Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Is Jesus God? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus God? (19497 Views)

Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus God? by exu(m): 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2006
Congrats on your newfound faith!!!

Faith is believing something that you know isn't true.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 9:02pm On Dec 18, 2006
@ Exu,
guess you want to know better,
No, you believe it is true, but you have not yet seen it in the physical realm.
Faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the substance of things not even seen. It takes more than the eye of the physical to understand the things of God Exu.

Dont get confused with yourself wink
Re: Is Jesus God? by exu(m): 9:21pm On Dec 18, 2006
Faith is the evidence of things hoped for, the substance of things not even seen.

So if I spend my days dreaming about retiring to a land of giant talking rabbits, then that will be my fate.

Sweet.
Re: Is Jesus God? by gbadex1(m): 11:44pm On Dec 18, 2006
@mrpataki:

lol, actually it is the other way round. "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" (Heb 11:1)

@exu:

take note of that statement/passage i just said. Take note of the part that says "the evidence of things not seen". Meaning what you are believing in can't be seen physically i.e perceived via the 5 senses, BUT evidence it's[He] existence abounds. Now these evidences abound therein the lives of peoples and are made manifest.

Faith can't be believing what's not true as you put it. In that case, what would be "the evidence of things not seen" if they were not true? The keynote there's the evidence, and as such how can something not be true if there is evidence?
Re: Is Jesus God? by gbadex1(m): 11:49pm On Dec 18, 2006
oh one more thing. There's big difference between dreaming and having faith. Dreaming is what it is: dreaming. So don't allude dreaming to having faith.
Re: Is Jesus God? by gbadex1(m): 11:50pm On Dec 18, 2006
oh one more thing. There's big difference between dreaming and having faith. Dreaming is what it is: dreaming. So don't allude dreaming to having faith.
Re: Is Jesus God? by omot208(f): 12:14am On Dec 19, 2006
i totally agree. Jesus Christ and His father Jehovah are two different
people entirely. this is plain from John 1: 1-3, where it says that the Word (Jesus) was with God. They are one in purpose, in understanding. apart from that they are different. who do u think God was talking to when he said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness" in Genesis 2? and the same John says nothing was created without Jesus! so He was the first person created, and then together with God began to create other things. when the time came for God to draw His people closer, He needed to personify himself, to show them how much he understood what they were going through. so He sent His son in his place.
[b][/b]

Jesus also kept saying "My Father is greater than I", and "I am doing the will of my Father who sent me". hH made it clear that He was only a representative because He and his father have the same mind and purpose.

This fact is also made clear at the baptism of Jesus. here, the Father, Son and the Holy Spirit are revealed to be three different entities. The Son is in the water. The Spirit is in the form of a dove, and the Father speaks from the heavens. Isn't this soooo obvious already?

if u say the three are one physically, then that means there was nobody in Heaven when Jesus came to the earth. It also means for the three days Jesus died there was no God. why wasn't there chaos? besides who then resurrected Him? when he committed His spirit to his Father, where was the Father? all these are questions people should ask rather than swallow waht their pastors tell them hook line and sinker.

this does not underestimate the divinity of Jesus. it just means Jehovah is the Almighty God, while Jesus is a mighty God. He derives his power and authority from His father (Philipians 2:10) and is the only way to God's true salvation.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 3:02am On Dec 19, 2006
@Davidylan: Ol boy, I beg, make una watch National Geographic Channel. You go see, about Christianity. Them dey make am for series since Sunday. Tell Baba Havila now.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:40am On Dec 19, 2006
olabowale:

@Davidylan: Ol boy, I beg, make una watch National Geographic Channel. You go see, about Christianity. Them dey make am for series since Sunday. Tell Baba Havila now.

grin
Alhaji sir,
I actually saw the series for yesterday, some talk about the secret life of Jesus, it had been foretold that in the last days men shall rise speaking blasphemies! I'm not surprised!

But for political correctness, fear of a worldwide day of anger and the terror of suicide bombers, they would have done a series on Islam and Mohammed too. But we all know that's not possible thanks to the peaceful nature of Islam.
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 3:49am On Dec 19, 2006
@Omot208,

You reason like a mere man. Learn to compare spiritual things with spiritual. You have put forth a purely human argument that reminds me of 1 Corinthinans 1:21 Since God in his wisdom saw to it that the world would never find him through human wisdom
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 4:04am On Dec 19, 2006
@Davidylan: You should ask your professor, if he is smart, he will arrive at the same conclusion as I have mentioned concerning the beard. But of cause, to all of you smooth faced men, you will never know your strenght because, you have always underperformed, anyway.

