Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know (7747 Views)

Adejoh Akowe Escapes Assassination Attempt By Gunmen In Kogi State. Photos / Thugs Attack Kogi State House Of Assembly (PHOTOS + Full Details) / 25 Interesting Facts About Nigeria And Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 3:53pm On Aug 25, 2016
Similar threads have been created in respect to revealing the true history, political significance and people of many states in the southern part of Nigeria.

So i think it'd be best suitable to also take this to the northern and middlebelt states of Nigeria, so that the significance of all parts of Nigeria can be well appreciated, i begin with Kogi state.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2016
KOGI STATE : 10 INTERESTING FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW.

Kogi, one of the 36 states in Nigeria located in the North-central geopolitcal zone in the middlebelt (central) region of the country.
The state occupies a total landmass of 29,833 km2 (11,519 sq mi) and was created in the year 1991 from old Kwara and Benue states.

Here are some factors that make this state quite unique amongst other states in Nigeria.

1) THE NAME NIGERIA - Many people do not actually know that the name of our dear country Nigeria was coined in Lokoja, the kogi state capital by Flora Shaw, the British journalist who later became the wife of Lord Lugard (first governor general of Nigeria), when she was gazing at the magnificence of the greatest river in Nigeria, the river Niger.

2) THE JUNCTION STATE - The nickname of Kogi state should have been called the 'junction state' because this state connects/has a boundary with the highest number of states in Nigeria.
10 states Anambra, Enugu, Benue, Nasarawa, Niger, Kwara, Ekiti, Ondo, Edo states and the FCT are all joined together by this great state.
I think the federal capital territory would have been best situated in this state for complete centralization and unification. Nonetheless the FCT is just a stone throw away from Kogi and infact part of Kogi state was also carved to form the FCT.

3) CONFLUENCY - Kogi state is so significant because this state houses a very remarkable handwork of mother nature -The confluence of the two greatest rivers that run across Nigeria, the river Niger and river Benue in the city of Lokoja.
Anyone who has travelled through Lokoja and has seen the captivating scenery of this confluence would agree with me that it is indeed a spectacular sight.

4) AJAOKUTA STEEL & IRON INDUSTRY - The multi-billion dollars steel & iron industry, the largest of it's kind in Nigeria was established in 1971 on a 24,000 hectare land. This mighty industry has unfortunately been left moribund for a long period of time, but recently over the years, concerted efforts has been made by the Nigerian government to ensure its full capacity functioning.
This industry is viewed as a potential bedrock for the industrialization of Nigeria.

5) FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE - Infact this city called Lokoja is just so important in Nigerian history and it is really terrible to think how much it has been neglected over the decades by past and present administrations in Nigeria.
Lokoja was the first administrative centre of Nigeria because it was the first settlement of the british in Nigeria. It served as the first capital of the old northern protectorate and even after amalgamation of the northern and southern prectorates it also remained the admininstrative centre for a while.

Photos
1, Kogi and it's boundary states
2, The great confluence
3 Ajaokuta steel industry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 3:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
6) ETHNO- RELIGIOUS DIVERSITY AND MELTING POINT - Kogi state is one state in Nigeria which can really be classified as truly diverse and the same time unifying. The state comprises mainly of 3 ethnic groups which are the Igalas, the Igbirras and the yoruba speaking Okun people, together with other minority groups like Ogori magongo, Gwari, Agatu/idoma and nupe speaking tribes, Bassa, Kakanda and Kupa.

Kogi state is one state that it is extremely difficult to determine between muslims and christians who is more in population. Take for instance the Okun people in the state are predominantly christians, the Egbirra people are predominantly muslims while the Igalas, the largest tribe in the state are somewhat 50/50.
Among the minority groups, the Ogori magongo and the Bassas are dominantly christians, the Kakanda and Kupa are dominantly muslims while the Agatu and Gwari are somewhat 50/50.

Kogi state is the only state in Nigeria which shows true WAZOBIA influences of the 3 major groups of Nigeria, Hausa, yoruba and Igbo (owing to it's location).

Firstly, One of the major groups in Kogi state is yoruba speaking (Okun) with yoruba origins from Ile-ife.

