Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,722 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG (1507 Views)

Niger Delter Avengers Accept Dialogue, Reject Soyinka, Kalu As Negotiators / MEND Writes Buhari, Names Diette-spiff, Tomplolo, Others In Dialogue Team / Niger Delta Avengers Refuse Dialogue With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by outknow: 5:35am On Aug 28, 2016
Nobel Laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka and a former Governor of Abia, Dr. Orji Uzo Kalu, have been listed among a seven-man team to lead the negotiation between the Niger Delta Avengers and the Federal Government.

Other members of the team are Prof. Steve Odi-Owei, Etubom (Dr.) Anthony Ani, Nalaguo Chris Alagoa, Chief (Mrs.) Alice Mobolaji Osomo, and Mr. Inienimi Ballantyne Agiri, who has been acting as spokesman for the group. The committee is expected negotiate on behalf of a faction of the militant group in the eastern and central Niger Delta.

A statement signed by Agiri, who speaks for a faction of NDA, representing the eastern and central parts of the region and made available to SUNDAY PUNCH on Saturday, said that Soyinka will serve as adviser to the committee.

Agiri, who also spoke to our correspondent on telephone, said that the list was not exhaustive as other people outside the shores of Nigeria had been contacted and had shown interest in being observers in the dialogue process.

He said the Archbishop of the Canterbury, Justin Weldy, a former Ghanaian President, John Kufor and a few others, would also be consulted.

Soyinka was recently quoted as urging the Federal Government to open dialogue with the militant groups, which had been agitating for resource control for the Niger Delta region.

Attempts to get the Nobel laureate were not successful on Saturday but when contacted Kalu welcomed the idea but said he had not been formally informed by the Avengers that he will negotiate for them.

He said, “Nigeria is our own and we must go on the path of peace. It is the right anything to do if they want to negotiate, I hope the president will accept that.

“I will negotiate for them if the President agrees for us to negotiate for them. I cannot go without concurrent agreement with the President saying that we should negotiate.”

Osomo also said that she had not been formally consulted but expressed her willingness to be part of the team in national interest.

Meanwhile, Alagoa, who was in the list, confirmed the development in a telephone interview with our correspondent on Saturday.

He said that he was not a member of the group but was contacted and had accepted to be a member of the team if only it would bring a solution to militancy in the Niger Delta.

Alagoa said that he was also told that Soyinka and Kalu had been contacted, adding that he was also informed that the list was not yet exhausted.

He said, I was approached and they said that they have confidence in me and few other people to lead the dialogue. If they are authentic to give me the chance to dialogue, it is okay.”

http://biafrasay.com/p/322765/avengers-wants-soyinka-kalu-others-in-dialogue-with-fg
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by outknow: 5:36am On Aug 28, 2016
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by agwom(m): 5:43am On Aug 28, 2016
undecided
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by NigerianReporter: 5:47am On Aug 28, 2016
Story for the #gods

Tiwa Savage poses with DJ Khaled (Photos) https://michaeluzomamichael./2016/08/28/tiwa-savage-poses-with-dj-khaled-photos/
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by Aristo3146(m): 5:49am On Aug 28, 2016
The fear of Operation crocodile smile(OCS) is the beginning of wisdom...
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by madridguy(m): 5:52am On Aug 28, 2016
Thank you avengers for the seize fire. I used to say it, there is no winner in war. Together we move our country forward.

For the past 2 weeks now, I have been having constant power supply, I say Nagode Niger Delta Elders.

This is WIN WIN for both FG and the good people of the Niger Delta.

Happy Sunday to you all.

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by mrvitalis(m): 5:52am On Aug 28, 2016
Yes dialogue should be done to determine how to move the region forward

But no part of the negotiation should include giving the avengers money in any form.. . No giving of amnesty in anyway just a presidential pardon... no financial gift in anyway..

