Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, (69290 Views)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2017/2018 Forum / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Police Recruitment Exercise In Rivers Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by bozz007(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
i can relate op.

was in kaduna in 2008 for interview too but was disqualified due to my eye sight (i'm short sighted).

Stepped into camp strolling around with my glasses and some officer called me and asked why i was wearing glasses. I told him I had bad eye sight and then He told me to take off the glasses and pray for an unlikely miracle.

I walked around camp for a week not seeing clearly anything farther than 10m from me....it was really frustrating.

Probably would have gone wit contact lenses if I knew beforehand as the examiner didnt check my eye balls. I had all the connections required but they can't help if you don't pass medicals.

Looking back, I thank God for that disappointment as I'm in a better place now.

19 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by skedy1(m): 2:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
odimbannamdi:

You can say that again, bro. I zeroed my mind the moment i entered that NDA gate. na message wey we send ourselves oo. So nobody complain at all

I tell you!

I was ready for any kind of doze, be it german or italian!
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by skedy1(m): 2:37pm On Aug 31, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Thanks for the enlightenment bro.
Am glad I did.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by ochadey(m): 2:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
Mr writer... Awesome write up.....I passed everything in the medicals nd medical review team said I have deformed legs(k-leg) which wasn't true...I cried when I was evicted, when I was leaving the gate I felt like I should go back cos I deserved to be in not out,I came back home nd cried for up to 3 days..... Am still trying to forget how my chance was ruined, it was a great experience though meeting people....now I can openly honestly tell the world that Nigeria is all about connections..... If u got connect... U are there already......am 100 percent meritable in any aspects...
Am still looking forward to jobs like my great Police, Efcc nd so on... For now am hustling teacher in a secondary school.... In patoranking's voice..no body wey no fit to make am..........may be my eviction was for Good...... The good news is that I will still apply for SSC 45 next year if I might be working then, I got passion for the job.......to me Police is good too.....thanks

7 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by THUNDER4real(m): 2:48pm On Aug 31, 2016
skimmy39:
if everybody no join who will join
O ya go and die ...FOR NOTHING
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by greatbrian(m): 2:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
odimbannamdi:
It had always been my dream to join the Nigerian Army since my NYSC days in 2013/14 at the Nigerian Army Cantonment, Ojo. It seemed the perfect career path where I could deploy my intelligence, wit, strength and patriotism to my country. So, it was with so much eagerness that I applied for the Army SSC recruitment the very day applications were declared open. Thereafter, I started praying to make the first shortlistment, at least

My joy knew no bounds on the 29th of July when I saw my name in The Punch newspaper among the 30 shortlisted candidates from each state expected to report to the NDA old site, Kaduna on the 5th of August. I could hardly sleep at night due to excitement. So my dream was finally coming through. I was finally going to become an officer with the Nigerian Army.

I reported at Kaduna for the screening by exactly 3:30pm on the 5th of August. Only 17 people showed up for the screening from my state (Abia State): 15 on the first day, and another 2 a few days later.

A semi-apron-like blue tag containing a 2 lettered abbreviation of your state of origin and number was issued to every candidate, to be won all through the screening period (mine was AB08). Officially, we were to be known and regarded by this tag number. You would hear stuffs like “AB08, how far na? GB14, old boy I dey o” At some point, we all forgot our names. Lol. Also, it is this number you would send to your sponsors for influential purposes

An adhoc screening board made up of a Major General (the president of the board), 3 Colonels, 3 Lieutenant Colonels (the board secretary was one of them), 3 Captains (the board Admin Officer was one of them) and 3 Lieutenants was set up.

The first screening stage was vetting of candidates’ credentials to ascertain their authenticity and whether we would still be below the required maximum age of 29 by October. A Lt. Col. (the C.O. of 1div Hospital at NDA new site) screened for my state and he was very thorough. I noticed that the Army even prefers you to be younger than the minimum required age.

The next screening stage was writing an aptitude test. Candidates were divided into 3 groups. 1st group wrote at the hall just adjacent the parade ground. 2nd group wrote at the Cadet mess while the 3rd group (which included my state) wrote at the staff school, (one Professor Yahaya or so hall)

The test comprised of 4 sections:

- An essay (WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN THE NIGERIAN ARMY) of 500 – 1000words
- 10 English questions
- Around 7 Maths questions (can’t remember exactly now)
- Around 15 – 20 current affairs questions (cant remember exactly too)

The test was over in 2hours time. I gathered that the test was aimed at gauging our communicative ability, so more attention was paid to the essay and english objective questions. Some candidates were evicted based on the result of this test.

