Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:20 AM

Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. (2160 Views)

Apostle Suleman To Dismiss Members Who Don't Believe In Him, Calls Them Demons / 'I Don't Believe In Hell Fire' / T.B. Joshua Speaks On Food Scarcity: "You Have Not Seen Anything Yet” (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by ValentineMary(m): 5:11pm On Aug 25, 2016
I guess Jesus was wrong again when he said happy are those who have not seen yet believe. On the contrary that's the saddest thing to do.

This is one of the backbone of the christian faith, believing without evidence. But how happy does it make you?
I recall growing up as a child. While in primary school the thought of hell tormented me and scared the sh*t out of me. It was terrifying to believe that I would roast forever in fire without end. Just think of it. What kind of conduct deserve such punishment in the christian faith? Let me list some.
1. Loving to watch epl more than wanting to go to church

2. Looking at a girl's ass when she passes by

3. Strongly wanting to buy a car because ur neighbour just bought one (which could lead to healthy competition)

4. Not going to church on Sunday

5. Not believing in Jesus.

But really does all this make someone merit eternal suffering

That's why I laughed at a guy who once told me that atheist don't have rest of mind. The truth is that I have never been more at rest since I embraced atheism. Finding out that the concept of hell is false is enough to give me a good rest of mind and push u to do good not because of an everlasting golden kingdom but rather because of sympathy for a fellow human creature.

Now u might wonder what's wrong with what Jesus said. Everything is wrong because it does not validate the belief instead it makes the belief look more ridiculous.

If I choose to find hapiness in what I have no proof of, then my hapiness has no bearing because I can believe anything and be happy with it. I can believe that my yam cooks itself at night to save me the stress of boiling it in the morning again. Surely believing that would make me happy but does reality really care about my feelings does reality make my innermost desire and joy come true simply because it makes me happy

But if I believe something with evidence, I would have true joy because my beliefs would be based on precision. eg I would know that my yam would not boil itself, so I would not be heart broken when I come in the morning and see the yam sitting on the floor. I would not be lazy to lay on the bed instead of cooking my yam myself.

Happy are those who have not seen thus do not believe.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 9:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
if you are really happy or have rest of mind, you wont vent your frustrations consistently on religious peeps on a religion section.

Try to really be happy with the decisions you've made about your life, life is short.

1 Like

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by An2elect2(f): 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
I didn't believe because of the limitations of my flesh but God gave poor me faith to believe few years ago.

Nothing has ever made me happier than this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Ranchhoddas: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2016
winner01:
if you are really happy or have rest of mind, you wont vent your frustrations consistently on religious peeps on a religion section.

Try to really be happy with the decisions you've made about your life, life is short.
Pot. Kettle. Black.

4 Likes

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Pot. Kettle. Black.
Isnt this a section were im meant to peacefully share my beliefs?
Is it bad if i choose to address invasions?

1 Like

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Ranchhoddas: 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
winner01:
No it isn't. But it is hypocritic to accuse people of the same you do everyday. Jesus dislikes hypocrites.

7 Likes

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 25, 2016
winner01:
I though christianity isn't a religion but a way of life...how come you act like the section is for you when Christianity isn't a religion??
or am I missing something here?? is it a religion now??

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by EyeHateGod: 1:09am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:

grin says the one that have over 140 topics attacking atheism

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 1:18am On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No it isn't. But it is hypocritic to accuse people of the same you do everyday. Jesus dislikes hypocrites.
I accuse them of invasion. Can they accuse me of the same? undecided

1 Like

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 1:33am On Aug 26, 2016
MrMarvelous:

I though christianity isn't a religion but a way of life...how come you act like the section is for you when Christianity isn't a religion??
or am I missing something here?? is it a religion now??
No sir, the section is not for me.
You wont see me on hindu or buddhist or other threads.
But is it bad if I address the intents of those who claim hatred for all religion christianity, and toil day and night to encourage people to lack what they lack?

