Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency (6161 Views)

Recall Of Suspended Judges: NJC Fires Back, Says Presidency Lied To Nigerians / APC Panel Recommends Cancellation Of Ondo Primary Result / Fayose Is Hopelessly Confused, Needs Prayers, Says Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by michade(m): 2:39am On Aug 31, 2016
With few days to the governorship primary of the All Progressives Congress in Ondo State, the Presidency has waded into the crisis over alleged plans by the National Leader of the party, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to impose an aspirant (Segun Abraham) on them.

The Presidency which specifically said President Muhammad Buhari and the APC-led government had no preferred candidate in Ondo State, warned that “government will come hard on anyone that does anything that in anyway jeopardises the peace and security of Ondo State.”

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Babachir David Lawal, made the clarification in Abuja, after a closed-door meeting with the 24 aspirants of the party in his office, which lasted about four hours.

The SGF also demanded that 10 of the aspirants who had yet to sign an undertaking with the Department of State Services to be of good conduct would do so.

He said, “We wish to reiterate that the government of President Muhammadu Buhari has no preferred candidate among the 24 aspirants and the government will do all in its powers to provide a level-playing field for all the 24 APC governorship aspirants. We expect that every one of the aspirants will work hard to be in the favour of the delegates. We expect there should be no inducement of delegates and there will be no violence during the election.

“I will like to also assure the people that all the security agents will be properly briefed and properly deployed to guarantee the safety and security of lives and property of the people of Ondo State, delegates and aspirants alike. The President wishes each and every one of you the best of luck. For whoever emerges as the successful candidate on Saturday, be rest assured that you have the full support of the machinery of the party behind you.

“We like to reassure the people that as a government, there is no preferred candidate and as a government, we will work hard to ensure that everyone is given a level-playing field so that anyone that God has ordained as the preferred candidate will so emerge. All the other aspirants have agreed to line-up behind whoever emerges so that we move forward. I want to assure you that soon, Ondo State will become an APC state.”

The National Secretary of the APC, Mai Mala Buni, also restated the position of its leadership to provide a level-playing field for all aspirants.

“This party (APC) is committed to providing free and fair election because the members that we are sending to conduct this primary election are up to the task.

“As for the question of either camping or inducing delegates, I am sure our delegates are people that no one can control their minds. Nobody at any level will influence their decisions”, he stated.

http://9jaspotlights..com.ng/2016/08/ondo-primary-buhari-has-no-preferred.html

1 Share

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by egift(m): 2:53am On Aug 31, 2016
The candidates should go out campaign and engage the people. Put forward their plans and listen to the inputs from the masses to understand what is more important to them.

2 Likes

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Flexherbal(m): 4:23am On Aug 31, 2016
Ok.
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Lifestone(m): 5:34am On Aug 31, 2016
The ongoing distraction is a needless one by APC. Ondo State will resist imposition be it from anywhere.
It is wrong for Tinubu to have openly endorsed a candidate and expect others to keep quiet. An election that should have been a walkover for APC is now complicated by the sheer ambition of an individual called Tinubu.
I listened to ADABA fm (owned by TVC) in Akure last Saturday during a chanced visit to the state, where all other aspirants were classified as incompetent except the candidate of Asiwaju with a promise that APC leader has agreed to bankroll his election. In Ondo State, that na bad market for APC.
I sincerely hope APC won't score another own goal like ACN did in 2012

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Nobody: 6:20am On Aug 31, 2016
APC will win. Ondo is in the bag already. Remains the SS and SE states
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by IVORY2009(m): 6:25am On Aug 31, 2016
searchiing4love:
APC will win. Ondo is in the bag already. Remains the SS and SE states

Win ke! oya na... grin

8 Likes

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Progressive01(m): 6:33am On Aug 31, 2016
Baba's policy of non-interference, which is a good thing in itself, is the reason we ended up with charlatans manning sensitive posts in the NASS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by IVORY2009(m): 6:37am On Aug 31, 2016
Lolzzzz the president has no prefered candidate indeed, dat is wat we will be told, but der will be some under ground things going on behind close doors.

1 Like

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by NameChecker: 8:36am On Aug 31, 2016
Really?
Just Passing

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 31, 2016
In as much as the APC national leadership will be interested in the Ondo elections, I don't think PMB would be, don't see him much as a politician.

PDP will definitely lose Ondo, it's a sure bet, they must be flushed out of the SW willy-nilly

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by VikAK: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2016
Who ask una ?
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by alphamodel1(m): 8:39am On Aug 31, 2016
A confused president to nominate someone? Hell no!!!
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Nobody: 8:40am On Aug 31, 2016
You accused me of being a tribalist and claimed to be just register on NL. I just busted you. Stop being an hypocrite. The fact that I don't agree with your views doesn't make me a tribal bigot.

NameChecker:
Really?
Just Passing

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by princedmiayer(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2016
xo if em get or em no get .. how e kari improve the 1naira to 1dollar tins. gerarahear
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by edlion57(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2016
Pdp taking over....

