Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,869 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? (11478 Views)

Political Cartoon: Buhari The Snail, A Nation In Waiting - Sahara Reporters / Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2006
http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/

It's becoming clear that Yar'Adua will be the next president of Nigeria. I will support him, not least for his integrity compared to most other serving governors. Besides he has broad support accross the noth and south.

But more significantly, his emergence should put paid to IBB, Atiku, Buhari's dubious ambitions,

Stage is now set for Odili / Duke to be VP.

They will certainly get my vote!

What do you think?
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by omofineboy(m): 4:06pm On Dec 15, 2006
@JoshO

I dont know the criteria you used at chosing your own candidate but as regards yaradua you are on your own as far as i am concerned, you condemned Buhari just like that who among the contenders can stand him, though his opponent used religion against him, may be you dont know Buhari is more credible than OBJ and all his stooges/cronies put together but that doesnt mean I will vote, besides we seem to agree that any PDP candidate is the winner, that notion or opinion is a slap on our collective integrity, what it means is that no PDP no president too bad for a developing nation like ours.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 4:43pm On Dec 15, 2006
Unfortunately, that's the case. PDP is the most entrenched party in the polity, akin to the ANC types in South Africa. Being the party in power, with such formidable infrastructure, in a nation like ours, unfortunately, confers a competitive advantage, rightfully or otherwise.

I'm being a realist more than anything else. He has a broader appeal, perhaps because few know too much about him. Besides, he could easily pass as a consensus candidate.

I'm not argueing that he is the best president Nigeria can have at this point, but in the circumstances, he'll do just fine.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Afam(m): 4:51pm On Dec 15, 2006
I also agree that the PDP will produce the next president of Nigeria because we do not have any opposition party in Nigeria today.

What we find is a collection of former PDP chieftains that lost out of the power game and turned into defenders of the masses overnight and a few non PDP members that do not command enough followership to really disturb the PDP.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by mazaje(m): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2006
well said Afam
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Jaybaba(m): 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2006
Why should we accept Yar Adua as President of Nigeria?
It is very clear the PDP intends to impose a consensus candidate of their choice and the anointed governor of OBJ to become Nigeria's next president and thus confirm that this country is a country not of her people but for some persons.
We reject PDP and Yar Adua. Reason, the faceless reforms that aims at further impoverishing the people will continue.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by ishmael(m): 6:30pm On Dec 15, 2006
Jaybaba:

Why should we accept Yar Adua as President of Nigeria?
It is very clear the PDP intends to impose a consensus candidate of their choice and the anointed governor of OBJ to become Nigeria's next president and thus confirm that this country is a country not of her people but for some persons.
We reject PDP and Yar Adua. Reason, the faceless reforms that aims at further impoverishing the people will continue.

You alone cannot change things; better sit down and watch what those PDP people are doing.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2006
Yar'adua becoming present is just the same thing as OBJ remaining president but living outside of Aso Rock. I believe this move will backfire on OBJ as time goes on. Yar'adua will definitely re-align with his Northern colleagues (Atiku and IBB) as long as he is established. We all know what IBB and Atiku think of OBJ. Yar'adua is just a puppet, he lacks personality, he lacks vision, what does this guy have to offer?, It's a pity. All the other parties can come together and produce a strong candidate and maybe PDP might just lose.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 12:12am On Dec 16, 2006
@Ishmael, long time! How u dey! Boo i agree with u jare make we just dey watch their(PDP) dance dey go! God dey!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by otokx(m): 5:59am On Dec 16, 2006
The only person that can stop Yar Adua from ascending the throne of his fathers is not on this planet. Infact He does not even exist. The number of parties in Nigeria today are so many that it has become impossible to have a coalition talk less of opposition. Our democracy will be better off if a law is passed that will allow for only 2 parties.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by TerraCotta(m): 6:05am On Dec 16, 2006
This is such a sick situation. I was down but not surprised when I read about Donald Duke's withdrawal from the race earlier tonight. How insane is it that everyone is okay with this anonymous Yar'Adua and his supposed competition General Gusau, when both of these guys have barely done any campaigning. What record are they running on? What accomplishments are they going to build on? This is such a fraud of an election.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by otokx(m): 6:41am On Dec 16, 2006
Everyone is not okay but what can we do? It almost certain that PDP will carry the day in every area that are occupying now and even add some more.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by buchio7(m): 12:25pm On Dec 16, 2006
Donzman:

