Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? (3919 Views)

Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos / Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? / Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Atheistan: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2016
The Vatican church, or the Roman Catholic church, has a long history of corruption and deception. Aside from literally committing acts of outright genocide several centuries ago against the Cathars, tosexually abusing children in more modern times, it is certainly one of the most corrupt organizations in history.

In the year 1611 the Bible was translated from Latin into English. Back then the Bible contained a total of 80 books and the last 14 books, which today have been excluded, made up the end of the Old Testament and were as follows:
1 Esdras
2 Esdras
Tobit
Judith
The rest of Esther
The Wisdom of Solomon
Ecclesiasticus
Baruch with the epistle Jeremiah
The Songs of the 3 Holy children
The history of Susana
bel and the dragon
The prayer for Manasses
1 Maccabees
2 Maccabees
In 1684 all of these books were removed from all versions except for a 1611 edition, which was the very first edition translated into English.
In this first edition you will also actually find that Jesus’ name is spelled IESUS and pronounced Yahashua. So why then does everyone continue to call him Jesus, when the letter J did not even being used at the time?
One of these books that is particularly interesting, is the “Wisdom of Solomon”. For those who don’t know Solomon is one of the most legendary characters from the Bible. He was the son of David and is alleged to be the wisest man that has ever lived. He is painted largely as a benevolent figure. But what you read in this book will make you question everything you were told to believe about him.
Observe the following excerpt;
Wisdom of Solomon 2:1-24
1 For the ungodly said reasoning with them selves, but not aright, our life is short and tedious and in death of a man there is no remedy: neither was there any man known to have returned from the grave.
2 For we are born at all adventure: and we shall be hereafter as though we had never been: for the breath of our nostrils is as smoke, and the little spark in the moving of our heart
3 Which being extinguished, our body shall be turned into ashes, and our spirit shall vanish as the soft air,
4 And our name shall be forgotten in time, and no man shall have our works in remembrance, and our life shall pass away as the trace of a cloud, and shall be dispersed as a mist, that is driven away, with the beams of the sun, and overcome with the heat thereof.
5 For our time is very shadow that passeth away; and after our end there is no returning: for it is fast sealed, so that no man cometh again.
6 Come on there for let us enjoy the good things that are present: and let us speedily use the creatures like as in youth.
7 Let us fill ourselves with costly wine and ointments: and let no flower of the Spring pass by us.
8 Let us crown ourselves with rosebuds, before they be withered:
9 Let none of us go without his part of our voluptuousness: let us leave tokens of our joyfulness in every place: for this is our portion and our lot is this.

10 Let us oppress the poor righteous man, let us not spare the widow, nor reverence the ancient gray hairs of the aged.
11 Let our strength be the law of justice: for that which is feeble is found to be nothing worth.
12 Therefore let us lie in wait for the righteous; because HE is not of our turn, and HE is clean contrary to our doings. He upbraideth us with our offending of the law, and ojecteth to our infamy the transgression of our education.
13 HE professeth to have the knowledge of the MOST HIGH, and calleth HIS self the child of the LORD.
14 HE was made to reprove our thoughts
15 HE is grievous unto us even to behold, for HIS life is not like other men’s, HIS ways are of another fashion.
16 We are esteemed of HIM as counterfeits: HE abstaineth from our ways as from filthiness: HE pronounceth the end of the just to be blessed, and maketh HIS boast that GOD is HIS father.
17 Let us see if HIS words be true: and let us prove what shall happen in the end of HIM.
18 For if the just man be the Son of THE MOST HIGH, HE will help

SOurce: http://smalltalk.com.ng/groups/nigerian-atheists/forum/topic/vatican-remove-14-books-bible-1684/
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Atheistan: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2016
YOu can check the article source for a video documentary.

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by slyng(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
It didnt suit them. Simple!
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2016
What's an atheist business with the Bible?? Wetin concern agbero with overload?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:
hmmm
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Atheistan: 6:56pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:

my sister we are just pointing things out!!!
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 6:58pm On Aug 31, 2016
Atheistan:

my brother, dey point am dey go, nothing do you. I wish you Goodluck including Jonathan join sef.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
those books are in my bible please. good news bible
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
Thought-provoking I must confess.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by EyeHateGod: 7:41pm On Aug 31, 2016
They would start trolling
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by winner01(m): 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by HardMirror(m): 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2016
Atheistan:

Religious folks don't care about history. To them the bible is the word of god. Please let them be.

1 Like

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by ifenes(m): 8:55pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:

I personally don't see the bible as a Christian book. What the Christians are practising is fabricated doctrine. The book is full of metaphors taken literally by Christians. It's their fault for misunderstanding a book that has nothing to do with religion.

Anyone has the right to read it.

