice.

Sounds like a defective compressor.
Re: Closed by snipesdam(m): 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Sounds like a defective compressor.

shocked shocked shocked Thats 25k oh I just priced that in ABA.

Thanks shaa
Re: Closed by mayor2013: 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
snipesdam:

shocked shocked shocked Thats 25k oh I just priced that in ABA.

Thanks shaa

Could also be a blocked condenser as well.
Re: Closed by VickyHills(f): 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
Good evening. My AC doesn't work at all. We tried refilling but still didn't work. The AC guy then said it's the coil that needs to be changed. How right is that?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
VickyHills:
Good evening. My AC doesn't work at all. We tried refilling but still didn't work. The AC guy then said it's the coil that needs to be changed. How right is that?

the coil is 12v powered, it can be tested directly to know if it is functional or not .
Re: Closed by paul234(m): 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
paul234:

how much does an evaporator cost? car type is toyota corrola 05, besides do u av a recommend technician in ibadan?
@GAZZUZZ, you seems not to av a reply to ds?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
paul234:

@GAZZUZZ, you seems not to av a reply to ds?

none at the moment sir.
Re: Closed by Ehido(m): 10:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hi Gazzuzz and all the experts in the house,

I use a 2005 toyota avensis, the ac works very well and cools well even in hot weather but anytime the compressor is working it makes a grinding noise. Should I be worried, is my compressor failing? other than this issue the ac is in good working condition.
Re: Closed by mayor2013: 11:22pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ehido:

I use a 2005 toyota avensis, the ac works very well and cools well even in hot weather but anytime the compressor is working it makes a grinding noise. Should I be worried, is my compressor failing? other than this issue the ac is in good working condition.

Sooner or later cry
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:58am On Dec 07, 2016
Ehido:

I use a 2005 toyota avensis, the ac works very well and cools well even in hot weather but anytime the compressor is working it makes a grinding noise . Should I be worried, is my compressor failing? other than this issue the ac is in good working condition.

unfortunately yes. Lack of lubrication, or high mileage. You could try checking if the compressor has oil in it.
Re: Closed by Ehido(m): 8:13am On Dec 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

unfortunately yes. Lack of lubrication, or high mileage. You could try checking if the compressor has oil in it.

Pls how can I check if it has oil in it.
Re: Closed by Ehido(m): 8:15am On Dec 07, 2016
What can I do to extend the life of the compressor?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:16am On Dec 07, 2016
Ehido:

Pls how can I check if it has oil in it.

evacuate refrigerant, remove compressor, and check. Lubricate with the right type of oil ND8 synthetic
Re: Closed by VickyHills(f): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

the coil is 12v powered, it can be tested directly to know if it is functional or not .
Sir, how can it be tested?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2016
VickyHills:
Sir, how can it be tested?

when you remove it from the vehicle, post the pic here and I will show you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (22) (Reply)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.