Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. (31229 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / 10 Nigerian Car Shows For 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Aug 29, 2016
joseph1832:
If you fit afford am e for concern you na.

lol.
On a good day, God will provide. He might provide through you, if only you can allow the Lord use you.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by solreb: 7:11pm On Aug 29, 2016
This scam, just like the posts by some "customs officers" claiming to sell seized vehicles, has been on for a very long time. Two years ago I saw an advert for a clean 20-ton MAN truck for N2m. The supposed owner says it was located in Gombe. I told him I could not come to Gombe (Book Haram issue) so we settled for him to bring it to Abuja for my brother to sight it. He asked for N15000 for diesel. I said I could only pay on arrival (even if I found the vehicle not as advertised). So I let it go only for him to start calling desperately for me to send the money. Then I realised it was a scam

1 Like

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Kings2rule(m): 7:49pm On Aug 29, 2016
Yes this is another way these fraudsters go through. let me share my own experience with one of them. On very good morning weekend I was browsing jiji.com and I saw this wonderful Toyota Camry 2009 model for only but 450k,and believe me it was a wow!. I contacted the supposed dealer who bears a name Aliyu Ibrahim through text message telling him my interest in the vehicle and how I wish to acquire it. after few minutes he caĺled back with a private number asking me to call him back through his office line I used for the texting. I never did because I wanted to call him back when it's convenient for me rather this guy refused relenting in calls,he came up with a different vehicle Toyota corolla pic sold for 600,000 and kept calling and calling me for a clearance fees he claimed to be customs papers and that he wanted to remove the car online. from that moment I started suspecting a fowl play from the way he sound. He went as far as fabricating a bulk sms using NCS to text me that my toyota corolla has been registered with N75,000 in Nigerian customs service with a fake ref number and that I should contact my dealer. The fellow went this far to convince me to do business so I started pretence just to findout his actually plan. at a point he said he did it for me to gain my trust and for to believe he is not a fraudster,meanwhile he is actually exposing his ass in the process. one morning he chatted on whatsapp me that he needs money to finalize my paperwork so he can bring down the car and for me to balance him. I asked how much and he said "150,000 will do. I laughed. NOW WATCH OUT. FIRSTLY THEY WILL COME FORWARD WITH A CAR OF A VERY ATTRACTIVE PRIZE,A WOW!!! PRIZE. SECONDLY THEY WILL CONTACT YOU MORE THAN YOU CONTACT THEM ADDING YOU IN WHATSAPP WITH A NO HUMAN IMAGE DP RATHER A GODS WORD DP. THIRDLY THEY WILL USE BULK SMS TO WOO YOU OFF GIVING YOU AN IMPRESSION THAT YOU CAR BEEN REGISTERED. LASTLY YOU KNOW WHAT THEY WILL EVENTUALLY EXPOSE THEIR ASS BY DEMANDING FOR THAT THEY KNOW YOU CAN EASILY DEPOSIT BECAUSE OF THE PRIZE YOU ACTUALLY SAW ONLINE. ONLY THE GREEDY WILL RUN TO THE BANK AND EFFECT TRANSFER. THE WISE WILL REMIND THEM THAT JIJI DEALS BASED ON DELIVERY! JUST LIKE I DID AS I WATCHED HIM LONG FOOLED HIM SELF.

1 Like

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by joseph1832(m): 7:54pm On Aug 29, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

lol.
On a good day, God will provide. He might provide through you, if only you can allow the Lord use you.
grin grin grin Amen Onyinye, Amen! sad

1 Like

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
happened to m a few weeks ago. this one said he's in badagry. he even greeted me very religiously. an said the same line. 7K for fuel and it will be brought to my door. if I then like it I can buy. most of the ones in Lagos usually claim they are in badagry since they know that most people buying are on the mainland...let's be careful and help others by exposing them and their antiques as we encounter them. may God protect us all

1 Like

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by muazuk1(m): 10:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
pheyimen:
Only a kabiru wil fall dis cheap prank
bros wetin u mean by this one na?

1 Like

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by pheyimen: 11:39pm On Aug 29, 2016
muazuk1:
bros wetin u mean by this one na?
chairman mi, one guy 4 ma hood mumu raise 2 power 4. So d guy get hope 4 dis kind scam

1 Like

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by fexyrich(m): 6:53am On Aug 30, 2016
The same bastard did same thing to me.he used Edo state precisely saying that they transfered car to Edo...infact he agreed to sell d rx at 1.8m..that was wen i knew he is a criminal.isn't that funny and ridiculous..I rained curses on him when he askd for 10k as fuel money...Guy man wan chop anoda guy man mony..I told him to go get somtin better to do with his miserable life..
Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Fourwinds: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2016
I don't y some still fall for scam
Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Maxotumba: 7:48am On Nov 08, 2016
Dont pay any money to anyone on jiji... If they ask you for money for fuel or oil.. Its scam... Most of thme use unregistered airtel numbers... And they always cleam to sell their cars far away.. Mostly around the borders.. And this cars are hilariously cheap.. They will first ask you were you are.. If you tell them lagos they will tell you Maiduguri... Its all a ploy... Jiji is a good site thuo.. I have bought and sold on .. Be suspicious of unregistered airtell numbers.. And if they ask you to speak with their oga.. Be carefull... Dont send any money... Even 1k...

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Maxotumba: 7:53am On Nov 08, 2016
Dont pay any money to anyone on jiji... If they ask you for money for fuel or oil.. Its scam... Most of them use unregistered airtel numbers... And they always cleam to sell their cars far away.. Mostly around the borders.. And this cars are hilariously cheap.. They will first ask you were you are.. If you tell them lagos they will tell you Maiduguri... Its all a ploy... Jiji is a good site thuo.. I have bought and sold on jiji.. Be suspicious of unregistered airtell numbers.. And if they ask you to speak with their oga.. Be carefull... Dont send any money... Even 1k...

Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 08, 2016
If you have 2million to buy a car , why niot go to the car dealers around you and get your vehicle, whats so special about the rx 350, its too common.
Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by CarlJhonson: 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2016
Maxotumba:
Dont pay any money to anyone on jiji... If they ask you for money for fuel or oil.. Its scam... Most of them use unregistered airtel numbers... And they always cleam to sell their cars far away.. Mostly around the borders.. And this cars are hilariously cheap.. They will first ask you were you are.. If you tell them lagos they will tell you Maiduguri... Its all a ploy... Jiji is a good site thuo.. I have bought and sold on jiji.. Be suspicious of unregistered airtell numbers.. And if they ask you to speak with their oga.. Be carefull... Dont send any money... Even 1k...

Yes, Jiji very good site. The main thing - do not be a fool yourself.
Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by BiggSmoke: 10:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
CarlJhonson:

You are absolutely right! Now all each other trying to cheat on the money.
Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by AggroBug: 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2016
BiggSmoke:

You are absolutely right! Now all each other trying to cheat on the money.

Honest people will never cheat!
Re: Don't Fall For This Cheap Scam By A Nigerian Car Dealer. by AggroBug: 10:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
CarlJhonson:

I do not know. But Jiji clearly better than OLX

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With These FRSC Vehicle's Tyres? / Customs Import Duty Has Been Increased / Here Are 8 Engines You Should Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.