The next screening stage was the “almighty” medical and physical examination. As a result of the mammoth crowd and many tests we were supposed to undergo, we were shared into various groups. My state and some other states first went to the Medical Reception Station (MRS) for Xray. The next day, some of us went to 1div hospital, new NDA site, for blood tests, physical, dental and optical examination, checking of Blood pressure and BMI.

Considering the significance of this stage to a candidate’s final selection, I will try to explain each test further

Physical examination: Here, we were stripped Unclad, asked to stand straight with our hands placed at varying positions (this is to check if we have a bad posture such as kyphosis [hunched back] or lordosis) and our feet making a V-shape (to check for flat feet). The number of our testes was checked. We were then asked to grab our buttocks, bend down with our anus very visible and cough (this is to check if we have had pile before)

Blood and urine tests: Over 5mls of our blood was drawn and our urine taken in a sterile bottle. We were tested for diseases such Hepatitis B, HIV, Syphilis etc. I think our blood group and genotype were also checked

Blood Pressure reading: Being in a cool environment (such as an air-conditioned room), prior to checking your blood pressure, helps calm you down, consequently normalizing it. One Corporal Mike hinted us that the optimal reading is 120/90 or 110/80, while anything more than 140/90 is regarded as being high.

Body Mass Index (BMI): Our height and weight were measured, after taking off our shoes. The readings were used to determine our BMI. The full diameter of our chest during deep inhaling was also measured

Eye examination: We were asked to read letters from an eye chart placed about 10meters and 0.5meter away from us with one of our eyes closed at each time. Next, we were asked to decipher letters printed in colour patterns. Both tests were used to detect if we have long or short-sightedness and Astigmatism

Dental Examination: The alignment, number and grip of our teeth were also checked

The medical and physical examinations took almost 5days to conclude. Any state that finishes its medicals proceeded to do the psychology tests.

During the Psychology tests, 2 Lieutenants shared a booklet containing questions that tried to figure out our history of stimulants/drugs usage. The questions were structured in a way that when you lie in the first question, you would have to keep lying to the end. LOL.

Alcohol usage kind of raised a controversy among candidates because almost every young man has, at one point or the other, taken a sip of the contents of the green bottle. But I observed that as long as your alcohol usage wasnt a source of worry to your loved ones or you haven’t suffered a challenge arising from it (of course, the questions asked us that), then it wasn’t enough to disqualify you.

However, other classes of stimulants used via smoking, inhaling, sniffing or injecting, I observed too, disqualified some candidates. I think they tested their urine for the presence of such stimulants, cant say exactly. We were further interviewed based on our answers
The results of the medical and psychology tests were announced together and candidates were consequently evicted.

I WAS EVICTED AT THIS STAGE TOO. I will talk about it soon

HOW RESULTS OF EACH SCREENING STAGE WAS ANNOUNCED[/b]

To a very great extent, the screening process was transparent.

Upon completion of each screening stage, the board members met and compiled the list of candidates who are “suspects of eviction”. All members of the board then arrive the parade ground to meet orderly but very anxious candidates.

Starting from Abia state, the board secretary calls out names of candidates who are made to immediately shout “Yes Sir!” with a leap and, along with their credentials, jogs to a part of the parade ground and sits on the ground.

Candidates who were flagged for eviction resulting from credentials screening were subjected to a review where their credentials were looked at again before final eviction.

The aptitude test stage did not need a review, of course. You don fail you don fail. No argument.

After the first set of medical and physical examinations, candidates were taken back to 1div hospital for review. Here, if you fell short of the accepted standard in any of the tests, apart from the blood and urine tests, you would be called in to be reviewed by the medical team.

Evictions resulting from the medical and psychological tests was, perhaps, the most touching and monumental. Lol. When the soldiers and officers were telling us that “medicals must drop over half of all of you. That one na dole”, we thought they were only envious of our would-be officer status.

The evening the results ought to have been announced, we waited for the board members till 10pm in the night. The secretary later came and told us that the results would be announced the next day. He instructed us to come to the parade ground with our bags the next morning.

The next morning, around 7am or later, all members of the board arrived the parade ground along with a public address system. There was a different kind of aura in the air. The atmosphere was so tensed.