Secondly, you almost cannot seperate Igala and Igbo history apart (especially the southern part of Igala). Some say according to history Igala and Igbo have the same father, some say one of the tribes begat the other. Nevertheless the cultural diffusion and oneness of the igalas and igbos can be seen through their days of the week, names, language vocabulary similarities, masquerades, intermixed communities e.t.c. There are many igala communities with Igbo origins and vice versa in igbo land, and in some places on both sides, the natives are fully billingual, giving rise to some igbo speaking igalas in Kogi state and vice versa on the other side.

Lastly, the ethnicity of the King (Maigari) and ruling families of Lokoja is one that can hardly be ascertained and this is because of over a hundred years mixing of hausa-fulanis and the aboriginal Nupes in Lokoja. Many of the Nupes in Lokoja are of hausa origin and till date many speak hausa and even identify as hausa. This was clearly what influenced the name of the state KOGI which means 'river' in hausa language.

7) GREAT IGALA KINGDOM - Kogi state is home to one of the great kingdoms that existed in pre-colonial Nigeria.
The kingdom was founded in the 7th century by Abutu-eje and lasted until the late 19th century when it was subjugated by the colonialists. It would take another full thread or series of threads to fully explain the great influence, spread, wars, descendants and sacredness of this great kingdom in details.

8 ... IGALAS OF YORUBA HAUSA AND IGBO ORIGINS - Many igalas themselves probably do not know that their ethnic group is very unique in the sense that it is the only minority tribe in Nigeria which has clear influences and people of (Wazobia) yoruba, hausa and igbo origins.

For the igbo influences, In the 6th point i highlighted a little about the interesting igala/igbo relationship. Both groups share a great deal of boundary , culture and history together and have been heavily inter-mixed for over centuries now.

For the yoruba Influences, Igala language is basically classified as a yoruboid language, due to it's linguistic structure which is basically yoruba. Yorubas and Igalas have been neighbours for hundreds of years before the Egbirras migrated from Kwararafa kingdom, settled in between and cut off igalas from yoruba groups. A yoruba speaker who understands various yoruba dialects will be very much likely to understand igala language to a good extent.
Also, according to igala oral history, igalas agree with the Benins that Oduduwa migrated from Benin to yoruba land but passed through igala land where he formed a chiefdom Ife (a town and chiefdom in Igala land till date) before further migrating to Ile-ife in yoruba land and that this is why yoruba and igala languages are so similar. There is a title in Igala land known as the Ojogba of Ife and this is the only king that cannot bow to the great Attah of Igala land till date.

For the hausa influence, Ankpa, the most populated LGA in igala land (2006 census) has communities that clearly acknowledge their hausa-fulani ancestry e.g Angwa town, who are descendants of hausa traders who came to trade with igalas centuries ago and were later on igalanized. This is believed to be the window of islam into igala land. This is quite evident with the fact that Ankpa has the strongest islamic populations in Igala land.

9) VERY RICH CULTURE - I honestly believe that in the north-central geopolitical zone, the people of Kogi state arguably have the richest and most undiluted culture, due to their cultural history, migrations, historical relationship with all the 3 major tribes of Nigeria and even other great kingdoms like the Benin kingdom. Kogi state masquerades, cultural dances, attires, traditional music e.t.c are really wonderful.
Despite being in the north with a large muslim population, there is no single islamic emirate in Kogi state. The Attah of Igala is said to be one of the northern kings who can never bow, stand up or show respect to the Sultan of Sokoto. Kogi state arguably has the largest population of traditionalists in the North-central zone (due to the power of their culture).

Photos
1, Great Attah of Igala land
2, Egbirra women in traditional attire
3, Okun traditional dancers
4, Igala masquerade

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 4:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
10) Kogi state is also well known for its tourist attractions, some of which are:

The late Ohinoyi of Egbirra palace, an ancient and modern architectural wonder.

The Inikpi statue built in memory of Inikpi, the daughter of the first Attah of Igala kingdom who was buried alive on the instruction of the Oracle to restore peace and freedom in the land.

Iron of Liberty which marks the spot where slaves that were rescued from slave traders were set free.

The confluence of River Niger and River Benue.

Osome Falls located in Ukpogo. Osome is a stream that makes its way through rocks of different heights before sharply descending in a valley about 50 metres below. The sound the water makes when it hits the ground below can be heard from about 100 meters away.

