Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,205 members, 7,953,762 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:37 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (170382 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bjayjay: 6:47pm On Jul 17, 2017
Gurus, good evening. Am using a Acer v5- 131 series. The screen will just turn white and I have to adjust the cover well before it works. I have taken it to different repairers. First it was flex problem which was changed but it still persisted, a new screen was bought but still continued. The last was d video cable which has been changed but it still happens. I need help, don't have money to buy a new one. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
Bjayjay:
Gurus, good evening. Am using a Acer v5- 131 series. The screen will just turn white and I have to adjust the cover well before it works. I have taken it to different repairers. First it was flex problem which was changed but it still persisted, a new screen was bought but still continued. The last was d video cable which has been changed but it still happens. I need help, don't have money to buy a new one. Thanks
After exhausting many troubleshooting options, the next thing is to check the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Bjayjay:

Have you check the signal cable clip, the one that is on the motherboard?

If that clip is damaged you will have to change it cos after all the troubleshooting i feel that's the cause or it might be from the motherboard itself.

If you're in lag, call 08064724259
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
princekami:
am having issues with my laptop, at times I connect my ucom pad, am able to play game but if for some reason my laptop turn off, wen I try playing pes again d pad does not work, but if I should leave it for a while it works again, pls solution,
I know it sounds funny, but it no joke, I can't play games with my pads at will ND dis
is d second pad am buying.

Hope you installed the drivers in the disc you found inside the Pad when you opened it, you need to install it first then do the settings to make it function well.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 8:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
Nwanna2588:
My dell latitude 620 computer laptop is showing black screen when I boot it. What should I do?

Black screen without any character?

I want you to do two things for me.

1. When you on it, check to see if the caplock is working properly (of and on when you press it)

2. On your touch light and point it to the screen, does it display any character?

Reply ASAP
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ayorinde327(m): 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
sotall:
what issue are you experiencing?
They Said I Need 2gb Ram To Install It Bt My System Is 1gb
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ayorinde327:

They Said I Need 2gb Ram To Install It Bt My System Is 1gb
I guess you mean dedicated graphics memory... if that is the case....you can't install it cos it's requirements are higher than what your system has.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ayorinde327(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
sotall:
I guess you mean dedicated graphics memory... if that is the case....you can't install it cos it's requirements are higher than what your system has.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Ayorinde327(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
sotall:
Thanks Bro
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bjayjay: 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
udemzyudex:

If that clip is damaged you will have to change it cos after all the troubleshooting i feel that's the cause or it might be from the motherboard itself.

the signal cable has been changed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bjayjay: 10:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
sotall:
After exhausting many troubleshooting options, the next thing is to check the motherboard.
thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 4:00am On Jul 18, 2017
Bjayjay:
the signal cable has been changed

I'm not talking about the signal cable itself, I'm talking about the clip on the motherboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bjayjay: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
udemzyudex:

I'm not talking about the signal cable itself, I'm talking about the clip on the motherboard.
thanks I will tell the repairer. Would have contacted u but am based in ife.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Brownhypo: 5:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
Good day wonderful minds. I feel so relieved after finding this topic.
please my Groove music player is no longer responding(default music player), using windows 10. AND my windows powershell always display "This operation has been cancelled due to restriction on effect to your compute, contact your administrator". Help me please
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Brownhypo:
Good day wonderful minds. I feel so relieved after finding this topic.
please my Groove music player is no longer responding(default music player), using windows 10. AND my windows powershell always display "This operation has been cancelled due to restriction on effect to your compute, contact your administrator". Help me please
As for the first issue, I will advise you uninstall and reinstall the application.
As for the second issue, log into your computer with the admin account , not guest account.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Adexy4us(m): 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Pls my universal modem just stopped working on my laptop running windows 8: saying USB not recognized... tried all other USB port same thing all through.... pls help
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ItzRichii(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2017
Holla, my dell inspiron N5050 displays black screen after loading windows logo, i'd have to hit the power key to sleep and bring it back again with the power key "It doesn't boot directly"

(This problem mainly occurs in windows 8, 8.1 and windows 10)
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Brownhypo: 7:40am On Jul 19, 2017
sotall:
As for the first issue, I will advise you uninstall and reinstall the application.
As for the second issue, log into your computer with the admin account , not guest account.
Thanks so much for your reply, but no option to uninstall the app. secondly, I log in as admin. I cant figure out why i can't open my powershell
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:56am On Jul 19, 2017
Brownhypo:
Thanks so much for your reply, but no option to uninstall the app. secondly, I log in as admin. I cant figure out why i can't open my powershell
To uninstall the app, go to control panel and click 'installed programs'. In the next menus, navigate to the application you want uninstall and right-click on it, there you should choose ' uninstall'.

