Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Eea Family Visa For Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eea Family Visa For Uk (4532 Views)

How Long Does It Take For A Uk Family Visa To Be Issued? / Should Nigerians Pay £3000 For UK Visa Bond?? / How Easy Is It To Get Belgium Visa For Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eea Family Visa For Uk by nicolac1(f): 10:48pm On Oct 01, 2009
Hi. Does anyone know how long this takes to process & how far they look into things? My husband is NIgerian & we had both been living in Spain but I have moved back to UK and want him to join me ASAP. But now it has got bit difficult as he got into a bit of trouble with the police in Spain so were trying to work out best way to get him over here & quickly. 1 idea is him to go back to Nigeria & apply for EEA family permit & not mention Spain, anyone have any advice or experience of this?
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by Shola2009(m): 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2009
hmmm, what kind of trouble did he get into?? if it serious trouble, then he shouldnt bother applying for anything ooo!
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by European: 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2009
It is not possible to do this, his details and biometrics are in the national computer and can be accessed by the british border agency, along with his criminal/ police record.

Tell you criminal husband to go back to nigeria and stay there
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by nicolac1(f): 11:52pm On Oct 01, 2009
Actually he did absolutely nothing except be a black guy on the street with £50 in his wallet & with 2 white european guys who had 1 gram of coke on them. They got off scot free & let to continue their holiday, my husband got arrested & over nothing more than 1 cop said he saw them give him the money which is bull as it was mine!!! With such little evidence they have decided to make an example of him & wan to put him in prison, so forgive me if i seem a little pissed off about it all & want to help him. Its a joke if i had been caught in exactly same circumstances as a white european female the police wouldnt have done a thing! And yes i have heard it all discussed in the court so im not some niave little girl believing everything i am told.

Back to the visa, i thought they only took biometric info for settlement visa's but is it definitely for this too? Damn
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by European: 12:46am On Oct 02, 2009
I don't believe you, He was obviously selling drugs and you simply refuse to believe he is guilty.

It might surprise you to know that th majority of drug dealers in spain are africans. Anyway I am pleased that he will likely be refused an eea and will not be able to enter britain. we dont need more negro criminal shit in the uk

and for the record £50 is the EXACT price in europe for a gram of coke.

why are you fuking niggers ?
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by OAM4J: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2009
@ European
Do you do drugs too? How do you know the price of 1 gram of coke?

@ nicole c
They take biometric info for all visa applications even for transit visa. (I know this for certain).

But what I don’t know is if that will matter since his biometric info has not been collected before by Spain or UK (or was it?). If he comes back to Nigeria and make a fresh application to UK without mentioning Spain, I don’t know if UK will bother trying to find out all the countries he has visited that he has not mentioned in his application form.
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by nicolac1(f): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2009
@European it was actually 50 euros but didnt have the symbol on my keyboard and according to the solicitor a gram of coke in spain costs 70, i wouldnt know cos unlike you i dont take or sell the stuff!

@OAM4J - He already had Spanish residency before we wet met so his info has been collected in Spain, though not in Uk. I know the EEA family permit doesnt seem to take just as long so my thinking was they wouldnt bother or have time to dig just as deeply so you might be right. Thanks very much for you help
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by Vicjustice: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2009
nicola c:

Hi. Does anyone know how long this takes to process & how far they look into things? My husband is NIgerian & we had both been living in Spain but I have moved back to UK and want him to join me ASAP. But now it has got bit difficult as he got into a bit of trouble with the police in Spain so were trying to work out best way to get him over here & quickly. 1 idea is him to go back to Nigeria & apply for EEA family permit & not mention Spain, anyone have any advice or experience of this?

