Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 11 - Travel (371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (908682 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Daslimo: 4:55pm On Feb 12, 2017
Osemigho:

No one can accurately predict admission because it is based on competition.

Try and apply to 2 other schools. Good luck.
U mean apply to anther school and at another transcript? Pay application fee also? Is that what u meant by applying to two schools?
I've been asking this same question since.. But no answer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Daslimo: 4:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
skylar2020:

Applied at both regina n manitoba.
should I send official transcripts now or wait till I get d conditional letter of admission
U paid application fee for both schools?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by tuzinde(m): 5:02pm On Feb 12, 2017
Daslimo:

you only increase your chances of admission when you have more applications, admissions are rather competitive as there are many applicants, and moreover, when the application window closes, you need wait for next academic year. for sure, each application will be paid for, you can check for schools that require your personal transcript and not official transcript, this saves some cost.Of your prefered schools insist on original transcript, you do not have a choice
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by skylar2020(f): 5:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
Daslimo:
yes
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by CarpricornPratt: 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
wealth360:

Is there a way to reverse that? I too made a mistake of clicking that.

Just un-tick & update..

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
@burrytee, baby I sight you. How far your second app now?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Danoluwa(m): 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
Igbouwanile:

Good to hear you are heading there.. which program did u apply for?
geodesy and geomatics engineering....still expecting admission info ooo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by TEECANN: 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good day house.

Please what exchange rate has anyone here used in calculating the CAD naira equivalent to reflect for "proof of funds"

Should one use black market rate (N390=1CAD) or official rate (N242=1CAD).

Thank you in anticipation of your responses.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
Danoluwa:

geodesy and geomatics engineering....still expecting admission info ooo

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by matic12: 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello..
It gives me great joy to be part of this wonderful platform... You guys are really doing a great job here..

Any university of Manitoba fall 2017 applicant on the house?
I applied on the 4th of january 2017 for M.sc in kinesiology but until now I haven't gotten a feedback from them....
However, am a graduate of medicine and our degree is unclassified(we don't use First Class or second-class).. But my worry is that university of Manitoba minimum requirement is second class upper, how will I convert my grade to the usual first or second class upper degree
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=penitential post=53643461][/quote]

I thought reps do the process for people. If this is case, then he can claim he used them but they must have erroneously omitted that info. By attaching evidence like receipt or contract, with a letter stating that the error is from the rep, with evidence, perhaps he will not suffer ban. Maybe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by crixcrox(f): 10:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
Hello house good evening, pls I need advice from those already studying in ca. My bro asked me to apply to bow valley college practical nursing( I already have a bsc in microbiology 2.1). Well I haven't done so yet I decided to consult an agent here in Nigeria to help me with the whole process from admission to the visa part. The agent made me understand that even if I am given admission by the school it may hinder the trv. He explained the reason been that i already have a degree and it may be difficult convincing the embassy that i really want to go for a diploma( practical nursing). He further advised that i try to gain admission in to an msc program then when the trv comes through that I could school for a while and apply then apply for the nursing program. Please nairalanders I want to verify from those already in ca what the agent said.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:37pm On Feb 12, 2017
Daslimo:

U mean apply to anther school and at another transcript? Pay application fee also? Is that what u meant by applying to two schools?

Submit admission application to at least two schools. Ensure you have supervisor if required and a good statement of purpose or research interest.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
TEECANN:
Good day house.

Please what exchange rate has anyone here used in calculating the CAD naira equivalent to reflect for "proof of funds"

Should one use black market rate (N390=1CAD) or official rate (N242=1CAD).

Thank you in anticipation of your responses.
I think the last advise I saw here on this issues is.

Official rate. You can convert with oanda.com, screenshot, and attach it.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
matic12:
Hello..

I applied on the 4th of january 2017 for M.sc in kinesiology but until now I haven't gotten a feedback from them....
However, am a graduate of medicine and our degree is unclassified(we don't use First Class or second-class).. But my worry is that university of Manitoba minimum requirement is second class upper, how will I convert my grade to the usual first or second class upper degree
Favourable feedback comes around late February - March.

