Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Snail Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Snail Farming (1074 Views)

Snail Farming In Nigeria – Benefits, Advantages, Facts About Snail Farming / Invest In Snail Farming Within 6 Months Harvest / Snail Farming In Nigeria Made Easy, Practical Tips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Snail Farming by greatcheer(f): 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Good day house,
Pls am about to start snail farming in my backyard in small scale. I intend using a bucket with loamy soil.pls am a newbie at this and i sincerely need help. I and my siblings cultivated some from muddy bushes to start.
Here are the samples of what we got.
Pls i need suggestions if these 2 types are the edible types and the types we can rear
Help pls

Re: Snail Farming by Annunaki(m): 4:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
The darker snail is a water snail found in rivers and streams(i am not sure it is edible) whilst the other one with patterns on it is a land snail that doesn't grow big thus it has no commercial value. The species you need for snail farming are either achatina achatina or achatina maginata. They are the ones that grows big and have commercial value.
Re: Snail Farming by greatcheer(f): 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2016
Thank you so much for your prompt response. So i just wasted my time......
Re: Snail Farming by Annunaki(m): 4:43pm On Aug 26, 2016
greatcheer:
Thank you so much for your prompt response. So i just wasted my time......

You can still keep searching for the achatina species. I started that way as well and now I have over six hundred. cheesy my target is to have over a thousand by the time the rainy season is over. smiley
Re: Snail Farming by Blackfire(m): 5:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Annunaki:

You can still keep searching for the achatina species. I started that way as well and now I have over six hundred. cheesy my target is to have over a thousand by the time the rainy season is over. smiley

annunaki i wan eat snail... Mail am to ibadan.
How is family my friend?
Re: Snail Farming by Annunaki(m): 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
Blackfire:

annunaki i wan eat snail... Mail am to ibadan.
How is family my friend?

I just start snail farm biz on a small scale oh grin but my target is to have one million snails in the next two years, it is then I will start harvesting them. I will email some to you then cheesy
Re: Snail Farming by Blackfire(m): 8:20pm On Aug 26, 2016
Annunaki:

I just start snail farm biz on a small scale oh grin but my target is to have one million snails in the next two years, it is then I will start harvesting them. I will email some to you then cheesy

baba God will bless your hustle...
Dont worry u will ve more than 4 million in one year..

*owo adura mi da*.
*laughs*

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Choose? Stainless And Non Stainless Steel: Garri Processing / Bus For Sale / Snacks|food Packing Machine In Hot Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.