Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,142 members, 7,838,898 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. (18029 Views)

Help!!! My Colleague Is Stealing Our Company's Money And Changing Records / Nigerian Policeman Vows To Quit After Experiencing Extortion By His Colleague / Help! My Colleague Is Never On Sit During Working Hours, What Should I Do?!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nancy2016: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
fergieboy:
Nawa

You terminated someone job cox of paltry 1m... This should have being resolve among yourself and the branch

It is because of people like you Nigeria will continue being a corrupt country. So he should not report theft committed by an employee? So 1 million is not money? How much do you have in your bank account? What if you were the customer, would you have confidence in a bank that does not discipline employees that indulge in nefarious activities.

6 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nancy2016: 5:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
ogawisdom:

Y u dey fear, u did ur job. But wait ooo is there no way d both of u would ve settled d cash of 1m without involving management n causing his termination.

Ur action leading to his termination was quite harsh, u ve killed dt guy.

Well go and report to a police station ie threat to live and police will invite him to sign undertaking dt if anything happens to ur life he will held responsible, he will b d one protecting u thereafter. Use d text msg as evidence.

If you steal you know the repercussions. You should be a trustworthy person if you are handling people's money. What if management later found out what had happened, do you realize that the op would have been sacked due to the fact that he covered gross misconduct by one of his employees? He did the right thing and now he has to report the threat to the police.

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by joe4real12: 5:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid and he supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million naira of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?
Report to Police immediately and inform your employer as well.

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by alfa0: 5:15pm On Sep 01, 2016
ogawisdom:

Y u dey fear, u did ur job. But wait ooo is there no way d both of u would ve settled d cash of 1m without involving management n causing his termination.

Well go and report to a police station ie threat to live and police will invite him to sign undertaking dt if anything happens to ur life he will held responsible, he will b d one protecting u thereafter. Use d text msg as evidence.

I disagree with you on this,there is no way both of them would have settled it.he did the right thing.people are not really what we might think they are,especially when you are on the defensive side.you will see their real self coming out to swallow you.if he shields that guy,his head will go in for it.or do you want him to loose his job instead?currently i have a case in the court in the same category though a bit different from this story.

everybody know am innocent but i somehow got entangled in the whole mess.its only a good lawyer that will bring me out of it.
life is a real teacher. he did the right thing.

please udobaba, kindly go and report to the nearest police station,let him sign an under taking for now.then watch him closely.

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by numericalguy(m): 5:19pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has[b] supressed[/b] customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid [/b]and he [b]supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million[b] naira[/b] of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

You did the right thing by reporting him.
Report the guy to the police with the text message as evidence.

OP, your English is whack for a manager.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2016
OP written english and spellings are very bad and He dnt even knw how to quote correctly.. And dis Dropshot guy is behaving like a kid. Grow up man!!!

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Akhere1: 5:28pm On Sep 01, 2016
Go to police and him immediately

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by numericalguy(m): 5:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
OP Please go report to the Police so as to have him sign undertaking...

But na for this Buhari weather you do person strong thing? angry

The OP did the right thing by reporting a bad employee. The criminal is even lucky, he would have been in jail if the Bank had pressed charges.

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by Divinehenrich(m): 5:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
Bros, your respond is very mature.
I commot cap for you.
delishpot:

You still have no right to speak to him the way you first did. You threw the first stone. Why does it pain you that he is a manager? He only said you spoke like a teenager. That isn't an insult that is fact. Your first post was rude. Even your response to mine was rude too. Its a shame you are not even fit to be an employee going by your attitude talk less of leading a team. Change for the better dear. At a certain age, people drop these childish insults and exchange of words. If you have passed your teen age years, then I suggest you do so.
You can make your point known in a more mature manner

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by delishpot: 5:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Mr. Counselor, I stand by my first statement that he is not a worthy manager.

I hate mediocrity and I can't pretend otherwise.

If you find my statement of fact rude for yourself and the OP, na your wahala.

As per the emboldened, it might interest you to know I've been a manager for the past seven years in my field.

My teenage son knows what to do in this OP's case and if he fails to act with common sense, na spank I go spank am. grin grin

Your cup of tea. Drink it hot or cold.