Yar'adua becoming present is just the same thing as OBJ remaining president but living outside of Aso Rock. I believe this move will backfire on OBJ as time goes on.

though ur initial logic was disagreeable in my opinion but ur latter point is sound. Why i say so is because u cant control a man in power, it has been tried b4 in so many countries even nigeria but has failed woefully so the logic of yar'adua being objs tool when he gets into office may not be d case eventually.

Donzman:

Yar'adua is just a puppet, he lacks personality, he lacks vision, what does this guy have to offer?, It's a pity. All the other parties can come together and produce a strong candidate and maybe PDP might just lose.

you have really nt taken out time to study or read abt this particular yar'adua. What he lacks in flamboyance or being able to use state machinery to bombard the airwaves all in the name of propaganda is what he gains with a clear cut vision of what he wants to achieve and the timeline to ensure that it is achieved. Katsina is a model example of a state that has been prudently run. Projects are commissioned and executed without fanfare unlike the odilis or the sarakis. The state funds are judiciously utilised and it is dere for all to see.

He epitomises wat a public servant shd be, cool,calm,humble, an achiever and most of all prudent with public funds,
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by joshO: 12:56pm On Dec 16, 2006
His humility and the misery sorrounding his persona is what makes him even more appealing as a candidate. It's a refreshing departure from the noice emanating from the multitude of aspirants. His tenure as governor has been characterized by low key, but extremely effective execution of his mandate.

In a nation of extreme flamboyance and financial recklessness typified by the likes of OBJ, Atiku, Odili, this is indeed a welcome development.

And as Duke is likely to be his deputy, I believe it'll be an effective combo. Duke is also humble and is likely to be loyal (unlike some VP's we've come to know). They both have solid track records - and Duke himself would then be a president in waiting, !
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by rayz101(m): 1:13pm On Dec 16, 2006
afam GOD will bless u for those words u said.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by babasin(m): 1:48pm On Dec 16, 2006
In a failed state, slowpoke becomes President.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by Ay4real(m): 2:03pm On Dec 16, 2006
If Yar'Adua is elected during the PDP primaries, then i am afraid that he will be the next president of Nigeria, such is the power of PDP, we just do not have any opposition party that is good enough to stop them. The question of whether he is god enough is another matter entirely but he is almost sure of being our next president!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by IykeD1(m): 2:20pm On Dec 16, 2006
What is this nonsense I hear people talk about PDP imposing a "consensus candidate"?
How can a candidate emerge if you don't get the blessing of the party leadership, most
especially in the primaries? Every political setup has its king makers - that's just the way
it is. Would we rather have a situation where 10,000 candidates wants to contest for
the presidency and we allow all of them to run?

A Yar Adua/Duke ticket will be good thing for Nigeria. For one it will represent a departure
from the past, a new generation of leaders who hopefully can inject a new life into the
nation's comatose being. Secondly, from the comments I have read, it appears some
people are already belittling the importance of having leaders who truly believe that the
nation's reserves are not their personal checking accounts. Being that this has been the
norm of Nigerian politics for decades, I am not entirely surprised at that attitude.

Please take a minute to visualize what a Nigeria being led by two people not caught in
the EFCC search light (no matter how selective) could be like. Add EFCC to that mix and
you best believe it will represent a turning point of sort. This will down as another master
stroke from Obasanjo if it succeeds.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by buchio7(m): 2:23pm On Dec 16, 2006
babasin:

In a failed state, slowpoke becomes President.

u r deluded to think that nigeria is a failed state and wat brain storm did u have to believe that yar'adua is an slowpoke?

