Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Czech Locksmith Builds Plane To Fly To Work 10 Miles Away - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Czech Locksmith Builds Plane To Fly To Work 10 Miles Away (2248 Views)

Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 / Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Czech Locksmith Builds Plane To Fly To Work 10 Miles Away by Colydatom(m): 8:29pm On Aug 25, 2016
Frantisek Hadrava thought driving to work for 14 minutes was too much, so he built a plane to cut the commute by half.

The `vampira’ which is an ultra-light plane built based on the U.S design called Mini-Max by the 45 years old Hadrava who is a locksmith.

The plane has an open cockpit, propeller powered by a 3-cylinder engine made by Czech firm Verner, and maximum speed of 146 km (91 miles) an hour.

It cost between 3,700 Euros and 4,200 dollars to build, Hadrava said.

Early in the morning, Hadrava flew his usual path through the forested hilly foothills of the Sumava Mountains for his 6 a.m. shift at Drevostroj, a small factory in the town of Ckyne.

He lands on a meadow across the road from the factory, and then needs to push the plane across the road, leading to the German border to a parking lot outside the factory.

“It takes me about 12 to 14 minutes by car.

“By plane, it would take around 4 to 5 minutes if I flew directly, but I take a bit of a detour so that I don’t disturb people early in the morning.

“So it takes about 7 minutes,” he said.
More: http://newsherald.com.ng/2016/08/41954/

Re: Czech Locksmith Builds Plane To Fly To Work 10 Miles Away by chachanga: 8:38pm On Aug 25, 2016
Good one.

cool "pricey" innovations like this thrive best when folks are not yoked with running around in futile search for things that should be basic societal amenities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Czech Locksmith Builds Plane To Fly To Work 10 Miles Away by Laird(m): 11:58pm On Aug 26, 2016
chachanga:
Good one.

cool "pricey" innovations like this thrive best when folks are not yoked with running around in futile search for things that should be basic societal amenities.

NICE POST BRO..

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do.. / A Boy Of 12 Years Old Produce A Locally Made Keke Napep. Pics. / Full List Of All Mobile Banking USSD Codes In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.