Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,103 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

Closed - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Closed (80264 Views)

5 Sounds That Signal Your Car Needs Auto Repairs Immediately / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers / Its A/C Season Again, Lets Share Problems And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Closed by benbertie: 8:16pm On Dec 26, 2016
URGENT REQUESTS -

1. A company urgently needs 2 cars for hire purchase. They want 2012 Cars upwards. Clean Nigerian Used or Clean Tokunbo.

2. Another Client wants a 2010 clean Nigerian used car for monthly rental at #100K per month.

Contact me for Enquiries:
+2348187290817
Email - sales@auctionbasic.com
Re: Closed by steveyen(m): 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2016
I discovered my AC is now blowing just hot air. The ac guy that wanted to work on it said no gas in the system.

I later bought gas and I took to another ac guy for recharging. The guy b4 starting the work said the compressor is not picking and that it will need rewire to make it pick up b4 recharging. He later did somethings around the compressor here under the bonnet before he start charging. But when he finished charging the ac was not working cooling well. Even when the ac control was set to 18 deg c the lowest no much cooling experience.

Wonder what went wrong. The car is a Maxima 04
Re: Closed by Chelseafan1: 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

description is vague. Start by replacing cabin filter.

U skipped my post sir
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

description is vague. Start by replacing cabin filter.

SAME ISSUE WITH MINE..PEOPLE AT THE BACK COMPLAIN ALOT THAT THE AC DOES NOT REACH THEM
2000 CAMRY
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:56am On Dec 28, 2016
Chelseafan1:

U skipped my post sir

re-post sir.
Re: Closed by Chelseafan1: 7:58am On Dec 28, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Weldone sir, messaged you on WhatsApp yesterday, I ll do anything to make my car AC work fine even if I have to refill every 3 months, its still OK by me.
I have spent too much nd its beginning to affect my savings, im sad and confused, if I have the cash, I'll dump this golf 4 nd get a new car, my AC is the only problem, it chills very well wen I refill nd I just love d car and cruise around but after a week or 2 weeks max, it starts blowing hot air, I have changed hose, did so many tins, still same problem, recently, the compressor started giving one funny, annoying noise when its engaged, one AC guy told me Drier needs to be replaced, expansion valve too nd den I took it to anoda one, he said my compressor is gone, I need a replacement, I am ready to buy anything to make this thing serve me well, I hate dust and heat, but I don't trust these guys in Ife, I just want u to help me out. I am frustrated, dere was a day my car almost caught fire cos of bad wiring, the small fan I installed b4 gets stucked at tyms, I had to get a new one dt now runs well.
There is gas in it now but its not even cooling again nd d compressor still rolls but give ds annoying noise, I get forced most tyms to switch it off.

Oya GAZZUZZ, here sir.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:08am On Dec 28, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Weldone sir, messaged you on WhatsApp yesterday, I ll do anything to make my car AC work fine even if I have to refill every 3 months, its still OK by me.
I have spent too much nd its beginning to affect my savings, im sad and confused, if I have the cash, I'll dump this golf 4 nd get a new car, my AC is the only problem, it chills very well wen I refill nd I just love d car and cruise around but after a week or 2 weeks max, it starts blowing hot air, I have changed hose, did so many tins, still same problem, recently, the compressor started giving one funny, annoying noise when its engaged, one AC guy told me Drier needs to be replaced, expansion valve too nd den I took it to anoda one, he said my compressor is gone, I need a replacement, I am ready to buy anything to make this thing serve me well, I hate dust and heat, but I don't trust these guys in Ife, I just want u to help me out. I am frustrated, dere was a day my car almost caught fire cos of bad wiring, the small fan I installed b4 gets stucked at tyms, I had to get a new one dt now runs well.
There is gas in it now but its not even cooling again nd d compressor still rolls but give ds annoying noise, I get forced most tyms to switch it off.

Replace expansion valve, condenser/drier, compressor. Flush system. Ensure all these are done by a professional.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:27am On Dec 28, 2016
emmaak2:

SAME ISSUE WITH MINE..PEOPLE AT THE BACK COMPLAIN ALOT THAT THE AC DOES NOT REACH THEM
2000 CAMRY

The camry 2000 does not come with a cabin filter.
Re: Closed by emmaak2(m): 9:19am On Dec 28, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

The camry 2000 does not come with a cabin filter.

so no where chill air from the ac can circulate at the back
Re: Closed by steveyen(m): 9:32am On Dec 28, 2016
steveyen:
I discovered my AC is now blowing just hot air. The ac guy that wanted to work on it said no gas in the system.

I later bought gas and I took to another ac guy for recharging. The guy b4 starting the work said the compressor is not picking and that it will need rewire to make it pick up b4 recharging. He later did somethings around the compressor here under the bonnet before he start charging. But when he finished charging the ac was not working cooling well. Even when the ac control was set to 18 deg c the lowest no much cooling experience.

