Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,275 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management (1010 Views)

Aero Contractors Explains What Caused The Smoke On The PortHarcourt-Lagos Flight / Passengers Stranded As Aero Contractors Airlines Suspends Operation (photos) / Aero Contractors Airlines Nigeria Suspends Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by TolstoyFan: 1:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
Nigeria’s second largest commercial carrier,Aero Contractors Airlines, has announced the suspension of its scheduled services beginning from Thursday September 1, 2016. This was disclosed in a statement signed by the carrier’s management on Wednesday. The airline said, “The impact of the external environment has been very harsh on our operational performance, hence management decision to suspend scheduled services operations indefinitely effective September 1, 2016, pending when the external opportunities and a robust sustainable and viable plan is in place for Aero Contractors to recommence its scheduled services.

"The implication of the suspension of scheduled services operations extends to all staffs directly and indirectly involved in providing services as they are effectively to proceed on indefinite leave of absence during the period of non-services. We are aware of the impact this will have on our staff and our highly esteemed customers, hence we have initiated moves to ensure that we are able to return back to operations within the shortest possible time, offering reliable, safe and secure operations, which the airline is known for.” This decision has unfolded six months after the Asset Management Company of Nigeria took over the management of Aero Contractors and dissolved the board of the company. AMCON thereafter appointed a manager to run the affairs of the company in interim capacity.

http://dawntodusknews.com/why-aero-contractors-is-shutting-down-indefinitely-management/

Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by Lifestone(m): 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
This is no good news to us as a Nation. I suspect this might happen after AMCON appointed a receiver manager over the company.
I had expected a complete restructuring of this airline probably with a debt equity conversation when it was taken over by AMCON. This is another example of why government should not get involve in business. Thiey should have pursued privatisation of this enterprise.
Now staff will lose their jobs, other service providers will be out of business and the economy just sinks deeper.
Indeed a true sign of recession under PMB
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by 4Qbitch: 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Bubu is indeed [size=14pt]hellven[/size] sent. Imagine the fate of SMEs if giants like Aero are crumbling under d weight of a clueless despot...Do we have to empty the waters of the sea to prove to Bubu that this ship is truly sunken?
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by rhymaster: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
Na wah ooo
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by gists: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
[size=18pt]Troubled Nigerian Airline Aero Contractors Suspends Flight Operations, Accuses Former Oceanic Bank Of Fraud[/size]
After over five years of been in murky waters due to the diversion of funds and inflation of aircraft price by its the management, Aero Contractors has finally announced its plans to suspended flight operations from tomorrow, Thursday, September 1, 2016. The airline, which was taken over by the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) Saharareporters gathered took the decisive decision when its current management led by Capt. Fola Akinkuotu as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), could not rescue the airline from going further down.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/08/31/troubled-nigerian-airline-aero-contractors-suspends-flight-operations-accuses-former
I know food don done for the wailing anti Buhari bandwagon. They will refuse to read the story and just blindly and fo0lishly blame the president.
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by Jokerman(m): 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
Na wa o... does this mean people will lose jobs? ?
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by eyeview: 1:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
Please,at what point will it be clear to Nigerians that Buhari is Nigeria's biggest problem?

Wanted: A Ghost that can slap Buhari into ancestry.
Qualification: Ability to deliver in one deft slap.
Renumeration: Since he or she is already dead and a ghost,he or she will be a conferred with a post humus national award.
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by 4Qbitch: 1:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Lifestone:
This is

cry this is what?
You just displaced me from FTC. I swear if this makes fp I'll sue you for inappropriate displacement grin
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by AroOkigbo(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2016
And the super saturated "job market" receives more candidates!

BUHARI!!!
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by Lifestone(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2016
4Qbitch:

cry this is what?
You just displaced me from FTC. I swear if this makes fp I'll sue you for inappropriate displacement grin
I have modified. Lol enjoy your day bro
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by Ofemmanu1: 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2016
If i say "May devil punish APC" zombies go come for my head. In short, e no go beta for APC and their fans. May devil rule your lives just the way daura cow is rulling Nigeria.
Re: 'Why Aero Contractors Is Shutting Down Indefinitely' - Management by 4Qbitch: 1:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
Lifestone:

I have modified. Lol enjoy your day bro

Thanks n you too wink

(1) (Reply)

Let Us Explore Western Nigeria / Which Country Is Best For A Law Graduate To Settle In / Where Can I Find Kano And Warri Vehicles In Ibadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.