A group that has the cash to school in eastern Europe and by guns and dynamites should have no problem esterblishing business for themselves

Now do this ans the true reason of avenging will come out... I also feel FG should have a video recording of the meetings

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by DrRasheed: 5:53am On Aug 28, 2016
So often how yoruba starting to be trusted by igbo avengers... There is still hope for Nigeria
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by GMBuhari: 6:23am On Aug 28, 2016
Who pays for the damage on pipelines and the death of many nigerians who werent able to sustain themselves when the government did not pay them

It's not a win win

Operation crocodile's smile is a win win and please let them not drag our Soyinka into this mess

If we dialouge now , probably in another 5 years another disgruntled group will come up

but if we strike the fear of God in them and devastate them psychologically with show of power, commitment and Bull'sCock focus

, Now it'll take more than 30 years ( another generation ) for them to attempt to attack anything in this country
madridguy:
Thank you avengers for the seize fire. I used to say it, there is no winner in war. Together we move our country forward.

For the past 2 weeks now, I have been having constant power supply, I say Nagode Niger Delta Elders.

This is WIN WIN for both FG and the good people of the Niger Delta.

Happy Sunday to you all.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by anwe: 6:27am On Aug 28, 2016
Good move for peace that will foster development and the country better off.
War has never solve anything. Libya, Iraq etc has not known peace.
It will be good thing if HE Obong Victor Attah is part of that team.
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by nonjebose(m): 6:36am On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:
Who pays for the damage on pipelines and the death of many nigerians who werent able to sustain themselves when the government did not pay them

It's not a win win

Operation crocodile's smile is a win win and please let them not drag our Soyinka into this mess

If we dialouge now , probably in another 5 years another disgruntled group will come up

but if we strike the fear of God in them and devastate them psychologically with show of power, commitment and Bull'sCock focus

, Now it'll take more than 30 years ( another generation ) for them to attempt to attack anything in this country
If you do that and ignore dialogue, you would only be aggravating the situation. This will put FG in bad light and help garner support for NDA from within and outside the region.
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by ironheart(m): 7:16am On Aug 28, 2016
Why now that operation crocodile smile just took off. A lot of Nigerians always think our military men are weak. But far from it. As a matter of fact they are happy to die. 90% of those soldiers are there to avenge the death of their colleagues. The psychology of a nigerian soldier is military is my family, my religion, my home and country.
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by 9japride(m): 7:48am On Aug 28, 2016
DrRasheed:
So often how yoruba starting to be trusted by igbo avengers...
There is still hope for Nigeria
[color=#006600][/color]

Avangers are not Igbos. Pls learn to study wide and travel away from your comfort zone. It's normal for northerners to call all southerners Igbos or you are just being mischievous. It's ur type that always raise false alarm just to harm ur opponent as can be seen in Zamfara incidence. Aboo ki

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by GMBuhari: 7:50am On Aug 28, 2016
nonjebose:
If you do that and ignore dialogue, you would only be aggravating the situation. This will put FG in bad light and help garner support for NDA from within and outside the region.

Even world powers are seeing Buhari's patience as a sign of total humility and they think it's odd

Nigerian pipelines have not had peace since may 29 2015 that's over a year of insurgency and destabilizing the country's economy

Would you let a known tout continue harassing your young female child for over a because the tout works for politician and feels untouchable

I'm sure if you can't handle it you'd hire friends and relatives to support you

Or let's say you decided no fight, you want to talk to the tout and his gang, something you've done before and it has backfired

You have the money, the power and the support to take down this tout and his gang permanently

Would you go for dialogue?
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by mightyhazell: 8:11am On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

Even world powers are seeing Buhari's patience as a sign of total humility and they think it's odd

Nigerian pipelines have not had peace since may 29 2015 that's over a year of insurgency and destabilizing the country's economy

Would you let a known tout continue harassing your young female child for over a because the tout works for politician and feels untouchable

Or let's say you decided no fight, you want to talk to the tout and his gang, something you've done before and it has backfired

You have the money, the power and the support to take down this tout and his gang permanently

useless analogy! Reasonable ppl are happy avengers have agreed 2 dialogue.quit spewing trash

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by GMBuhari: 8:14am On Aug 28, 2016
mightyhazell:
useless analogy! FG has no option but 2 dialogue.quit spewing trash

If gov wanted to dialogue would the army be deployed already?

Can't wait to read about the shrieks of pain and the horror those terrorists will be put through

No dialogue simple

Ntooor
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by mightyhazell: 8:18am On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

If gov wanted to dialogue would the army be deployed already?

Can't wait to read about the shrieks of pain and the horror those terrorists will be put through

No dialogue simple

Ntooor
the usual gibberish!