The EEA family member permit does not usually take long to decide, it can be done within a week. But your husband's case is complicated with the pending case, he should wait for it to be over and decided in his favour otherwise, it might seem he's trying to avoid justice: Or has it ended?
   Whether he applies from Spain or from Nigeria, in the Entry Clearance application form, there are boxes containing questions on Immigration, Travel, and Criminal records. He will be asked if he's ever committed a crime or been imprisoned or have any pending case against him. What is he going to fill in?
   Do not try to hide anything regarding what happened in Spain because you if you do, you will be caught and that may mean permanent refusal. Be honest when filling the application, say it according to the official verdict of the case and you may still make your claim of innocence and the miscarriage of justice as you deem it.
   It might take a long battle if the ECO believes the official reports rather than your claims and if that be the case, then, i'm afraid you might have to wait until everything is rectified or probably after a ban.
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by PAININASS: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2009
European:

I don't believe you, He was obviously selling drugs and you simply refuse to believe he is guilty.

It might surprise you to know that th majority of drug dealers in spain are africans. Anyway I am pleased that he will likely be refused an eea and will not be able to enter britain. we dont need more negro criminal shit in the uk

and for the record £50 is the EXACT price in europe for a gram of coke.

why are you fuking niggers ?
I hate you from the very first day i joined this forum,i would prefer to kill you and go to jail,why do you hate africans?Smeagol
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by OAM4J: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2009
Vicjustice:

Do not try to hide anything regarding what happened in Spain because you if you do, you will be caught and that may mean permanent refusal. Be honest when filling the application, say

@Vicjustice
Just want to know. Can you throw more light on this? If he doesn’t mention anything about Spain on his application, how will the UK embassy find out? Conduct a search round all the EU countries systems? HOW?
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by redsky1: 6:04pm On Oct 02, 2009
why u people answer european is beyond me - silence is the best answer to a fool.

he is probably one of those lazy people claiming benefits self.

1 Like

Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by Vicjustice: 6:41pm On Oct 02, 2009
OAM4J:

@Vicjustice
Just want to know. Can you throw more light on this? If he doesn’t mention anything about Spain on his application, how will the UK embassy find out? Conduct a search round all the EU countries systems? HOW?

Most African immigrants in Spain have had their fingerprints taken by the Spanish authorities at one point or the other especially as they smuggled into the country, during political asylum request and during registration for legalization; And when crime is involved, their fingerprints are taken again for criminal records and verification of identity. Now, these fingerprints are assessable all over the EU states hence a member state is able to detect whether a person who is seeking political asylum in their state had sought it before in another state.
Now, remember that the UK does not issue visa without first scanning the fingers of applicants, so by that, they will find out his past records and then correspond with the Spanish authority for details.
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by OAM4J: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2009
@Vicjustice
I see your point. Thanks.
Re: Eea Family Visa For Uk by Davedavy: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2009
nicola c:

Actually he did absolutely nothing except be a black guy on the street with £50 in his wallet & with 2 white european guys who had 1 gram of coke on them. They got off scot free & let to continue their holiday, my husband got arrested & over nothing more than 1 cop said he saw them give him the money which is bull as it was mine!!! With such little evidence they have decided to make an example of him & wan to put him in prison, so forgive me if i seem a little pissed off about it all & want to help him. Its a joke if i had been caught in exactly same circumstances as a white european female the police wouldnt have done a thing! And yes i have heard it all discussed in the court so im not some niave little girl believing everything i am told.

Back to the visa, i thought they only took biometric info for settlement visa's but is it definitely for this too? Damn

This is very tricky,if he has been convicted that simply means he has a criminal record,and on his further visa applications he will be required to give details of this.The EEA family permit might not be refused if at the present moment he is not considered as a threat to the national security of the country he is seeking permit to enter.
OAM4J:

@Vicjustice

there are several ways in which this can be found out,firstly,like Vic justice mentioned above,if he has ever applied for asylum before in any EU country,his fingerprints is alreay in the system and this can be easily checked,anothe way is if he has ever been deported from any EU country or convicted in any of EU countries,his information will be recordedin the SIS (shengen Information system),though the UK is not in the shengen zone,but there is exchange of information between police.So definately,there will be a background check on him and they will find out.But like i said before,this on its own is not enough reason for the refusal of EEA family permit.i will advice you to seek a legal advice.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Go To For Vacation With 200k On Average? / Uk Vs Australia (or Canada) / UK Visa Refusal Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.