Read up the first statement of the oP, you'll see why i prefer to open threads on atheism.
If they dont talk about atheism, who will undecided

And no, Christianity is not religion, its a walk with God. However, I hope im able in my spare time to neutralize the venom of frustrations injected into innocent visitors by exposing the embarrasing deficiency of atheism. Evangelism has its types too, dont forget.
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 1:34am On Aug 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

grin says the one that have over 140 topics attacking atheism
Relax, you'll loose count soon.
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by EyeHateGod: 1:37am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
Relax, you'll loose count soon.
if you are really happy or have rest of mind, you wont vent your frustrations consistently on Atheist.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 1:42am On Aug 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

if you are really happy or have rest of mind, you wont vent your frustrations consistently on Atheist.

If i was frustrated for instance, ill be on the sports section constantly telling sports lovers how much i hate sports, how much of a waste of time it is.

I'm happy, thats why im on this section to share my belief in God.
The picture below spells it out clearly.
If you can tell us what you are here to share, ill accept that you're not frustrated.

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by EyeHateGod: 1:48am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
If i was frustrated for instance, ill be on the sports section constantly telling sports lovers how much i hate sports, how much of a waste of time it is.

I'm happy, thats why im on this section to share my belief in God.
The picture below spells it out clearly.
If you can tell us what you are here to share, ill accept that you're not frustrated.
FSM but who would listen to me?

1 Like

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 1:51am On Aug 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

FSM but who would listen to me?
FSM!!
good!
Open your threads like otemanduno.
But you cant force people to listen.

Its good you're starting to see your logic.
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by EyeHateGod: 1:56am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
FSM!!
good!
Open your threads like otemanduno.
But you cant force people to listen.

Its good you're starting to see your logic.
Have U forgoton I preached FSM for U and U gave me SMH undecided

Back to back if I see Any post that says Atheist or anything related to it. I must surely be their wink

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 2:00am On Aug 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Have U forgoton I preached FSM for U and U gave me SMH undecided

Back to back if I see Any post that says Atheist or anything related to it. I must surely be their wink
Dont preach it for me.

Open your thread on it if you really believe in it, those who are interested will indicate.
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by EyeHateGod: 2:11am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
Dont preach it for me.

Open your thread on it if you really believe in it, those who are interested will indicate.
undecided so even Seun don't have the right to shear his lack of belief on his own forum cause of the mistake he made while creating this general religion Section?

Shear your belief or lack of belief in God or higher powers here cool
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Ranchhoddas: 8:12am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:
I accuse them of invasion. Can they accuse me of the same? undecided
Is this not an invasion?

1 Like

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 8:26am On Aug 26, 2016
EyeHateGod:

undecided so even Seun don't have the right to shear his lack of belief on his own forum cause of the mistake he made while creating this general religion Section?

Shear your belief or lack of belief in God or higher powers here cool
Hmmnn

You wanna share your lack of belief undecided
Interesting..

Just try to be happy bro, you got a short time to spend it fighting.
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by ichommy(m): 9:14am On Aug 26, 2016
ValentineMary, Nice post Sir;

The person that invented D hell theory really try.

I can remember vividly few years ago when Katty Perry said she didn't believe Hell or Heaven exist. I was shocked.

But, with rough, Clean research. I finally agreed.

If I look at a woman A$$, I qualify as a hell Candidate. Who will make Heaven then?

I can't appreciate what I see bah grin

We can't see any evidence for the big bang, yet we can collect evidence, such as the doppler effect on light and microwave background radiation, either of which we can't detect with the naked eye.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by ValentineMary(m): 9:24am On Aug 26, 2016
winner01:

And if u claim xtianity is a way of life and not a religion, then why attack atheist who have no religion u are the worst hypocrite. Am only frustrated when people send me constant whatsapp and facebook messages telling me I would burn in hell if I don't believe in their God. And when I try to have a logical discussion with them on the topic they dock by saying "My faith is personal". Then why push a personal faith in my face

Believe me am more than happy with my decision and I wish other religious sad people would come out of their fear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by ValentineMary(m): 9:30am On Aug 26, 2016
An2elect2:
I didn't believe because of the limitations of my flesh but God gave poor me faith to believe few years ago.

Nothing has ever made me happier than this

And I guess this faith God gave u came after ur parents tried to indoctrinte u, after ur pastors preached constantly and threatened u with hell, after u watched so many nollywood movies where people with faith always exceled (which in reality hardly happen). Why do I have this feeling that this faith is as a result of environment?
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by hahn(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2016
Jesus shouldn't be taken seriously. Aside from the fact that he never even existed, his alleged coming to earth was utterly useless.

