Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,074 members, 7,842,061 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

$309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day (27353 Views)

Nigeria’s Forex Inflow Hits $15bn In First Quarter / Nigeria Crypto, Binary Options & Forex Traders Questions And Answers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by haryomikun(m): 8:18am On Aug 30, 2016
ShootToKill:

Oga close your mouth, TWICE I went to the bank to collect my Dolls early this year. TWICE they told me they had no dolls to give and offered to pay in naira.
Infact when I logged into Internet banking my Dollars where converted to naira equivalent on screen.
Last I went there a month later, I clear 90% of what is in my dorm account.
So close your poverty-stricken mouth, I've been saving in dollars since my 100L days like many people that are financially futuristic.

My friends that are bloggers do receive their money in dollars sir. One still withdrew in raw dollars sef.... From their domiciliary accounts I mean
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by agabaI23(m): 8:19am On Aug 30, 2016
rusher14:

I cannot expose my private business here but I have been running domiciliary accounts that are well funded without hitch.

I insist your bank would pay out based on the currency deposited in your account.

Nigerian banks are not the best in the world but you cannot give them a reputation they don't have.
You're not the only that has dom account bro. Thank God you never had a hitch.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Boss13: 8:31am On Aug 30, 2016
Sometimes I wonder whose interest the CBN serves - Foreign Capitalist or the Nigerian Public? This huge foreign inflow is as the direct result of CBN increase MPR rate to 16 percent.

Let's be honest, these foreign capitalist are insatiable. Their aim is to increase their wealth continuously. Then, for how long are we going to increase our interest rate in other to satisfy foreign capitalist because we want FOREX?

Local businesses are suffering. The cost of borrowing funds is just too high especially in this recession.

We need local solutions for these local problems

1 Like

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
plaetton:

Same as the other poster.
It took me 2 months of cajoling and shouting to get my few thousand USD from my Dom account.
No dollars, they kept on saying.

Your situation is very different. He claims his Dorm balance was already reflected as Naira. The dude is lying to feel among in a faceless forum where no one gives a hoot.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by lekonso: 10:04am On Aug 30, 2016
Osyxcel:

I have $1m skrills for sale undecided

Beware of EFCC
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Zico5(m): 10:38am On Aug 30, 2016
Pchidexy:

You are pathetic! Smh! So, you mean we should keep on with Buhari? You are a stupid zombie!
U are deranged, so we should keep on with u looters, drug pushers and thieves. Bloody wailers, u are on the long thing cos no president for u for life.who will vote thieves.

1 Like

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2016
dukeolumde:
Best period to become a BILLIONAIRE in Nigeria grin grin grin grin

I tell you.

Not just forex. There are many openings for fast cash..
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by awayeyebundle: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2016
To me dollar should be sold #230 per dollar,even if the crude oil fell at the IOC.The policies of this government should be streamline to cushion the increase instead inflation of it....the BDC will sell it at cheap if the dollar are surplus or the CBN is the main author of the dollar alone or banks and sanction should be put in any banks that sold above the official rate to any BDC....because this where the inflation comes in.Selling it to personality or politician will bring what we are experiencing now....go to banks or CBN and make the transaction simple
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2016
hamingra:

You are not saying the truth. If a bank tells you it doesn't have dollars to pay you, how then do you claim that they had converted your dollar to naira in your account! I have a DOM account and my bank tells me same thing but they advice I go to Abuja or any other state branch of their bank where the have enough dollar to give out.

Make you dey lie small small

So just to withdraw dollar someone has to travel to Abuja ?

And you still said he is lying.

After accepting your bank told you thesame thing..
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 30, 2016
Naughtysite:

I tell you.

Not just forex. There are many openings for fast cash..

Yes indeed.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by erico2k2(m): 2:13pm On Aug 30, 2016
Tmoyo:
and when PDP dey power, we have the aviation minister travelling in and out summing up to 750million in a year, we also have the Dasuki the NSA turned atm master, we also have the sudden increament without no gain and the continuous payment of 4billion to service the subsidy...Are u still there, we also have the Fallout immigration exercise where seven applicants died miserably....Mind you they use some certain amount to service the dollar in their own favour....If na PDP...It can only be corruption
And how does this your long epistle relate to the topic at hand . U 4 just created your own thread make we know say U get issues mtcheeeeew
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Viktor1983(m): 4:58pm On Aug 30, 2016
Zico5:

U are not ok, so u want everybody to follow u and castigate this government. When ur people were there, tell me one tangible development that this country experience. Look PDP is dead and u or ur ipods can never raise it. That's the bitter truth.

Who be my people? Oh! You are the type that stereotype people, I'm not coming down to that you level....it stinks
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by CosmeticChemist(m): 7:06pm On Aug 30, 2016
nairaimporter:

Sir, I the founder of www.sellernearby.com, please I would love it if you invest in us.

We are an online marketplace focused on University communities for now. We have a big market with potential for growth.