I don't think you should worry about the transcript issue. But if you are, email your program coordinator on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
Daslimo:

If you are doubtful of the documents submitted and can't ascertain de competitive nature of de school & course applied, then you must apply to one more school.. just browse tru de schools you meet dia requirements & apply.. pay application fee and submit required documentations..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
crixcrox:
Hello house good evening, pls I need advice from those already studying in ca. .......
I want to verify from those already in ca what the agent said.

I am in Nigeria and can tell you that your agent is informed, based on my readings. What he/she said is correct somehow and would advise same to you.

However, we don't encourage use of agent in the house. Their are more evil visa agents in Nigeria than good. Many are trapped by them and suffer 5 years ban because of agent stupidity and or applicant greediness.

You can do the whole thing yourself, with advises from people here. Do it yourself. cool

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Igbouwanile(m): 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
Good evening guys, pls i have some questions,and i believe you guys are capable. i applied for undergraduate admission to 3 universities in canada
•brandon university
•dalhouise university
•memorial university.

1. when i pay the application fee, will i be charged using the official rate or black market and i dont have a credit card. Any idea of what i can do
2.Is it compulsory i submit the official NECO certificate. Cant i submit a scanned copy and then attach sctrach card number and pin
3.Can i email a scanned transcript without having to send it through courier
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
crixcrox:
Hello house good evening, pls I need advice from those already studying in ca. My bro asked me to apply to bow valley college practical nursing( I already have a bsc in microbiology 2.1). Well I haven't done so yet I decided to consult an agent here in Nigeria to help me with the whole process from admission to the visa part. The agent made me understand that even if I am given admission by the school it may hinder the trv. He explained the reason been that i already have a degree and it may be difficult convincing the embassy that i really want to go for a diploma( practical nursing). He further advised that i try to gain admission in to an msc program then when the trv comes through that I could school for a while and apply then apply for the nursing program. Please nairalanders I want to verify from those already in ca what the agent said.
Makes sense..truthful advise.... Trust me!
My advise though.. DIY!! (Do It Yourself)
Many guys have been 'wounded' by agent activities in the recent times... Pls beware!!
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by ladylco: 3:01am On Feb 13, 2017
penitential:
On a very serious note now.
Please whoever consulted an agent or an agency whether GVC Or whatsoever agent, should be prepared to bear the risk of whatever consequence(s) the V.O has decided to melt out to him or her.
Something I don't still understand here is; How is it possible that when a prospective applicant wants to apply for TRV, they are usually unaware of this thread, But when they run into CIC hot pot of soup it is then that one angel will open their eyes to this thread to come and derail this thread?
If you as a prospective applicant does not have all the necessary document at present, why not wait till you are able to gather every document needed and submit a very solid application that has integrity rather than visiting an agent that's promising to doctor documents for you when you know the full consequences of doing that?
V.O's aren't fools that they won't be competent enough to detect the same [/b]doctored documents submitted by hundreds of different applicants.
Please i think it's high time the note of warning is sounded here that [b]WHEN YOU RUN INTO CIC HOT TROUBLE, PLEASE GO TO YOUR AGENT OR AGENCY AND LAMENT AND LET HIM/HER PROFER SOLUTION TO YOUR PREDICAMENT.

Cc @justwise.
Thanks.

This rather too harsh! alot of people do not know about Nairaland and those who do may not even know how to navigate around the platfrom. I am an example, it took me several months before I can find my way here and know how to use the platform, so please no one is above mistake.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by joejoe3: 3:58am On Feb 13, 2017
Please I need some advice.
I finished from polytechnic, HND Accountancy. Is there any school and course that will be suitable for me in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 4:31am On Feb 13, 2017
Oladimejii:
Does anyone have any contact at the Police Headquarters, Alagbon? I plan to visit next week to get my police clearance certificate. Also How much does it costs and the requirements?

