Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy (41597 Views)

Northern Governors Blame Southeast Politicians For Zone’s Backwardness / Biafra Agitation Affecting Southeast’s Economy, Says Kalu / New Alignments Threaten Apga’s Role In Southeast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nature8(m): 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by excel001(m): 4:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Though am a registered member of this great forum, for some months now i visit nairaland on hourly basis to get information and read comments only. I am forced to comment because of the great personalities of igbo extraction (not the politicians) mentioned in this thread. If these great minds are sincere in their deeds, the sky will be their starting point and nothing in life will stop south east from being great and developed. Am ever willing to contribute my little quota where it is deemed fit as a fresh graduate of chemistry to the development of southern nigeria and the nation at large. I honestly wish this assembly is real.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by BoneTackle: 4:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Good initiative.

God bless Igbos and Igboland

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
owerri has more structures than Enugu. Owerri is probably one of the cities in the east where you will find glass skyscrapers.

You harldy see such in Enugu
you lack knowledge of what a sky scrapper is.....there is no single skyscraper in eastern Nigeria..ode!
see below how a skyscraper looks like and post a single skyscraper from owerri....i challenge u
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by MadCow1: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you too dey look for trouble cheesy

Abagworo na my Guy o! I respect his opinion alot and he is very mature and respects himself well.

In this type of topic, I will love to hear his take on where he feels Imo State would fit into the economic rejuvenation of the Eastern States. Anambra,
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by MadCow1: 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
owerri has more structures than Enugu. Owerri is probably one of the cities in the east where you will find glass skyscrapers.

You harldy see such in Enugu

Skyscrappers where?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cstr15: 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
Maski87:

Well other than Ms. Adichie, all these names and so called intellectuals have been representing ibos even before you were born, and the South east has been in a pathetic state because the have only lined there pockets under the impression that the represent ibos , go to there hometowns and see them mansions in the middle of abject poverty
Represented igbos? How?
Since when did pat utomi, tony elumelu, prof Nnaji, Prof Emeagwali( the African engineer with the biggest recorded IQ of any black person alive) represented igbos ever in Nigerian politics? In what capacity?
You must be high on amala .

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cstr15: 6:21pm On Aug 26, 2016

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by betterABIAstate: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

you lack knowledge of what a sky scrapper is.....there is no single skyscraper in eastern Nigeria..ode!
see below how a skyscraper looks like and post a single skyscraper from owerri....i challenge u
must you call me ode? OK, owerri has the finest highrises in the east.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Decryptor(m): 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
ImperialYoruba:
This move is 47yrs old ad still nothing to show for it.

At least we made a move! Give me a typical example of a move from your tribe here or zip your tongue!

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by rhemal: 6:54pm On Aug 26, 2016
Best news ever from south east
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by chukz999(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
E[quote author=ImperialYoruba post=48806848]This move is 47yrs old ad still nothing to show for it.[quote] See This Ofe Mmanu Nigga O

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
must you call me ode? OK, owerri has the finest highrises in the east.
i can see u're from Abia state...no wonder....aba alone is the aboard of pigs and all kinds of dirty things.... Owerri my fat ass...with dilapidated and few buildings
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Maski87: 7:53pm On Aug 26, 2016
cstr15:
Represented igbos? How?
Since when did pat utomi, tony elumelu, prof Nnaji, Prof Emeagwali( the African engineer with the biggest recorded IQ of any black person alive) represented igbos ever in Nigerian politics? In what capacity?
You must be high on amala .
Nnaji science and tech
Elumelu union bank
Utomi multiple board of directorship
All word no action
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by betterABIAstate: 8:03pm On Aug 26, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

i can see u're from Abia state...no wonder....aba alone is the aboard of pigs and all kinds of dirty things.... Owerri my fat ass...with dilapidated and few buildings
you dont go around insulting everybody you meet online, are you an animal?
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 26, 2016
betterABIAstate:
you dont go around insulting everybody you meet online, are you an animal?
yes your popsi,mumsy and did i forget u ursef are all animalscheesy cheesy D
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by comrChris(m): 9:02pm On Aug 26, 2016
this is a good development, can't wait to see this idea coming to reality, I have always wished everybody returned home.

this has just added to my prayer points
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by cstr15: 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2016
Maski87:

Nnaji science and tech
Elumelu union bank
Utomi multiple board of directorship
All word no action
Really? Billionaire like elumelu with established respected global business set-ups notably UBA, Nnaji the erudite engineer and Nigeria's best power minister and the owner of geometric power company in aba is all talks? You think these are afonja people that talks too much?
You must either be an ignorant afonja or you are suffering from a serious case of envy.
What a waste of time.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2016
shaibu123:
Is well overdue,link up the five states with good road network and rail system.Encourage our people to invest back home.Why the fighting over swampy lands in Ladipo,Alaba,Aja,lekki etc.All this can be done in the East in the presence of people who appreciate them and not those that want you to die in lagoon.Five years only the region will change for good.Our graduates need not to travel to lagos or Abuja in search of jobs.Ethiopia Air just landed the first cargo plane in Enugu,we don't need to go as far as lagos to export some items.This will as well create jobs,let attract more foreign Airlines to do same and open up south east for the world..