I am a student at the University of Ibadan. We don't need a large investment, just about 500,000 naira. You get equity in return.

Can I send you a PM with our business plan.

This is a business that is already working and we have made sales

I thought you said you needed 5 million naira ? I have been looking for startup to invest in, particularly in the FMCG niche. I think the tech niche is too competitive.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by olurotimi1: 3:07am On Aug 31, 2016
Tmoyo:
issorite....stay there and be minding the hardship.... Try convince me say when petrol moved from 65 to 150 for Jonathan's regime, hardship no dey?....no until election don reach one month...Petrol enter 86.....If no be buhari...it can only be corruption
it's obvious you are suffering and smiling. ride on bro, God is your strength. Your eyes go soon clear.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 31, 2016
ShootToKill:

Oga close your mouth, TWICE I went to the bank to collect my Dolls early this year. TWICE they told me they had no dolls to give and offered to pay in naira.
Infact when I logged into Internet banking my Dollars where converted to naira equivalent on screen.
Last I went there a month later, I clear 90% of what is in my dorm account.
So close your poverty-stricken mouth, I've been saving in dollars since my 100L days like many people that are financially futuristic.
I've been longing go ask a question but getting the right person to ask has been an issue. I guess you can help with it.

assuming I save 400# to an online currency converting site in dollars at exchange rate of 400# to 1$ .
then the next day the exchange rate becomes 200# to 1$. and I decide to withdraw with this new exchange rate. when I convert back to naira will the conversion be based on my original exchange rate(400#-1$) or the present exchange rate (200#-1$)
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by hamingra: 11:22am On Aug 31, 2016
Naughtysite:

So just to withdraw dollar someone has to travel to Abuja ?

And you still said he is lying.

After accepting your bank told you thesame thing..

sometimes e good make you dey read properly! He said they converted his dollars to naira! shine ya eyes bros!
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by olurotimi1: 5:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
Elliotwiz1:
I've been longing go ask a question but getting the right person to ask has been an issue. I guess you can help with it.

assuming I save 400# to an online currency converting site in dollars at exchange rate of 400# to 1$ .
then the next day the exchange rate becomes 200# to 1$. and I decide to withdraw with this new exchange rate. when I convert back to naira will the conversion be based on my original exchange rate(400#-1$) or the present exchange rate (200#-1$)
The current rate of course, it's called spot rate.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
olurotimi1:
The current rate of course, it's called spot rate.
can you tell me a website that does this easily ? thanks.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by olurotimi1: 11:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
Elliotwiz1:
can you tell me a website that does this easily ? thanks.
www.xe.com
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by Nobody: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2016
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by nairaimporter: 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
CosmeticChemist:

I thought you said you needed 5 million naira ? I have been looking for startup to invest in, particularly in the FMCG niche. I think the tech niche is too competitive.

Good evening sir,

Like I said before we are a Technology startup. I and my co-founder started www.sellernearby.com from a dormitory in University of Ibadan. We are still students.

I know that every investors portfolio dream is a properly diversified portfolio. Sir, Technology in Nigeria has amazing potentials. Mark Zukerberg(6th richest man in the world) invested 26 million dollars in a Nigerian tech company that is based in Yaba Lagos. Sir in the future, there's no doubt that Technology will be a goldmine.

We need a very little investment compared to the amount you initially wish to invest in a FMCG company. Think of it sir, as diversifying your portfolio, I promise you it will be the single most profitable investment.

Sir, permit me to send you a private message so we can discuss this further.

No we don't need 5 million sir, a 500 thousand naira investment will be more effective

Cc Seun Would Seun osewa like to invest?
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by exceltech: 9:01pm On Sep 03, 2016
rusher14:

I cannot expose my private business here but I have been running domiciliary accounts that are well funded without hitch.

I insist your bank would pay out based on the currency deposited in your account.

Nigerian banks are not the best in the world but you cannot give them a reputation they don't have.

I will like to know the bank that always give you your fx when you need it.

Some banks telling their customer that dollar is not available for withdrawal from
dorm account is real not some made up story.

Modified:
I see that your are banking with standard chartered bank,
they have a great reputation when it comes to fx transactions
but the downside is their difficult account opening process.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by exceltech: 9:06pm On Sep 03, 2016
nairaimporter:

Good evening sir,

Like I said before we are a Technology startup. I and my co-founder started www.sellernearby.com from a dormitory in University of Ibadan. We are still students.

I know that every investors portfolio dream is a properly diversified portfolio. Sir, Technology in Nigeria has amazing potentials. Mark Zukerberg(6th richest man in the world) invested 26 million dollars in a Nigerian tech company that is based in Yaba Lagos. Sir in the future, there's no doubt that Technology will be a goldmine.

We need a very little investment compared to the amount you initially wish to invest in a FMCG company. Think of it sir, as diversifying your portfolio, I promise you it will be the single most profitable investment.

Sir, permit me to send you a private message so we can discuss this further.