To come back to the National geographic channel series, you will agree that these producers are christians like you. At least, they are using their marbles, even though, they refuse to reconcile their hearts with it. No wonder Allah says of the Christians as people who are astray. You will see from the seies how weak the religion of christianity is. Study hard and I wish you success in your exams. At least, make us all proud. You are book smart. If only that. We all know that religion is over your head and too hard.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 7:42am On Dec 19, 2006
tayod,

uve really showed your level of ignorance. its truly a disease that has eaten down into your system not allowing you to comprehend easily.

u saw my questions on the quoted verse and u saw your response. is there are similarity between my quote and your response?.

for clarification this is the quote below and your response to it.

@babs747,

1st Corinthian 11v3: but i want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is her husband and the head of christ is God.

your response

[b]The scripture you have above is that of authority. I have said before that while the man may be in authority over the woman, he is not in essence a greater or better being than she is (Never mind Muhammad's balderdash that women have less intelligence than men). It is only sensible and according to the Godhead's divine plan that final authority is left with the Father. It is like the story of creation where we see the plurality of the Godhead in the pronunciations: "Let Us, ". In the creation of the woman however, we find the Father saying "I will, " showing that He kind of stepped-out from the unity of the God-head to create the woman based on His will. Jesus on the other hand always subjects His will to that of the Father as we see in the garden of Gethsemane.

So while I have provided an explanation which I doubt you will understand, can you please explain to us why a part of the Jewish oral tradition (the Mishnah) was lifted word for word and included in your Koran? Do you realise that the koranic verse in 5:32 that says: "And for this reason, we ordained for the children of Israel that whoever has killed a single human without just cause, it is as if he has killed the entire humankind." was lifted from the "Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 37a." So much for Muhammad's inability to read or worse still, the divine inspiration of its source. I doubt the real Angel Gabriel will be involved in plagiarism!!![/b]

what is the relationship between 'let us' and 'i will' and my verse above

have said before that while the man may be in authority over the woman, he is not in essence a greater or better being than she is (Never mind Muhammad's balderdash that women have less intelligence than men). It is only sensible and according to the Godhead's divine plan that final authority is left with the Father.

haba, alagba, why all these, is this the answer to my question? of what relevance is your above verse

also

Do you realise that the koranic verse in 5:32 that says: "And for this reason, we ordained for the children of Israel that whoever has killed a single human without just cause, it is as if he has killed the entire humankind." was lifted from the "Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 37a." So much for Muhammad's inability to read or worse still, the divine inspiration of its source. I doubt the real Angel Gabriel will be involved in plagiarism!!![/b]

are u comparing your quoted verse with the one above/ no similarity sir.

i know you will never be able to answer it cos you are confused and defencing the indefensible. i know for sure if i had asked you to explain from the head of christ is God, u would have given me one or two blasphemous statements, but i asked you to explain from the beginning, u failed to.

u r already dillusioned. why believing in what u cant defend. and in addition, this is just one out of the very many evidences to proof that jesus is not God. having failed to explain one, how will you be able to explain the remaining?

u can see that u r in a fixed. u have roped yourself for a statement u cant defend and very blasphemous indeed.

AM STILL FOR YOUR OTHER POPE IN THE LIKE OF HAVILA, MRPATAKI, BABYOSIS ETC to bail you out.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2006
@ babs787

Is it just a little possible for muslims to defend their quran without running to the bible to ferret out non-existent "similarities" or contradictions in order the attempt to put the bible at the same level of the quran.

whenever muslims ask questions about the bible, i dont see anyone here rushing to grab the quran to point out equally ridiculous verses. We simply give answers.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2006
The Koran is an even more ridiculous book than the Bible. The Koran is the Mother or all contradictions and  is possibly the Greatest Bullshit story ever told.

