Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 (133992 Views)

Africa Finance Corporation Is Recruiting For Graduate Interns. / Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) Interview Invite: Who Else Got It? / Nigerian Railway Email Inbox Is Filled Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by ojdeniz(m): 1:20am On Sep 11, 2016
guys eh pls help me, i sent my CV to another of my email acct n discovered dat it has scattered as in the dates don't be on same lines I used wen typing. what should I do? have tried rearranging it several times
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by wykcool(m): 3:24am On Sep 11, 2016
ojdeniz:
guys eh pls help me, i sent my CV to another of my email acct n discovered dat it has scattered as in the dates don't be on same lines I used wen typing. what should I do? have tried rearranging it several times
I guess you must have saved your CV in document format (.doc or .docx) before sending, this is not the best way to save a document meant to be sent via email as there tendency that it will be scattered on receipt at the other end.
Always save CVs meant to be sent via email in Portable Document Format (.pdf) except stated otherwise by the recipient

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by ojdeniz(m): 1:53pm On Sep 11, 2016
wykcool:

I guess you must have saved your CV in document format (.doc or .docx) before sending, this is not the best way to save a document meant to be sent via email as there tendency that it will be scattered on receipt at the other end.
Always save CVs meant to be sent via email in Portable Document Format (.pdf) except stated otherwise by the recipient
yes they stated DAT d file size shouldn't be more Dan 70kb n d PDF file is 131kb
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by kabirYD(m): 2:06pm On Sep 11, 2016
Please if anyone has an idea of how much the salary is, pls update
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Abdul4trust1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
ojdeniz:
when Did You View It From?
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by ojdeniz(m): 3:01pm On Sep 11, 2016
Abdul4trust1:
when Did You View It From?
I don't get u sorry
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Stevosty: 5:20pm On Sep 11, 2016
ojdeniz:
if you use a computer to type the document you don't need to rearrange anything, just send it the way you see it. it will be readable at the receiving end, they will also be using a computer to download the files, but if you edit because it scattered while reading on email it will scatter on the receiving end, to confirm you can as well download what you said scattered on a computer and see if it will be readable.
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Eseose9(f): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2016
I try sending it now,it still bounced back
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by ojdeniz(m): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2016
Stevosty:
if you use a computer to type the document you don't need to rearrange anything, just send it the way you see it. it will be readable at the receiving end, they will also be using a computer to download the files, but if you edit because it scattered while reading on email it will scatter on the receiving end, to confirm you can as well download what you said scattered on a computer and see if it will be readable.
I used a laptop to type n later seen it scattered. it is readable but the dates are nt aligned as I arranged dem while typing
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Hotsemo: 6:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
ojdeniz:
I used a laptop to type n later seen it scattered. it is readable but the dates are nt aligned as I arranged dem while typing

This is it bro.. Type in msword. Now click on file and you will see security. Click security and mark text as final.. Kapish and you have your word safe..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Bograd83(f): 8:31am On Sep 12, 2016
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by dagbokoncept(m): 9:44am On Sep 12, 2016
Udeliverable e mail. That's the I reply I got.. What could be the problem ?
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by DAramis: 12:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
dagbokoncept:

Try and send your mail early in the morning maybe 7am.

It seems that their email was set in such a way that if the required number of CV has been received, it will reject the subsequent ones ( or probably by automatic blocking).

This may be done in order to filter the mails and select the required applicants, discard (delete) the remaining emails thereby creating an empty inbox for other subsequent submission.

That is, maybe the are shortlisting the names on daily basis and will compile the list later before they start sending the invitation. This may be done in order to prevent accumulated work.

My opinion sir.
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by dagbokoncept(m): 10:49pm On Sep 12, 2016
DAramis:

Try and send your mail early in the morning maybe 7am.

It seems that their email was set in such a way that if the required number of CV has been received, it will reject the subsequent ones ( or probably by automatic blocking).

This may be done in order to filter the mails and select the required applicants, discard (delete) the remaining emails thereby creating an empty inbox for other subsequent submission.

That is, maybe the are shortlisting the names on daily basis and will compile the list later before they start sending the invitation. This may be done in order to prevent accumulated work.

My opinion sir.
Thanks a million. I will try it.
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by DAramis: 6:56am On Sep 13, 2016
dagbokoncept:

Thanks a million. I will try it.
No problem
What was the outcome?

Hope you are using Gmail?
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by dagbokoncept(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2016
DAramis:

No problem
What was the outcome?

Hope you are using Gmail?
Yes I use gmail and I still got same failed feedback.
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by DAramis: 12:00pm On Sep 13, 2016
dagbokoncept:

Yes I use gmail and I still got same failed feedback.