The icing on the cake of your good ideas would be the siting of some foreign consulates like those of the UK, US, Israel, UAE in Enugu (or PH/Uyo).
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Suljosh: 11:34pm On Aug 26, 2016
chuxyfranklin:

I don't know why you had to chip in the " I'm not Igbo" to validate your statement.
If you think it's a good development, irrespective of where you come from, come out straight with it.
You do not have to include where you come from to authenticate your statement or make it more acceptable.

Thanks.
children of hate. a jin Baka nyi ke dugun jegun na.
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Suljosh: 11:38pm On Aug 26, 2016
chuxyfranklin:

I don't know why you had to chip in the " I'm not Igbo" to validate your statement.
If you think it's a good development, irrespective of where you come from, come out straight with it.
You do not have to include where you come from to authenticate your statement or make it more acceptable.

Thanks.
if I've insulted your ipob people now you would have crucified me. see that your ALBINO face.
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by P0intBlank(m): 12:21am On Aug 27, 2016
Enuguboy4nsk:

Enugu too has so much institutions as owerri to qualify for citadel of learning..as Enugu can completely replace anything u mention of Owerri..

to me i think Owerri should be rather administrative block while Enugu becomes the tourist zone/citadel of learning

Do you mean Enugu state or Enugu town?
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by HashtagMoniker(m): 12:22am On Aug 27, 2016
Chigold101:
i dont believe this story.

Madam Ngozi Okonjo-Iwela, Prof Pat Utomi & Tony Elumelu are not from the South East region. Three of them are Deltans so...

I doubt this story
Ngozi, Elumelu and Utomi are from Anioma. The Anioma are a subgroup under the Igbo Nation. There are also Anioma people in Onitsha, Ogidi, Ndoni and some other places in Alaigbo. The Asaba Massacre during the civil war was carried out on the Anioma people. Colonel Nwawo, Joe Achuzie and Anuku were high officer in the Biafran army were Anioma.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Pwayne2016(m): 12:46am On Aug 27, 2016
HashtagMoniker:

Ngozi, Elumelu and Utomi are from Anioma. The Anioma are a subgroup under the Igbo Nation. There are also Anioma people in Onitsha, Ogidi, Ndoni and some other places in Alaigbo. The Asaba Massacre during the civil war was carried out on the Anioma people. Colonel Nwawo, Joe Achuzie and Anuku were high officer in the Biafran army were Anioma.

Oboy i go slap u, comot ur head from ur neck oo

Ogidi no be Anioma town pls

We are Idemili People and Ogidi is de headquarters of Idemili Clan

We hav tins in common wit Anioma people like Names,History though not really related but not same culture

Chinua Achebe from our town did not approve diz Biko, stop de misinformation
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Maski87: 12:52am On Aug 27, 2016
cstr15:
Really? Billionaire like elumelu with established respected global business set-ups notably UBA, Nnaji the erudite engineer and Nigeria's best power minister and the owner of geometric power company in aba is all talks? You think these are afonja people that talks too much?
You must either be an ignorant afonja or you are suffering from a serious case of envy.
What a waste of time.
Dude when guys miss the point the resort to insults and cheap shots
You just made my point billionaires and owners of white elephant projects, we all knew how you become rich in Nigeria
Yes the are all rich for the past 25 years but the south east is still the most deprived part of nigeria and you are pinning your hope on people who have benefited from a faulty system
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by mikolo80: 2:41am On Aug 27, 2016
mrvitalis:
Results is all we want to see
requires hard work bro
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by mikolo80: 2:43am On Aug 27, 2016
cstr15:
What a waste of time.
how many loan Uba give Ibo ppl
Is geometric working
I pity una
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by 39xtr90r: 4:30am On Aug 27, 2016
mikolo80:
how many loan Uba give Ibo ppl
Is geometric working
I pity una

Igbo don't need anyone to pity them. Simply face OduaArewanistan republic...

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Chigold101(m): 4:40am On Aug 27, 2016
HashtagMoniker:

i didnt say these guys are not Igbo.
I am saying they are not from the South East region.
That my point.
Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by Nobody: 5:11am On Aug 27, 2016
Suljosh:
if I've insulted your ipob people now you would have crucified me. see that your ALBINO face.

If you cannot drive home your points without insult, then we shouldn't be having this conversation in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Move To Boost Southeast Economy by londoner: 6:53am On Aug 27, 2016
rhemal:
Best news ever from south east

Agreed, they have realised what must be done not only in SE but Nigeria as a whole. We have all been waiting for this news.....now comes the work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayemi Begs Ekiti People For Forgiveness / We Kept Palliatives Ahead Of Second Wave Of COVID-19 - Governors / See The Moment Buhari Landed In Akwa Ibom For His Campaign Kick Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.