Mounting the PAS, the board secretary started, “Candidates! Today, my problems will be reduced. Most of you will go back to your villages. The Nigerian Army does not compromise on health issues. If you hear your number, carry your kaya and run out. Is that clear!” Then he started

MY EVICTION
I was far from surprised when I heard my name. I saw it coming.

I was born with a flat feet, umbilical hernia (i.e. a painless prominent navel) and poor right eye vision. For as long as I can remember, distanced objects appear very blurry when viewed using only my right eye (with my left eye closed). I never thought it was something to worry about because I have perfect sight with my both eyes working.

All these were flagged during the medical tests and I was reviewed based on them again.

It was with a broken heart that I picked up my kaya and jogged to the drill shed to await further instructions.

Indeed, over half of the candidates were evicted based on medical and psychological grounds. In fact, Ogun state saw over 20 of its candidates sent packing, leaving behind just 4!

After calling out the names, the board members came to address us. A lucky few who were evicted for being overweight were called out and asked to go back and join up. Then the rest of us were individually called out and told the reasons for our eviction afterwhich our beloved tags were taken away from us.

As I left NDA gate, hot tears flowed down my cheeks. I was evicted for features my God created me with and not what I acquired. It was really painful.

But in everything, I give Him the glory because He knows the end from the beginning.

I will be dropping the fun part of life in NDA, the psyching from the officers and soldiers that made some candidates run away, the jobs we served and the pertinent lectures about the Army we got from Captain Abdullahi.

Stay tuned

GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN ARMY! GOD BLESS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF

Sorry abt ur eviction bro. Hope u met Cpt Abdu there. Flat foot and the navel issue its a very delicate one in the nigerian Army since as an officer to be u will always be on boot for more than 12 hours in a day and a belt round ur navel which most people with navel cant bear the pain

Stiil I believe its an experience u can't forget... U can't retry bro I believe so much in grace and apart I tried Nda 4 times before I finally made itm. God bless u bro. CONGRATS IN ANTICIPATION FOR NEXT YEAR

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by skimmy39: 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
people are dead today so you can live, i hope you don't feel that was for nothing
THUNDER4real:
O ya go and die ...FOR NOTHING

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by THUNDER4real(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
skimmy39:
people are dead today so you can live, i hope you don't feel that was for nothing
They died for NOTHING as far as Nigerian army is concern. What they died for would have ended in dialogue/ they would have been better equipped before facing the enemy. If I am op, I would have thanked God I was not selected. Because after 6 months na Niger Delta / Boko boys, and before next year December, the family will conduct his burial ceremony....This is the truth...and nothing but the truth...

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by otukelechi(m): 3:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
best write up ever on nairaland. I'm still preparing to apply after my degree program in 2 years time. I just wish I would get lucky and come back here to share my testimony with my fellow hardworking country men.

long live NA
long live COAS
long live ebonyi state
long live to the federal republic of nigeria

4 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by popizaino(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
OP I will pay to read any of your books. your write - up was dope. can't believe you don't own a section of any of our newspapers for timely articles.

you are almost the 6th person I no that bears odim and all came from abia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by ollyfessy(m): 3:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
so touching. beta dayz ahead bro. Keep d fire burning. God bless U, Go bless NA, God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by advocatebaba(m): 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=1stCitizen post=48951061]

Sorry I don't get what you are saying okay?. Other armies in developed countries do medical and physical checks but not to start counting your testes or checking inside your anus. Very crude and degrading.

You are not subjected to such degrading checks in the British Army and they still produce better professional and fit soldiers than the joke of an army Nigeria has.
After all these rubbish what happens if the person develops all these conditions later on. When other countries are putting adequate Medicare in place for soldiers, Nigeria is doing crude checks.

