Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,570 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion (24583 Views)

Aliko Dangote's Nephew, Kally, Graduates From UK University / Aliko Dangote Unveils SunTrust Bank, Nigeria’s First Fintech Bank / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by IVORY2009(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
PaulIdu:

I permit yoi

I will only just list 2 things for you to reason as fast as you can, and that will backup all wat I hv been explaining ever since.

Why do u think that Alhaji Dangote the suppose richest man in "Africa" always donate largely to support any presidential candidate he he sure of winning the presidential election? some time 500Million naira to 800 million naira donated, Answer is to pave way for his business to strive, think back memory lane, the election dat brought Obj in, he donated, the one dat brought late President Yara dua same, the 1st tenure of Gej same, but the last general elections, Dangote never known who to support and he never played his cards well anofe, I will stop here, der are some things, dat are not for public consumption

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:
I pray that this hardship gets worse.

I want everybody to feel the heat so that in the next election you go have enough sense to rebuke any presidential candidate from the northern part of Nigeria
Why won't you pray it gets worse, you're still poor and wretched either way, so? Right?

Its easy to know the hopeless ones in real life even online.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by hUmaneOne: 7:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
http://www.marketplace.org/2012/08/06/wealth-poverty/are-paper-billionaires-real-billionaires

It's not the same as your speculative cash you've been yapping about.
We all know of paper wealth .try again

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Montaque(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2016
Was the naira devalued in june?
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
hUmaneOne:

It's not the same as your speculative cash you've been yapping about.
We all know of paper wealth .try again
ahhh now you are moving the goal after you found out you are wrong lolzzz. well i suggest you go look at the meaning of speculative in the dictionary. speculative means ' guess ' . so the game of SHARES is a guess game. it can rise and it can crash. if it crashes your billion dollar networth can vanish overnight. this why zuckerberg lost billions of dollars a few years ago cuz facebook shares tanked.

Jeff Horwich: Well, easy come, easy go: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has dropped off Bloomberg's top ten list of the richest tech billionaires. The reason is that shares of Facebook are near record low.

From our Wealth and Poverty desk, Shereen M
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by mhizAnnie(f): 7:47pm On Aug 31, 2016
WebSurfer:
When I heard a bag of cement made an increase from N1,635 to N2,100 .. I knew the Change has slapped him too..

If I say "Oga dangote biko dash me one percent or even half of that one percent" e nor go gree choiii grin

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by hUmaneOne: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
ahhh now you are moving the goal after you found out you are wrong lolzzz. well i suggest you go look at the meaning of speculative in the dictionary. speculative means ' guess ' . so the game of SHARES is a guess game. it can rise and it can crash. if it crashes your billion dollar networth can vanish overnight. this why zuckerberg lost billions of dollars a few years ago cuz facebook shares tanked.

I've been quoting a teen.. Well a smart one tho
Chai Nairaland..

3 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
hUmaneOne:

I've been quoting a teen.. Well a smart one tho
Chai Nairaland..
now you are just being belligerent. accept defeat and move on with your life grin
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by emerged01(m): 7:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:

What of the people that lives abroad ?? Will it also affect them ??
Anybody living abroad wishing bad to befall this country will be deported except God is not His throne.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sinistermind(m): 7:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamrealdeji:
nonsense achievement,is that an achievement? Why not produce 10 or make others eligible for African Forbes list?

And do you think dis administration would be able to make just one?? Let's wait n see

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
AK481:
Kemi adeosun should resign with immediate effect if she has any shame.

Buhari should resign and call for a fresh election where he will not participate if he has any shame.
I m a honorable man whose promise is my covenant and I expect people to also be like me.buhari has failed based on what he promised.

The one wey come vex me be say,
Even small me sef don loose money bad bad.

You you know that that one million naira u had before April 2015 in bank as saving is reduced to mere 520,000 in value of its usefulness pre-buhari era.

My dear. If i had purchased dollars in January 2015, by now i would have been twice richer.

Brooding over this since yesterday..

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Majoo: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2016
lordcabasa:
Good news for the zombies
Dangote loses his money not on economic hardship but on the imported Indians paying money for without doing anything for bringing an expatriate as cleaner in Nigeria, what most Nigerian Engineers can do better while importing Indians again
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by onyidon21: 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
with this kind of loss in a year alone, i dnt think he can still retain his position as the richest man in the continent come 2017 if the the economy continues this way
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Nobody: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
IVORY2009:
The truth of the matter is that Alhaji Dangote has always been over rated, the monopoly he enjoys during the last govt of Jona is no longer so any longer, there is competition now in the market, free entry and exit.

He enjoyed more monopoly under OBJ who stopped his competitors. GEJ liberalized the market for everybody..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by chiefobdk(m): 8:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
hmm meaning most of his wealth is mere speculation and not real. most of the billionairs dont have real time money. its speculation money

he is poorer in dollar...
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by nigerianvenom(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
IVORY2009:
The truth of the matter is that Alhaji Dangote has always been over rated, the monopoly he enjoys during the last govt of Jona is no longer so any longer, there is competition now in the market, free entry and exit.

