Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,614 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Help! My Pastor's Advice Has Landed Me In Trouble - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Help! My Pastor's Advice Has Landed Me In Trouble (473 Views)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service / Help! My Pastor Hates Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Pastor's Advice Has Landed Me In Trouble by bstringz(m): 12:29am On Aug 29, 2016
In many churches, both in Nigeria and abroad it is not out of place to see where people “worship” their Pastors. Yes it is not wrong having love, respect and honor for your pastor, but I didn’t see anywhere in the Bible where God told us to ascribe worship to any Man of God. We all know how much people worship pastors and men of God especially in this part of the world. I have been in churches where people would Come out to give testimonies and Give all the glory to the pastor. There are some down sides to this like;

1. YOU would make that man of God proud. So when he starts raising his shoulders don’t yell “Pride!”
2. God doesn’t share his glory with anyone. When you unnecessarily extol your pastor, you give God’s glory to him and God may take it out on your pastor.

Now to the issue of this topic. Ever heard where a pastor when he is “filled in the Holy Spirit” prophesy that a young man is to marry sister Njideka and because the man of God has said it, it just has to be so… Consideration is not taken into cognizance if the two people involved want to get married to each other, if they have other people they plan to get married to, if they are ready to be married…. No. All this are not taken into account, because the “Man of God had said it, it just has to be so”. NOW read this scenario.

“I am 26years old, a working class woman who by the help. Of God has made a life for myself. A year ago I was in a relationship with a young man whom I was in love with and planned for us to get married. However, one Sunday morning my pastor walked up to the microphone after I had led in the worship, he said it in front of the whole church that the spirit of God asked him to tell me that I would get married to Brother chuks one of the brother’s in the church and that of I disobeyed I know the consequences that comes with disobeying the spirit of God. Truth be told I didn’t like brother chuks and besides I was in a relationship with someone I really loved. I went home and prayed about it… But what other answer would I get from God,when the prophet had already said it all. So I called my Boyfriend and told him that we can’t continue, he begged and begged but I was adamant, my prophet had said it all and who was I to disobey, so I married Brother Chuks. A year into the marriage, I am the saddest married woman you’d ever meet, Brother chuks beats me, Insults me, hates My family and even sleeps with other women on our matrimonial bed. The hard part is that my ex whom I left from Brother chuks is doing so well, has a beautiful wife and family and seems so happy. We have met a couple of times and each time I see how wonderful his family is, I wish I was the one…. I cry myself to sleep every night, I have told the prophet about this, he said that I should endure my marriage. If I knew, u shouldn’t have listened to that prophet, followed my heart, after all I too have the Holy Spirit, why do I need a man of God to tell me whom to marry. Now I have a Sad life, a ruined marriage just in it’s first all because of My prophet” A newly wed woman in distress.
Anyone in this situation? We all have the Holy Spirit. Please your Pastor’s are not God and can never be God. Yes, respect and honor them, let them guide you in decisions you take, but at the end you’d be the one living the consequences of any decisions you let them take on your behalf. We would love to read your thoughts on this.

Read more http://truenaijayarn.com/help-pastors-prophecy-landed-trouble/

Re: Help! My Pastor's Advice Has Landed Me In Trouble by hotspec(m): 12:42am On Aug 29, 2016
I pity u and i really feel for u. God will guide ur stepping. But u also failed to THINK THROUGH. Everything is not prayer, u need to think first before praying, just like d sermon today. May God help u tru. But consider being on ur own since u have a gud job, before he injure or infect u with STD/I's.
Re: Help! My Pastor's Advice Has Landed Me In Trouble by menxer: 1:39am On Aug 29, 2016
Sorry dear.

Sometimes I wonder which adjective is better "single" or "divorcee" at forty years.
Re: Help! My Pastor's Advice Has Landed Me In Trouble by Vince77(m): 2:19am On Aug 29, 2016
i just feel like sleeping now and wake up on Tuesday afternoon sad sad sad

(1) (Reply)

WARNING ! WARNING ! WARNING! / From Peeker To Seeker / Nigerian Pastors And National/global Prophesies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.