No we don't need 5 million sir, a 500 thousand naira investment will be more effective

Mark Zukerberg(6th richest man in the world) invested 26 million dollars in a Nigerian tech company that is based in Yaba Lagos.

Please do you know the name of that tech company or what their into ?

1 Like

Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by exceltech: 9:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
zeembab:

LOOKING AT THIS THREAD....IT IS OBVIOUS THAT NIGERIANS HAVE REFUSED TO LEARN FROM OUR COLLECTIVE MISTAKES.

HAS ANYONE EVEN ASKED WHY NAIRA ALWAYS DEPRECIATE AGAINST DOLLAR. THE SIMPLE ANSWER IS.....WE ARE THE MOST UNPRODUCTIVE SET OF SPECIE EVER WALKED THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH.

ALL WE DO IS TO CONSUME OXYGEN.....AND EVERY OTHER RESOURCES PROVIDED BY THE NATURE AND GIVE NOTHING BACK.

IF WE ARE PRODUCTIVE PEOPLE, WEST AFRICA MARKET ALONE IS BIG ENOUGH TO BUY OUR PRODUCE AND PROVIDES THE MUCH NEEDED HARD CURRENCY. UNFORTUNATELY, A LOT OF US WILL BLAME GOVERNMENT.....BLAME EVERYONE ELSE EXCEPT OURSELVES.

UNTIL WE LEARN HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE BASIC PRINCIPLE OF ECONOMY AND BECOME PRODUCTIVE, NOT THE USUAL BUYING AND SELLING WE DO ALL THE TIME.

OUR ECONOMY WILL REMAIN IN THIS WAY......AND GOD WILL NOT EVEN MIND US. EXCEPT WE PLAY BY THE RULE THAT GOVERN THE WORLD.

Your post is a bit insensitive , you are in short blaming the citizens for the state of the economy
even though they do not make the most important decisions.

I am yet to see a country where the citizens decided to start "producing" and reduce consumption
as a means to boost their economy, it is the government that kickstart economic revival not the
ordinary men and women on the street, good examples are the chinese and Singaporean economic
transformation.

I think absolving government of all economic responsibilities is ridiculous because that is the
reason it elected in the first place and the same reason it takes 25% of our yearly
budget as salaries.
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by nairaimporter: 9:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
exceltech:

Mark Zukerberg(6th richest man in the world) invested 26 million dollars in a Nigerian tech company that is based in Yaba Lagos.

Please do you know what that tech company is into ?

The name of the company is Andela
Here's an article that describes them. http://www.wsj.com/articles/zuckerbergs-venture-to-invest-in-startup-andela-1466049783
Re: $309Million Flows Into Nigeria’s Forex Market In One Trading Day by rusher14: 9:53pm On Sep 03, 2016
exceltech:

Your post is a bit insensitive , you are in short blaming the citizens for the state of the economy
even though they do not make the most important decisions.

I am yet to see a country where the citizens decided to start "producing" and reduce consumption
as a means to boost their economy, it is the government that kickstart economic revival not the
ordinary men and women on the street, good examples are the chinese and Singaporean economic
transformation.

I think absolving government of all economic responsibilities is ridiculous because that is the
reason it elected in the first place and the same reason it takes 25% of our yearly
budget as salaries.

[b]He was rather harsh in his statement but sometimes the truth needs to be told.

I've been to Italy a few times and happen to have a few Italian colleagues. I was telling one of them how I'm impressed by just about every Italian family having one line of business or trade mostly craftsmanship that they were into. My colleague told me even his father owned a car making business. In the north of Italy where you get the Ferraris and Ducattis of this world there are many others that aren't well known to us but survive in their own little way.

You get many that own pizzerias, leatherworks, ceramics and tiles name it.

The government has a role but the individuals in government are not aliens. They are made of people like you and me.

If most of us cheat in exams, think Yahoo is a way of life or survival, think farming is beneath us, cannot sit down to make a belt or produce a tool, how in the world would we have a buoyant economy when even countries that do sometimes go through trying times?

Government's role indeed is to provide policies that gives advantage to indigenous businesses, provide infrastructure, emphasise education, provide justice and ensure the true citizens would not be harmed by both internal and external aggression.

There are various other roles of government but job creation really isn't it but the environment for job creation which is in the hand of private citizens.

Some question the need for government to provide a large chunk of its forex on the Dangote refinery but we must understand, we cannot and must not be enriching other nations especially on resources we are naturally blessed to have.

The spinoff coming from such a refinery includes petrochemicals, used in everything from Gym mats to pharmaceuticals. From fertilisers to buckets.

We, as the most populous black nation must prove position on this earth.

We must be self sufficient. We must create and export. We must add to the body of knowledge.

We cannot continue to be at the bottom of the food chain such that every local illness or misfortune we suffer is adduced to Western influence and power.

We must create. [/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Custom Officials, Soldiers Raid Lagos Rice Stores. History Repeating Itself? / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas / CBN Insists It Won’t Reverse Restriction On Naira ATM Card Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.