1 Like

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Kaybee14(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2016
A level playing ground should be given to all the aspirants. It is now left for the masses to vote for the candidate they believe that will take the sunshine state to the summit of greatness.
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by malonephill(m): 8:48am On Aug 31, 2016
Lifestone:
The ongoing distraction is a needless one by APC. Ondo State will resist imposition be it from anywhere.
It is wrong for Tinubu to have openly endorsed a candidate and expect others to keep quiet. An election that should have been a walkover for APC is now complicated by the sheer ambition of an individual called Tinubu.
I listened to ADABA fm (owned by TVC) in Akure last Saturday during a chanced visit to the state, where all other aspirants were classified as incompetent except the candidate of Asiwaju with a promise that APC leader has agreed to bankroll his election. In Ondo State, that na bad market for APC.
your hope is hopeless then! Cos is glaring APC will win no matter what.......

It is also obvious buhari doesn't know what he saying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Souljerj: 8:50am On Aug 31, 2016
DID TINUBU TELL ANY ASPIRANT TO STEP DOWN -NO

SO WHY IS EVERY DICK ND HARRY NEWS OUTLET SAYING TINUBU IS IMPOSING

IT IS GOING TO.BE AN OPEN ELECTION

NO 1 VAN FORCE D DELEGATES TO VOTE 4 ANY1

AND OF U ARE A LEADER WOULD U ALLOW SOME1 4RM ANODA PARTY TO COME AND TAKEOVER THE STRUCTURES - HELL NO

A STATE THAT IS HAVING ISSUE WIF ALASOADURA

AND GUESS WAT THE SENATOR AND OKE 2 FORMER PDP MEN ARE PART OF THE ASPIRANTS

JAGABAN CAN TALK TO THE LEADERS IN THE STATE BUT CANNOT FORCE THEM ALL TO VOTE FOR ABRAHAM

EVEN IN LAGOS AMBODE DIDN'T HAVE 90% VOTES IN HIS PRIMARY
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Omonigeriarere: 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
edlion57:
Pdp taking over....

Which party is currently ruling Ondo? It seems you have another meaning for "taking over".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Phiniter(m): 8:55am On Aug 31, 2016
egift:
The candidates should go out campaign and engage the people. Put forward their plans and listen to the inputs from the masses to understand what is more important to them.

Even the aPc National knows it will be tricky and showing their faces in front of this people so its up to the Locals irrespective of parties to woo their people
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by engrMikemd(m): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2016
we ar watching
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by lovat(m): 9:05am On Aug 31, 2016
Bolustic:
In as much as the APC national leadership will be interested in the Ondo elections, I don't think PMB would be, don't see him much as a politician.

PDP will definitely lose Ondo, it's a sure bet, they must be flushed out of the SW willy-nilly
Corper pray tell if the workers in Oyo and Osun crying daily know the different parties

1 Like

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2016
too much talk, no action
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by GoldenJAT(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2016
none of my business...all i know is that a candidate will certainly emerge.
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by NameChecker: 9:24am On Aug 31, 2016
Bolustic:
You accused me of being a tribalist and claimed to be just register on NL. I just busted you. Stop being an hypocrite. The fact that I don't agree with your views doesn't make me a tribal bigot.

Bolustic
Another member (who accused you) opened an account with my moniker.
check the below image for verification.

My moniker is - NAMECHECKER
His/Her moniker is NAMECHECKERS
Did you notice the addition of letter "S"?

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 31, 2016
Lifestone:
In a democratic dispensation, an individual is FREE to have his/her preferred candidate (You, I and Tinubu inclusive)

It's left for the delegates to decide via voting.
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 31, 2016
lovat:
Corper pray tell if the workers in Oyo and Osun crying daily know the different parties
Payment of corp member isn't a party thing, it's the state of the nation's economy, some PDP states too aren't paying, Akwa Ibom (a PDP oil producing state) recently slashed their state allowance from 10k to 5k. Sokoto currently pays 5k either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by shakaZuIlu: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2016
[s]
Progressive01:
Baba's policy of non-interference, which is a good thing in itself, is the reason we ended up with charlatans manning sensitive posts in the NASS.
[/s]
ngeneukwenu you can run but you can't hide grin

1 Like

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by signz: 9:43am On Aug 31, 2016
The short and long story of what is happening in Ondo APC is that some powers outside of SW wants to cut Tinubu's power in SW. They want to limit his power to only Lagos.

If they succeed in Ondo, they have a good chance of succeeding in Osun, Ogun,... till sommeone makes a crazy suggestion to Ambode on his 2nd term.
Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Lifestone(m): 9:59am On Aug 31, 2016
malonephill:
your hope is hopeless then! Cos is glaring APC will win no matter what.......

It is also obvious buhari doesn't know what he saying.
Your conclusion of APC's victory before election is arrogant. While I agree that Mimiko has destroyed the PDP chances, APC may give him another lifeline the way this simple issue is been made difficult.

1 Like

Re: ONDO PRIMARY: Buhari Has No Preferred Candidate In Ondo APC, Says Presidency by Lifestone(m): 10:05am On Aug 31, 2016
omojoshy:
In a democratic dispensation, an individual is FREE to have his/her preferred candidate (You, I and Tinubu inclusive)

It's left for the delegates to decide via voting.
Yes I agree that Tinubu has the democratic right to choices, but as a leader, such choice should have been made quietly and not about calling the State chairman of the party and directing him to work towards the emergence of a particular candidate. As it should have been expected the outcome may spell doom for the party if not well managed

(1) (2) (Reply)

JJT (johnson, Jakande And Tinubu) Recreational Park And Garden. PIC. / Implications Of The Results So Far / Easter Celebration: President Buhari Felicitates With Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.