Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,097 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists (1955 Views)

Hilarious But The Truth About Pastor Adeboye's Message (pics) / The Truth About Atheists / ----one Big Misconception Theists Have About Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:26pm On Aug 28, 2016
If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. --Evelyn Underhill

"The worst moment for the atheist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank." - Dante Gabriel Rossetti

"How else can you fight God but to pretend He doesn't exist?" - Chris Bowyer

"An atheist is one who hopes the Lord will do nothing to disturb his disbelief." -Franklin Jones

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. --Francis Bacon

If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed. -Annie Dillard

To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

Without God man has no reference point to define himself. 20th century philosophy manifests the chaos of man seeking to understand himself as a creature with dignity while having no reference point for that dignity. --R. C. Sproul

Those who believe they believe in God but without passion in the heart, without anguish of mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God, and not in God himself. --Madeleine L'Engle

God is not discoverable or demonstrable by purely scientific means, unfortunately for the scientifically minded. But that really proves nothing. It simply means that the wrong instruments are being used for the job. - J.B. Phillips

A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol. -Deitrich Bonhoeffer

I'm still an atheist, thank God. -Luis Bunuel

In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners. -- Jonathon Miller

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists. --Mohandas Gandhi

Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist. --C. S. Lewis

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. -- Tom Stoppard

Can one be a saint if God does not exist? That is the only concrete problem I know of today. ?Albert Camus

If there be a God and one has never sought him, it will be small consolation to remember that one could not get proof of His existence. ?George MacDonald

Still, even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior. -Vox Day

A disbelief in God does not result in a belief in nothing; disbelief in God usually results in a belief in anything.? -Unknown

I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.--Abraham Lincoln

A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower. --C.S. Lewis

God will not take shelter behind a jugglery of logic or metaphysics. He is neither a schoolman nor theologian, but our Father in Heaven. ?George MacDonald

Let Me pause here for now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:37pm On Aug 28, 2016
funny pics too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
[
OLUJOSHINS:
If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped. --Evelyn Underhill

So true, that's why we dont understand the Flying Spaghetti Monster, praise be to his sauce, R'Amen

OLUJOSHINS:

"The worst moment for the atheist is when he feels thankful and has no one to thank." - Dante Gabriel Rossetti

I wanna take this time out to thank everyone that's been involved in my life's journey so far

OLUJOSHINS:

"How else can you fight God but to pretend He doesn't exist?" - Chris Bowyer

Fight? Who's fighting an imaginary being? We are fighting those who have put all their trust in that imaginary being and want us to do the same, early morning preachers, church loudspeakers etc, heck, our political nominees use it to curry votes

OLUJOSHINS:

"An atheist is one who hopes the Lord will do nothing to disturb his disbelief." -Franklin Jones

Same way you feel about Vishnu
OLUJOSHINS:

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion. --Francis Bacon
Depth in philosophy? Lmao

OLUJOSHINS:

If we were to judge nature by common sense or likelihood, we wouldn't believe the world existed. -Annie Dillard

Eh? How about the tooth fairy? Does that mean it exists too?

OLUJOSHINS:

To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, "I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge" --Ravi Zacharias

There is no proof for the existence of any god, that's what atheism is about

OLUJOSHINS:

Without God man has no reference point to define himself. . --R. C. Sproul
So man created god to have that "reference point"; makes sense now

OLUJOSHINS:

God is not discoverable or demonstrable by purely scientific means, unfortunately for the scientifically minded. But that really proves nothing. It simply means that the wrong instruments are being used for the job. - J.B. Phillips

The same god that was interfering with day to day lives of people in the bible suddenly stopped?

Oh! He hasn't stopped you say? Okay, tell him to reveal my real name to you, I'll wait

OLUJOSHINS:

A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol. -Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Makes no sense, so there's no proof afterall just make believe

OLUJOSHINS:

I'm still an atheist, thank God. -Luis Bunuel

Idiotic quote

OLUJOSHINS:

In some awful, strange, paradoxical way, atheists tend to take religion more seriously than the practitioners. -- Jonathon Miller

Take religion more seriously? Let him use Nigeria as a case study, I'm sure that quote of his would change fast

OLUJOSHINS:

It amazes me to find an intelligent person who fights against something which he does not at all believe exists. --Mohandas Gandhi

Atheists don't fight against god, we poke holes and show the stupidity of believing in imaginary being
OLUJOSHINS:

Atheists express their rage against God although in their view He does not exist. --C. S. Lewis
Another one, refer to the above
OLUJOSHINS:

Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God. -- Tom Stoppard
Makes no sense
OLUJOSHINS:

