Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:58 AM

Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself - Computers (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself (161429 Views)

Repair All Laptop Problems (do It Yourself ) / Post Your Laptop Problems / Small Cylinder In Your Laptop Charger: Ever Wondered What It Is For (afriwap) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by 3DCYCLOPS: 9:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
udemzyudex:

That was the mistake you did, you should have tested it where you bought it, whether nepa light or not.

Fault might be from motherboard, the charging ic is not getting power supply to it or the smb_clk and smb_data is not communicating with the sio chip.

Before that, take it back to where you bought the ba3 and try another one, if after it still stuck at 50% with plugin in charging then see a laptop engineer.

Thanks for your reply, now the battery doesn't charge at all and was on 0 percent before i finally took it off, but still shows (plugged in, charging). In case its from the motherboard as you stated, what's the price range to get it fixed?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 9:59pm On Jun 10, 2018
3DCYCLOPS:

Thanks for your reply, now the battery doesn't charge at all and was on 0 percent before i finally took it off, but still shows (plugged in, charging). In case its from the motherboard as you stated, what's the price range to get it fixed?

The battery is drain,i can't really say the price but it should be around 5k-7k depending on the engineer
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adibo(m): 1:39am On Jun 11, 2018
Obagoblog:

Is the black screen showing a blinking underscore at the top left corner of the screen? If your answer is yes, do any these things:

1. Immediately you boot your laptop, start pressing F8 continuously to restore your laptop settings to the initial settings before it was before you scan it.

2. When you on your laptop, try and enter the boot menu. If you are able to load the boot menu successfully, then the best thing to do is to format the system partially. Make sure you keep your files.

3. If you're unable to load the boot menu, try and get another hard disk maybe from a friend and test it on your laptop. If it boot in successfully, then you need to replace your hard disk
Thanks so much for this. I hv browsed thru hp support pages and various international pc repair sites but only found the solution here. I appreciate your help. I am new here. I bought a UK used hp elitebook 8570p system on the 1st of June. On Saturday, I played pes on it for some hours, then put it off. Everything seemed normal. Only for me to turn it on yesterday and it refused to display anything, but the led lights came on and the fan was spinning.
I tried several tins yet it did not work. I saw this ur post and pressed f8 and it came on finally and is working well FOR NOW.
What do I do? Do I continue using the system or do you think I need to return the laptop to the seller?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adibo(m): 1:54am On Jun 11, 2018
adibo:

Thanks so much for this. I am new here. I bought a UK used hp elitebook 8570p system on the 1st of June. On Saturday, I played pes on it for some hours, then put it off. Everything seemed normal. Only for me to turn it on yesterday and it refused to display anything, but the led lights came on and the fan was spinning.
I tried several tins yet it did not work. I saw this ur post and pressed f8 and it came on finally and is working well FOR NOW.
What do I do? Do I continue using the system or do you think I need to return the laptop to the seller?
Also, what could have been the cause of this?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Obagoblog(m): 11:19am On Jun 11, 2018
adibo:

Thanks so much for this. I hv browsed thru hp support pages and various international pc repair sites but only found the solution here. I appreciate your help. I am new here. I bought a UK used hp elitebook 8570p system on the 1st of June. On Saturday, I played pes on it for some hours, then put it off. Everything seemed normal. Only for me to turn it on yesterday and it refused to display anything, but the led lights came on and the fan was spinning.