U just want 2 read abt pain and horror,.while ur family dies of hunger and starvation. Are u not a v wise man?
My friend shift !
Thank God avengers agreed 2 ceasefire and dialogue. I hope fg coms 2 the table wit sincerity ds time.

4 Likes

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:22am On Aug 28, 2016
What is there to dialogue with terrorists? What do they want? Another round of our patrimony in the name of Amnesty package? Why do we reward crime, terrorism, and criminality in this country?

As long as I am concerned, there is nothing to dialogue. The government should convoke SNC while the Army combat terrorists, cultists, and criminals.

1 Like

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by mightyhazell: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

The fact that your family is dying of hunger and starvation does not mean everybody else's family is

Buhbye
much as u wanna die in silence,let me ram it in2 ur thick skull dat nigerians are dying daily because of ur dullardeen's indiscretion. Wellmeaning and reasonable nigerians welcom dialogue and peaceful resolutions. We only wish d fg does the right tin. U can tune in 2 war channels 2 satisfy ur urge for gore and destruction and leave discussions as dese for mature ppl wit discretion.

3 Likes

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by evilapc: 8:33am On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

The fact that your family is dying of hunger and starvation does not mean everybody else's family is

Buhbye
What have you been waiting for since, use the nigerian british army to level the entire ND and take over their land....evil being parading themselves as humans....

the north may be laughing all these while because of british-western support, but I tell you greater evil await the north, bokoharam is a child play to what is coming to the north
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 28, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
What is there to dialogue with terrorists? What do they want? Another round of our patrimony in the name of Amnesty package? Why do we reward crime, terrorism, and criminality in this country?

As long as I am concerned, there is nothing to dialogue. The government should convoke SNC while the Army combat terrorists, cultists, and criminals.
Why don't you wait for the outcome of the negotiations before you set your itching fingers on the keyboard?. Do you think Prof Soyinka would be a part of such? My friend, there is no alternative to dialogue. The operation launched by the army could be a success, but there is no doubt there would be collateral damage. Some of our gallant men would be lost to the operation and some innocent souls in these communities would die too. Dialogue can save us all that. Convoking an SNC is a good idea, but there must be peace in the Niger Delta first.
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by Funlordjnr: 8:46am On Aug 28, 2016
grin

BEFORE THE CALL:

NDScavengers: " PMB! we want soyinka to dialogue on our behalf oh? He is credible and we know he won't come and dialogue with you under the influence of ogogoro! Abeg make him show"

PMB: " so no credible people from your region again? Oya na! No shaking, call him up"

AFTER THE CALL:

Soyinka: "Erm scavenge... I mean guys this dialogue no pure sha! Una don over _fuck up and una sponsors don already judas una in order to escape probe! And the rest of those board members na alert dem dey find! Them no send una! You no see say even kanu dey beg for him life from kuje? Na oyo state una dey now oh?"

NDScavengers: "Ha! But why na? We are ready to talk! Anything wey dem drop we go collect! Owu dey blow us die for inside this creek oh! Abeg forget kanu and dasuki matter, see as dem butcher general migwor and field marshall egberipapa some days back? Ah we dey fear oh"

Soyinka: "abeg try call clark or ebele, I wan reach ogun sharply for 1 meeting, but I go show back sharply, maybe tomorrow or next week sef! I no go tay, I swear! Sorry for una lives...erm I mean loss......take care, call me"

ABUJA:

PMB: burutai? I just heard from soyinka... Has that crocodile started smiling yet?

General burutai! It has started boning sir! The smile is gone! By the time we are done, even the fishes in the creeks would have more to live for than those bastards! Over and out sir!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by Dimejimichael(m): 9:26am On Aug 28, 2016
We don't negotiate wit terrorist !!!
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by nonjebose(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

I like your analogy. I feel this could be a better arrangement since it started with the pleas of some leaders and elders in the region. They are Planing to invite eminent persons into the negotiations, that is a start. Keyword is that they are the ones initiating , so it is best to give them benefit of doubt in order to test their sincerity. Besides, to think that going out full blast gun trotting may not end the militancy in the nearest future. A wise government would not fail to explore this window of opportunity
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by Jazzman44: 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