What is the point of all the checks when you still produce unfit and poorly trained and ill equipped soldiers who are only good at...NICE ONE BT NOTWISTANDING WE STIL HAV WEL TRAINED SOLDIERS BT JST DAT WE NID 2ADVANCE 2MODERN DAY TECHNOLOGICAL AND ADVANCE WAY OF COMBATING CRIMES ND AL ODA RELATED OFFENCES. WE WIL GET THERE AS TYM GOESBY. BT U NID 2B MEDICALY ND PHYSICALI FIT DATS NUM 1 ON NIG MIL3 LIST
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by dwilliams: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2016
what did you say the maximum age was 28,for this era of ASUU,delayed NTSC,some professional courses dat would last up to 5 or 6 years, ow can one meet up.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by zikter(m): 4:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
dukeolumde:
How many "ABOKII'S" in Nigerian Army can SPELL their surnames correctly talk more of writing an essay?? angry

MODIFIED: (In BUHARI'S voice) Let's KWAANTINU deceiving ourself grin grin grin grin
Watching Nigeria on CARTOON NETWORK IN HD3 angry
contribute meaningfully to the topic and stop this childish behavior. don't you think the abokis don't have professors in their rank? am sure you must have heard of at least a jega in your life.
back to the topic, a great job you have done op. am sure this will help some people who have the zeal for NA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by calabaman(m): 4:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
odimbannamdi:
It had always been my dream to join the Nigerian Army since my NYSC days in 2013/14 at the Nigerian Army Cantonment, Ojo. It seemed the perfect career path where I could deploy my intelligence, wit, strength and patriotism to my country. So, it was with so much eagerness that I applied for the Army SSC recruitment the very day applications were declared open. Thereafter, I started praying to make the first shortlistment, at least

My joy knew no bounds on the 29th of July when I saw my name in The Punch newspaper among the 30 shortlisted candidates from each state expected to report to the NDA old site, Kaduna on the 5th of August. I could hardly sleep at night due to excitement. So my dream was finally coming through. I was finally going to become an officer with the Nigerian Army.

I reported at Kaduna for the screening by exactly 3:30pm on the 5th of August. Only 17 people showed up for the screening from my state (Abia State): 15 on the first day, and another 2 a few days later.

A semi-apron-like blue tag containing a 2 lettered abbreviation of your state of origin and number was issued to every candidate, to be won all through the screening period (mine was AB08). Officially, we were to be known and regarded by this tag number. You would hear stuffs like “AB08, how far na? GB14, old boy I dey o” At some point, we all forgot our names. Lol. Also, it is this number you would send to your sponsors for influential purposes

An adhoc screening board made up of a Major General (the president of the board), 3 Colonels, 3 Lieutenant Colonels (the board secretary was one of them), 3 Captains (the board Admin Officer was one of them) and 3 Lieutenants was set up.

The first screening stage was vetting of candidates’ credentials to ascertain their authenticity and whether we would still be below the required maximum age of 29 by October. A Lt. Col. (the C.O. of 1div Hospital at NDA new site) screened for my state and he was very thorough. I noticed that the Army even prefers you to be younger than the minimum required age.

The next screening stage was writing an aptitude test. Candidates were divided into 3 groups. 1st group wrote at the hall just adjacent the parade ground. 2nd group wrote at the Cadet mess while the 3rd group (which included my state) wrote at the staff school, (one Professor Yahaya or so hall)

The test comprised of 4 sections:

- An essay (WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN THE NIGERIAN ARMY) of 500 – 1000words
- 10 English questions
- Around 7 Maths questions (can’t remember exactly now)
- Around 15 – 20 current affairs questions (cant remember exactly too)

The test was over in 2hours time. I gathered that the test was aimed at gauging our communicative ability, so more attention was paid to the essay and english objective questions. Some candidates were evicted based on the result of this test.

The next screening stage was the “almighty” medical and physical examination. As a result of the mammoth crowd and many tests we were supposed to undergo, we were shared into various groups. My state and some other states first went to the Medical Reception Station (MRS) for Xray. The next day, some of us went to 1div hospital, new NDA site, for blood tests, physical, dental and optical examination, checking of Blood pressure and BMI.

Considering the significance of this stage to a candidate’s final selection, I will try to explain each test further

Physical examination: Here, we were stripped Unclad, asked to stand straight with our hands placed at varying positions (this is to check if we have a bad posture such as kyphosis [hunched back] or lordosis) and our feet making a V-shape (to check for flat feet). The number of our testes was checked. We were then asked to grab our buttocks, bend down with our anus very visible and cough (this is to check if we have had pile before)

Blood and urine tests: Over 5mls of our blood was drawn and our urine taken in a sterile bottle. We were tested for diseases such Hepatitis B, HIV, Syphilis etc. I think our blood group and genotype were also checked

Blood Pressure reading: Being in a cool environment (such as an air-conditioned room), prior to checking your blood pressure, helps calm you down, consequently normalizing it. One Corporal Mike hinted us that the optimal reading is 120/90 or 110/80, while anything more than 140/90 is regarded as being high.

