Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,952 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (331) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908725 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by yemdogg: 8:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
abdullahi45:

Which do think i should apply for? September 2017 or January 2018?

And please what do they mean by Pending spot remaining?

Anyone to advice on schools that offer Microbiology or Medical MCB, that require no supervisor?

I am not in any position to determine which entry you should apply for... You are in a better position to determine that.

Pending spot remaining simply means....They have limited slots/seats available for the program and as such, when the slots are taken your chances of admission will diminish.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by JUBILEE2000: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2017
Osemigho:

40k cad for all masters or professional masters? If all, there own pass UofToronto.
Anyway, at Aboki rate, a chairman calculated 378 per cad or something close to that. At form A rate, it is less than 250 per cad. You can join the prayer group asking for change of policy that will favour form A soon.

Use Access bank card for anything higher than 100 USD. Use GTB for 100 USD and lower. I used the GTB own recently and was charged around 240 per cad. I have never tried the access bank card.

I hope you have secure all other requirements like supervisor if needed. Otherwise, you are 90% about to throway some money in the air.

Shalom!

Pls i need ur advise on this.

I have a tuition of 7500Cad to pay. Form A is not an option cos I got discouraged by most banks I approached. Now if I fund my Dom account via black market, how do I pay this tuition and at what rate will the transfer be made. Looking forward to your response. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:13pm On Jan 20, 2017
JUBILEE2000:

Pls i need ur advise on this.

I have a tuition of 7500Cad to pay. Form A is not an option cos I got discouraged by most banks I approached. Now if I fund my Dom account via black market, how do I pay this tuition and at what rate will the transfer be made. Looking forward to your response. Thank you

I believe you will ask your school for forms of payment. There is global pay if your school is on their list.
Am not sure of all I said and the exchange rate. I call on others, with sound knowledge about it, to kindly comment. Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 9:18pm On Jan 20, 2017
freeradical:
@ Osemigho,
How is your search for supervisor at UBC going? For my own program it comes after application review and one has to travel to Canada to search for a supervisor. Is it similar with your own program? View the attached doc

Yet fruitful. As required, I am unable to get a yes prior to submitting my app. It was risk I took, and I'm sure you know why.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 9:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
memstickk:
Hello house, testimony time

Online application with upfront medicals
29/10/16
Biometrics  4/11/16
Medical passed update 17/12/16
Passport request 11/01/17
Passport dropped 16/01/17
Passport collected with TRV today 20/01/17
Good news indeed! Congratulation. Glad everything turned out well.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by iseise: 9:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
I need help oo I submitted my app 26th Aug 2016 .Till date it is still been process in vac Accra and I tried linking the app online the responds I got is application not submitted. I am confused
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 20, 2017
Testimonies dropping upandan...when will it be *TRV Doctor's turn*?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 11:25pm On Jan 20, 2017
taiwo92:
pls guy any Mun candidate here for 2017 fall.

Yeah
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by abdullahi45: 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
yemdogg:

I am not in any position to determine which entry you should apply for... You are in a better position to determine that.

Pending spot remaining simply means....They have limited slots/seats available for the program and as such, when the slots are taken your chances of admission will diminish.
Thanks Boss.

What I meant was that which one can i go for now based on the fact i want to start the application late
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ChristoBam: 11:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
Hey guys I need your help on something. I really want to apply to a university in Canada but high school transcript is holding me down.Pls are there universities one can apply to with just my WAEC result.Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Lowoa: 12:41am On Jan 21, 2017
abdullahi45:

Me?
n

yes bro. I am a green horn from a humble background. I need a student visa to canada and I dont know how to go about it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by studyincanada18(m): 4:42am On Jan 21, 2017
ChristoBam:
Hey guys I need your help on something. I really want to apply to a university in Canada but high school transcript is holding me down.Pls are there universities one can apply to with just my WAEC result.Thanks.