It's not a win win

Nativity is your problem
All wars eventually end up in dialogues
The NDA has nt started war and people are dying what happens when the real war starts?
A group that has proven beyond anytin that they can cripple our economy says it wants to dialogue and little kids are shouting war war SMH
Do you consider the soldiers that would die in fighting a ghost army? Are not fathers or important to their families? Can the military protect ALL national assets @ the same time? Is it not better they dialogue using eminent citizens to show their sincerity?
Send your operation crocodiles teeth to war and see how many lives would eventually be lost in a fruitless war while economic sabotage continues.
Stupid kids on nairaland
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by GMBuhari: 4:01pm On Aug 28, 2016
Assumtion mentality , anyone who does not agree with you is a kid "?? i bet you are no more than a teenager which makes you my last child

that settled , Perhaps too much Sci-Fi is the reason why your comment sounds so immature , You talking about war ? I am talking about Invading Niger Delta and killing all the terrorist and pipeline saboteurs , that equals damage control , not war and since everybody has been claiming they don't have any links to NDA or their sponsors, it won't be hard to fish them out

Oh and your blackmailing will not work , That invasion will happen

Crocodile smile will happen and i hope you and your under educated over sabi friends will not run to lagos when it starts

bunsuru
Jazzman44:

Nativity is your problem
All wars eventually end up in dialogues
The NDA has nt started war and people are dying what happens when the real war starts?
A group that has proven beyond anytin that they can cripple our economy says it wants to dialogue and little kids are shouting war war SMH
Do you consider the soldiers that would die in fighting a ghost army? Are not fathers or important to their families? Can the military protect ALL national assets @ the same time? Is it not better they dialogue using eminent citizens to show their sincerity?
Send your operation crocodiles teeth to war and see how many lives would eventually be lost in a fruitless war while economic sabotage continues.
Stupid kids on nairaland
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by GMBuhari: 4:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
I respect your comments and your manner of approach, scarce quality these days

But apparently we are saying the same thing , different methods I want the attacks on the pipelines to stop

Ok ?

But this has happened before , Dialogue will only go for so long

And in that dialogue , i am sure what they want is more salary

But people who want money shouldn't damage where the money is supposed to come from don't you agree ??

Besides even if there will be dialogue and ceasefire , There has to be punishment for the crimes they have committed , otherwise , it's like giving a rat a cookie and adding some peanut butter

I don't know if you get what i mean , for instance , a few hundred boko haram members surrendered and were rehabilitated

Who is Buhari bombing in Sambisa ?? Some goats will not be happy to negotiate , so whoever wants to surrender should surrender , not blackmail the government into dialogue and those who won't surrender don't deserve a drop of mercy

nonjebose:
I like your analogy. I feel this could be a better arrangement since it started with the pleas of some leaders and elders in the region. They are Planing to invite eminent persons into the negotiations, that is a start. Keyword is that they are the ones initiating , so it is best to give them benefit of doubt in order to test their sincerity. Besides, to think that going out full blast gun trotting may not end the militancy in the nearest future. A wise government would not fail to explore this window of opportunity
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by GMBuhari: 4:12pm On Aug 28, 2016
If that's what it takes, that's what will happen

Even though your nick says everything i need to know to ignore you

I will tell you this ... Unless Jonathan has paid some other terrorists to come and devastate the North , Nothing will happen

Oh and there's been airraid in Lagos / Ogun ,

Sambisa has been razed and is being raided till today

ND is next and make sure you pack your bags in preparation to run to lagos
evilapc:

What have you been waiting for since, use the nigerian british army to level the entire ND and take over their land....evil being parading themselves as humans....

the north may be laughing all these while because of british-western support, but I tell you greater evil await the north, bokoharam is a child play to what is coming to the north
Re: Avengers Wants Soyinka, Kalu, Others In Dialogue With FG by Greenback: 4:20pm On Aug 28, 2016
GMBuhari:

Buhbye

seun oam4j lalasticlala
are some nairalander above the law of
Rule 2?

(1) (Reply)

Biafra Agitation: Nnamdi Kanu’s Life In Danger, See Evidence (photos) / Photo: DSS Search Warrant On Judges / Wife Of The Senate President, Toyin Saraki Shares Her Childhood Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.