Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:41 PM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (170287 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 7:17pm On Feb 28, 2018
sympathy55:
hello guys, my Toshiba satellite 305 is having a touchpad problem, it moves the cursor but not clicking. when you want to click on a folder or anything it will not. pls help.

It needs to be change
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by TargetedTraffic: 5:11am On Mar 01, 2018
My lappy has crazy loud sound fan, why is that?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 7:20am On Mar 01, 2018
TargetedTraffic:
My lappy has crazy loud sound fan, why is that?

Something is blocking it from blowing well or it might be a bad fan, one need to check and confirm.

I'll advice you take it to an engineer for checkup.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Frezhkid10(m): 5:55pm On Mar 01, 2018
My computer is not seeing my hard disk...but I can still hear the hard disk spinning...what could be the problem...tried to run diagnostics..but its telling me stat something not found..tried loading anoda windows software...buh it's telling me..no device driver found..is it that the hard disk is bad or the driver for the hard disk is missing....all these issues happened when I updated windows
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 7:25am On Mar 02, 2018
Frezhkid10:
My computer is not seeing my hard disk...but I can still hear the hard disk spinning...what could be the problem...tried to run diagnostics..but its telling me stat something not found..tried loading anoda windows software...buh it's telling me..no device driver found..is it that the hard disk is bad or the driver for the hard disk is missing....all these issues happened when I updated windows
The hard drive is most likely bad. If the noise from the hard drive spinning is so audible, then it's likely it has crashed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kodded(m): 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2018
@sotall

please help, my laptop with windows 10 can't recognize any USB port, for example I can charge my phone with the USB port, but I can't send files to my Laptop because it is not showing any sign that my phone is plunged into the laptop,

same with my USB game pad, the light in the analog is not even coming on, and the computer refuse to recognized the gamepad

same thing with my USB flash drive, my laptop does not recognize it either, as if the USB port is not working

.... I can't send any files to my laptop again because my computer is not showing any thing plunged into it via USB and my laptop has now turned into a power bank and it's really frustrating mehn...... cry

...and PS I have tried uninstall and install the usb again ,but still no solution or is it my windows operating system cry ?

please epp me biko
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:10pm On Mar 02, 2018
kodded:
@sotall

please help, my laptop with windows 10 can't recognize any USB port, for example I can charge my phone with the USB port, but I can't send files to my Laptop because it is not showing any sign that my phone is plunged into the laptop,

same with my USB game pad, the light in the analog is not even coming on, and the computer refuse to recognized the gamepad

same thing with my USB flash drive, my laptop does not recognize it either, as if the USB port is not working

.... I can't send any files to my laptop again because my computer is not showing any thing plunged into it via USB and my laptop has now turned into a power bank and it's really frustrating mehn...... cry

...and PS I have tried uninstall and install the usb again ,but still no solution or is it my windows operating system cry ?

please epp me biko
you have done quite a lot of troubleshooting . I will advise at this point you see a technician
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by deazy(m): 10:57am On Mar 16, 2018
http://sharearns.com/?id=4513#sthash.IOgtwH19.xiqq
Please y'all just help me click this link and after it loads you can exit your browser. Or sign up if interested
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by gafmod: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2018
few of the buttons on my laptops are not responding,want to know if there's wayout. Thank you.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:17am On Mar 17, 2018
gafmod:
few of the buttons on my laptops are not responding,want to know if there's wayout. Thank you.

Best solution is outright replacement of the keyboard.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 9:38am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello.. house
please my Hp all-in-one desktop PC shutdown while playing a game and ever since then it doesn't turn on. When plugged to power, it shows no sign whatsoever that it is plugged to power. I have changed the CMOS battery and yet is still didn't work. The adapter cable is perfectly ok.