One thing you could do is get a WAEC scratch card and apply to the university of your choice then provide them with your student number and all the necessary info to access your result online. Also, get a print out of your WAEC result, get a Lawyer to notarize a copy and mail it to the school in a sealed envelope. That would work for an undergraduate admission.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 6:47am On Jan 21, 2017
michV:
Testimonies dropping upandan...when will it be *TRV Doctor's turn*?

Very soon, if not before. The faithful will not go unrewarded. cool

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by waletosin: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2017
I just applied to carleton university for Masters in system and computer engineering,i had 3.00 at undergraduate level, and i highlighted my success in undergraduate project which i wrote and article on and about to be published in an international in my SOP... what are my chances of getting admitted because am so scared

Carleton is not so competitive but you are the second person dt i kno of dt applied to that school with high cgpa and got rejected.. However, I tink u sud take ur time to review your sop before reapplying to other schools..Although most schools deadline as passed already..

You can check up this schools asap
University of Manitoba
University of new brunswick
Concordia
University of ontario institute of technology

Best of luck
[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by waletosin: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2017
I applied to MUN for fall 2017, expecting the application decision...so scared tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by waletosin: 10:46am On Jan 21, 2017
I applied to MUN for fall 2017, expecting the application decision...so scared tho
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by elimsme: 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2017
waletosin:
I just applied to carleton university for Masters in system and computer engineering,i had 3.00 at undergraduate level, and i highlighted my success in undergraduate project which i wrote and article on and about to be published in an international in my SOP... what are my chances of getting admitted because am so scared

Carleton is not so competitive but you are the second person dt i kno of dt applied to that school with high cgpa and got rejected.. However, I tink u sud take ur time to review your sop before reapplying to other schools..Although most schools deadline as passed already..

You can check up this schools asap
University of Manitoba
University of new brunswick
Concordia
University of ontario institute of technology

Best of luck

Since you have applied, just hope for the best...I tink 3.0/5.0 is a bit low tho..I hope applied to other schs too and probably a college also..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by sirmeeyha: 12:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
ChristoBam:
just compile results ur skul gave u when u whr in skul,u dnt have to wait 4 d official one,that's wat i did nd thr was no querry watsoeva
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by olaaman: 1:36pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello House .. Please i had like the professionals in here to please advice me ... i submitted a paper application for study visa on the 5th of October 2016 and till date i havent received any update from the canadian embassy .. please do i need to be worried asi have already paid my school fee and i have contacted the Ghana visa office multiple times without any response from them . Anyone with a better understaning of the process should kindly advice me on what to do .

Hello Chiefs in the house ... Its your boy Olaaman again ..please for those who has been contacted for medicals ... did they call or text or they sent an email to you concerning medicals ... i am kinda worried at the moment ... my paper route application will be 4 months on the 5th of Feb 2017 and still no update ... thanks a bunch
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by zambelambe: 2:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Austinpee4:

Good news indeed! Congratulation. Glad everything turned out well.

@Austinpee4 Good Afternoon how are you doing?please I need your help I am about submitting my Visitors visa application I want to visit canada for my annual leave this year I have put my travel date for may 5th 2017 and I would liek to spend 7 days.I would liek to know how long the application takes to process? I have good travel history I have travelled to Uk. USA ,Southafrica, tanzania,turkey etc.What are the documents i would be needing and how long does it take? Do i need to do medicals? whats home ties would I b needing?I would await your prompt reply.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2017
[quote author=waletosin post=52998176]
I applied to MUN for fall 2017, expecting the application decision...so scared tho[/quot

Why are U scared?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by zambelambe: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
Greetings people in the house Good Afternoon please I need your help I am about submitting my Visitors visa application I want to visit canada for my annual leave this year I have put my travel date for may 5th 2017 and I would liek to spend 7 days.I would like to know how long the application takes to process? I have good travel history I have travelled to Uk. USA ,Southafrica, tanzania,turkey etc.What are the documents i would be needing and how long does it take? Do i need to do medicals? whats home ties would I b needing?I would await your prompt reply.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
wealth360:
hello everyone please a cousin of mine had a problem. she submitted her application paper route. but right now she needs her passport for an important (pajawiri) at work where she will be going to sweden for international conference. she has sent a message to CIC accra but no response and she called me this morning that she will be travelling to accra to get her passport herself. please house i want to ask if we should allow her to go by herself? or has anyone gone tru dis b4? she need her passport badly.

cc: @yemdogg, folaroyal, MichV and the whole gurus.