Body Mass Index (BMI): Our height and weight were measured, after taking off our shoes. The readings were used to determine our BMI. The full diameter of our chest during deep inhaling was also measured

Eye examination: We were asked to read letters from an eye chart placed about 10meters and 0.5meter away from us with one of our eyes closed at each time. Next, we were asked to decipher letters printed in colour patterns. Both tests were used to detect if we have long or short-sightedness and Astigmatism

Dental Examination: The alignment, number and grip of our teeth were also checked

The medical and physical examinations took almost 5days to conclude. Any state that finishes its medicals proceeded to do the psychology tests.

During the Psychology tests, 2 Lieutenants shared a booklet containing questions that tried to figure out our history of stimulants/drugs usage. The questions were structured in a way that when you lie in the first question, you would have to keep lying to the end. LOL.

Alcohol usage kind of raised a controversy among candidates because almost every young man has, at one point or the other, taken a sip of the contents of the green bottle. But I observed that as long as your alcohol usage wasnt a source of worry to your loved ones or you haven’t suffered a challenge arising from it (of course, the questions asked us that), then it wasn’t enough to disqualify you.

However, other classes of stimulants used via smoking, inhaling, sniffing or injecting, I observed too, disqualified some candidates. I think they tested their urine for the presence of such stimulants, cant say exactly. We were further interviewed based on our answers
The results of the medical and psychology tests were announced together and candidates were consequently evicted.

I WAS EVICTED AT THIS STAGE TOO. I will talk about it soon

HOW RESULTS OF EACH SCREENING STAGE WAS ANNOUNCED[/b]

To a very great extent, the screening process was transparent.

Upon completion of each screening stage, the board members met and compiled the list of candidates who are “suspects of eviction”. All members of the board then arrive the parade ground to meet orderly but very anxious candidates.

Starting from Abia state, the board secretary calls out names of candidates who are made to immediately shout “Yes Sir!” with a leap and, along with their credentials, jogs to a part of the parade ground and sits on the ground.

Candidates who were flagged for eviction resulting from credentials screening were subjected to a review where their credentials were looked at again before final eviction.

The aptitude test stage did not need a review, of course. You don fail you don fail. No argument.

After the first set of medical and physical examinations, candidates were taken back to 1div hospital for review. Here, if you fell short of the accepted standard in any of the tests, apart from the blood and urine tests, you would be called in to be reviewed by the medical team.

Evictions resulting from the medical and psychological tests was, perhaps, the most touching and monumental. Lol. When the soldiers and officers were telling us that “medicals must drop over half of all of you. That one na dole”, we thought they were only envious of our would-be officer status.

The evening the results ought to have been announced, we waited for the board members till 10pm in the night. The secretary later came and told us that the results would be announced the next day. He instructed us to come to the parade ground with our bags the next morning.

The next morning, around 7am or later, all members of the board arrived the parade ground along with a public address system. There was a different kind of aura in the air. The atmosphere was so tensed.

Mounting the PAS, the board secretary started, “Candidates! Today, my problems will be reduced. Most of you will go back to your villages. The Nigerian Army does not compromise on health issues. If you hear your number, carry your kaya and run out. Is that clear!” Then he started

MY EVICTION
I was far from surprised when I heard my name. I saw it coming.

I was born with a flat feet, umbilical hernia (i.e. a painless prominent navel) and poor right eye vision. For as long as I can remember, distanced objects appear very blurry when viewed using only my right eye (with my left eye closed). I never thought it was something to worry about because I have perfect sight with my both eyes working.

All these were flagged during the medical tests and I was reviewed based on them again.

It was with a broken heart that I picked up my kaya and jogged to the drill shed to await further instructions.

Indeed, over half of the candidates were evicted based on medical and psychological grounds. In fact, Ogun state saw over 20 of its candidates sent packing, leaving behind just 4!

After calling out the names, the board members came to address us. A lucky few who were evicted for being overweight were called out and asked to go back and join up. Then the rest of us were individually called out and told the reasons for our eviction afterwhich our beloved tags were taken away from us.

As I left NDA gate, hot tears flowed down my cheeks. I was evicted for features my God created me with and not what I acquired. It was really painful.

But in everything, I give Him the glory because He knows the end from the beginning.