Mount Patti, Lokoja which is a massive hill towering Lokoja. The Confluence point of Rivers Niger and Benue can be seen from the flat top.

Holy Trinity school Lokoja. This school was established in 1860 by Bishop Ajayi Crowther. It is the first primary school in Northern Nigeria.

Awo tunnel, a former refuge for the royal family in times of war dug during the reign of Onoja Obari. It is about 1 kilometer long.

Lord Luggard’s first residence and office in Nigeria.

European colonial cemeteries.

World war cenotaph

Agbaja plateau.

Eganja warm spring

Royal Niger company flag e.t.c.

Photos
1 & 2 Ohinoyi of Ebira palace
3, Inikpi statue
4, Lugard guest house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
I am not claiming to be a superior fountain of knowledge of any of these facts. Just an average everyday Nigerian from the North-central (middlebelt region) of the country willing to showcase some facts about the northern region and her individual states.
I welcome corrections from the facts listed above if any.

Here are some references for those who want to go further in the historical facts of this piece.

http://www.worldhistory.biz/sundries/48038-igbo-and-igala.

http://edonationsatelite..com.ng/2016/07/igalayoruba-relationship-oduduwa.html?m=1

http://www.ebiravabe.com/2016/02/who-are-indigenes-of-okene-anokene-fact.html?m=1

https://profcollinson./2013/03/12/the-history-of-igala-kindom/

http://connectnigeria.com/articles/2015/04/7-interesting-facts-about-the-igalas-you-should-know/

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nice job @Op, God will bless you for coming up with this thread.

Proudly Kogite!

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 4:08pm On Aug 25, 2016
Cc: lalasticla, Mynd44, OAM4J
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 4:09pm On Aug 25, 2016
Pls Kogi state indigenes should help us with a comprehensive list of influential achievers from their state cos i only know of those in the entertainment industry and politics e.g

Halima Abubakar - Nollywood actress
Ufedo Sunshine - Nollywood actress
Mercy Ozioma Johnson- Okojie - Nollywood actress
Esther Ene Audu - Nollywood actress
Rahama Hassan - Kannywood actress
Gbenro Ajibade - Nollywood actor
Darey Art Alade - Nigerian musician
Praiz (Praise Ugbede Adejo) - Nigerian musician

Dr Salamat Ahuoiza Aliu - First female Nigerian trained Neurosurgeon

Adamu Atta - First civillian governor of Old Kwara state
Abubakar Audu - First civillian governor of Kogi state

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by mandarin: 4:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
The Ogori Magongo people claim Ile Ife as descendants of Oduduwa. You can check their history out.
The Igala language is extensively close to YORUBA so so close and even more intelligible to other Yoruba tribes than even Akoko or Akoko Edo. These people I believe are distinct kinsmen of the Yoruba.
There are different clans of Ebira some of which have been Yorubanized, it all depends on where you are looking at, that is one of the funniest ethnic group in terms of fusion in Nigeria.
Very great work@op except for the Ogori Magongo error and fusing Igala and Igbo history. I think the only convergence, which of course is very important is the Umuleri Aguleri clan of the IGBO WHICH MAY HAVE HAD THEIR ROOTS IN IGALA.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Marcelini(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Very great work@op except for the Ogori Magongo error and fusing Igala and Igbo history. I think the only convergence, which of course is very important is the Umuleri Aguleri clan of the IGBO WHICH MAY HAVE HAD THEIR ROOTS IN IGALA.

Speak about your Yoruba group and leave Ndiigbo alone.

The relationship between Ndiigbo ans Igala, goes beyond Agulueri and Umuleri clans.

It stretches from Anioma clans to Ogbaru clans, to Nsukka clans and even run as deep as interior Igboland.