Send me a pm
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:44am On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=ladylco post=53661900]

This rather too harsh! alot of people do not know about Nairaland and those who do may not even know how to navigate around the platfrom.
I am an example, it took me several months before I can find my way here and know how to use the platform
Please speak for yourself alone.
Also, I want you to know that there are lots of people here that they're not new to the thread. But after coming and seeing what they have to go through, reading for informations, making Google researches, writing S.O.P, L.O.I, stress of gathering and putting different docs together.....and even some THEY DON'T HAVE ALL THE GENUINE DOCUMENTS TO PROVIDE. But for their desperacy to travel out BY ALL MEANS damning the consequences it may have on the country's reputation and other applicants at large, they will go get t he help of an agent/agency. (One of the affected applicant recently said that he patronized the agent because he needed them to help him with strong financial documents for the procurement of Visa what will you call that? Ignorance of the possible outcome? He /she does not know it's fraudulent?.
And after the whole act and their plans uncovered by CIC, then they run back to nairaland to start feigning ignorance of the thread existence or whatever.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 5:50am On Feb 13, 2017
crixcrox:
Hello house good evening, pls I need advice from those already studying in ca. My bro asked me to apply to bow valley college practical nursing( I already have a bsc in microbiology 2.1). Well I haven't done so yet I decided to consult an agent here in Nigeria to help me with the whole process from admission to the visa part. [b]The agent made me understand that even if I am given admission by the school it may hinder the trv. He explained the reason been that i already have a degree and it may be difficult convincing the embassy that i really want to go for a diploma( practical nursing). He further advised that i try to gain admission in to an msc program then when the trv comes through that I could school for a while and apply then apply for the nursing program. [/b]Please nairalanders I want to verify from those already in ca what the agent said.
That's a wise counsel from an experienced agent THAT'S NOT JUST AFTER YOUR MONEY. Please follow the advise and make an academic advancement.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Nobody: 6:40am On Feb 13, 2017
crixcrox:
The agent said it rightly
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:07am On Feb 13, 2017
Igbouwanile:
Osemigho... howfar.. mailed you

I dey. Replied.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by penitential(m): 7:26am On Feb 13, 2017
Yes he can claim that. But how is he going to tackle the presentation of fake docs submitted by the rep? I just hope he will be favored. [quote author=Osemigho post=53658807]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 7:32am On Feb 13, 2017
Hello ladies and gentlemen, most especially awaiters of admission decision, with the exception of those that took plane {e.g. PGC(D)}

Fall 2017 admission decision train is fully ready to take off. Please fasten your seatbelts.
There will be several stopovers for interested passangers to exit and move to the Visa train. Wish us a pacific journey. cool

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 11 by Osemigho: 8:09am On Feb 13, 2017
penitential:
Yes he can claim that. But how is he going to tackle the presentation of fake docs submitted by the rep? I just hope he will be favored.

That will be difficult because he consented to the submission of fake documents. If not, i think stating in d letter, with evidence, that he/she had sue the rep company will go another way to prove innocency.

I know some Nigerians can be desperate, and some do it unknowing of the implications and or out of 9ja frustration.

Sincerely, it breaks my heart when anyone post any of that long ban notification email. So bad that all I think of its impact on their profile and what happened to me during my admission application season..

I was a victim of that trauma when one of my admission application fee, paid by proxy due to internation transaction limit on ATM, was reportedly cancelled by the payer and was given 7 days to repay by bank transfer or be banned and reported to other schools. Had to repay by proxy again, but via a well known fellow at black market rate. In fact, it cost me an extra 20k compare to what the first proxy fellow charged.

I emailed every elder i could think of here about my problem but only one responded. Only one donor was what jesus needed to feed 5k men in the bible. God sincerely use that one person for me. He/she isn't the one that paid the second time but the person helped in some important ways I can not list due to our agreement.

Those period were very challenging emotionally but my helper supported me emotionally, by bank transfer teller checking, etc.

If you are the one that God sent to me, I want you to know I sincerely appreciate it. God bless you.

Please, let us help anyone we can help. Although they maybe desperados, little advise here and there can help and console them in their stormy period. Thank you.

It will end with praises. smiley

I beg, who cut onions for here. cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) ... (405)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.