Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,042 members, 7,821,589 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (326) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (912332 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gkgraphics(m): 2:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hi guys ,
I got offer for admission at Fleming college for (Pgc sustainable agriculture cos I studied crop production and soil science ) last August but due to errorsome on my name and date of birth is couldn't pay my first semester tuition (8302CAD) until October and applied for visa 11/11/2016 via the online route i haven't heard anything since then make school resumed last Monday although I already wrote them about the delay.below are my other Info
sponsor:mum
SOA balance :12.2m and 2m
Properties: 3 houses worth about 45m
Total tuition:16,604.12cad(I paid 8302 cad already.
Please I need your advice and Comments what are my chances of getting the study permit plus do they give permit after school has resumed
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dudubery: 2:44pm On Jan 18, 2017
telvinfantasy:

Thanks you bro
The agent explained to me that universities are expensive and college are more cheaper so he insisted in applying he is goin to apply for college for both me and my friend.
The agent ask me to pay upfront of 100k which he will pay to the school in form of an acceptance fee to secure the visa.
Meanwhile my friend that introduced me to him also wants to process Canada through the agent but hasn't got his passport and his gonna do that month ending

Hi, reading through the thread myself, but i would advise you do some research and forget about that agent. If you read just about the last 10 pages of this thread, you'll see why using agents might be at your detriment. I know you might feel its something very difficult or impossible to do, believe me, you can do it ursef. Just try google the course you want, read the requirements, apply. And read up and put your docs together for application. This thread is morethan enough to help you with your application, if u get stucked, ask questions here, enlightened pple will help, so far you are polite. No dash any agent your money, the agent myt complicate things for you. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 3:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
Good day all,
I want to know if after gettibg student VISA to study In Canada and it's discovered that one is pregnant. Is there any challenge at the Point of Entry. Also will the school withdraw the admission given?
Would appreciate your kind response.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ottawaboi: 3:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
gkgraphics:
Hi guys ,
I got offer for admission at Fleming college for (Pgc sustainable agriculture cos I studied crop production and soil science ) last August but due to errorsome on my name and date of birth is couldn't pay my first semester tuition (8302CAD) until October and applied for visa 11/11/2016 via the online route i haven't heard anything since then make school resumed last Monday although I already wrote them about the delay.below are my other Info
Please I need your advice and Comments what are my chances of getting the study permit
Thank you
No one here can tell you if you will get the TRV or not. However, I would say your chances are very bright given your financial backing and the relation between your undergraduate and pgc. I will say just continue to hope in God and you will testify like others.

This journey has really me believe the popular saying of " patience is a virtue"

Its praise"o clock. I will be back shortly.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 3:27pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dudubery:

Hi, reading through the thread myself, but i would advise you do some research and forget about that agent. If you read just about the last 10 pages of this thread, you'll see why using agents might be at your detriment. I know you might feel its something very difficult or impossible to do, believe me, you can do it ursef. Just try google the course you want, read the requirements, apply. And read up and put your docs together for application. This thread is morethan enough to help you with your application, if u get stucked, ask questions here, enlightened pple will help, so far you are polite. No dash any agent your money, the agent myt complicate things for you. Goodluck
Thank you very much my brother, i will read through the thread. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dudubery: 4:01pm On Jan 18, 2017
telvinfantasy:

Thank you very much my brother, i will read through the thread. God bless you
Ywc, na sister o not brother. Lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gkgraphics(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
ottawaboi:
No one here can tell you if you will get the TRV or not. However, I would say your chances are very bright given your financial backing and the relation between your undergraduate and pgc. I will say just continue to hope in God and you will testify like others.

This journey has really me believe the popular saying of " patience is a virtue"

Its praise"o clock. I will be back shortly.
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by jamal411: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
Yes you are right. I explained to the agent and sent him a screenshot from my email showing when it was mentioned by me. Luckily the date and time email was sent was clearly visible for him to see.

