Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,233 members, 7,818,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (911532 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by idogbo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
lawmerchant:

First, it's already late to apply for trv for a January program. Second, you have better chances for a successful trv application with a masters program than a PGC
thanks bro for your candid advice

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by leumasnuges3: 3:05pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hi guys. School starts in January. I plan to leave in November. Please is it okay to leave in November?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Pinkygrace(f): 4:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
JUBILEE2000:
Hello gurus in the house, thanks for your sacrifice and priceless contributions on this forum.
Please my wife will be traveling with our 3 children for a 2 year diploma program. The oldest of my children is 6 but the challenge here is that the school fees for early and primary years is as high as the diploma program in Ontario. I just googled it and it's as high as CAD14,000. Please can smbdy help me with any info on affordable schools for international children. Thanks a lot

If your wife is on study permit and your kids are above 4yrs, which is school years here, they are free to go to school without paying. you only pay if the are below 4 and have to go to daycare. Beside why not look for schools in Saskatchewan, Alberta, that also give health almost free, as compared to Ontario where you have to pay for health insurance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kriss77: 5:10pm On Oct 09, 2016
Mikymiko:
Ur sponsor is a third party. Pay ur tuition fees. Add ur assets documents like land deed, survey plan and valuation report. You can just travel to a neighbouring county and return as proof of travel history.

quote author=sshola post=50019953]Please gurus in the house, I got delayed and applied for my gcms

Applied : June 8th
Medical mail : July 5th
Medical done and passed

I am a teacher with a salary of over 100k
I applied for MED Mathematics at UBC, Vancouver
Submitted SOA of uncle (same surname) : 6million, he got a loan of 5m tho
I submitted my statement : over 1million
Payslips and d letter of intro by employer
Virgin passport

Denied based on :
Insufficient funds
Travel history
Personal assets

Oya Oga thesoj, siga, just wise and others abet help a bro o

d fund is very insufficient.... very very insufficient.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kriss77: 5:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
adesbaba:
good mornin frnds...lets say MY TRV GOT APPROVED MAY for FALL 2017 ...can i travel around JULY ?.......Success to all TRVS ...
in my case.. i travelled 1st of JULY.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Kriss77: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
leumasnuges3:
Hi guys. School starts in January. I plan to leave in November. Please is it okay to leave in November?

yeah...so what are u waiting for?
they won't bother you @ the POE..incase dey do.. jst tellem u wanna have ursef settled and prepared ahead of your study in January...Also u have to get used to d weather b4 ur study begins...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 5:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmn... I hope they see it dat way sha
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by nam16: 6:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello, your wife can't cope studying with 3kids except you or one of u guys grandma will follow her...even with 1 that i av is not easy..ur kids above 5yrs attend public schl for free...has she gotten her visa already? Cos its difficult for a vo to grant visa with such case....
JUBILEE2000:
Hello gurus in the house, thanks for your sacrifice and priceless contributions on this forum.
Please my wife will be traveling with our 3 children for a 2 year diploma program. The oldest of my children is 6 but the challenge here is that the school fees for early and primary years is as high as the diploma program in Ontario. I just googled it and it's as high as CAD14,000. Please can smbdy help me with any info on affordable schools for international children. Thanks a lot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by JUBILEE2000: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2016
lawmerchant:

You seems to be getting something wrong here. The school should be free for your children as your wife will be in Canada as a student. If your wife is in Canada with as a visitor, that's when international tuition will apply to your children.

Thanks a lot for this clarification. It's well appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by JUBILEE2000: 6:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
kakamsi:
jj

Sir u have to research very well because I know that if u hold a valid study permit your children from 4 years old and above does not pay school fees in a public nursery,
primary and secondary school level. But from 4 years down u have to look for daycare which is expensive but she can manage it if she won't be working .