Can one be a saint if God does not exist? That is the only concrete problem I know of today. ?Albert Camus

Do these people even know what atheism mean?
OLUJOSHINS:

If there be a God and one has never sought him, it will be small consolation to remember that one could not get proof of His existence. ?George MacDonald
Still, even the most admirable of atheists is nothing more than a moral parasite, living his life based on borrowed ethics. This is why, when pressed, the atheist will often attempt to hide his lack of conviction in his own beliefs behind some poorly formulated utilitarianism, or argue that he acts out of altruistic self-interest. But this is only post-facto rationalization, not reason or rational behavior. -Vox Day
A disbelief in God does not result in a belief in nothing; disbelief in God usually results in a belief in anything.? -Unknown
I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how he could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.--Abraham Lincoln
A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower. --C.S. Lewis
God will not take shelter behind a jugglery of logic or metaphysics. He is neither a schoolman nor theologian, but our Father in Heaven. ?George MacDonald
Let Me pause here for now.

All bullsheet

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 7:41pm On Aug 28, 2016
Eh?
Okay
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:42pm On Aug 28, 2016
Cc:lalasticlala
Dominique
Mynd44
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by Ishilove: 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
Cc:lalasticlala
Ishilove
Dominique
Mynd44
I'm not a mod pleax. Tenks

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Wow. always thought U were.
sorry for the mix up
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2016
Ishilove:

sorry for the mix up
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by Ishilove: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

sorry for the mix up
No p. I used to be but I stopped modding a long time ago.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 8:16pm On Aug 28, 2016
The one true god

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:28pm On Aug 28, 2016
grin grin grin grin

Dear hopefulLandlord,
kindly go through Ur response to these quotes.

Do U detect rage & confusion?

If yes, Then obviously, Ur conscience has launched world war 2 with U. grin

if no, then I really think U need to read one of those books that talk about temperament.

Now going to Ur moniker. hopefulLandlord

Who do U attach Ur hope to?
The air?
Ur brain? or the contents thereof?

grin grin grin

The fact that U believe in hope. But U don't believe in God is exceedingly funny to me.

& for the part where U were expecting me to come Up with Ur name, my dear, I'm not a magician. A magician will easily come up with Ur name.

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
more quotes for U hopefulLandlord.

The turning point in our lives is when we stop seeking the God we want and start seeking the God who is. --- Patrick Morley

I believe in God as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. --C. S. Lewis

"Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning..." - C.S. Lewis

"The atheist has no hope." - J.F. Clarke

2 Likes

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:
grin grin grin grin

Dear hopefulLandlord,
kindly go through Ur response to these quotes.

Do U detect rage & confusion?

Nope

If yes, Then obviously, Ur conscience has launched world war 2 with U. grin

if no, then I really think U need to read one of those books that talk about temperament.

Hahahahahahahahaha

So you think my replies are angry? Okay your interpretation

OLUJOSHINS:

Now going to Ur moniker. hopefulLandlord

Who do U attach Ur hope to?
The air?
Ur brain? or the contents thereof?

The fact that U believe in hope. But U don't believe in God is exceedingly funny to me.

Christians have the hope that at the end of time:
all pain and suffering will end for the righteous
every evildoer will be punished, every good person rewarded
those who believed in Jesus will be sent to a place of eternal bliss and reunited with their loved ones
That’s a lot of hope. It’s false hope, but it’s a lot of it. Do atheists have less hope than that?
Yup.
Atheists have less hope than Christians have in the same way that adults have less hope than young children on Christmas Eve. The adults know that special gifts do not come from a jolly man in the sky with infinite resources. Young children – and Christians – have not yet grasped this.
But this does not mean atheists are without hope. It just means we hope for more realistic goals. It also means we face reality square in the face, figure out how reality works, and use that knowledge to better mankind.

& for the part where U were expecting me to come Up with Ur name, my dear, I'm not a magician. A magician will easily come up with Ur name.

So, your holy spirit can't reveal my name to you but a magician can?

Nice one

NB: I would've turned these on you but no, I've changed

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by ValentineMary(m): 8:53pm On Aug 28, 2016
undecided Xtians need to up their game. Like seriously this type of argument is disappointing. Gone are the days when we had logical good argument with xtians.

3 Likes

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 8:57pm On Aug 28, 2016
ValentineMary:
undecided Xtians need to up their game. Like seriously this type of argument is disappointing. Gone are the days when we had logical good argument with xtians.

I want to believe that the creator of this thread is new to theist/atheist arguments, so I decided to be much more lenient
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:07pm On Aug 28, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Nope

So, your holy spirit can't reveal my name to you but a magician can?

Nice one

Ahh, sorry bro. The Holy Spirit is not a magic spirit that U can easily control to do Your bidding.