I would like to be seen as being fair and impartial regarding both books!
Re: Is Jesus God? by gbadex1(m): 10:06am On Dec 19, 2006
^ No, you'd be seen as a stupid brat sulking because nobody here believes in your Kinky Church.
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2006
@Davidylan: Se bi you indicate to us that your in some related desciple of medical sciences? They do not think in University these days? How do you know the truth, unless you have its opposite, you compare them! How do you know impure if you are not able to confirm that it contains other materials/parts/substances/element, separate and apart from what you are concern with. If you have a glass of milk and you add the littlest quantity of something nasty. Even if the color or smell and taste of milk remain, in honest is this glass of milk pure? This is the condition of your Bible. Qur'an points out the possible truth that it still contains, for now. It is often changing because you people never stop tampering with it. Qur'an also points out the blatant lies that nearly 2 Billion of wasted mankind cling to. The worse of it all is the lie that you perpetrate against God and His prophet, Jesus son of mary! This is the root of our sometimes going to the Bible. For it maybe possible, if there is any of you who really have a pure heart or the potential of it, God may open that person's eye. I personally do not have a Bible and I do not care for it. I already have my share of its romanticism.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mekoyo(m): 11:46am On Dec 19, 2006
No, He isnt
Re: Is Jesus God? by exu(m): 12:51pm On Dec 19, 2006
Here's a dictionary definition of faith.

2. belief that is not based on proof
Re: Is Jesus God? by ibux(m): 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2006
sometimes I dont know why its easier to believe in "what people say" than "what God says".
What I used to tell people who have problem believing in the divinity of our Lord Jesus is simple,

Pray to God to reveal to you the truth about Jesus Christ.

But I perceive that there are many agnostics in the house, but for anyone who is simple and of a humble and contrite spirit, let them ask God in prayer, and the Spirit of God will tell them beyond the writings.

Remember, the letter killeth but the Spirit gives life (2Cor 3:6). Amen.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 1:20pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ gbade,
Thanks for the correction, as well the two responses both to Exu as well that sulking child.

@ Exu,
Dreaming about your fantasies, is very well different from the operation of faith to what God knows you need.
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 1:32pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ babs787,
Never you compare the word of God with your Koranic book. In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God (John1:1)
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:4 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

If you dont believe that Jesus is God, dont try to make a comparison that the Koran book and the Word of God are the same.
Re: Is Jesus God? by babs787(m): 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2006
funny mrpataki,

rather than answer my question he started pumping other blasphemous statements.

i will come to those you posted here, but in order not to muddle up things, i will refer you to my last questions. so when you are able to answer those, i will give you other verses too that disagree with jesus as being God. also i will still come to your verses quoted above but lets finish the one at hand. here is the question again.

1st Corinthian 11v3: but i want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is her husband and the head of christ is God.

i need expalantrion on it, starting from the head of every man is christ and dont giv me only the head of christ is God.etc

am waiting pope mrpataki
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2006
@babs787,

I have said in my earlier response that you will not understand the scriptures even after explaining it. The scripture there is talking solely about authority.  It is plain and simple. If you care to read the entire chapter, it goes on to explain the fact that a wife should be subject to her husband though the man is not better than the woman, neither is the woman better than the man.  Even the verse you quoted summarises this by including the relationship between the husband and the wife in expressing the relationship between Christ and the Father. 

Again, I doubt if your elementary reaosning will make you see this point, though very glaring to all who read it.

While I have answered your question AGAIN, can you please answer mine?  Here it goes again: can you please explain to us why a part of the Jewish oral tradition (the Mishnah) was lifted word for word and included in your Koran?  Do you realise that the koranic verse in 5:32 that says: "And for this reason, we ordained for the children of Israel that whoever has killed a single human without just cause, it is as if he has killed the entire humankind." was lifted from the "Babylonian Talmud, Tractate Sanhedrin, 37a. So much for Muhammad's inability to read or worse still, the divine inspiration of its source.  I doubt the real Angel Gabriel will be involved in plagiarism!!!" 
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 2:09pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ babs787,
Funny how you never read replies to your questions posed, but yet you get more interested in insults more or less thrown at you, which i will prove on later.

Now to your question, the verse you have asked is a verse that indicates an organogram of Authority as God have laid it down. The wife is subject to obeying her husband as Even Christ is subject to obeyiing the Father (GOD), and as well the Man is subject to Christ as his head. Even the Bible makes us to know that no man can come to the Father except through Christ whom we are subject to obey.