Wonder what went wrong. The car is a Maxima 04

Oga Gazzuz any hint on this ?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01am On Dec 28, 2016
emmaak2:

so no where chill air from the ac can circulate at the back

Hope your vents are pointing in the right direction?
Re: Closed by Chelseafan1: 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Replace expansion valve, condenser/drier, compressor. Flush system. Ensure all these are done by a professional.

Can you recommend anyone in Ife, Ibadan or environ please.
How much should I budget for these, rough estimate.
Tnx
Re: Closed by EllisAde: 7:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
My ac hardly get cold these days even now that the westher is clement. They have asked me to refill but i dont want to take chances. Pls i need your professional touch. I use a corolla and reside in mushin, lagos.
Re: Closed by pekk: 8:19pm On Jan 18, 2017
Bros Gazz,
My AC tires me,initially D guy said no gas, we filled, it lasted 2weeks. Now he said bad drier again.
A pipe sweats in D engine while D car is hot. Is true its drier? And how do I enjoy it again
Thks
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:20am On Jan 19, 2017
EllisAde:
My ac hardly get cold these days even now that the westher is clement. They have asked me to refill but i dont want to take chances. Pls i need your professional touch. I use a corolla and reside in mushin, lagos.

pekk:
Bros Gazz,
My AC tires me,initially D guy said no gas, we filled, it lasted 2weeks. Now he said bad drier again.
A pipe sweats in D engine while D car is hot. Is true its drier? And how do I enjoy it again
Thks

leaks are very evident in both queries, they are easy to to spot using proper equipment.

UV dye: this is a leak detection method that involves the use of a dye that glows under UV light.
Electronic sniffers: this equipment beeps when it detects refrigerant leaks, it has almost same principle with the metal detector.

Sectional Vacuuming: Vacuuming the system, and blocking off certain parts a bit at a time, can help rule out leaks it is a very efficient method.

Oil stains: Oil stains on joints and faulty parts, are a tell tale sign of refrigerant leaks. But not very efficient, as there can be Leaks without oil stains

Detergent bubbles: the application of bubbles over leaking pipes and joints will cause the bubbles to become larger or detergent to cause bubbles, thereby revealing leaks. Not a very efficient method because parts like the compressor shaft seal and other hidden parts cannot be tested with this method.

Re: Closed by pekk: 10:42am On Jan 19, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

leaks are very evident in both queries, they are easy to to spot using proper equipment.

UV dye: this is a leak detection method that involves the use of a dye that glows under UV light.
Electronic sniffers: this equipment beeps when it detects refrigerant leaks, it has almost same principle with the metal detector.

Sectional Vacuuming: Vacuuming the system, and blocking off certain parts a bit at a time, can help rule out leaks it is a very efficient method.

Oil stains: Oil stains on joints and faulty parts, are a tell tale sign of refrigerant leaks. But not very efficient, as there can be Leaks without oil stains

Detergent bubbles: the application of bubbles over leaking pipes and joints will cause the bubbles to become larger or detergent to cause bubbles, thereby revealing leaks. Not a very efficient method because parts like the compressor shaft seal and other hidden parts cannot be tested with this method.

Ok.thanks. but is there a way I can check if D drier is ok, while I ask D guy to check for leakages.
All the same thanks again
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2017
pekk:

Ok.thanks. but is there a way I can check if D drier is ok, while I ask D guy to check for leakages.
All the same thanks again

Use the UV dye method, leaks will be evident in the drain hose at the base of the car, and when checked from under the dashboard using Ultraviolet light.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 1:09am On Feb 06, 2017
Please I need help, my camry 2007 le compressor stopped working last month and decided to change it after couple of days when I couldnt deal either the heat around anymore.

When I finally met with the guy I insisted on automatic compressor and he said no I should opt for manual compressor after going different places and hearing the same i finally settled for the manual because I couldn't afford to buy automatic for 85k (which by the way is how much it costs now at least in Ondo state) and then it get spoilt in a month or 2...wish i wasn't away from Lag at the moment...

Now it's been almost 2 weeks since it was fixed and my car is rmp drops WAY below normal and sometimes it drops to a point where all electrical system restart even the dashboard lights, and the car vibrate like crazy, it has bad engine mount that I have been planning on changing before now, so you all can imagine how bad the vibration will be... this is scary for me and I don't turn on the a/c anymore...

I just want to return the manual compressor and get am automatic and pray it don't end up faulty... the thing is I was told there is no where I can get a good guaranteed automatic compressor, which is why they all keep recommending manual...

Now my question is anyone with success on getting a new automatic compressor that works just fine? Please I need help! I am tired of the car already with the crazy vibration

PLEASE HELP!!!
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:29am On Feb 06, 2017
teesoft02:
Please I need help, my camry 2007 le compressor stopped working last month and decided to change it after couple of days when I couldnt deal either the heat around anymore.