For the second issue, next time you want to open power she'll, right click on it and choose " run as administrator"

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Bjayjay: 12:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
udemzyudex:

how much will it cost to change d signal cable clip.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bjayjay:
how much will it cost to change d signal cable clip.

#4, 000 if you have a scrap board it will go for #3, 000
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Brownhypo: 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
sotall:
To uninstall the app, go to control panel and click 'installed programs'. In the next menus, navigate to the application you want uninstall and right-click on it, there you should choose ' uninstall'.

For the second issue, next time you want to open power she'll, right click on it and choose " run as administrator"
thamks. the groove music is a default app not in the program menu. i tried to run the powershell as administrator but still got the same response
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Brownhypo: 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
sotall:

Thanks. the groove music is a default app not in the program menu. i tried to run the powershell as administrator but still got the same response
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
Brownhypo:
Thanks. the groove music is a default app not in the program menu. i tried to run the powershell as administrator but still got the same response
I just hope you don't have virus on your system because applications behaving weird is a sign of virus infection.

You may consider, scanning your computer for virus or back up your important files and reload your system.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by andyjwe(m): 12:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Hello Engineers in the house, please help, I just bought a fairly used Hp probook 6550b for someone... The guy has tampered with it and the sound is no longer coming out even though the media is playing. Please how do I restor it?
I have check the sound settings and volume but I couldn't rectify the issue. Please help. Whatsapp me on 07033533752. Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Soulsamy(m): 1:18am On Jul 20, 2017
pls help me, my external hard drive suddenly stop working. my computer isn't seeing it, I insert it in another computer but they aren't seeing it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drives from device manager but it's not working.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 8:53am On Jul 20, 2017
Soulsamy:
pls help me, my external hard drive suddenly stop working. my computer isn't seeing it, I insert it in another computer but they aren't seeing it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled drives from device manager but it's not working.

Since two computers aren't seeing it, then the problem is more of your hard drive, its connector, or cable.

Try another external hard drive connector cable and see if there will be a difference.
If when you plug in the external hard drive to your system, the blue led indicator comes on but your system isn't seeing it, your hard drive maybe gone .
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ctrlunlimited: 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2017
udemzyudex:

#4, 000 if you have a scrap board it will go for #3, 000

My dell laptop displays flicker screen at times but when the screen frame is adjusted back and forth it becomes normal
what could be the cause.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 1:06pm On Jul 20, 2017
ctrlunlimited:

My dell laptop displays flicker screen at times but when the screen frame is adjusted back and forth it becomes normal
what could be the cause.

The signal cable..
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 1:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
andyjwe:
Hello Engineers in the house, please help, I just bought a fairly used Hp probook 6550b for someone... The guy has tampered with it and the sound is no longer coming out even though the media is playing. Please how do I restor it?
I have check the sound settings and volume but I couldn't rectify the issue. Please help. Whatsapp me on 07033533752. Thanks

Do a default reset in the setup, then save settings ,after that, test it to see if you can hear the sound with earpiece..
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Brownhypo: 7:09pm On Jul 20, 2017
sotall:
I just hope you don't have virus on your system because applications behaving weird is a sign of virus infection.

You may consider, scanning your computer for virus or back up your important files and reload your system.
Thanks so much . The app is working perfectly now, i appreciate
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adeola39: 7:59am On Jul 21, 2017
sir i just bought ..Hp laptop ..london use .the moment am charging it ....everytin..wil be słów ..includin the video..the music wil be słów and skipping

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (107) (Reply)

Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / How To Activate Windows 7 Using Cmd Permanently / Product Key For Windows 8 And 8.1 Activation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.