Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,843 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

$309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day (27319 Views)

Nigeria’s Forex Inflow Hits $15bn In First Quarter / Nigeria Crypto, Binary Options & Forex Traders Questions And Answers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

$309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2016

The Nigerian foreign exchange market recorded an inflow of $309 million on Monday — a considerable surge from Friday’s transactions.

Bola Onadele, head of market regulator, FMDQ OTC securities exchange,told Reuters that the trade included one $270 million transaction at 345 naira per dollar, by foreign investors buying local currency bonds.

The inflow of forex saw the Nigerian naira firm from its opening 319.50/$1 earlier in the day to 315.50 per dollar.

The Nigerian forex market had experienced an artificial dollar scarcity over the past week, following the decision of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to cut nine deposit money banks from the market.

The banks were banned, following a breach of Treasury Single Account (TSA) guidelines by the lenders.

United Bank for Africa (UBA) was readmitted into the forex market after the regulator confirmed it had remitted all Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) funds into the TSA.

Eight other lenders stand suspended until they remit the funds worth about $2.1 billion back to TSA.

The fresh inflows are expected to boost liquidity and ease the pressure on the naira.

https://www.thecable.ng/309-million-flows-into-nigerias-forex-market-in-one-trading-day?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C4700014597

4 Likes

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2016
Okay.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by ShootToKill: 8:02pm On Aug 29, 2016
It won't stop the useless naira that coined in 1967 to fight Biafra from further depreciating.

Sane people are saving and concretizing their money in dollars away from nigerian banks who will force you to take naira equivalent at N200 from your Dorm account when you actually gave them dollars to keep for you.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by rusher14: 8:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:
It won't stop the useless naira that coined in 1967 to fight Biafra from further depreciating.

Sane people are saving and concretizing their money in dollars away from nigerian banks who will force you to take naira equivalent at N200 from your Dorm account when you actually gave them dollars to keep for you.

Stop lying.

What bank gives you anything other than your forex you had deposited?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by ShootToKill: 8:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
rusher14:

Stop lying.

What bank gives you anything other than your forex you had deposited?

Oga close your mouth, TWICE I went to the bank to collect my Dolls early this year. TWICE they told me they had no dolls to give and offered to pay in naira.
Infact when I logged into Internet banking my Dollars where converted to naira equivalent on screen.
Last I went there a month later, I clear 90% of what is in my dorm account.
So close your poverty-stricken mouth, I've been saving in dollars since my 100L days like many people that are financially futuristic.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
OK so how does this affect the fact that Naira closed at 420/$ today.

Useless government

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by rusher14: 8:29pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:

Oga close your mouth, TWICE I went to the bank to collect my Dolls early this year. TWICE they told me they had no dolls to give and offered to pay in naira.
Infact when I logged into Internet banking my Dollars where converted to naira equivalent on screen.
So close your poverty-stricken mouth, I've been saving in dollars since my 100L days like many people that are financially futuristic.

I still insist you are lying.

Name the bank that claimed not to have dollars to give you from your Dorm account.

Watch how members of this forum from such bank would debunk that statement.

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:

that was invective. do you even know his pecuniary status? I dissenter on making prejudgements about someone.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by ladyF(f): 9:16pm On Aug 29, 2016
All these lies they keep feeding us with. Is that not how they said floating the naira will strengthen it to N300/$? Look at where we are now.

Me ayam even looking for Skrill$$ to buy, even if na N370/$, I no see anywhere. cry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Flexherbal(m): 9:18pm On Aug 29, 2016
Good!
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2016
Best period to become a BILLIONAIRE in Nigeria grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Zico5(m): 9:21pm On Aug 29, 2016
No matter the situation, I will never give up on this country. Let's politicians continue to play mind game. We brought ourselves to this level and we must rescue ourselves. Those breeding hatred are just wasting their time cos PDP has nothing to offer. We will just be back to square one. A bird at hand worth two in the bush. All we need is prayer not change of government. What did we gain from those that left, nothing and they drained everything in the treasury. Forward ever, backward never.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:

Please name the bank and what does "financially futuristic" mean

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by bettercreature(m): 9:22pm On Aug 29, 2016
ladyF:
All these lies they keep feeding us with. Is that not how they said floating the naira will strengthen it to N300/$? Look at where we are now.

Me ayam even looking for Skrill$$ to buy, even if na N370/$, I no see anywhere. cry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:
Pained IPOBian yoot, name the bank, you no fit, na insult you dey rain.

Go and perfect your art and science of falsehood before coming to spew them out on this honourable forum.

Trust discerning Nairalanders, they'd always bust your lies.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Buhari4dullard: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
ONE DAY OUT OF 271 DAYS?

WHEN PDP WAS IN POWER IT WAS NOT LIKE THIS

WHEN PDP WAS THERE IT WAS N215 TO $1

I BEG EVEN NAIRA DEY VEX FOR THIS ALOOF GOVT OF BUHARI

22 Likes

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by hamingra: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:

You are not saying the truth. If a bank tells you it doesn't have dollars to pay you, how then do you claim that they had converted your dollar to naira in your account! I have a DOM account and my bank tells me same thing but they advice I go to Abuja or any other state branch of their bank where the have enough dollar to give out.

Make you dey lie small small

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by afroxyz: 9:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:

Abeg leave the mumu. Probably he does not even know the colour of the dollar

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Osyxcel(m): 9:24pm On Aug 29, 2016
ladyF:

I have $1m skrills for sale undecided

1 Like

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by ladyF(f): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
Osyxcel:

I have $1m skrills for sale undecided
lol serious? grin

You know where to find me... kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by eleko1: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
cool bubu is working. All will be well. kip HOPE alive

4 Likes

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by YoursGEJ(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
I see that the article forgot to mention my name. This is why i don't like helping this country angry Issoright. Nigeria, you are welcome. Don't menshun

1 Like

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by saintkel(m): 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
So? Rice is still 17500.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by NetBizguy: 9:25pm On Aug 29, 2016
I have an idea to generate over $20m in 2 months.. I just lacked N5m capital and I can't find help in this country.... I just de vex I swear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by LOVEGINO(m): 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2016
ladyF:

sowi sis. If to say na bitcoin, I for assist cry
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by ladyF(f): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
LOVEGINO:
sowi sis. If to say na bitcoin, I for assist cry
No p dear...thanks... grin

God will provide Skrill for me... cry

1 Like

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Lnxxxxx(m): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
ShootToKill:

Ogah, I don't think it was necessary to be so harsh.

Furthermore, I use Gt bank and whenever I check my balance it's in dollars. Also, I have withdrawn from it (paid in dollars) 4 times over the last 3 months (in Port Harcourt, Abuja and Kaduna). Sometimes a branch will tell me they don't have dollars and I will just go to the next one.

So it may be a bank thing.

Kindly deceased from quick judgement until you have enough information. If you have a bad experience doing something doesn't necessarily mean everyone will have a similar experience.

Finally, the write up is talking about inter bank rates not parallel market. CBN sells and banks exchange at around 315 but they sell at about 413 (parallel market price), so who is the bad guy, the government or your bank?

33 Likes

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by repogirl(f): 9:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
rusher14:

I still insist you are lying.

Name the bank that claimed not to have dollars to give you from your Dorm account.

Watch how members of this forum from such bank would debunk that statement.
the guy is right, same thing recently happened to someone I know. He had to call someone he knew personally in the bank (Skye) before it was resolved and he got his dollars.

These are hard times

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad / Top 7 ATM Card Safety Tips You Should Know / Naira Strengthens Against The Dollar, Sells At N1400/$ On The Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.