Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,937 members, 7,838,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

The Master Minder Of Enugu Herdsmen Killings Arrested - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Master Minder Of Enugu Herdsmen Killings Arrested (439 Views)

56 Bandits Responsible For Kaduna Killings Arrested (photos) / Enugu Herdsmen Attack: Residents Reject Peace Moves / Enugu Herdsmen Attack: Police Arrest One Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Master Minder Of Enugu Herdsmen Killings Arrested by Colydatom(m): 10:58am On Aug 27, 2016
In what looks like a fallout of outcry against security insensitivity, the Enugu State Police Command has arrested the suspected mastermind of the herdsmen attack on Ndi­agu Attakwu Akegbe Ugwu community in Nkanu West Local Government Area of the state.

According to a statement by the command’s spokesman, Mr Ebere Ama­raizu, yesterday, the suspected mastermind is Umaru Isah from Gusau, capital of Zamfara. Amaraizu said that the arrest of the suspect followed intelligence made available to the command.

“The Enugu State Police Command, in its resolve to unmask the perpetrators of the attack on Ndi­agu Attakwu Akegbe Ugwu, has nabbed one Umaru Isah over his alleged involve­ment in the incident.

“The suspect, who claimed to be 20 years of age, said he came to Enugu from Gusau in Zamfara State to rear cattle, but has none to rear till now. Investigations are still on with a view to un­masking his gang,” he said.

Amaraizu said the police would, how­ever, stop at nothing to ensure that those involved in the act were apprehended and brought to book.

It would be recalled that sus­pected herdsmen attacked the community in the early hours of Thursday dur­ing which a Catholic seminarian, identi­fied as Mr Lazarus Nwankwo, was killed.

Four other victims of the same family, including a pregnant mother, also received various life-threaten­ing machete cuts on their heads and stomach.
More: http://newsherald.com.ng/2016/08/master-minder-enugu-herdsmen-killings-arrested/

Re: The Master Minder Of Enugu Herdsmen Killings Arrested by tukdi: 11:05am On Aug 27, 2016
undecided I will not say anything for now!
Re: The Master Minder Of Enugu Herdsmen Killings Arrested by thesicilian: 11:17am On Aug 27, 2016
He'll be released soon. They own the country now.
Re: The Master Minder Of Enugu Herdsmen Killings Arrested by youngbu(m): 11:19am On Aug 27, 2016
i

(1) (Reply)

Revolution, , Senate Is Our Economic Wahala / Arrested Suspect Speaks: “I Joined Armed Robbery To Raise Money For Burial” / I Gave Fayose N1.2bn For Ekiti Election –obanikoro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.