In fact those who don't worship it understand its history and can give better explanations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 9:03pm On Aug 31, 2016
ifenes:

I personally don't see the bible as a Christian book. What the Christians are practising is fabricated doctrine. The book is full of method metaphors taken literally by Christians. It's their fault for misunderstanding a book that has nothing to do with religion.

Anyone has the right to read it.

And who are you to insinuate or suggest in whatever form that the Christians are practising a fabricated doctrine?? The Bible is taken as a "guide" by Christians!

And a tiro just typed Atheists care more about history. Wonders never cease, it Nevers, at all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 9:04pm On Aug 31, 2016
[quote author=winner01 post=48964443][/quote] Winner01... You have a picture for every situation.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 9:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
ifenes:

I personally don't see the bible as a Christian book. What the Christians are practising is fabricated doctrine. The book is full of metaphors taken literally by Christians.

In fact those who don't worship it understand its history and can give better explanations.

Wollup, woullup, wollup!! Who and who worships the Bible?
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by ifenes(m): 9:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:

And who are you to insinuate or suggest in whatever form that the Christians are practising a fabricated doctrine?? The Bible is taken as a "guide" by Christians!

And a tiro just typed Atheists care more about history. Wonders never cease, it Nevers, at all.

Okay I will prove you wrong. Are you aware that jesus bejng nailed on the cross is a symbol of the death of the Sun? Do you know?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
ifenes:

Okay I will prove you wrong. Are you aware that jesus bejng nailed on the cross is a symbol of the death of the Sun? Do you know?

No, honestly, I don't Know. But it doesn't make sense. Death of the Sun?? Is the sun dead?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by winner01(m): 9:16pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:

No, honestly, I don't Know. But it doesn't make sense. Death of the Sun?? Is the sun dead?
That guy is enchanted. Discuss with him at your own peril.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2016
winner01:
That guy is enchanted. Discuss with him at your own peril.

Advice taken.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by ifenes(m): 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:

You see,you don't know!

The death of the Sun in the sign of zodiac in the age of Pisces and its second coming in the age of Aquarius.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by opeaceo: 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
ifenes:

You see,you don't know!

The death of the Sun in the sign of zodiac in the age of Pisces and its second coming in the age of Aquarius.

owkies... Thanks for that enlightenment.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by ifenes(m): 9:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
opeaceo:

Advice taken.

Advice taken from a guy who doesn't know jack. All he does his defend what his pastors told him.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by efe2016(m): 10:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
I don't like commenting on topics Like this,but I m forced to say that It's has been a long time battle the devil has been raging against the word of God, he has used different sects,doctrines,beliefs to try to undermine the word of God. Whatever u believe is up to you.your belief will never change who God is, it won't change the fact that Jesus is Lord and is coming back soon. God loves you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ghost01(m): 8:15am On Sep 01, 2016
All you have to do to get a complete version is visit a bookshop.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by SalC: 8:26am On Sep 01, 2016
Op your post should be "why did the protestants remove those books" not the Catholic Church.

Those books are still in the Catholic Bible till date.
It is in the protestant Bible you can't find them.

So sorry you are misinformed. If you want to criticize the Catholic Church, you should at least get your facts right.

This obsession with Catholic Church is simply hard to understand, the protestants are accusing the Catholic Church of adding more books to the bible and you are accusing them of removing. Which one do we take?
Smh.

6 Likes

Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Emmaesty(f): 9:44am On Sep 01, 2016
Atheistan:

I struggle to understand this. What will atheists gain in proving Christianity wrong? You guys already don't believe in God or do you need more reasons to soothe your conscience for not believing in God? The fact that you don't believe in God doesn't mean others shouldn't believe in him. We all have different lives to live, different paths to follow. Stay on the path you chose for yourself and let me stay on mine
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Alexandro15: 10:34am On Sep 01, 2016
Op ,buy a good news Bible, check for deuterocanonical books and see the foolishness of your post.

Thank me later.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by bularuz(m): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2016
Op please do research before feeding gullible ones with wrong information these books are only found in the catholic Bible today, read about Martin Luther and the protestant revolution
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Image123(m): 10:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

You should know that if a book or verse was indeed the Word of God, nothing can remove it.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by Ranchhoddas: 10:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Image123:

You should know that if a book or verse was indeed the Word of God, nothing can remove it.
Oaroloye disagrees.
Re: Why Did The Vatican Remove 14 Books From The Bible In 1684? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

How

(1) (2) (Reply)

Scared! I Don't Believe In God, And You People Scare Me / What Happened To The Female Black Musician Who Tried To Reverse The Lords Work ? / ADEBOYE, OLUKOYA, KUMUYI AND OYEDEPO ALL AGREE THAT CHRISTIANS SHOULD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.