Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative (1093 Views)

Two Serving Corpers Wed In Abia State (Photos) / Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) / Meet The Most Handsome Corper In Abia State! (trending) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by DonDraper: 2:32pm On Aug 29, 2016
Remember the story of a corps member that changed lives in Abia https://www.nairaland.com/2985776/how-corper-changing-lives-abia; so here's another bigger event from her. A second edition called "Rural 2 Rural Education Programme" was held in the same community and this time took a different turn. Free Summer School was organised for children in the entire community for a period of six weeks. Free textbooks, notebooks and stationaries were provided for the kids in attendance. A new curriculum was drafted from the scratch to close the identified gaps in the students’ academic state. Some of them, though in advanced class, still lack the basic foundational knowledge in core secondary school subjects.
This is a plight suffered by students who attend rural primary schools where the educational system is poor. After the classes, we conducted an assessment and observed remarkable improvement in their performance. For that reason an award ceremony was held on 24th August, 2016 with so much joy as various gift items were awarded to the students ranging from scholarships, notebooks, school bags and stationaries. We are very grateful to sponsors that supported us to impact lives and this has given birth to the initiative. Let's all work together to ensure that rural education is improved.

Attached picture shows a group picture of awardees, corps members and school management.

Re: Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by DonDraper: 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2016
I would say today is one of my best days and all thanks goes to God. Initially I didn't want to talk about my service year but I've decided to share this. Little did I know things would turn out this way when I came to the community. Love and giving walk side by side. I loved them and gave all I had. In return see what I succeeded in making them do; they learnt the act of giving/appreciation/self development . No matter how small always remember to reach out. To my family, friends and sponsor I say a big thank you for making this happen. I have decided to continue with Rural 2 Rural Education Programme. JOIN ME!

Pix 1: POP
Pix 2: Gifts from students and teachers
Pix 3: Letter of appreciation and gift
Pix 4: Send forth party

Re: Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by DonDraper: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2016
Pix 1: Picture with excited students
Pix 2: From another angle

Re: Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by DonDraper: 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2016
Dear @Seun and @Lalasticlala, Thanks for all the usual support, kindly accord this Rural2Rural Education Initiative the necessary attention it deserves by moving it to FP. Many thanks in anticipation. More pictures coming up.
Re: Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by Benjom(m): 6:06pm On Oct 07, 2016
That's quite generous of her. May God replenish her.
Re: Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by DonDraper: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2016
Thanks and Amen.
Benjom:
That's quite generous of her. May God replenish her.
Re: Abia: Corps Members Implement An Impactful Rural2rural Education Initiative by DonDraper: 3:51pm On Oct 10, 2016
cc: Lalasticlala, mynd44, ishilove, Seun

(1) (Reply)

Corper Accommodation In Ado Ekiti / Handsome: Check Out Cute Little Baby Boy Wears NYSC Kit In Style / Batch A 2014 - Its All About Our INEC Training Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.