Keep using it and make sure you get a good and activated antivirus for your system
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by adibo(m): 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2018
Obagoblog:

Keep using it and make sure you get a good and activated antivirus for your system
OK, thanks.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Samcenation(m): 7:51am On Jun 16, 2018
Good morning house, i tried switching on my system today, but immediately it comes up it shuts down without booting. Please what could be the problem and a possible solution. I got it this year april. It's dell
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 16, 2018
bro.. ive been trying to remove a Trojan/ malware virus from my dell latitude d630 laptop, my windows defender couldn't remove it and my 360 anti virus could not even detect it. how can I remove it successfully. thanks
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 7:27pm On Jun 16, 2018
Samcenation:
Good morning house, i tried switching on my system today, but immediately it comes up it shuts down without booting. Please what could be the problem and a possible solution. I got it this year april. It's dell

It needs troubleshooting, fault might be from processor, or no core voltage, ram section not walking or corrupt me region (Bios)

Take it to an engineer closer to you for checkup.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 7:28pm On Jun 16, 2018
Abajosax007:
bro.. ive been trying to remove a Trojan/ malware virus from my dell latitude d630 laptop, my windows defender couldn't remove it and my 360 anti virus could not even detect it. how can I remove it successfully. thanks

Just format or reinstall the operating system if you don't want to go through all the wahala.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 9:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
udemzyudex:

Just format or reinstall the operating system if you don't want to go through all the wahala.

Or maybe one more wahala before he formats grin

Here: update the virus database of your 360, then scan.

Or final wahala grin

Here: disable the 360 Antivirus. Scan using the win defender... The defender is expected to automatically update...

Too much wahala already shocked I'm out

*cheers *
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 10:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
Razak5:

Or maybe one more wahala before he formats grin

Here: update the virus database of your 360, then scan.

Or final wahala grin

Here: disable the 360 Antivirus. Scan using the win defender... The defender is expected to automatically update...

Too much wahala already shocked I'm out

*cheers *

grin grin
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
udemzyudex:

wow!!... are there any other way around formatting
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2018
Abajosax007:
wow!!... are there any other way around formatting

You said you used 360 total security, how did you use it?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
Razak5:

You said you used 360 total security, how did you use it?
i ran a full scan with it and though it detected some malware and deleted them, I still experience interruptions when using my laptop. only my windows defender was able to detect it but couldn't delete it even though I had just updated my 360 to the latest update available.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Abajosax007:
i ran a full scan with it and though it detected some malware and deleted them, I still experience interruptions when using my laptop. only my windows defender was able to detect it but couldn't delete it even though I had just updated my 360 to the latest update available.

Ok, now you're saying something - " interruption

What kind of interruption? Is there an error message?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
Razak5:

Ok, now you're saying something - " interruption

What kind of interruption? Is there an error message?
ok.. ill try to describe it as best as I can. it happens any time I'm reading with on the laptop or if im not pressing any buttons. its like the laptop is rebooting or its refreshed,.. I hope you get it
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Joeysage(m): 8:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
I installed monopoly plus on my laptop frm oceanodgames bt when i try to open it says 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application.
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 8:20pm On Jun 19, 2018
Abajosax007:
ok.. ill try to describe it as best as I can. it happens any time I'm reading with on the laptop or if im not pressing any buttons. its like the laptop is rebooting or its refreshed,.. I hope you get it

This is a problem with too many start up processes or too many services auto starting in the background.

So what you have is a system trying to refresh after a services has been started.

This usually happens after a prolonged usage of the OS, you probably bought the system with the OS already installed... (how could you have known)

Funny thing is, a virus might not be responsible!!!

Back up your files, and Re-install (format) your operating system. Your PC needs some fresh start.

your other way out would have been to start turning each services on or off or tweaking some background processes, but this one na ișé áíyé grin (ask your yoruba friends)

*cheers*
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 8:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
Joeysage:
I installed monopoly plus on my laptop frm oceanodgames bt when i try to open it says 'The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click ok to close the application.

The application can work again.
Follow instructions here: https://www.techcrises.com/how-to/how-to-fix-error-code-0xc000007b-in-windows-7-8-8-1/

And no! This isn't my link.

Let me warn though - that there are more techy aspects which you may not be able to carry out either due to limited knowledge or sheer fear of risk - Know what you're doing.... DIY at your own risk.

* cheers *
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Razak5:

This is a problem with too many start up processes or too many services auto starting in the background.

So what you have is a system trying to refresh after a services has been started.