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by xtervaganza(m): 5:45pm On Sep 01, 2016
ifyalways:
Keep evidence of the threat.
Tell your lawyer.
File a complain officially with the Nigerian Police preferably the force headquarters in your state.
Be a man, stay strong and street wise.
you heard her?

Be bloody Street smart. Have him arrested 1st then you can later decide if you want him in jail or you want him to sign an undertaken

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ChynoBEATS: 5:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
udobaba:
More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

Report him to the police.....

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by lekonso: 5:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
O boy you have a very strong case against him. Obviously he does not know the implication of what he has done. Report him to the police but let your employers be aware of everything. He will beg you at last and he will be one afraid of you. He will never do that again in his life.

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by achieverme(m): 6:03pm On Sep 01, 2016
ifyalways:
Keep evidence of the threat.
Tell your lawyer.
File a complain officially with the Nigerian Police preferably the force headquarters in your state.
Be a man, stay strong and street wise.

Does he even need to be told all these? Why spoonfeed him?

Abi you wan marry young old generation bank manager? grin
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by placeofallure(f): 6:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
IVORY2009:

Typo!! Dont correct someone's level of the English language in a hurry, I know u can do more better dan dis, wen not in a hurry:

Let's call a spade, a spade. The English of many Nairalanders is whack! I always wonder the school which certified some people here. Look at you, you just committed a blunder now.

What in heaven's name is 'more better?' It's either you use 'more' or 'better ' never the two together.

You won't tell me it's typo that made you type 'more' then 'better' along with it, will you?

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 6:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

You must have gotten to that managerial post through the back door.

Your English is so poor.

Your thought process is so weak.

You don't even know how to quote a post properly; I had to work hard to be able to quote you somehow.

Yet, you say someone sounds like a "tenager". You can't even spell "teenager" correctly.
Dropshot, i learnt you are 37. Common brother, grow up.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
lekonso:
O boy you have a very strong case against him. Obviously he does not know the implication of what he has done. Report him to the police but let your employers be aware of everything. He will beg you at last and he will be one afraid of you. He will never do that again in his life.
Well spoken.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 6:24pm On Sep 01, 2016
Fedayeen02:
that dropshot aka passingshot will be 37 on September 15. We are used to it here so we are happy he is exhibiting it in public and good spirited people like you can advise him
I'm far older than 37. Try again!
grin
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by proffemi: 6:37pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

I'm far older than 37. Try again! grin

Well sir, you're not acting it. You may be a manager, but you appear to lack decorum.
Your first post was unnecessarily harsh. I am in a position where I am forced to be a judge of character often, and folks who speak like you tend to be presumptuous and be liable to make mistakes. Reporting to the police is one option open to OP, but that's not necessarily the only option. A wise man makes his choices only after he is confident he knows all viable options.

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 6:41pm On Sep 01, 2016
proffemi:

Well sir, you're not acting it. You may be a manager, but you appear to lack decorum.
Your first post was unnecessarily harsh. I am in a position where I am forced to be a judge of character often, and folks who speak like you tend to be presumptuous and be liable to make mistakes. Reporting to the police is one option open to OP, but that's not necessarily the only option. A wise man makes his choices only after he is confident he knows all viable options.
Dice it as you like, the OP is a mediocre by not knowing he was suppose to report to the police first. And guess what?, I'm not in Nairaland to make e-friends. I don't pat weak, incompetent, docile "managers" on the back. Deal with it!

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by proffemi: 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:
Dice it as you like, the OP is a mediocre by not knowing he was suppose to report to the police first. And guess what?, I'm not in Nairaland to make e-friends. I don't pat weak, incompetent, docile "managers" on the back. Deal with it!

Here's one of life's nice ironies. You say the OP is a mediocre because of his poor grammar and request for advice, but you're not looking much better yourself. The part in bold font above is a fallacy of the worst sort. I.e. not knowing he's supposed to report a case == he's mediocre. I am a teacher, and I do not suffer fools gladly myself, but there is a place, time and manner to make your point, and I do not think this is it. My 2c.

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ephi123(f): 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
So it's possible to be *in Nairaland* hahahaha cheesy Oversabi kills truly and indeed
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by udobaba(f): 6:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:

Dropshot i will tell you a hundred times. You behave and reason as a teenager. I am finding it hard to believe that you 37. Do u know a ten year old boy is more matured than you are. Grow up and stop acting foolish.