He accepted to write CIC to explain and take responsibility for the error. I have no choice at this point than to trust him, because he is a member of ICCRC with good standing and cic has been in touch with him throughout my application process. He is a certified agent and his name and RCIC number is clearly visible on the ICCRC website.

So I cannot at this point contact CIC directly myself, that will be a breach of contract and honestly CIC may not even respond to me even if I try to go alone on this.

Having said that, I think the explanation from him will be sufficient. Afterall cic are the ones who encourage and advice us to use certified agents instead of uncertified ones if we decide to use representation.

I doubt if they will punish me with a refusal/ban for somebody's error, should incase they do then they have to punish him too otherwise it won't be fair cuz I didn't fill the forms myself... However I am positive it won't get to that.

Thank you for responding

Cheers

thesoj:
Include proof of emails you sent to your agent where you told him/her to state your US visa denials. While this may get the agent in trouble, it tells CIC the truth and helps you avoid a five-year ban. Don't trust the agent to respond on your behalf to CIC, cos he/she will only try to protect himself/herself. Also, this should be a lesson for you to not put all your trust in an agent... or if you use an agent, make sure you review what he/she sends to CIC on your behalf. You risk being banned if you don't take this into your own hands.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by dreeyy: 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
telvinfantasy:

Thanks you bro
The agent explained to me that universities are expensive and college are more cheaper so he insisted in applying he is goin to apply for college for both me and my friend.
The agent ask me to pay upfront of 100k which he will pay to the school in form of an acceptance fee to secure the visa.
Meanwhile my friend that introduced me to him also wants to process Canada through the agent but hasn't got his passport and his gonna do that month ending

Lol...better run for your life. Read through the previous pages on here, ask questions and be guided. Nothing beat doing it youself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by uso84: 6:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
lovetrumps:
Thank you again. It seems so. I just got a mail this morning from cic requesting additional document. They need his father to sign an authorization document for him to travel with me. I dont want to get excited though because I don't know if they are still reviewing or if they have made a decision.His medical changed to passed last week. What do you think. Here is part of the mail they sent.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to
continue processing your application:

> Parent Authorization to Travel: Signed letter of authorization from the non accompanying
parent (father) authorizing your travel to Canada. Must be accompanied by a copy of his passport or
national id clearly showing his signature. This must be received at this office by: 2017/0
God is ever faithful...d feeling was very strong honestly... start celebrating... it's done... congratulations...all Glory 2 God alone.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by gkgraphics(m): 6:37pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hi guys ,
I got offer for admission at Fleming college for (Pgc sustainable agriculture cos I studied crop production and soil science ) last August but due to error on my name and date of birth is couldn't pay my first semester tuition (8302CAD) until October and applied for visa 11/11/2016 via the online route i haven't heard anything since then make school resumed last Monday although I already wrote them about the delay.below are my other Info
Please I need your advice and Comments what are my chances of getting the study permit plus do they give permit after school has resumed
Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 7:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
telvinfantasy:
Hello everyone
Pls am in a state of confusion right now and i will be so glad if you can help me out.
A friend of mine introduced me to an agent, in which i had a brief discussion with the traveling agent. He told me i will need to give him my WAEC cert, scanned passport data page, birth certificate and an 100k upfront to pay the school as an acceptance fee then we later talk about the amount am going to pay for his service which is 150k.
Please should i trust the agent and proceed or quit? Please ur opinion is needed
Thanks in advance God bless you guys

Isn't this service fee too much?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 7:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
[quote author=moyin1010 post=52904368][/quote]

@Moyin1010...Congratulations!!

@all...please is it ok to travel months ahead of resumption? I am thinking of doing same.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by platypelloid: 7:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hello fellow Nlanders.
Kindly help with university of Saskatchewan postgraduate application website. I'm a bit confused.
I am applying, I filled the degree space.but they are not yet being contacted.
Pls house when will my refrees be contacted? Is it after paying the application fee or before paying?