Jesus is a poor representation of what an Almighty God should be like.

There are no literary works to his name, he didn't reveal any significant solution to any of mankind's problems like common malaria, is only known for unverifiable, and if I must add truly mediocre, "miracles", achieved no spectacular feat, was known by no one, no one sought his wisdom and he left earth worse than he met it.

It is safe to say that the Jesus project was another monumental failure by the incompetent and, thankfully, imaginary Jehovah/Yahweh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Oblitz(m): 10:19am On Aug 26, 2016
hahn:
Jesus shouldn't be taken seriously. Aside from the fact that he never even existed, his coming to earth was utterly useless.

Jesus is a poor representation of what an Almighty God should be like.

There are no literary works to his name, he didn't reveal any significant solution to any of mankind's problems like common malaria, is only known for unverifiable, and if I must add truly mediocre, "miracles", achieved no spectacular feat, was known by no one, no one sought his wisdom and he left earth worse than he met it.

It is safe to say that the Jesus project was another monumental failure by the incompetent and, thankfully, imaginary Jehovah/Yahweh

SEE BLASPHEMY! CHAI
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by donnffd(m): 10:43am On Aug 26, 2016
Nice post Valentinemary

The concept of hell is such a stupid and appalling one that i even got rid of the idea while i was still a christian long before i became an atheist.

Bring the worst dictator in all of human history, and i mean the worst, make your pick, hitler, genghis khan, Stalin, e.t.c and i still dont think that person deserves an ETERNITY in hell.

Like seriously, what would anyone do in less than 120years that would warrant them that can of torturing for all of ETERNITY...i am emphasizing ETERNITY, life withoud end, which kind of sick God would do something like that?, now talkless of trivia sin.

When i hear people say "Hell is real", i cringe and wonder where their sense of justice and morality went, not to talk of the question of "How do you know?"...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by winner01(m): 10:45am On Aug 26, 2016
hahn:
[size=14pt]Aside from the fact that he never even existed, his coming to earth was utterly useless. [/size]

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Seun(m): 11:20am On Aug 26, 2016
Yea, life as an atheist is very peaceful. You don't have to waste any time feeling guilty about things that are 100% natural and harmless. Religion makes people feel bad about those things in order to create a need for the "salvation" that religion offers. It's a scam, folks!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by An2elect2(f): 11:36am On Aug 26, 2016
ValentineMary:

And I guess this faith God gave u came after ur parents tried to indoctrinte u, after ur pastors preached constantly and threatened u with hell, after u watched so many nollywood movies where people with faith always exceled (which in reality hardly happen). Why do I have this feeling that this faith is as a result of environment?
Thank you but all the indoctrinations i got from my parents, my priests and some of the pastors i knew back then didn't give me faith. If my memory has not failed me, in short they all made me very sceptical and pushed me away from God the more.

The preachers of hell only made my heart beat faster than normal and made me fear for my life, but that still didn't give me faith.

I hated all the prosperity wealth and health preachers that i couldn't bear to give them audience. Even when i did not know God, i knew they were wrong just by common sense.

But God gave me faith one night in a place i least expected and at a time when i was most rebellious. God had mercy on me…

My story is a bit long
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by Ranchhoddas: 11:48am On Aug 26, 2016
An2elect2:
Thank you but all the indoctrinations i got from my parents, my priests and some of the pastors i knew back then didn't give me faith. If my memory has not failed me, in short they all made me very sceptical and pushed me away from God the more.

The preachers of hell only made my heart beat faster than normal and made me fear for my life, but that still didn't give me faith.

I hated all the prosperity wealth and health preachers that i couldn't bear to give them audience. Even when i did not know God, i knew they were wrong just by common sense.

But God gave me faith one night in a place i least expected and at a time when i was most rebellious. God had mercy on me…

My story is a bit long

We want to hear the story.
Re: Happy Are Those Who Have Not Seen And As A Result Don't Believe. by An2elect2(f): 11:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
We want to hear the story.
I might create a thread for it if it becomes too necessary. But God will lead me to do the right thing

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Praying Naked Is Like Trying To Seduce God To Answer You" / Adam Bisexual Or Not? / Does A Baby/foetus Have A Soul?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.