What could be wrong
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by bluewles33: 9:57am On Mar 19, 2018
Pls my system has refused to enter windows since yesterday.. I actually updated my windows 8 to Windows 10 yesterday, the installation process was completed.
Only that the system was configuring apps before i had a flat battery and the system went off. I later charge it but it refused to enter windows, only. displaying blank page with mouse icon. Please help me out
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:34am On Mar 19, 2018
bluewles33:
Pls my system has refused to enter windows since yesterday.. I actually updated my windows 8 to Windows 10 yesterday, the installation process was completed.
Only that the system was configuring apps before i had a flat battery and the system went off. I later charge it but it refused to enter windows, only. displaying blank page with mouse icon. Please help me out
I have answered this your question on the other thread
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by rj45plug: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2018
These are d images I see on my laptop screen after switching it ON. History: This laptop actually fell on d ground with d screen broken and after I changed d screen and few days later a vertical white line was seen after booting and it remains like dat whenever am using d laptop until I switch off. After several months gone, recently, each time after switching d laptop ON, it displays Hard disk error as shown in d images I sent thereby preventing it from booting. Pls, what do I do?

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by rj45plug: 9:56am On Mar 23, 2018
ON testing, it can also display dis image

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 10:53am On Mar 23, 2018
rj45plug:

The RTC isn't saving your system settings hence the laptop fails to boot from the hard drive.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by rj45plug: 5:45pm On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=sotall post=66085097]

The RTC isn't saving your system settings hence the laptop fails to boot from the hard drive.

I so much appreciate ur effort Sotall. But, pls, what does RTC mean? Can u throw more light on what ur reason means. What possible REMEDY will u give me. Thank you
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 5:48pm On Mar 23, 2018
[quote author=rj45plug post=66095716][/quote]
It's the battery system in your motherboard that helps to save system settings. There is a process to follow to rectify that issue but first your CMOS battery need to be changed
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Jintata: 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2018
Hello,

Where can I get screws to hold my hard drive to the casing of my Dell latitude E6320 laptop.

Thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:42am On Mar 24, 2018
Jintata:
Hello,

Where can I get screws to hold my hard drive to the casing of my Dell latitude E6320 laptop.

Thanks
Visit your nearest technician or if you are in Lagos, call or WhatsApp me on 08164685979
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:44am On Mar 24, 2018
rj45plug:
Come to my WhatsApp , I have a few steps you can take to rectify the issue. 08164685979
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by leekiano(m): 8:11am On Mar 26, 2018
pls I try to install NET framework 4 on my laptop windows 10 HP 6735s but the reply am getting is installation did not succeed fatal error during installation. pls help out . WINDOWS 7
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by SageTravels: 9:08am On Mar 26, 2018
I have a compaq presario cq56 and it freezes regularly after about 10 mins when I'm watching movies but every other thing is working fine. I'm using windows 8.1 pro.

Any solution.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2018
leekiano:
pls I try to install NET framework 4 on my laptop windows 10 HP 6735s but the reply am getting is installation did not succeed fatal error during installation. pls help out . WINDOWS 7
try installing another version probably lower versions like 3.4 or 3.5
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by onecornerboy(m): 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2018
It there anything lyk wifi card
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by leekiano(m): 2:19pm On Mar 26, 2018
sotall:
try installing another version probably lower versions like 3.4 or 3.5
But I need 4 because of a game that I want to install
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:24pm On Mar 26, 2018
leekiano:

But I need 4 because of a game that I want to install

There are different versions of 4

Try another one
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:26pm On Mar 26, 2018
SageTravels:
I have a compaq presario cq56 and it freezes regularly after about 10 mins when I'm watching movies but every other thing is working fine. I'm using windows 8.1 pro.

Any solution.
Did you recently install a new OS without installing the video drivers?

The absence of the video drivers is usually responsible for what you are experiencing.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 2:27pm On Mar 26, 2018
onecornerboy:
It there anything lyk wifi card
yes, it's on every laptop. Responsible for wifi connectivity on your system
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by SageTravels: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2018
sotall:

Did you recently install a new OS without installing the video drivers?

The absence of the video drivers is usually responsible for what you are experiencing.

the video driver is there and up-to-date.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 9:34am On Mar 27, 2018
SageTravels:

the video driver is there and up-to-date.
Ok...can you snap and send a picture of your home screen?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by abbeycom101(m): 3:48pm On Mar 27, 2018
my system speaker is bad

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (107) (Reply)

Unlock Huawei E303 Modem And All Stubborn Modem Unlock Difficulties Solved! / How To Activate Windows 7 Using Cmd Permanently / Product Key For Windows 8 And 8.1 Activation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.