Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" (1926 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Where In The Quran Did It Say The Bible Has Been Corrupted? / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 9:50pm On Aug 28, 2016
Lets start with the geneis in the Bible:

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Do u know that No place in the Bible Is Universe Mentioned?

For Argument Sake Ill Define What A universe is:

noun 
(plural universes)

The sum of everything that exists in the cosmos, including time and space itself.

Wiki:
The Universe is all of time and space and its contents. The Universe includes planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, the smallest subatomic particles, and all matter and energy. The observable universe is about 28 billion parsecs (91 billion light-years) in diameter at the present time. The size of the whole Universe is not known and may be either finite or infinite. Observations and the development of physical theories have led to inferences about the composition and evolution of the Universe.

Christians where Did it say in the bible that God created the Universe?

World is a common name for the whole of human civilization, specifically human experience, history, or the human condition in general, worldwide, i.e. anywhere on Earth or pertaining to anywhere on Earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2016
grin apologist oya start to search Ur Bible for Universe
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2016
lipsrsealed are they checking the Hebrew Bible now shocked
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
John 1:3 - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Pathetic atheists... Now tell me all things doesn't necessarily mean all....smh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

noun 
(plural universes)

The sum of everything that exists in the cosmos, including time and space itself.

Wiki:
The Universe is all of time and space and its contents. The Universe includes planets, stars, galaxies, the contents of intergalactic space, the smallest subatomic particles, and all matter and energy. The observable universe is about 28 billion parsecs (91 billion light-years) in diameter at the present time. The size of the whole Universe is not known and may be either finite or infinite. Observations and the development of physical theories have led to inferences about the composition and evolution of the Universe.

World is a common name for the whole of human civilization, specifically human experience, history, or the human condition in general, worldwide, i.e. anywhere on Earth or pertaining to anywhere on Earth.

Genesis 1: 1 ------ in the beginning God created the HEAVENS and the earth!

There is a clear difference between the creation of the HEAVENS and the EARTH. This shows that the HEAVENS (UNIVERSE OR COSMOS) was first created before he now focussed on the creation of the earth.

Dictionary meaning of heavens is attached

Heavens is literarily meant to be the sky, especially perceived as a vault in which the sun, moon, stars, and planets are situated.
"Galileo used a telescope to observe the heavens"
synonyms: the sky, the skies, the upper atmosphere, the stratosphere; literarythe firmament, the vault of heaven, the blue, the (wide) blue yonder, the welkin, the ether, the empyrean, the azure, the upper regions, the sphere, the celestial sphere

Amenra01 go and get yourself some sense!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by hopefulLandlord: 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
4everGod:

There is a clear difference between the creation of the HEAVENS and the EARTH. This shows that the HEAVENS (UNIVERSE OR COSMOS) was first created before he now focussed on the creation of the earth.
Heavens is literarily meant to be the sky, especially perceived as a vault in which the sun, moon, stars, and planets are situated.
synonyms: the sky, the skies, the upper atmosphere, the stratosphere; literarythe firmament, the vault of heaven, the blue, the (wide) blue yonder, the welkin, the ether, the empyrean, the azure, the upper regions, the sphere, the celestial sphere

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=48900206][/quote]

The nonsensical one is clearly you. I guess the dictionary that defined HEAVENS as a VAULT in which the sun, moon, stars, and planets are situated is also nonsense.

If you have nothing better to say then put up a silly meme when a silly question has been answered then go back to learning how to recite your ABCs

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
[quote author=hopefulLandlord post=48900206][/quote]

The nonsensical one is clearly you. I guess the dictionary that defined HEAVENS as a VAULT in which the sun, moon, stars, and planets are situated is also nonsense.

If you have nothing better to say then put up a silly meme when a silly question has been answered then go back to learning how to recite your ABCs

[img]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fusion-of-worlds/images/3/36/Delusional.gif/revision/latest?cb=20151005121554[/img]

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Emusan(m): 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
EyeHateGod:

noun
(plural universes)

Wiki:

Let me answer your delusion but I know you will still come with another one.

"1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe." NIV Heb 1:1-2

"1 God, having spoken to the fathers long ago in [the voices and writings of] the prophets in many separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the truth], and in many ways, 2 has in these last days spoken [with finality] to us in [the person of One who is by His character and nature] His Son [namely Jesus], whom He appointed heir and lawful owner of all things, through whom also He created the universe [that is, the universe as a space-time-matter continuum]." AMP Heb 1:1-2

"1 Long ago in many ways and at many times God’s prophets spoke his message to our ancestors. 2 But now at last, God sent his Son to bring his message to us. God created the universe by his Son, and everything will someday belong to the Son." CEV Heb 1:1-2

Besides, you cherry picked that information you provided about the meaning of the Universe just to fulfil your the work of your father the Devil.
Here is the complete meaning

universe
/ˈjuːnɪvəːs/
noun: universe; noun: the universe; plural noun: universes; noun: universe of discourse; plural noun: universes of discourse
1. all existing matter and space considered as a whole; the cosmos. The universe is believed to be at least 10 billion light years in diameter and contains a vast number of galaxies; it has been expanding since its creation in the Big Bang about 13 billion years ago.

synonyms: cosmos, macrocosm, totality, whole world, Creation, (outer) space, the heavens, the firmament;

3 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
EyeHateGod:

noun 
(plural universes)

Wiki:

I even just noticed your deliberate misquoting of the scripture to suite this your lying thread.