I hate it when peeps mischievously dabble into things they know little about.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nowenuse:
Pls Kogi state indigenes should help us with a comprehensive list of influential achievers from their state cos i only know of those in the entertainment industry and politics e.g

Halima Abubakar - Nollywood actress
Ufedo Sunshine - Nollywood actress
Mercy Ozioma Johnson- Okojie - Nollywood actress
Esther Ene Audu - Nollywood actress
Rahama Hassan - Kannywood actress
Gbenro Ajibade - Nollywood actor
Darey Art Alade - Nigerian musician
Praiz (Praise Ugbede Adejo) - Nigerian musician

Dr Salamat Ahuoiza Aliu - First female Nigerian trained Neurosurgeon

Adamu Atta - First civillian governor of Old Kwara state
Abubakar Audu - First civillian governor of Kogi state

Important personalities from Kogi state also include;
1. Myself.... Guseh, Acidosis (Nairalander')

2. David Jemibewon ( former governor of old Oyo state and minister of police affair in 1999),

3. Tunde Ogheha (former Benue state minitary admi.),

4. Pastor Sam Adeyemi of day star.

5. Prof. Sam Ale (national mathematical centre)

6. Pro. Oyinbo (great physicist)

7. Austin Oniwon(former group managing director NNPC)

8.Tunde Ayeni( Ntel and former Skye bank MD)

9. Prof. Eyitayo lambo( former Health minister)

10. Kola Jamodu (former minister for industry)

11. Bayo Ojo( Former NBA president plus Attorney -General and Minister of Justice)

12. Jaywon, Y-Q, TUNDE EDNUT, Wizzy Pro beats, Lola Alao, SLEEK, father U-turn( artist'/celeb)

13. Smart Adeyemi (former NUJ president)

14. Muhammed Adoke (former Attorney -General and Minister of Justice)

15. Shola and Sammy Ameobi, Juwon Oshaniwa, Gbenga Arokoyo( footballers)

The list is endless, you can add yours.

List of natural resources in Kogi State.: 1. Coal 2. Dolomite 3. Feldspar 4. Bauxite 5. Iron Ore 6. Tar 7. Limestone 8. Gold 9. Petroleum 10. Tin etc

List of Local Government Area In Kogi: 1. Adavi 2. Ajaokuta 3. Ankpa 4. Bassa 5. Dekina 6. Ibaji 7. Idah 8. Igalamela-Odolu 9. Ijumu 10. Kabba/Bunu 11. Kogi 12. Lokoja 13. Mopa-Muro 14. Ofu 15. Ogori/Mangongo 16. Okehi 17. Okene 18. Olamabolo 19. Omala 20. Yagba East 21. Yagba West.

list of higher institutions in Kogi state: 1. Kogi state university, ayangba 2. Federal university, lokoja 3. Federal polytechnic, idah 4. Kogi state polytechnic, lokoja 5. Federal college of education, okene 6. A.B.U. College of agriculture, kabba 6. Kogi state college of education technical, Kabba 7. Kogi state school of nursing, obangede 8. ECWA school of nursin, egbe 9. Salem university, lokoja 10. Health tech, idah etc

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by mandarin: 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2016
Marcelini:

Speak about your Yoruba group and leave Ndiigbo alone.

The relationship between Ndiigbo ans Igala, goes beyond Agulueri and Umuleri clans.

It stretches from Anioma clans to Ogbaru clans, to Nsukka clans and even run as deep as interior Igboland.

I hate it when peeps mischievously dabble into things they know little about.

Please educate me and kindly show some politeness. If you are a student, I can learn from you but if to the contrary, I may be your teacher in the University you know.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Noneroone(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
mandarin:
[s]The Ogori Magongo people claim Ile Ife as descendants of Oduduwa. You can check their history out.
The Igala language is extensively close to YORUBA so so close and even more intelligible to other Yoruba tribes than even Akoko or Akoko Edo. These people I believe are distinct kinsmen of the Yoruba.
There are different clans of Ebira some of which have been Yorubanized, it all depends on where you are looking at, that is one of the funniest ethnic group in terms of fusion in Nigeria.
Very great work@op except for the Ogori Magongo error and fusing Igala and Igbo history. I think the only convergence, which of course is very important is the Umuleri Aguleri clan of the IGBO WHICH MAY HAVE HAD THEIR ROOTS IN IGALA. [/s]
traditional yoruba territory starts from ogun and ends in ondo. Lagos is no mans land and ilorin belong to fulani.
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by JBismarck(m): 5:44pm On Aug 25, 2016
Logically, it is not possible to have carved parts of Kogi State into FCT when the former was created in 1991 while the latter came into existence in 1990. Apart from this, I think you did a great work and I even learnt new thing today. The Egbiras are of Kwararafa origin. Interesting, I will read up on that. Thanks so much.
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by digoster(m): 5:48pm On Aug 25, 2016
Who else came here to read about yahaya bello's case?
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 6:57pm On Aug 25, 2016
JBismarck:
Logically, it is not possible to have carved parts of Kogi State into FCT when the former was created in 1991 while the latter came into existence in 1990. Apart from this, I think you did a great work and I even learnt new thing today. The Egbiras are of Kwararafa origin. Interesting, I will read up on that. Thanks so much.