A friend got hers from then but not sure if she had to travel down
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2017
key areas to always work on during TRV application which is often visa refusals out of ignorance...

Purpose of visit; Make sure your intending program in canada relates with either your work experience/position or your UG degree or both if applicable. always keep your SOP simple and straight to the points and avoid ambiguous statements that causes stress and loss of interest to the reader,VO.
what you tend to achieve with your intending program,the relationship to your career and future goals and why canada for such study destination is what majorly your SOP should be revolving on and should have weighted and convincing points in this areas. Avoid ''story-telling'' sentences and make your statements professional with compound sentences.For those going for ordinary diploma program after having B.sc,approval chances are always slim not that VOs don't approve such but your case must be strong and convincing enough.
choose programs that are closely related not that you FEEL that they are related.if you are always in doubt for such,search wide on Google to truly know if such programs have close relationship with you UG course modules and contents.

Personal assets and financial status; unexplained or empty gaps come to this category,for those still undergoing NYSC or going for undergraduate program in canada,this area hardly apply to you guys,those undergoing NYSC should just add their NYSC supporting docs to cover present gaps. Specifically to working class,all relevant employment documents and/or activities from the date you finished NYSC till the date of your application should come in place,in addition if you have worked for long and have come of age,you are mandated to add your PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT of ACC.it is a MUST even if you are being sponsored and a reasonable amount of money should be in such account of 1 million and above just to be on the safer side.Similarly some have activities which is deemed profitable to their career,during visa application,such can come in place to explain present gaps in your application with the relevant supporting document in place too for the VO to make reference and in this type of situation I don't feel the personal SOA of the individual can come in place expect if the activity pays(income).
For those who have come of age and still single without family and kids to serve as HOME TIES, a land Document or meaningful stocks and bonds/properties should come in place and even if you don't have any,go get one months before applying for TRV.If you are married with kids they are already strong home ties to your application. Lands,stocks and bonds is an addition which also signals to the consular(S) that your have strong economic ties to your home country if you have such too.HOME TIES/personal assets vary and apply to individuals depending on the nature/profile of the individual during visa application.

funds; family,relatives are always convincing sponsors to the consulars for study visa, possible proof of relationships to such sponsors are, Birth certificates, marriage certificates then affidavit of sponsorships and DETAILED sponsorship letter, sponsor's SOA and business/work related document as proof of income follow up.self-sponsorship is also applicable and when acting as self-sponsored it requires you will have your funds for the entire duration of your program available as proof..if you are using extended families as sponsors,try as much to make your Proof of relationship documents clear and detailed. Always fill your FUNDS AVAILABLE Section of IMM1294E or study permit well of at least 1yr funds as specified by the CIC even if the program is a 2yrs or 4yrs program.The statement of account flow would be able to speak for subsequent years for the VO to believe that your sponsor can oblige to such responsibilty(ies). Avoid money Lodgement in an empty account left with no transaction for past months or prior to visa application in such empty acct of a sponsor except cases whereby such money was transferred or paid in with a clarification letter for it's purpose to your visa application in an account of good transaction history.if your sponsor is a business person as you may have it,if it involves you building up the acct for visa purpose,make sure it has business transaction details while owing up to such responsibilty.
in addition,fill your CIC forms well..