He is a dispensation of "Celestiality"
He is a witness
A Comforter
A Confirmer
A Guardian
A Protector
A Brother
A Friend

grin grin grin grin

I know all I said above sound like Latin to U. grin

Don't worry. By His mercies, He will give U salvation again.

Though U have expressly rejected the Light, I know that by His grace, U will be saved again.

Now going back to Ur reply:
magic /ˈmadʒɪk/
noun
the power of apparently influencing events by
using mysterious or supernatural forces.

miracle /ˈmɪrək(ə)l/
noun
an extraordinary and welcome event that is not
explicable by natural or scientific laws and is
therefore attributed to a divine agency.

I repeat MY GOD IS NOT A MAGICIAN.

He is a Miracle Worker.
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:14pm On Aug 28, 2016
ValentineMary:

After examining Ur moniker, all I have to say to U is this:

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS

Or has it never dawned on U that U suddenly know too much than those who christened U Valentine?
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by DeSepiero(m): 10:44pm On Aug 28, 2016
the op has nothing to say
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by ashjay001(m): 7:05am On Aug 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Eh?

Na wa for u o! Atheist with greater minds dan u, av pretended not to see ds post, but u, in all ur glorified ignorance, can't just look away?! U had to come show ur ignorance or limited knowledge ba?!

Well, ur excuse for infinite knowledge just shows how bullsheet ur knowledge is!

1 Like

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by ashjay001(m): 7:11am On Aug 29, 2016
DeSepiero:
hopefulLandlord:
The one true god
DeSepiero:

And they mock ur belief!
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:20am On Aug 29, 2016
DeSepiero:

grin grin grin
adverse effects of being dumbfounded
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 7:32am On Aug 29, 2016
ashjay001:

Na wa for u o! Atheist with greater minds dan u, av pretended not to see ds post, but u, in all ur glorified ignorance, can't just look away?! U had to come show ur ignorance or limited knowledge ba?!

Well, ur excuse for infinite knowledge just shows how bullsheet ur knowledge is!

And I'm the one "responding in anger"

I'll let you go off easy this time
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by Richirich713: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2016
shocked ... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by ashjay001(m): 10:33am On Aug 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

And I'm the one "responding in anger"
I'll let you go off easy this time

Go off easy ke? Kill me, u must kill me today! Lol

1 Like

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by ashjay001(m): 10:38am On Aug 29, 2016
Richirich713:
shocked ... grin

It never ceases to amaze me: to see intelligent men, making sense out of nonsense! Something out of nothing indeed!
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 10:47am On Aug 29, 2016
ashjay001:

Go off easy ke? Kill me, u must kill me today! Lol

If you're so determined to die, you go to your fellow theists, they're known to kill for their god
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by hopefulLandlord: 10:54am On Aug 29, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

After examining Ur moniker, all I have to say to U is this:

GO BACK TO YOUR ROOTS

Or has it never dawned on U that U suddenly know too much than those who christened U Valentine?

Going back to her roots would mean worshipping one of our local gods, I hope you have no issues with that?

1 Like

Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by ashjay001(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

If you're so determined to die, you go to your fellow theists, they're known to kill for their god

Atheists av been known to kill far more than any theist can! Infact, they av been more brutal cos of their unbelief!
Re: Hilarious But True Quotes About Atheists by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Going back to her roots would mean worshipping one of our local gods, I hope you have no issues with that?

hopefulLandlord.

The atheist that believe in Hope. grin grin grin

maybe U hope in Ur strength. That one day, Ur strength will make U a landlord.
Or in Ur job
Or in Ur understanding. grin grin

As an intelligent or realistic individual, the concept of hope should actually be very far from You.

U should only work on practical things & jump to scientific conclusions. grin grin grin

Okay. no more teasing.

I think I now understand how U eventually found Urself in this rebellious state.

U never understood the steps to Hearing from God.
U never understood the Possibility of a Triune God. U always wondered: How can Three People be One Person.
U surrounded Yourself with people that "just think they are saved".
U studied the corrupt nature of The false prophets & jumped to conclusions like an average Lagos girl.
And the final blow was Ur Examination of happenings of the last days.
U completely forgot that these happenings were predicted thousands of Years ago in the book of Revelations.

Wait a minute. I don't think U even "meditated" on the Word of God.

Y I come dey quote revelation for U naa?

Nna, If U continue in this path & Ur time just run out, na Hell be dat ooooo.

I no know no dey there ooooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The "God Didn't/can't/hasn't/will Never Abandon You" Problem. / Money Cometh To Me Now - Prosperity Preaching At The Highest Level / Xtians Can Someone Explain (trinity) For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.