I will be dropping the fun part of life in NDA, the psyching from the officers and soldiers that made some candidates run away, the jobs we served and the pertinent lectures about the Army we got from Captain Abdullahi.

Stay tuned

GOD BLESS THE NIGERIAN ARMY! GOD BLESS CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF

---------
Sorry OP.

I was evicted during the 2012 selection exercise for having flatfoot.

Hasn't killed my love for the Army, however, as the Nigerian army has rejected me.

Am going to try joining the US Army.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by mgolo(m): 5:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
@odimbannamdi
I read but have rarely made comments here...BUT

You write so well ... considering your generation. That was a nice prose... fluid, convincing and matured. And not abusive and denigrating. I am sure you must have impressed those officers in your comprehension but for the other essentials for your own safety and same for a future team.

1) Expand your objective experience into a short article or into a semi-comical script for a short film. I know that was serious business of screening. Add a dose of the serious bit and be factual.

2) Find a career path where you can express this God-given talent you have shown here. This is very much missed today.
And I was impressed by the Nigerian Army's approach to doing a good job, going by your words as served us here.
God bless you and God Bless Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
that's exactly how Nigeria navy dssc looks like... I was stop based on medical reasons but they refuse to tell us
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by zikter(m): 5:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
1stCitizen:

Sorry I don't get what you are saying okay?. Other armies in developed countries do medical and physical checks but not to start counting your testes or checking inside your anus. Very crude and degrading.

You are not subjected to such degrading checks in the British Army and they still produce better professional and fit soldiers than the joke of an army Nigeria has.
After all these rubbish what happens if the person develops all these conditions later on. When other countries are putting adequate Medicare in place for soldiers, Nigeria is doing crude checks.

What is the point of all the checks when you still produce unfit and poorly trained and ill equipped soldiers who are only good at terrorizing innocent civilians.
bros calm down now. NA is never unfit or poorly trained. I'll equipped yes I agree with you. they have achieved so much in ECOWAS and UN missions. the progress with BH is a testament to the fact that, once equipped properly our army can perform well
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 31, 2016
My Brother, Thank God you are alive to tell this story.My only dream job is the Nigerian Army. was shortlisted in 2009. after the 11km race, 5 persons died. even persons certified medically fit.

Am Over the age now, will prepare my young son on this line if he so wishes. Career in the military is great. My father served and fought the Civil war. great memories.

Cheers ops

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by homosapien(m): 5:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
claremont:

If you ever get the opportunity to visit the UK, you are eligible to apply to join the British Army. What you got evicted for by the Nigerian Army are things that do not matter in most Armies in developed countries i.e. UK, US, French. If the issues you have are identified during the recruitment phase into these Armies, you will be issued with Glasses to sort out your eyesight, you will also be issued with modified boots and trainers to sort out your flat feet. I think the Nigerian Army is not following medical best practice due to too many
applicants for very few openings, so they have increased the medical clearance benchmark to weed out people on flimsy excuses. Good luck.

I have been thinking along that line ever since Nigeria Navy, Airforce, Police, immigration and recently army think I am not good enough. The guys is even lucky, at least he was shortlisted. In my own case I was not except for immigration that I got to the interview stage before I was rule out.

I have been researching about aforementioned country and their military recruitment process. But one thing confusing me now is, will American or UK accept my Nigeria degrees to enable me qualify for their officers course.

I don't mind if you can enlighten me. I gave myself about two years from now to leave Nigeria for US to join the American Navy. I need information so I don't to mitigated mistakes. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by claremont(m): 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
homosapien:

I have been thinking along that line ever since Nigeria Navy, Airforce, Police, immigration and recently army think I am not good enough. The guys is even lucky, at least he was shortlisted. In my own case I was not except for immigration that I got to the interview stage before I was rule out.

I have been researching about aforementioned country and their military recruitment process. But one thing confusing me now is, will American or UK accept my Nigeria degrees to enable me qualify for their officers course.