*TRV Doctor*

21 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Lowoa: 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2017
Please re[ly my DM. Many thanks
michV:
key areas to always work on during TRV application which is often visa refusals out of ignorance...

Purpose of visit; Make sure your intending program in canada relates with either your work experience/position or your UG degree. always keep your SOP simple and straight to the points and avoid ambiguous statements that causes stress and loss of interest to the reader,VO.
what you tend to achieve with your intending program,the relationship to your career and future goals and why canada for such study destination is what majorly your SOP should be revolving on and should have weighted and convincing points in this areas. Avoid story telling sentences and make your statements professional with compound sentences.For those going for ordinary diploma program after having B.sc,approval chances are always slim not that VOs don't approve such but your case must be strong and convincing enough.
choose programs that are closely related not that you FEEL that they are related.if you are always in doubt for such,search wide on Google to truly know if such programs have close relationship with you UG course modules and contents.

Personal assets and financial status; unexplained or empty gaps come to this category,for those still undergoing NYSC or going for undergraduate program in canada,this area hardly apply to you guys,those undergoing NYSC should just add their NYSC supporting docs to cover present gaps. Specifically to working class,all relevant employment documents and/or activities from the date you finished NYSC till the date of your application should come in place,in addition if you have worked for long and have come of age,you are mandated to add your PERSONAL BANK STATEMENT of ACC.it is a MUST even if you are being sponsored and a reasonable amount of money should be in such account of 1 million and above just to be on the safer side.Similarly some have activities which is deemed profitable to their career,during visa application,such can come in place to explain present gaps in your application with the relevant supporting document in place too for the VO to make reference and in this type of situation I don't feel the personal SOA of the individual can come in place expect if the activity pays(income).
For those who have come of age and still single without family and kids to serve as HOME TIES, a land Document or meaningful stocks and bonds/properties should come in place and even if you don't have any,go get one months before applying for TRV.If you are married with kids they are already strong home ties to your application. Lands,stocks and bonds is an addition which also signals to the consular(S) that your have strong economic ties to your home countryif you have such too.HOME TIES/personal assets varies and applies to individuals depending on the nature/profile of the individual during visa application.

funds family,relatives are always convincing sponsors to the consulars, possible proof of relationships to such sponsors are, Birth certificates, marriage certificates then affidavit of sponsorships and DETAILED sponsorship letter, sponsor's SOA and business/work related document as proof of income follow up.self-sponsorship is also applicable but when acting as self-sponsored it requires you will have your funds for the entire duration of your program available as proof..if you are using extended families are sponsors,try as much to make your Proof of relationship documents clear and detailed. Always fill your FUNDS AVAILABLE Section of IMM1294E or study permit well of at least 1yr funds as specified by the CIC even if the program is a 2yrs or 4yrs program.The statement of account flow would be able to speak for subsequent years for the VO to believe that your sponsor can oblige to such responsibilty(ies). Avoid money Lodgement in an empty account left with no transaction for past months or prior to visa application in such empty acct except cases whereby such money was transferred or paid in with a clarification letter for it's purpose to your visa application.if your sponsor is a business person as you may have it,if it involves you building up the acct for visa purpose,make sure it has business transaction details while owing up to such responsibilty.
in addition,fill your CIC forms well..

*TRV Doctor*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 3:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
zambelambe:

@Austinpee4 Good Afternoon how are you doing?please I need your help I am about submitting my Visitors visa application I want to visit canada for my annual leave this year I have put my travel date for may 5th 2017 and I would liek to spend 7 days.I would liek to know how long the application takes to process? I have good travel history I have travelled to Uk. USA ,Southafrica, tanzania,turkey etc.What are the documents i would be needing and how long does it take? Do i need to do medicals? whats home ties would I b needing?I would await your prompt reply.Thanks
Goodafternoon to you too. I'm doing just fine. I trust you are too.
Actually, this thread is for studying in canada. Visiting canada for other purposes isn't widely discussed here.
But to give a little info,
1. Processing time for each category of visa and processing office have been outlined on CIC website. see link here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

2. Your actual purpose of visiting canada(tourism/family, friends visit/business)will determine the documents you will need to submit during your application.