When I finally met with the guy I insisted on automatic compressor and he said no I should opt for manual compressor after going different places and hearing the same i finally settled for the manual because I couldn't afford to buy automatic for 85k (which by the way is how much it costs now at least in Ondo state) and then it get spoilt in a month or 2...wish i wasn't away from Lag at the moment...

Now it's been almost 2 weeks since it was fixed and my car is rmp drops WAY below normal and sometimes it drops to a point where all electrical system restart even the dashboard lights, and the car vibrate like crazy, it has bad engine mount that I have been planning on changing before now, so you all can imagine how bad the vibration will be... this is scary for me and I don't turn on the a/c anymore...

I just want to return the manual compressor and get am automatic and pray it don't end up faulty... the thing is I was told there is no where I can get a good guaranteed automatic compressor, which is why they all keep recommending manual...

Now my question is anyone with success on getting a new automatic compressor that works just fine? Please I need help! I am tired of the car already with the crazy vibration

PLEASE HELP!!!

If it is not a brand new automatic compressor, please avoid it. There are unconventional ways of keeping the idle steady when the a.c is on.

1 Like

Re: Closed by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 06, 2017
Please GAZZUZZ where can I get a trusted brand new automatic compressor?
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:06am On Feb 06, 2017
teesoft02:
Please GAZZUZZ where can I get a trusted brand new automatic compressor?

toyota part dealers budget 150-170k you will also have to replace condenser with OEM denso parts, budget 60k.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2017
Wow that's a lot of money to spend on just A/c especially on a car that I will eventually sell and upgrade in another month or 2.... PLEASE what are the unconventional ways of keeping the idle steady when the a.c is on
Re: Closed by Slickchuma1: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2017
Hi Gazzuz. Thanks for this thread.

I recently got a 2010 toyota Corolla (Sport Version) just last year. the ac has been working perfectly until recently. once i put on the ac, it cools perfectly for like a minute and suddenly stops working until i increase my speed or rev the engine. at holdups it does not work at all. I have refilled the gas on several occasions but the problem still persists. What could be the cause? i contacted my kazeem and he said it could be the thermostat or the compressor. Kindly help
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:49pm On Feb 06, 2017
teesoft02:
Wow that's a lot of money to spend on just A/c especially on a car that I will eventually sell and upgrade in another month or 2.... PLEASE what are the unconventional ways of keeping the idle steady when the a.c is on

I will teach you. Meet me outside. 08033910382
Re: Closed by Nobody: 9:44am On Feb 14, 2017
hi Gazzuz, thanks for the amazing work.

please my ac only cools when the accelerator is depressed. but when idle or in traffic, it doesnt really cool. please what can be the problem.
Re: Closed by SonofHim: 7:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hi Gazzuzz. My mechanic advised me to use a new Peugeot a/c compressor to replace my bad a/c compressor (highlander 2001). His reason is that the its more reliable than the highlander's compressor in the market. Pls what's your take. Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
SonofHim:
Hi Gazzuzz. My mechanic advised me to use a new Peugeot a/c compressor to replace my bad a/c compressor (highlander 2001). His reason is that the its more reliable than the highlander's compressor in the market. Pls what's your take. Thanks for your prompt response.

The 01 highlander is same compressor till 05. The compressor is available in the market, please Use same part replaced, do not modify.
Re: Closed by SonofHim: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

The 01 highlander is same compressor till 05. The compressor is available in the market, please Use same part replaced, do not modify.

Noted! Thanks for taking out time to provide these info. They mean so much to us.

Garcias.
Re: Closed by austin4real(m): 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hi. Gazzuzz, I took my niss primera P11-144 to an ac technician recently who diagnozed that my ac compressor is running on low pump, hence the compressor and drier has to be replaced. He told me the compressor that came with the vehicle is automatic and advised I changed to manual type which he said lasts longer and is much colder. Please I wanna ask how true this claim is and is there anything like manual compressor...
Re: Closed by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2017
austin4real:
Hi. Gazzuzz, I took my niss primera P11-144 to an ac technician recently who diagnozed that my ac compressor is running on low pump, hence the compressor and drier has to be replaced. He told me the compressor that came with the vehicle is automatic and advised I changed to manual type which he said lasts longer and is much colder. Please I wanna ask how true this claim is and is there anything like manual compressor...

Most technicians are scared to install a used variable displacement compressor. If the original compressor is available as toks feel free to buy it.

But before you do ensure you have the right diagnosis done.
Re: Closed by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 16, 2017
flyboi1:
hi Gazzuz, thanks for the amazing work.

please my ac only cools when the accelerator is depressed. but when idle or in traffic, it doesnt really cool. please what can be the problem.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

Weird Toyota Camry Spotted In Edo State (Photos) / Innoson Not Using Farouq Osuolale's New Logo Now. Gives Reasons / Has Any One Ever Purchased A Vehicle From Owode Market? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.