Free entry from who n who? Uve bin told why he's affected, u are here talking about competition. Is it the same competition that has also rendered most bank workers jobless? Is it same competition that has also send most airline off the Nigerian market? Think twice before typing.

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by dragonking3: 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

other manifactuers are now allowed into the market, on like on Dangote salt, Dangote spagatti, Dangote sugar all over the market, all others were ban, or discuraged with high duty cost, and he was even granted tax holiday too, on like smaller coys.
Mention the compepitors/ manufacturers that just entered into the market? Also provide the proof that he isn't enjoying tax holiday too?

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Pavarottii(m): 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
OmoAjowa7:
His networth will probably double after the completion of that Lekki refinery

That guy is investing heavily in different sectors
Do u know the meaning of networth?

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Itulah(m): 8:26pm On Aug 31, 2016

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 8:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
chiefobdk:

he is poorer in dollar...
has nothing to do with dollar. dangote is not stupid enough to keep his money in paper money. its his shares
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by NevetsIbot(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:

I want everybody to feel the heat so that in the next election you go have enough sense to rebuke any presidential candidate from the northern part of Nigeria
I wanted to say amen to that o.. But that your curse... Nne na wa o
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Pavarottii(m): 8:34pm On Aug 31, 2016
IVORY2009:
Competitors from where nau. Use ur brain myfriend; where would dey see the forex from to compete?

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by lordkhalifa(m): 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
Jonathan made him No1 in Africa No21 In the world. but doghari made him lose 35% of his wealth... high time we swallow our pride and beg JoJo to come back

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by segcymoor(m): 9:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hmnn n
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by ek124(m): 9:49pm On Aug 31, 2016
chiedu7:
What has he done for Nigeria with his wealth since??
is he your father
in fact where was ur father when his mates were hustling
see ur big mouth

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Aroh48(m): 11:18pm On Aug 31, 2016
GossipHeart:

guy,you bad oooo
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Godemcee(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
iamrealdeji:
nonsense achievement,is that an achievement? Why not produce 10 or make others eligible for African Forbes list?
at least he produce one,now buhari his takin the one from us,if bubu continue like this before 2019 dangote might declare bankrupt

1 Like

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by Lakeland4321: 11:52pm On Aug 31, 2016
sukkot:
hmm meaning most of his wealth is mere speculation and not real. most of the billionairs dont have real time money. its speculation money
pls if you do not understand how this happened you ask questions. His wealth dipped because the Maura devalued heavily against the dollar. His wealth is mostly in stocks (eg dangote cement, dangote flour etc) and they are listed on the nigerian stock exchange in naira off course so whenever the naira devalues sharply by a certain percentage Dangote's wealth is also devalued by similar percentage. Pff course this would not have happened if his wealth were in dollars but as a patriot his wealth is on naira.

2 Likes

Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by BobUg28(m): 12:06am On Sep 01, 2016
I'm short of words. If this has massively affects Dangote, we should have lles to worry about.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sukkot: 12:13am On Sep 01, 2016
Lakeland4321:
pls if you do not understand how this happened you ask questions. His wealth dipped because the Maura devalued heavily against the dollar. His wealth is mostly in stocks (eg dangote cement, dangote flour etc) and they are listed on the nigerian stock exchange in naira off course so whenever the naira devalues sharply by a certain percentage Dangote's wealth is also devalued by similar percentage. Pff course this would not have happened if his wealth were in dollars but as a patriot his wealth is on naira.
my point exactly. so whats the argument ? its stocks and not real money. please dont mention me again biko.
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by danosky91(m): 6:38am On Sep 01, 2016
Emmaxman4best:

According to International business site Bloomberg, Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote, has lost more than a third of his wealth this year alone.

According to the article, Dangote has lost 35% of his wealth which sums up to $5.4 billion.

The losses are attributed to commodities slump and the devaluation of the Naira in June.

Dangote's net worth is $9.9 billion, a 62% drop since January 2014, according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.

SOURCE: http://www.petmaxflame.com/2016/08/aliko-dangote-lost-35-of-his-wealth.html
Cc; Lalasticlala, Ishilove, Semid4lyfe, Obinoscopy, Mynd44, Dominique
selfish billionaire how has he helped us in terms of charity or borrow d nation if nt just employment. Unlike his foreign counterpart d Bills and zuck 2 mention.whr d he get his wealth from is it nt 4rm d nigeria population. All we ask is help d nigeria nation....
Re: Aliko Dangote Lost 35% Of His Wealth This Year Alone, Amounting $5.4 Billion by sirblondy(m): 7:39am On Sep 01, 2016
This man is capable of making dangote broke..we are dead ooo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ways To Earn Good Income As A Nigerian Student / CBN To Pump More Cash Into Circulation Today - The Nation / Fire Outbreak At Kara Market On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.