Pls Who has applied to usask.?
Kindly share your experience!
Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dudubery: 7:41pm On Jan 18, 2017
platypelloid:
Hello fellow Nlanders.
Kindly help with university of Saskatchewan postgraduate application website. I'm a bit confused.
I am applying, I filled the degree space.but they are not yet being contacted.
Pls house when will my refrees be contacted? Is it after paying the application fee or before paying?

Pls Who has applied to usask.?
Kindly share your experience!
Thanks.

No uni will contact ur referees until u pay ur app fees. Ur app isnt complete without Payment of app fee.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by platypelloid: 8:26pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks boss
I have applied to UBC before.
Should I still apply to other universities?
The application fee dey worry me ohhh
Kindly advise me??
Dudubery:

No uni will contact ur referees until u pay ur app fees. Ur app isnt complete without Payment of app fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2017
unyted:

Actually bro am not too familiar with issues involving agents cuz its my first time trying to use an agent.
And if we got anyone on this forum who as used a traveling agent can please shed more light on the process and cost? Pls if we av anyone
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
unyted:

Service fee is even more than their agent college "acceptance fee". 100k acceptance fee sound like the guy want to use their money to buy land for village or perhaps arrange ticket for himself to travel.

It is well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 8:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
dreeyy:

Lol...better run for your life. Read through the previous pages on here, ask questions and be guided. Nothing beat doing it youself.
I understand not all agents can be trusted, i will try and read as much as i can to gather enough info. Thanks alot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by unyted(m): 8:39pm On Jan 18, 2017
Osemigho:

Service fee is even more than their agent college "acceptance fee". 100k acceptance fee sound like the guy want to use their money to buy land for village or perhaps arrange ticket for himself to travel.

It is well.

As in...e tire person.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 8:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Osemigho:

It is well.
Lol... Pls you can shed more light if u know abt this agents
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Dudubery:
Ywc, na sister o not brother. Lol
My aplologies
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by telvinfantasy: 8:45pm On Jan 18, 2017
unyted:

This my first time using an agent and again i have no relative in Canada so am on my own. Pls enlighten me if you know about the cost and what it takes pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
platypelloid:
Thanks boss
Kindly advise me??

If UBC is the only school you apply to, you are yet to apply to schools. They reject sometimes more than 80% of their applicants. Toronto and McGill included. Be guided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by platypelloid: 8:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Boss thanks
What's your advice for me now?
Which schools would you recommend with highest chances of securing admission offer??
Thanks.
Osemigho:

If UBC is the only school you apply to, you are yet to apply to schools. They reject sometimes more than 80% of their applicants. Toronto and McGill included. Be guided.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by esosa4real(m): 9:17pm On Jan 18, 2017
advanceDNA:

The tuition I quote a a postgraduate taught masters..the year programme..
Yes, most scholarship u nee to apply to the school awards the tution waiver be offered a condition condition unconditional offer before being considered for scholarship.

I must say u brother is quite impressive, first class in engineering no be beans, with the right statement of purpose and application to a couple of schools he shuld be able to get full or partial scholarship scholarship God's grace ooo...

Let me hav ur email i'l respond to u with a couple of Scholarship..breeze tru it...an see which school u u bro a babe fits in..few below though..when I get to t office i'll , computer to type..phone typing without keypads can can frustrating for me

Loughborough University: first class only, cover full tution only..

http://www.lboro.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/next-steps/international-finance/international-scholarships/

Global Excellence Scholarship for Nigerians at University of Dundee in UK, 2017
Partial scholarship though valued at 4,000£

http://www.dundee.ac.uk/study/scholarships/uod-global-excellence-nigeria-pg-cepmlp/

Sheffield university.transform together scholarship: half tuition waiver for Nigerians only too
https://www.shu.ac.uk/?sc_itemid=CC2E6E96-9EB7-4CBD-9B67-1419FBED4CDC

Boss, mehn its not been easy with researching ooh. I so appreciate the above links, gone through them and i plan applying to one of the for my brother. But Please can you help me suggest Graduate schools in Canada that you are aware Nigerians have got scholarships before in the past.
Since i have plans for Canadian immigration, i would really appreciate Canadian universities. I have mailed Univ of Victoria and manitoba and honestly their story nor just straight, still referring me to links that say nothing much about funding for academic merit students.