I don't mind if you can enlighten me. I gave myself about two years from now to leave Nigeria for US to join the American Navy. I need information so I don't to mitigated mistakes. Thanks

No, but you can join the British Army as a soldier (No qualifications needed), then transfer to an officer later in your career when you meet the residency and academic requirement. I think you would need a green card in order to join the US Army, except you speak Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo fluently and have lived in the US for at least 2 years prior to application. I'm not too conversant with the US Army recruitment requirements.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
AustinowithaC:

I really want to agree with your opinion on medical improvisation of developed countries; but I will advise that you start acknowledging and been proud of your honorable country. on the other hand, your acclaimed country of comparison lasted years before they get to where they are today. Nigeria will surely be better, notwithstanding we are just in our late 50's. Before you quote me wrong, I know we are behind but we are getting there.
With that been cleared; In physiotherapy is either you use the designated device or you use oral diagnosis. the opening of your Anus is simply to check Pile availability while the testes count is to limit the danger that you will be exposed to. Generally, the series of test conducted by the Nigerian Army is unequivocally Valid.

Good one Op.
#AbiaTeam

Sorry I will never acknowledge mediocrity. It's the reason why Nigeria is backward in Africa.

I would have agreed with you that progress is being made if not that it seems opposite as the whole system was better off in the 50's,60's and 70's than now. Guy which progress?

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
claremont:

That's incorrect. All Armies do the medical tests the OP got tested on, only difference is that most Armies will not disqualify the OP for his eyesight and flat foot. He will be issued corrective glasses and boots. The British Army also checks the testes and hernia the same way the OP spoke about.

Obviously you omitted my first statement which is that other armies do medicals then started your argument by repeating what I have already said. undecided

Listen no one will check your anus in the British army. C'mon..this is the 21st century. Jeez!!!!
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
zikter:
bros calm down now. NA is never unfit or poorly trained. I'll equipped yes I agree with you. they have achieved so much in ECOWAS and UN missions. the progress with BH is a testament to the fact that, once equipped properly our army can perform well

Guy I cannot calm down when they keep producing unprofessional soldiers who have no regard for the Geneva convention and raze whole communities down just to arrest one person.

In times of flood in Europe you see soldiers helping with sandbags and evacuation.

The only time you see the average Nigerian soldier on the streets someone is bound to get beaten or forced to frog jump.

They are ill trained with pot bellied senior officers unfit to go to battle. Anus check kor anus check ni

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by DeBlunt: 6:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
claremont:

No, but you can join the British Army as a soldier (No qualifications needed), then transfer to an officer later in your career when you meet the residency and academic requirement. I think you would need a green card in order to join the US Army, except you speak Hausa/Yoruba/Igbo fluently and have lived in the US for at least 2 years prior to application. I'm not too conversant with the US Army recruitment requirements.

This is a false statement. Only few (soldier) roles in the British Army require no qualifications, most require at least GCSE others A-levels and maybe a degree.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Kirinwa: 7:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
odimbannamdi:

Its not sir. I was at the Army SSC screen exercise in Kaduna 2weeks ago. So, thats just a bit of my experiences there

I don't wish to call you daft but deep down I feel you are. You not only exposed yourself but implicated some officers in your post.

I doubt the Nigerian army would congratulate you for this.

NB: I detest the part where you were stripped unclad and your anus was scrutinised as well as your blokkus.
*in Emmanuella's voice
This Uncle has small peepee. Heehehe.

Why would they discriminate against those with HiV? I think its hypocrisy if they don't check all the serving staff of the army cos some of them checking have it.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Jaygrl(f): 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
Kirinwa:

I don't wish to call you daft but deep down I feel you are. You not only exposed yourself but implicated some officers in your post.

I doubt the Nigerian army would congratulate you for this.

NB: I detest the part where you were stripped unclad and your anus was scrutinised as well as your blokkus.
*in Emmanuella's voice
This Uncle has small peepee. Heehehe.

Why would they discriminate against those with HiV? I think its hypocrisy if they don't check all the serving staff of the army cos some of them checking have it.
How did he implicate officers in his post?

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nice post OP.I feel your pain.I was once in your shoe,but it was with the SSS.I reached the oral interview stage with the State Director.I so much love intelligence job.But I couldn't make it to be an officer.
Cheer up!The country need your intelligence and skills in other sectors.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by CaptainRahl(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
Baddchristy:
Can one be disqualify because of dental issues like one missing a tooth
yes please.
Re: A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, by Princeroyal: 8:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
my brother u just reminded me when I went for navy dssc screening In onne ph,everything u said here was what I witnessed over there.I have flair for military,I applied for this army SSC and I wasn't short listed long live Nigeria army and military.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

More Nigerians Applying For FRSC 2018 Recruitment Than Previous Years / Ogun Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2016 (ASCON Exam Form Out) / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.