Thank you so much for this contribution. You guys rock on this forum

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by JUBILEE2000: 6:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
nam16:
Hello, your wife can't cope studying with 3kids except you or one of u guys grandma will follow her...even with 1 that i av is not easy..ur kids above 5yrs attend public schl for free...has she gotten her visa already? Cos its difficult for a vo to grant visa with such case....
@ nam16 thanks a lot for ur contribution. Honestly coping with 3 kids and studies has been a major worry for us. Unfortunately none of our Mums is fit healthwise/agewise for this assignment. The only option on our table at the moment is that of engaging a Nanny which they say is expensive . Do u have ur mum with u or did u engage the services of a Nanny? Any useful info on this will be appreciated. Thanks once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by spores99(m): 7:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
hello gurus in d house, please those that applied for PGD is it 1year duration or 2years duration that most applied for
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 7:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
tysaxmalomo:

90cad I used my brothers Canadian ATM (cc)
i am about to apply to same school...pls,how did u tackle english proficiency?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 7:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
martineverest:
i am about to apply to same school...pls,how did u tackle english proficiency?

My school is exempt from English proficiency since. Was instructed in English for more than 3 years..... You can mail the school to find out if you r exempt.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 7:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
tysaxmalomo:

My school is exempt from English proficiency since. Was instructed in English for more than 3 years..... You can mail the school to find out if you r exempt.
i also saw the same thing.tho,i was quite confused.....i am going to apply for mech engr....summer session
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 7:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
martineverest:
i also saw the same thing.tho,i was quite confused.....i am going to apply for mech engr....summer session

If you're exempt, nothing to be confused about. Wish u all d best too.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2016
tysaxmalomo:

If you're exempt, nothing to be confused about. Wish u all d best too.....
thanks...what course are u applying for?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tysaxmalomo: 8:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
martineverest:
thanks...what course are u applying for?

Masters in Law.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
tysaxmalomo:

Masters in Law.
dat one hard o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 8:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
Tysaxmalomo and martineverest which sch una dey apply to?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by martineverest(m): 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Riddeek:
Tysaxmalomo and martineverest which sch una dey apply to?
manitoba and sask
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
Wow! Two sure schools... Though Saskatchewan is surer with cheaper tuition

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 8:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
I wish you guys the best

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dmuchwells(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
Pls I need sum1 to gimme requirements I need If wanna travel to canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2016
dmuchwells:
Pls I need sum1 to gimme requirements I need If wanna travel to canada

Get a Visa and buy plane ticket. That's all.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Judgepelumi(m): 11:47pm On Oct 09, 2016
Osemigho:

Lmao grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 6:38am On Oct 10, 2016
OMG!!! See 'bluntness'. Lol

Osemigho:

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Gymme(m): 6:38am On Oct 10, 2016
Congrats bro. Hopefully see you soon in PG.

vinci500:
Wow....Finally got an MSc admission, time to shoot for a VISA! #We're making progress!
#UNBCJan2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 10, 2016
Gymme:
Congrats bro. Hopefully see you soon in PG.

please am trying to pay my application fee.what does an international bank transfer in canadian dollars mean .do i need a domiciliary account? the other options are MasterCard/visacard Issued in usd . what does this mean?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 9:19am On Oct 10, 2016
Hello house, please can a B.Tech holder get admission for M.Eng program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:31am On Oct 10, 2016
Gymme:
OMG!!! See 'bluntness'. Lol

Maybe blunt but truth. Although be needs to understand how to get the two. It really doesn't take beyond visa and plane ticket to travel to Canada. Maybe extra money for living expenses can be added.

I don't know how it is anymore but reading previous thread at least was a requirement. Adara!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2016
penitential:
Hello house, please can a B.Tech holder get admission for M.Eng program?

Of course! Check the department website of the sch u want to apply to, like in my case ECE, most ECE dept accept students from Computer science, physics... Though according to them ur GPA must be "strong" for them to admit you...

Though i know some schs in canada that don't accept people for M.Eng except they are working for a company and the company sponsors them to sch, therefore their final project will ne something that such company recommends or needs.

You can apply for MAsc, you have better chances, depending on ur final undergraduate results especially the last 2 yrs.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.