Please other nairalanders can also help suggest, because my fiance and brother have great results in the fields of Health and Engineering respectively and i am passionate about making an admission for them as soon as possible against September 2017 or Jan 2018 batch.
God bless.

cc: Osemigho dreeyy Eraytee

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dudubery: 9:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
platypelloid:
Thanks boss
Kindly advise me??

Lol, still a learner o and im a lady. I'ld advice you apply to more schools just to be on a safe side. Iv actually applied to 3 schools b4 now and didnt get admitted to any, ubc included. But i guess that was due to a couple of factors sha, i was naive then, thinking canada dishes out admission lyk UK. So, play it safe and apply to more schools that are less competitive, hopefully pple can suggest some unis for u. You should prolly state the course you intend to study, some1 myt be able to help. Alternatively, try n read through the thread, you'll come across some unis. Or google somtin lyk "cheap canadian universities for international students". Such unis shudnt be as competitive as ubc, utoronto and d likes. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Riddeek: 9:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
platypelloid:
Thanks boss
Kindly advise me??
U applied to only UBC and you are in doubt whether to apply to other schs? Bros you dey joke angry
You have to overlook the 100CAD app fee for other schs and apply. Infact apply to a minimum of 3 except you are a first class graduate.
Pls don't ever put all your eggs in one basket. Its very risky.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Dudubery: 10:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Riddeek:

U applied to only UBC and you are in doubt whether to apply to other schs? Bros you dey joke angry
You have to overlook the 100CAD app fee for other schs and apply. Infact apply to a minimum of 3 except you are a first class graduate.
Pls don't ever put all your eggs in one basket. Its very risky.
Even if he graduated with a first class sef, It is risky. Cos there are other things to consider, sop, reference.And some other international applicants One will compete against have work experience or published article(s),research papers. I got to read about it on reddit after i had applied to some schools, i could understand why i didnt get admitted. Learnt my lessons late, so its just best to have insurance Unis.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 10:25pm On Jan 18, 2017
Osemigho:

40k cad for all masters or professional masters? If all, there own pass UofToronto.
Anyway, at Aboki rate, a chairman calculated 378 per cad or something close to that. At form A rate, it is less than 250 per cad. You can join the prayer group asking for change of policy that will favour form A soon.

Use Access bank card for anything higher than 100 USD. Use GTB for 100 USD and lower. I used the GTB own recently and was charged around 240 per cad. I have never tried the access bank card.

I hope you have secure all other requirements like supervisor if needed. Otherwise, you are 90% about to throway some money in the air.

Shalom!

THANKS BOSS

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by chigrad: 10:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
Pls house, any contribution to this question.
chigrad:
Good day all,
I want to know if after gettibg student VISA to study In Canada and it's discovered that one is pregnant. Is there any challenge at the Point of Entry. Also will the school withdraw the admission given?
Would appreciate your kind response.
Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by mcobex: 10:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thanks very much, I appreciate
successtouch:

the challenge you are having is not your sponsorship. it has to with the course you are going for ,that is why purpose of visit was ticked . ur course is nether related to your job or your undergraduate studies. and you also have to go for a program that is higher than your previous education, there should be a career progression. and you can also order for your case file. to know exactly what you are addressing. for personal asset your spouse and children and your personal account statement will address that and if you are employed a leave of absent will address it. success can only come when u do things differently from the way u did before. take your time and make sure you are addressing the right thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) (328) (329) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.