Now let me throw this at you, your wearing of bonfo trousers, does that indicate as well your journey into making Heaven? Maybe we should raise that topic too why does a muslim wear a 3/4 trousers?
Re: Is Jesus God? by TayoD(m): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2006
Thanks mrpataki,

I have told the guy over and over again that the scripture talks about authority, but hopefully repeatition might be the key to him learning.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 19, 2006
babs787:

funny mrpataki,

rather than answer my question he started pumping other blasphemous statements.

i need expalantrion on it, starting from the head of every man is christ and don't giv me only the head of christ is God.etc
am waiting pope mrpataki

You are indeed not in need of any explanation, i cant count how many people have perfectly answered your seemingly mischeivous "questions". But since none of the answers match your warped ideas and that of ur pedophilic decieverer, you merely claim everyone is "dodging" the question and start claiming to be "waiting" for the answer.

For how long have you been "waiting"? We have been waiting for centuries for a decent response to one singular question:

Is Islam peaceful?

No one is yet to answer, we are also still waiting!
Re: Is Jesus God? by Aggressa(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2006
Quote from Olabowale:

@'Ustas' or 'Ayatollah' Olabowale:
I will try and catch up on the series as an 'exercise' if I have time; but why do you want to know about Christianity from the National Geographic Channel. I mean, check this out: if I want to know about the North Pole, or the Antartic or about culture in India, I will listen, or if I want to know about the soil or geography of Israel, etc I can also learn from Nat Geo; but I cant learn on christianity or Islam from Nat Geo. There are better sources that I can independently learn from e.g the Bible, the Quran et Hadiths, textbooks on the origin/doctrine/beliefs etc of the faiths. Did I hear you say that's dificult? Well, I'm sorry the only known antidote for ignorance about anything is to independently seek knowledge about it. Not 'cramming' other peoples opinion on TV; or from the 'ustas' in masjid who was probaby taught by the senior 'ustahs'; who himself does not know, for example, why muhammed keeps his beard but only that it is sunnah and makes you 'perform well in bed.'
Re: Is Jesus God? by Sista(f): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2006
@Reverand

How are you today?
Re: Is Jesus God? by olabowale(m): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2006
@Havila: If you improve in bed from your soso level, am sure there will be at least one person who will smile more> Then the other person will at least have a feather on his cap. This is simply a statement to lighten things up. From your statement, you did not read my explanation about beard. It was too long for you. I hope you do know how to speed read.

If I know you well, it will not be too long before you begin to call me all sort of names. But I will let you enjoy it. I need not learn anything about christianity. I am a daahi of Islam. I am a propagator of this noble religion. I am 'Ajagbe mo keferi'. Right now, you are Keferi and don't forget it.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Aggressa(m): 5:26pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ 'Ajag'be mo keferi Olabowale,
I hope you know the meaning of 'ajagbe' before you rejoice in the title, it is 'the one who barks at'. Now you know the animal that backs!! Well, I remember the former older of that title in Ibadan. He should be dead by now. He indeed was a 'barker', a real alsatian who cannot and did not bite before his demise.

Pa Olabsy, with the amount of books I have read in my life up till now, you'll run for cover if you see 5%, your short stories do not matter at all. I totally understand all you wrote, and it is unfounded lies.
Re: Is Jesus God? by Reverend(m): 8:35pm On Dec 19, 2006
Sista:

@Reverand

How are you today?

Hi Sista

I am great thanks. Did some Christmas shopping and bought the Worlds biggest Turkey grin

That is what Christmas is all about. Forget the religious bullshit. Chestnut stuffed roast Turkey with roast potatoes, parsnips, sprouts, gravy and chipolata sausages wrapped with bacon. Now that is really heaven grin

All washed down with a few cold beers, then fall asleep in the armchair whilst watching a good film!

Ecstasy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I am the God of the kitchen on Christmas day!
Re: Is Jesus God? by mrpataki(m): 8:54pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ Sultan Olabowale,
Sometimes i wonder whether you had a full well matured education before you come here and speak below a certain standard expected of at least a secondary school leaver undecided

We all here need you to know one thing, stop this quest of i hear say, i hear say, or that someone wrote on the internet this and that, without you knowing the real validity of such statements or making your own research to such statements and comments.

You keep making such errors, if only you take your time to do your own homework well, you will actually be seeking for avenues to improve on the knowledge acquired rather than making statements of great fallacy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

A Thread Of My Questions To Vaxx on his religion - Yoruba Traditional belief / How To Handle Dating And Sexual Purity / Should Church Workers Be Paid?- What Is Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.