Hmm.

Follow this steps sir,

Type your cover letter on ms word
Click on the ms word menu to drop
Click on save as
Select other formats (last option)
It will open a small page
Go to "save as type " and click on it
Select web page
Click on save. It will save your cover letter as a web page.
(This is done to prevent it from scattering when copied into the email message box)

Click on the saved page (bearing html at the end of the file instead of doc)
It will open using one of your browser (either uc web or Firefox)
Copy the cover letter and past to your email box
Attache your cv
Send the message early in the morning (from 6:40am - 7:00am)

Your cv should be saved in Ms word not pdf because of the size (scroll up to see how to save it from scattering though I did not do it on mine)

This is the exact thing I did especially the time it was sent (please take cognizance of it)

Wishing you the best
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by sotozo(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2016
Eseose9:
I try sending it now,it still bounced back

With both Gmail and Ymail.... It's still bouncing back
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by sholatoye: 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2016
You do not necessarily need to try in the early hours of the day.

Just keep trying at any point in time, it will eventually go through.

I also had the same experience. All d best!

With both Gmail and Ymail.... It's still bouncing back[/quote]
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by sotozo(m): 7:18am On Sep 14, 2016
dagbokoncept:

I sent mine today 6:30am and it didn't deliver.
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by DAramis: 9:52am On Sep 14, 2016
sotozo:

I sent mine today 6:30am and it didn't deliver.

Did you follow the steps I outline above sir?

Try it out tomorrow.
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Asolistic(m): 11:33am On Sep 14, 2016
To all experiencing difficulties in sending mails, try sending it during working hours, most especially when they open in the morning for business. I tried sending mine more than six different times and was bouncing , not until I did around some minutes to 10am last thursday and it went through finally. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by NaijaPress: 2:02pm On Sep 14, 2016
4 days to go in the Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment exercise, Apply now - http://www.employnaija.com.ng/www-nrc-gov-ng-nigerian-railway-corporation-recruitment-apply-now/
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by dagbokoncept(m): 6:22pm On Sep 14, 2016
Thanks, I will still give it a try.
DAramis:

Hmm.

Follow this steps sir,

Type your cover letter on ms word
Click on the ms word menu to drop
Click on save as
Select other formats (last option)
It will open a small page
Go to "save as type " and click on it
Select web page
Click on save. It will save your cover letter as a web page.
(This is done to prevent it from scattering when copied into the email message box)

Click on the saved page (bearing html at the end of the file instead of doc)
It will open using one of your browser (either uc web or Firefox)
Copy the cover letter and past to your email box
Attache your cv
Send the message early in the morning (from 6:40am - 7:00am)

Your cv should be saved in Ms word not pdf because of the size (scroll up to see how to save it from scattering though I did not do it on mine)

This is the exact thing I did especially the time it was sent (please take cognizance of it)

Wishing you the best
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by ykolajide: 7:23pm On Sep 14, 2016
I sent my applicatn since last 4 days now nothing bounce back i pray it permanent ooooooooo
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Horppy(m): 5:42am On Sep 15, 2016
The Closing date for the submission of CV and application letter has been extended for Three Weeks.

Consequently, the closing date is now 9th October, 2016.

PUBLIC NOTICE: The entire recruitment process is free, do not give money or make payment to anyone in whatever guise.

SIGNED

MANAGEMENT
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Ozugbo(m): 6:53am On Sep 15, 2016
I sent mine since o n e no bounce back o
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by mtngloetiartel: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
[img][/img]
NaijaPress:
4 days to go in the Nigerian Railway Corporation Recruitment exercise, Apply now - http://www.employnaija.com.ng/www-nrc-gov-ng-nigerian-railway-corporation-recruitment-apply-now/
september 18 and october 9... grin
NaijaPress:
september 18 and october 9...

Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by sotozo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
DAramis:

Did you follow the steps I outline above sir?
Try it out tomorrow.
Yes I did
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by DAramis: 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2016
sotozo:

Yes I did

Did it work?
Re: Nigerian Railway Corporation Is Recruiting For 2016 by Derbyman(m): 7:41am On Sep 16, 2016
habayommy:
I sent mine yesterday around 6:10am and it delivered without any error.
I attached my CV and use the cover letter as the body of the mail
wc address did you use for receiver in the cover letter. kindly share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

2017 Npower N-tax Applicant That Have Successfully​ Written There Test / Vacancies 5.0 / Nigerian Navy DSSC Recruitment Course 24 Is Ongoing- Nigerian Infopedia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.