Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,864 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. (4284 Views)

'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday / Man Spots ‘dead’ Wife With Another Man In Lagos / Man Catches Driver Having Sex With His Wife On Matrimonial Bed In Ogun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 7:00pm On Aug 26, 2016
Mr Majhi’s 42-year-old wife died from tuberculosis on Wednesday morning and he said that he requested a vehicle to transport the body home for the last rites. However, he claimed that there was no response, that hospital staff insisted that he move the body and that he couldn't afford a private ambulance.

He told Indian Express: ‘I requested everyone, but no one listened. What option did I have other than carrying her?’ He added: 'Since I am a poor man and could not hire a private vehicle, I had no choice,' according to the BBC.

source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3758409/Poor-Indian-man-carries-dead-wife-shoulder-seven-miles-hospital-not-pay-taken-home.html
cc: Lalasticlala

3 Shares

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Raydos: 7:01pm On Aug 26, 2016
insanity
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2016
Dana Majhi was filmed with his wife over his shoulders wrapped in sheets and his heartbroken teenage daughter by his side as he headed towards his home.

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
Taking breath: Mr Majhi waits by the side of the road with his dead wife and daughter.

1 Share

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by DesChyko: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
#bond.. That is quite moving.
Despite her being dead, he still gave her respect as his resources could allow.

14 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by mymadam(m): 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
cry Poverty is real! May God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Destined2win: 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
Eeya, I really pity the man.

1 Like

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2016
That shows how much he loved the woman, take heart man. God gives, God takes.. But,

NAWA OH shocked

4 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by favourmic(m): 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
And some stupid agent we tell me Indian is very good for study, but I believe this woman get family Abi nah all of you nah family poor.

2 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
They followed him all the way with camera just to make a good story? Damn. The world is spinning backwards.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Destined2win: 7:09pm On Aug 26, 2016
Destined2win:
Eeya, I really pity the man.

Indians have a very large poor population. I just wonder why they come here to form expatriates

3 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2016
mymadam:
this is not about poverty, but about the bond between them, the love & cherished moments when the woman was still alive. Can't you see that or do you need sense transplant??
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
this is not about poverty, but about the bond between them, the love & cherished moments when the woman was still alive. Can't you see that or do you need sense transplant??

The man had no money for an ambulance.
Take a minute and read again. It's about poverty.

6 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by kingreign(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2016
VolT0xic:
They followed him all the way with camera just to make a good story? Damn. The world is spinning backwards.
I tell you bruv, no more compassion, no empathy, no love, no selflessness no humanity In that act. embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
After covering 7miles, help finally came, courtesy of local youth who alerted the officials.

Mr Majhi loads the body of his wife into an ambulance, which completes the rest of the journey to his house.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:16pm On Aug 26, 2016
VolT0xic:

The man had no money for an ambulance.
Take a minute and read again. It's about poverty.
I saw that. But, who knows it might be sort of last respect from him to her before she will be committed to mother earth??
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 7:18pm On Aug 26, 2016
mymadam:

Amen o....
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by mymadam(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

Young man, read through and you may just understand. The English used is simple enough, IMHO!

7 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2016
mymadam:

Young man, read through and you may just understand. The English used is simple enough, IMHO!
I red & overstood it, but please can you be my English teacher
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2016
This could drop a tear. Love's strong.
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by EfemenaXY: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2016
Sad story. sad
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 26, 2016
Raydos:
insanity
Devotion.
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2016
VolT0xic:

I learnt some of them alerted the authority, but a car, bike or tricycle from the locals would have helped the situation.

7miles(12km) can't just imagine.
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by greatgod2012(f): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2016
And this just brought out tears from my eyes.

Two of the most dreadful things of life just happened to this man.

First, he's poor, really poor.

And as if that isn't enough, he lost a beloved wife who sticked with him despite his poor condition.

Terrible, very terrible.

May God console him and grant the soul of his wife perfect peace.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by armadeo(m): 8:45pm On Aug 26, 2016
people could film this and nobody could lend a hand.

this world is at end times.

imagine.

if its Nigeria i would understand the reason of people not helping either he would have been killed by the mob who are violent for no reason claiming he is a ritualist or the police would fvk him up so bad he would probably join his wife and they would ask the daughter to bail his corpse.

1 Like

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 9:46pm On Aug 26, 2016
armadeo:
people could film this and nobody could lend a hand.

this world is at end times.

imagine.

if its Nigeria i would understand the reason of people not helping either he would have been killed by the mob who are violent for no reason claiming he is a ritualist or the police would fvk him up so bad he would probably join his wife and they would ask the daughter to bail his corpse.

People will be scared too, imagine seeing a man carrying a dead in the street
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 12:39am On Aug 27, 2016
Now I feel like crying.... I really feel for the man though.

He had little but obviously gave so much...he loved her and cherished her even in death....

Love....

2 Likes

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by ichommy(m): 1:11am On Aug 27, 2016
That shows how much he loved his Wife.
Touching...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Explorers(m): 5:46am On Aug 27, 2016
ichommy:
That shows how much he loved his Wife.

Touching...

Touching bro, to carry a bucket of water or 10L of fuel in the street is killing. Not to talk of this, and the thing go heavy die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 5:47am On Aug 27, 2016
Eeyah. This is disgusting and horrible but he's a good man.

RIP madam
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by Nobody: 6:03am On Aug 27, 2016
I'm worried about the daughter here, growing with nightmares about this very cruel day. Bad memory

What is this world coming to?
Re: Poor Indian Man Carries His Dead Wife On His Shoulder For 7miles Back Home. by heykims(m): 6:28am On Aug 27, 2016
I pity his innocent looking daughter more.. And all d help people can give is to snap pictures ehenn

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Men Should Marry More Than One Wife!" - Kenyan MP's Solution to Prostitution / Help! My Little Niece Confided In Me That My Brother's Wife Is Cheating On Him / ,,,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.