GENESIS 1 VERSE 1 SAYS IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH! IT DID NOT SAY HEAVEN AND THE EARTH

See how you and Atheism can conveniently twist scripture in order to push forward your lies.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
All these atheists like to raise up un-necessary controversies which are all DEAD ON ARRIVAL!..

This one actually forgot his brain in his pepper-soup joint.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
Jacksonville:
All these atheists like to raise up controversies which are all DEAD ON ARRIVAL!..

[img]http://h6.abload.de/img/0382_s7tr.gif[/img]

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:03am On Aug 30, 2016
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Emusan:

Let me answer your delusion but I know you will still come with another one.

"1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe." NIV Heb 1:1-2
So king James version Is No longer the Right Ver?
Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by [his] Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

The worlds here refers to the Earth! I defined "World" up there cause I knew this was gonna come up!

"1 God, having spoken to the fathers long ago in [the voices and writings of] the prophets in many separate revelations [each of which set forth a portion of the truth], and in many ways, 2 has in these last days spoken [with finality] to us in [the person of One who is by His character and nature] His Son [namely Jesus], whom He appointed heir and lawful owner of all things, through whom also He created the universe [that is, the universe as a space-time-matter continuum]." AMP Heb 1:1-2
It didn't say that in Kjv

"1 Long ago in many ways and at many times God’s prophets spoke his message to our ancestors. 2 But now at last, God sent his Son to bring his message to us. God created the universe by his Son, and everything will someday belong to the Son." CEV Heb 1:1-2

It didn't say that! Stop twisting words pls be truthful

Besides, you cherry picked that information you provided about the meaning of the Universe just to fulfil your the work of your father the Devil.
Here is the complete meaning
I didn't cherry pick anything I took one from Oxford and the other from Wikipedia
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2016
4everGod:

This is the last time I'll warm U stay out of my lane. Seun m warning him again O because when I start hmm.
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:26am On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
John 1:3 - All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Pathetic atheists... Now tell me all things doesn't necessarily mean all....smh
Where did it Say God Created The Universe In Ur Bible All things can mean Anything depending on the writer!
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:29am On Aug 30, 2016
agwom:
Poverty can not stop you from singing praises to the lord your God..

watch this video below!
What has this got to do with anything? Do U think it's only the Christian God Poor people Worship Out there??
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Jacksonville:
All these atheists like to raise up un-necessary controversies which are all DEAD ON ARRIVAL!..

If U have noting Reasonable to say pls clear out let the once with Brains Come & Answer
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 12:35am On Aug 30, 2016
PEOPLE CANT HAVE A CIVIL CONVERSATION ON NL AGAIN WITHOUT SOME OLD FOOL TROLLING??
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 1:01am On Aug 30, 2016
As predicted.. Lmao.. you're helpless. All things mean everything in its entirety as clearly stated and implied in that verse.
EyeHateGod:

Where did it Say God Created The Universe In Ur Bible All things can mean Anything depending on the writer!

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 1:16am On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
As predicted.. Lmao.. you're helpless. All things mean everything in its entirety as clearly stated and implied in that verse.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Does this sounds like the "writer" was talking About the Universe Or Earth?
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 30, 2016
Its past 1am... Your God obsession is real.

Get well soon wink [i][/i]
EyeHateGod:

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Does this sounds like the "writer" was talking About the Universe Or Earth?

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 2:00am On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Its past 1am... Your God obsession is real.

Get well soon wink [i][/i]
What are U Doing here to grin
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 2:45am On Aug 30, 2016
Couldn't sleep so I'm up reading and decided to check NL...

You hate God yet you're obsessed and losing sleep over him.
EyeHateGod:

What are U Doing here to grin

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by OLUJOSHINS(m): 2:47am On Aug 30, 2016
I will advice everyone to steer clear of this guy & people like Him.

He is not an atheist. Atheist do not believe in God.

This guy believe in The existence of A Supreme Being but He has decided to stand against God.

U can see Him & His likes as a fore runner of the Antichrist

Indeed these are the last days.

2 Likes

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 3:01am On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Couldn't sleep so I'm up reading and decided to check NL...

You hate God yet you're obsessed and losing sleep over him.
Lol m downloading stuff online mtn 500mb 12-4am check my reply it falls between 12.

Do U think am not aware of the user name I use? Do U know why it's "Eye" and not 'i'?

1 Like

Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 30, 2016
Youre just lying.

So why is it "eye"?
EyeHateGod:

Lol m downloading stuff online mtn 500mb 12-4am check my reply it falls between 12.

Do U think am not aware of the user name I use? Do U know why it's "Eye" and not 'i'?
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by EyeHateGod: 3:07am On Aug 30, 2016
Millerz:
Youre just lying.

So why is it "eye"?
Did I call U a liar when U gave Ur explanation for being online? I even gave U evidence check my post on see the intervals nawa o

Eye it's ment to be sarcastic
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 30, 2016
I obviously knew the bolded cheesy
EyeHateGod:

Did I call U a liar when U gave Ur explanation for being online? I even gave U evidence check my post on see the intervals nawa o

Eye it's ment to be sarcastic
Re: Where In The Bible Did It Say "God Created The Universe" by Nobody: 8:46am On Aug 30, 2016
EyeHateGod:

If U have noting Reasonable to say pls clear out let the once with Brains Come & Answer

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Problems With The Gospels: An Honest Survey For 4evergod (Part 1) / After 100 Years, 8 Million Followers, God Is Still Unable To Find 144,000 Seal / What's The Meaning Of Taqqiyah?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.