This usually happens after a prolonged usage of the OS, you probably bought the system with the OS already installed... (how could you have known)

Back up your files, and Re-install (format) your operating system. Your PC needs some fresh start.

your other way out would have been to start turning each services on or off or tweaking some background processes, but this one na ișé áíyé grin (ask your yoruba friends)

*cheers*
lol... I'm Yoruba.. thanks anyway, I hope there's no adverse effect if I don't do it soon
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 4:14am On Jun 22, 2018
Razak5:

*cheers*
Lol, it won't take much time.

Just press the windows key and type in "msconfig" then click enter.
A dialogue box will appear, click on startup and unmark those apps installed on your laptop, after that click apply.
Abajosax007
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
udemzyudex:

Lol, it won't take much time.

Just press the windows key and type in "msconfig" then click enter.
A dialogue box will appear, click on startup and unmark those apps installed on your laptop, after that click apply.
Abajosax007
thanks i'll give it a try
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ninety5: 3:53am On Jun 29, 2018
Hello Sotall, thanks for the great work you are doing over here.

I am unable to update or install display drivers on my hp elitebook 8460p, whenever i try installing or updating it, the screen always goes blank.
Below are of the pictures i took of the device manager. Please what do i do?

Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by sotall(m): 6:04am On Jun 29, 2018
ninety5:
Hello Sotall, thanks for the great work you are doing over here.

I am unable to update or install display drivers on my hp elitebook 8460p, whenever i try installing or updating it, the screen always goes blank.
Below are of the pictures i took of the device manager. Please what do i do?
I guess you are on Windows 10 and you just installed a fresh OS.

To install the drivers for your video card , you either download it from Hp website using the model number of your system as a guide or wait for windows update to help you download it automatically .

All you need to do is just connect your system to the internet and wait for windows update to download and install updates as well as certain drivers such as the one for your video card
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ninety5: 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2018
I also did try that one, and it went blank while it was installing. What else can I do, bro?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by kodded(m): 7:25am On Jun 30, 2018
so guys I want to ask if a laptop motherboard can be fried even if the led light close to the charging port comes on when charging the laptop

NB the power switch is bad, so I want to know if its worth buying a new power switch or just abandoning the laptop
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Finstar: 8:20am On Jun 30, 2018
Hey guys... I need help ooh..

I'm using elitebook 8440p...

I discovered that whenever I'm playing music and doing something else with the system, along the way, it would give out a distorted sound like krirkrirkrirkri, it will freeze for a moment and then shut down. This has been the norm until yesterday when it shut down and refused to boot.. I don't know if it's power surge cause when I checked, there was no longer power.

What it now does is this... If I press the power button.. It will boot, the LCD lights will come on and shut down almost immediately, not even allowing the screen to show some backlight.

The person I gave to find the problem is saying is caused by the AC and that it needs to be replaced.. They they need to find the exact AC of the system which is not easy to find.. Seriously don't understand what he meant by that lol..

Who can please guide me? Need to start using my system again
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by superman1073: 9:30pm On Jun 30, 2018
Hi,my hp laptop model HP G60-235DX just stopped working. I was told the motherboard has been affected. What do I do now pls?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by Razak5(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2018
superman1073:
Hi,my hp laptop model HP G60-235DX just stopped working. I was told the motherboard has been affected. What do I do now pls?

Hello.

The issue here is this, was it the engineer that told your that ? If yes, I want to assume that there was an extensive diagnoses carried out on the laptop before arriving at such conclusion.

The way out will be to replace the motherboard.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by udemzyudex(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
superman1073:

What did they say is the problem with it?
Re: Post Your Laptop Problems Here And Get Solution To Fix It Yourself by ninety5: 12:01pm On Jul 06, 2018
udemzyudex:

What did they say is the problem with it?
Please bro, respond to my initial post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (107) (Reply)

How Can Remove A .rar Password / Download Your Huawei And ZTE Modem Unlocker Here!!! / 100 Keyboard Shortcuts (windows)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.