F C T was carved out of the Kogi portion of old Kwara state (i forgot to add that). U welcome.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2016
mandarin:
The Ogori Magongo people claim Ile Ife as descendants of Oduduwa. You can check their history out.

Yes, u are very correct about Ogori magongo people, they have yoruba (ile ife) origins, but their language has really changed over the years, their language is not mutually intelligible to yoruba anymore, not at all. Only that most of them speak yoruba as a second everyday language.
As for the yorubanized egbirras, these are the ebira oloko who migrated yoruba land and are gradually becoming absorbed, many of them still speak their language though.

I am not fusing igala and igbo history. Historical facts and evidence have proved that igalas related with igbos in history more and even till date and this should be probably because egbirras migrated from kwararafa hundreds of years ago and completely cut off igalas from yoruba contact, if not i think igalas were closer to yorubas earlier.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
Noneroone:
traditional yoruba territory starts from ogun and ends in ondo. Lagos is no mans land and ilorin belong to fulani.

What is this one saying?? better get out of this place and face your Gala biz for that high-way.

4 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by babyfaceafrica: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2016
Tribal bigots will spoil this thread ..yeye
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by jamace(m): 9:25pm On Aug 25, 2016
OP, well done. Very good effort.

Please, those who intend to add more facts to what OP has done should do so with courtesy and good intention.

Welcome to Kogi state .

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2016
digoster:
Who else came here to read about yahaya bello's case?

What connection does Bello has with interesting fact about kogi state? Oh, being a supplementary Gov. Is a fact though.

Mynd44 and Lalasticlala come and see FP material.
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 9:55am On Aug 26, 2016
Guseh:

Important personalities for Kogi state also include;
1. Myself.... Guseh, Acidosis (Nairalander')

2. David Jemibewon ( former governor of old Oyo state and minister of police affair in 1999),

3. Tunde Ogheha (former Benue state minitary admi.), Pastor Sam Adeyemi of day star.

6. Prof. Sam Ale (national mathematical centre)

7. Pro. Oyinbo (great physicist)

8. Austin Oniwon(former group managing director NNPC)

9.Tunde Ayeni( Ntel and former Skye bank MD)

10. Prof. Eyitayo lambo( former Health minister)

11. kola jamodu (former minister for industry)

12. Bayo Ojo( former Attorney -General and Minister of Justice)

13. Jaywon, Y-Q, TUNDE EDNUT, Wizzy Pro beats, Lola Alao, SLEEK, father U-turn( artist'/celeb)

14. Smart Adeyemi (former NUJ president)

15. Muhamed Ado (former Attorney -General and Minister of Justice)

16. Shola and Sammy Ameobi, Juwon Oshaniwa, Gbenga Arokoyo( footballers)

The list is endless, you can add yours.

List of natural resources in Kogi State.: 1. Coal 2. Dolomite 3. Feldspar 4. Bauxite 5. Iron Ore 6. Tar 7. Limestone 8. Gold 9. Petroleum 10. Tin etc

List of Local Government Area In Kogi: 1. Adavi 2. Ajaokuta 3. Ankpa 4. Bassa 5. Dekina 6. Ibaji 7. Idah 8. Igalamela-Odolu 9. Ijumu 10. Kabba/Bunu 11. Kogi 12. Lokoja 13. Mopa-Muro 14. Ofu 15. Ogori/Mangongo 16. Okehi 17. Okene 18. Olamabolo 19. Omala 20. Yagba East 21. Yagba West.

list of higher institutions in Kogi state: 1. Kogi state university, ayangba 2. Federal university, lokoja 3. Federal polytechnic, idah 4. Kogi state polytechnic, lokoja 5. Federal college of education, okene 6. A.B.U. College of agriculture, kabba 6. Kogi state college of education technical, Kabba 7. Kogi state school of nursing, obangede 8. ECWA school of nursin, egbe 9. Salem university, lokoja 10. Health tech, idah etc

Wow, great list.
LoL @ the number one

The numb 2 and 3 are u really sure they are from Kogi? Does David Jemibewon really identify as an Okun kogite or as an Oyo man?