we shd be careful of the choice of words we use!!!!!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nigeriaone: 2:43pm On Dec 16, 2006
They just Fooled Obasanjo to give them power and they would not returned or never return, they would manipulate the system from census, military and rigged the election forever and I would say this is wrong. , 
I am written a series on this on http://www.NigeriaONE.com
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by SidGreen(m): 3:19pm On Dec 16, 2006
i personally think the southern candidates have been bought out
look how they all endorsed Yar'Adua even odili dropped out at the last minute
but i'm of the belief that PDP wont win the elections this year
i think probably AC especially as they have teamed up with ANPP
we are tired of seeeing PDP's money politics put to work
they will get a run for their money this year though
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2006
The good thing about Yar'adua is that I heard his heallth is not so good so hopefully he could die very soon
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 3:27pm On Dec 16, 2006
4 Play:

The good thing about Yar'adua is that I heard his heallth is not so good so hopefully he could die very soon

he he he he
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 3:31pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ 4 PLAY

why do u wish a human being like u to die? u don't know who will go first between him or yourself, lets be reasonable on this forum. ha!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by kitaun(m): 3:35pm On Dec 16, 2006
Abeg leave 4play, na hin style be dat!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2006
@alabiyemmi

If I die no problem but I am not trying to foist myself on the long suffering Nigerian people as their President.

Many Nigerians  are dying because of theiving bastards like Yar'adua.It was said that he goes abroad for his kidney dialysis,this is after these politicians have looted Nigeria dry that we don't have adequate medical facilities.The average Nigerian with kidney or other chronic problems has to die for lack of either finances or adequate medical facilities.These bastards get to prolong their lives with our money by going abroad so they can stay alive and continue to steal from us.

My uncle died in 1989 in UNTH from a kidney problem due to inadequate medical care,unfortunately we could not fly him out for treatment unlike Yar'adua

I wish death to them the same way they have caused many Nigerians to lose their lives

MAY YAR'ADUA DIE A PAINFUL AND AGONISING DEATH
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2006
4 Play:

@alabiyemmi

If I die no problem but I am not trying to foist myself on the long suffering Nigerian people as their President.

Many Nigerians are dying because of theiving bastards like Yar'adua.It was said that he goes abroad for his kidney dialysis,this is after these politicians have looted Nigeria dry that we don't have adequate medical facilities.The average Nigerian with kidney or other chronic problems has to die for lack of either finances or adequate medical facilities.These bastards get to prolong their lives with our money by going abroad so they can stay alive and continue to steal from us.

My uncle died in 1989 in UNTH from a kidney problem due to inadequate medical care,unfortunately we could not fly him out for treatment unlike Yar'adua

I wish death to them the same way they have caused many Nigerians to lose their lives

MAY YAR'ADUA DIE A PAINFUL AND AGONISING DEATH

shocked ok, now that is very harsh
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 3:48pm On Dec 16, 2006
@Nilla

Harsh is looting the country dry so that its citizens have a life expectancy of 60 years.Millions of Nigerians are dead because of theiving pols like YAR'ADUA who is not competent enough to run a roadside shop not to talk of a country.

Death to Yar'adua!
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 3:57pm On Dec 16, 2006
I was even rejoicing when I heard that a trailer rammed into the PDP convention but it turned out that those who died were largely innocent people.

Another example of how our theiving pols are ruining the country.That accident would not have happened if our theiving pols did not steal so much money that our roads and vehicles are in a bad state resulting in the deaths of many Nigerians.

My problem with that lorry driver is that he should crashed his lorry right into a crowd of pols with a full tank of petrol and a cargo of refilled gas cylinders.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by alabiyemmy(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ 4 PLAY,

Seems you have an axe to grind with him, sorry.
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by 4Play(m): 4:08pm On Dec 16, 2006
@alabiyemmy

I won't mind grinding an axe in Yar'adua's head .Many Nigerians have axes and machetes inplanted in their head because of our theiving pols
Re: Yar'Adua: President In Waiting? by nilla(f): 4:17pm On Dec 16, 2006
@ 4 Play

easy oh!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PDP Senators Behind Magu’s Rejection — Rep Gudaji / Buhari Govt, Worst Ever - Wike / YPP Declares Ifeanyi Ubah As The Party's Anambra Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.