3 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by ephi123(f): 6:51pm On Sep 01, 2016
proffemi:

Here's one of life's nice ironies. You say the OP is a mediocre because of his poor grammar and request for advice, but you're not looking much better yourself. The part in bold font above is a fallacy of the worst sort. I.e. not knowing he's supposed to report a case == he's mediocre. I am a teacher, and I do not suffer fools gladly myself, but there is a place, time and manner to make your point, and I do not think this is it. My 2c.

He is busy *in Nairaland*, let him be. Very obnoxious fellow, you can tell the disdain people have for him from previous comments.
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by DropShot: 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
proffemi:

Pointers to being a mediocre are many. A manager in a bank with appalling grasp of the English language is surely one of them, for me.

By the way, the grammar aspect was brought in, only when he labeled me a "tenager". My first post only questioned his managerial ability for not knowing what to do. Where else should/could I have made him know she's displaying low reasoning ability than on his thread?

I am sure you know in your heart this OP is an incompetent "manager" but just don't want to admit it.

Done with you on this.

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by IVORY2009(m): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
placeofallure:

Let's call a spade, a spade. The English of many Nairalanders is whack! I always wonder the school which certified some people here. Look at you, you just committed a blunder now.

What in heaven's name is 'more better?' It's either you use 'more' or 'better ' never the two together.

You won't tell me it's typo that made you type 'more' then 'better' along with it, will you?

Miss, u might be right to some extent, but be dat as it may be, English is not my first language and my motto on a daily basis is dat, everyday is a learning process, Finally I want to register with ur English classes, do u render such services?
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by fuckpoverty(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
simply contact buharia cuz he his the chief of wickedness......and only he knwos aw 2 help u overcome evil
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by fuckpoverty(m): 7:17pm On Sep 01, 2016
simply contact buhariaa cuz he his the chief of wickedness......and only he knwos aw 2 help u overcome evil
Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by eniwhy: 7:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
Go and report him to police and get the idiot arrested, he should write undertaking that if anything happens to you irrespective of whom he would be responsible.
udobaba:
I am a young manager in one of an old generation bank. I have this colleague who is a subordinate and a marketer. Recently, i discovered that he has supressed customers cash up to fifteen customers and these money is either loan payment, deposit or account openings.
Many customers came to the branch to complain and i felt embarassed some on loan when they have not paid back their loan and u call them just to discovered that they paid and he supressed the cash. I gave him a querty wen i gathered all evidence and copied management and disciplinary committee was set for him and with lot of evidence, he was found guilty and his appointment terminated. He has suppressed more than a million naira of customers cash. Thats so far what we discovered. More than three months, yesterday he sent me a text messsge calling me evil and blaming me. He also threatened my life .
What do i do?

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by coolviv: 9:09pm On Sep 01, 2016
ogawisdom:

Thoughts like this is the problem with Nigeria. Someone STOLE almost N1m from innocent customers in a bank that should be the most respected and secured place to keep your money.

He was caught and rightly thrown out before he steals N1bn and sinks d bank causing job losses and suffering of innocent families.

Instead of outright condemnation of this action and commending the manager, you are concerned about d economic suffering of a thief who should have been thrown in jail.

Some people sef.

2 Likes

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by captainking(m): 10:31pm On Sep 01, 2016
ogawisdom:

boss.. His action was not harsh at all.. Infact.. He was lucky.. Cos in cases like this.. The management would have involved the police and not only would that man be sacked.. He would be made to pay clients money he diverted for his personal use and also serve jail term.. Fraud ain't something to be taken lightly in the banking sector.. As for the threat... U could as well report him to the police with proof of threat.. Just be careful young manager... And do what is right..

1 Like

Re: My Colleague Threatened Me. Advice Needed. by bigblackbooty(f): 10:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
DropShot:
If you, as a manager, still need someone to tell you to report him to the police, then it's correct to say you're not qualified to be a manager.
With wat he typed, nah! He's not qualified 2 bbe a manager.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Varying Salaries In Different Fields / How Are You Coping With ACCA Exam Fees Payment? / Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.