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 26, 2016
Nowenuse:

Wow, great list.
LoL @ the number one

The numb 2 and 3 are u really sure they are from Kogi? Does David Jemibewon really identify as an Okun kogite or as an Oyo man?

Yes, they from the western part of kogi state. Jemibewon is from Iyah-Gbede and he is a proud Okun-Yoruba man while Ogbeha is from Koton-kafi and has represented Kogi west in the senate for good two term'.
From your question, i trust you are not from kogi state?

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nowenuse: 3:37pm On Aug 26, 2016
Guseh:

Yes, they from the western part of kogi state. Jemibewon is from Iyah-Gbede and he is a proud Okun-Yoruba man while Ogbeha is from Koton-kafi and has represented Kogi west in the senate for good two term'.
From your question, i trust you are not from kogi state?

That's interesting to know. No am not from Kogi, am from Plateau

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Acidosis(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
See my people grin

Guseh, I see you there sir
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 6:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
kogi state is uselessly large with nothing to show for it
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
Nowenuse:

That's interesting to know. No am not from Kogi, am from Plateau
That is good to know, how is plateau treating you? You have done a good job with this thread.

1 Like

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
Acidosis:
See my people grin

Guseh, I see you there sir
cheesy
Brother mi, i greet you oo. Okun sir!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 26, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:
kogi state is uselessly large with nothing to show for it

Same with your state(Enugu state). Haters that does not see' anything good around them even with this good thread you are still on hateful mode.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by babyfaceafrica: 8:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
E rokun o
Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Femich18(m): 9:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
Kogi is truly diverse I must confess... served there but its a dry land I must confess..one of the poorest state in Nigeria despite their huge potentials to be the greatest after Lagos State.
I was opportuned to move throughout the state from Ogori Mangongo to Okene to Ijumu to Kabba to Lokoja to Kupa South to Ajaokuta to Ofu to Dekina to Ayingba also in Dekina, to Bassa even to Koton Karfe.
The people are very loving (even the Ebira but their stubborness no be here o)...Kogi should have even be the Capital of Nigeria cos they are at the centre of the country and share boundaries with 10 States.
In terms of natural resources they are damn rich..Infact they are bless but the exploitation of the resources is nothing to write home about.
Lokoja,the confluence city as they call is one of the hottest city in North Central, even Ganaja in Lokoja a city sharing boundary with the river is very hot. Can never forget Confluence hotel where we do hangout those days...
Kogi state!!! You will be great very soon!!!

2 Likes

Re: Kogi State : 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
Femich18:
Kogi is truly diverse I must confess... served there but its a dry land I must confess..one of the poorest state in Nigeria despite their huge potentials to be the greatest after Lagos State.
I was opportuned to move throughout the state from Ogori Mangongo to Okene to Ijumu to Kabba to Lokoja to Kupa South to Ajaokuta to Ofu to Dekina to Ayingba also in Dekina, to Bassa even to Koton Karfe.
The people are very loving (even the Ebira but their stubborness no be here o)...Kogi should have even be the Capital of Nigeria cos they are at the centre of the country and share boundaries with 10 States.
In terms of natural resources they are damn rich..Infact they are bless but the exploitation of the resources is nothing to write home about.
Lokoja,the confluence city as they call is one of the hottest city in North Central, even Ganaja in Lokoja a city sharing boundary with the river is very hot. Can never forget Confluence hotel where we do hangout those days...
Kogi state!!! You will be great very soon!!!

Chai, you fully explored kogi state if actually you visited those places.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Despite Being Majority, Young Nigerians Excluded From Ministerial Positions / Owo Church Attack: Rotimi Amaechi Asks Security Agencies To Step Up Intelligence / The Heroes Of Biafra(part 1) Lt Col Rolf Steiner Of Biafra 4th Commando

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.