Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

1₦ Now = $49.00 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1₦ Now = $49.00 (707 Views)

Nigeria Among Countries To Lose Over $11,363,500,000.00 USA Aids To UN Vote / Nigerian Author Sells His Novels For £100.00 In United Kingdom / How I Leaked Sanusi’s Letter On Missing $49 Billion Oil Money – Amaechi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

1₦ Now = $49.00 by KnowAll(m): 8:36am On Aug 30, 2016
If we have tied our currency into the price of a barrel of oil our currency will now be trading at $49.00 from a low $28.00 a year ago.
Re: 1₦ Now = $49.00 by KnowAll(m): 8:49am On Aug 30, 2016
How come the Ghanian cedis and the South African Rand are not fallen like Nigerian Naira. There is something fundermentally wrong with this govt and her policy.

Naira today is 1$ = 414 Naira!!!! Haba
Re: 1₦ Now = $49.00 by KnowAll(m): 8:57am On Aug 30, 2016
If I had 1 barrel of oil last month I will get $40 .

But today I will get $ 49.00 is it not common sense to tie our currency to products especially in our case in Nigeria price of a barrel of oil. undecided

2 Likes

Re: 1₦ Now = $49.00 by acenazt: 9:10am On Aug 30, 2016
See dis guy
Re: 1₦ Now = $49.00 by otosa(m): 9:17am On Aug 30, 2016
No! it's not working ni that way. and I think this is high time to educate ourselves about way forward and the role we need to play if we want naira to rise up again. Our major exportation is Oil and the output of oil is very low now due to the crisis in ND. And Our major importation is almost everything even petrol, paraffin, cloths, foods, home appliances everything name it. thus, this means the money we are sending back there is more than what we are earning. the best way for us now is to increase our exportation to have enough dollars and stop using what we know are not local made to stop over spending of dollars.
Re: 1₦ Now = $49.00 by Boss13: 10:22am On Aug 30, 2016
So why ain't we doing that? Exporting enough outputs? Don't you think because Nigerians are lazy - lazy to create opportunities, lazy to convert their resources into products that can be exported, lazy to think?

We have everything we need to survive in this country. However, we prefer foreign products. Foreign beans, foreign rice, foreign clothes, foreign music/movies, foreign education.

We have created a perception that foreign outputs/activities are better than what we have. Hence, we will continue to import

(1) (Reply)

Dubai Ruler Sheikh Muhammed Pays Unannounced Visit To Govt Office But.... / Former President Goodluck Jonathan Speaks Out / Presidency To Sanction Official Over ‘change Begins With Me’’ Speech

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.