3. Everything you need to gather from CIC forms to supporting documents have been listed on CIC website, pls take sometime to go through them, you'll be better informed
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/

4. Here is also a link to the nairaland visiting/tourist visa to canada thread,you may find it very useful too as you read and ask questions there when you have to. https://www.nairaland.com/2103860/canada-visit-tourist-visa-discussion

All the best to you in your application.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by YoungJ61: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2017
I submited my paper route visa application at vfs abuja on the 20th july 2016 up till these moment no update not even a medical call up each time i track still being process, mailed Accra pending due que processing is what they reply all the time am begining to get woried and needs my passport to apply for another country please gurus whats ur advice on this
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by YoungJ61: 3:39pm On Jan 21, 2017
edirex:
Good morning all, i am new to this group. I got admission to humber college last year, i applied for the study permit on the 19th of July 2016 through paper route. its over 30 wks now and have not heard any reply from the embassy. anyone with useful information on how i can go about these?. thanks as i wait for a nice response
bro we are both in the same shoes mine was on the 20th july 2016 paper route vfs abuja yet no update till now mailed accra still process
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 3:47pm On Jan 21, 2017
olaaman:
Hello House .. Please i had like the professionals in here to please advice me ... i submitted a paper application for study visa on the 5th of October 2016 and till date i havent received any update from the canadian embassy .. please do i need to be worried asi have already paid my school fee and i have contacted the Ghana visa office multiple times without any response from them . Anyone with a better understaning of the process should kindly advice me on what to do .
Alot of people here too are in the same situation with you so you really are not alone.
Worrying won't make them process your application faster but positivism and optimism will help you pull through as you await a response from them.
Have they contacted you for medicals yet or did you do an upfront medical? in anycase, they will get back to you. Sadly, nobody can say when. You may also want to contact your intended school to inform them about the situation and be advised about the next line of action since you've paid your fees already.
Still remain positive though.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Austinpee4: 3:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
YoungJ61:
I submited my paper route visa application at vfs abuja on the 20th july 2016 up till these moment no update not even a medical call up each time i track still being process, mailed Accra pending due que processing is what they reply all the time am begining to get woried and needs my passport to apply for another country please gurus whats ur advice on this
In as much as situations like yours are worrisome, its normal to be troubled, you are human but it can't help the situation either. Considering that your application has passed the stipulated processing time for the processing office, you may want to send a case enquiry to find out the status of your apllication through their IRCC WEB FORM
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv(m): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
memstickk:
Hello house, testimony time

Online application with upfront medicals
29/10/16
Biometrics  4/11/16
Medical passed update 17/12/16
Passport request 11/01/17
Passport dropped 16/01/17
Passport collected with TRV today 20/01/17

It was definitely a long wait, but it was worth it. I'ld like to thank every single person that has contributed on this forum in one way or the other. Your contributions helped me a lot when i was gathering documents.
To all the gurus both past and present that take out time to answer questions, God bless you guys richly.

NonelikeGod i know you're busy with school now but i just want to say your posts on 'medicals experience', how you compiled your documents for online application helped me a lot, thank you.

Austinpee4 my own personal guru - i must have asked you a million and one questions off nairaland and you were always willing to help. Thank you.

To everyone that is still holding on, your miracle is on the way just hold fast!

Folaroyal Sir, please i will need the contact of the travel agent. Thank you for your immense contributions too.

Finally,
 “So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.” Rom 9.16
It is for this reason that i am eternally grateful to Him who has brought it to pass.

Congrats ..
And I am planning to go same route as u...online with upfront medicals..won't mind if we can talk personally
And will love u to share all dose people post that help u with ur application esp arranging document for online application.

(1) (2) (3) ... (328) (329) (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.