Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,158 members, 7,953,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! (32952 Views)

Poll: Predict the outcome of this match!

Germany wins: 26% (34 votes)
Nigeria wins: 73% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Falconet Player Sophia Omotola Omidiji: National U-20 Women / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by sammytb(m): 9:02am On Oct 08, 2009
just look at the way bow out
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by sylve11: 9:06am On Oct 08, 2009
I

FBS:

Haruna? I don't even want to talk about him. It's a complete waste of time.

that guy provoked me, if i have my way i'd beat the hell outta him angry angry angry angry cool
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by princekevo(m): 9:10am On Oct 08, 2009
The oil dun pour already so no amount of arguement or attack go bring am back 4 bottle, The more you talk, the more you get angry and the more your BP rises.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by dustydee: 9:12am On Oct 08, 2009
sorry o!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by izeek(m): 9:24am On Oct 08, 2009
and thats how the cookie crumbled.
they where just a waiste of resources and effort.

all i saw on the field of play was 10midfielders and one goalkeeper.

sorry but why do they all want to hold on.
what stopped haruna from blasting a a shot.

was that not the same position oliseh took same shot against spain.

they lacked the basics, and also showed that them don too old for this tournament.

let no bagga claim ref was partial, we failed to consolidate thats all.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by ayusman16(m): 9:27am On Oct 08, 2009
I was their biggest critic until during their game against d Germans. I think they display great determination and spirit 2 win d game but were just unlucky. We shld rembr dat at d stages of any competition even d best teams cld put their footings wrong and lose a game. Siasia still remains our best coach and those boys tried abeg,
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by lachim: 9:30am On Oct 08, 2009
nigerian football is in a total mess,lets focus on other sports.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by IFELEKE(m): 9:35am On Oct 08, 2009
sylve11:

I

that guy provoked me, if i have my way i'd beat the hell outta him angry angry angry angry cool

I was actually tempted to drop some curses on him when fbs mentioned him earlier but i refrained because the issue is not about him alone.let's face it, our football and sports in general stinks and we will keep on getting these results as long as our gluttonic leaders fail to address the rot.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by bodejohn(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2009
I am sure even God will be surprised we lost.
He gave us two goals when we really never deserved it,
Reduced our opposition to 10 men,
Gave us many scoring chances,
Siasia will have to win 5 trophies before I reckon with him again.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by naso2(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2009

I nearly broke ma TV screen.

The left back was out there injured prolly didnt want to come off and Siasia did nothing.
That area of the pitch is vulnerable and smart wingers would exploit the advantage.
It was a gaping hole for the Germans to exploit and they did. Fair play to them.
I dont seem to get the connection between the expected replacement of the injured left full back and the second German Goal. It was infact the right full back who refused to play safe when he had won the ball from the German player that caused the second goal.

I just hope we watched the same match anyway
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Builder: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2009
The boys played wonderfully well, they showed some urgence and character but the coaching team let them dowm, siasia just stood still with his POLO Shirt posing like an hungry male model, he should have been shouting instructions to our defense to be vigilant and stay focused. German goals came in as a result of defensive errors.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by naso2(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2009
I started sensing trouble when the Germans had a man sent off. By  my calculation we have lost more important matches when our opponents are 1 man less than the ones we have won.

NIGERIA vs ITALY (USA 94)
Nigeria VS  SENEGAL (MALI 2002)
NIGERIA VS GHANA (CAN 2008)

Is it as a result of tactical ineptitude or mere non-challance whenever our opponents are one man short?
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Dereformer(m): 9:55am On Oct 08, 2009
I still maintain my earlier stand:

(a) NFF should be closed down

(b) NFL should be closed down

(c) Budgetary appropriation to sports(particularly football) should be channeled towards ensuring steady supply of electricity. That way Nigerians will be better
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Nezan(m): 10:02am On Oct 08, 2009
Too bad angry
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by bisiaet: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2009
Pls fellow naija where does Samson Siasia get these boys from?
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by ohisng(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2009
Leave siasia alone. Na signs of the time. There is NOTHING that nigeria can do right again. NOt when we have a sickly confused president!!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by 55gal(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2009
The effects of corruption at work!
siasia you just succeeded in denting your CV.
Next time you will go to any tournament with the right players.
shame! embarassed angry
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by otokx(m): 10:19am On Oct 08, 2009
The sins of Nigeria are too many and its gradually catching up on us.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by semid4lyfe(m): 10:28am On Oct 08, 2009
Dayokanu, pls SHUT UP!

Honestly, I am beginning to doubt Siasia's credentials as a coach - poor technical and tactical capabilities, poor team selection, inability to read a game, playing players out of position e.t.c
Infact the deficiencies in this team are too numerous to mention. I was so sad I went to bed without eating last nite. It is not losing that hurts, its the way we lost.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by larimo(m): 10:29am On Oct 08, 2009
hello Nairalanders abi Nigerians,

Lets stop being abusive about things! Our very terribly spoken words are the reasons why nothing progresses much in Naija. Would we ever be this abusive to ourselves or our family? Haba! Its not good. We can criticise but not insult people anyhow. We insult and offer no solutions. All we do is insult, insult, insult! How many patriotic things do we do in our own areas of endeavours! Rubbish!

There were blunders in this game particularly in defense. The germans were gifted 3 easy goals. They showed a character that we have lacked throughout this competition - discipline. About out players, why are we so critical knowing that from the group games, they have lacked the attacking prowess? It was certainly not going to change dramatically against Germany. However, they showed they can improve by scoring twice, something they never could do at the group stage (forget Tahiti).

Siasia did make some errors in pushing too many players forward in the dying minutes, but he showed that regardless of the team, he has been able to adapt his tactics to contain such a team. For me, he is tactically sound. However, Siasia had one problem - picking the wrong team. Why he did that, I dont know but I assume that he didnt have enough time to act well. We all know he complained often about the defense before this tournament. Siasia cant be written-off because he showed that if given enough time, he can deliver.

I have drawn some positives from game. I think Rabiu Ibrahim, King Osanga and yes Ighalo should be drafted to the senior side. Many will insult by saying Ighalo didnt do anything, but how many Nigerian strikers today have such strength to hold off defenders as well take countless shots at goal? Rabiu has what no Nigerian senior player has today - creativity and vision. Osanga has got quick feet and he's pretty decent in crosses.

The future is still bright if only we stop being insultive and do nothing but think on how we can move forward. Lets remember that there was a time when Ghana and Ivory Coast was out of place in african soccer but they have come back with a bang! We can bounce back too.  

For me Siasia is still the best and cannot be compared with  Amodu.

God bless!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by horseballs(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2009
really the government should stop spending money on this loonies  angry angry imagine hw their goals are always equalized every few minutes  undecided undecided, e for beta if d money they were given for that trip was channelled to some other place which we will derive better economic value. i wan get heart attack during that game, yet the arseholes lost. thunder fire una there angry angry angry
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by omar22(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2009
siasia you just succeeded in denting your CV.

The biggest load of CLAP TRAP I have heard,

No team has the divine right to win everything, they were tournaments in the past when Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Holland etc. have all gone home in the group stage, but Almighty Nigeria get knocked out in the 2nd round we should demonise Siasia, whereas "Coco the clown" Amodu is being treated like Fabio Capello,

OK Nigeria sacks Siasia what next? we recycle another Disu, Amoo and Co into the role, Siasia said the team wasnt strong enough when he took over, we managed to get through the back door into the knockout round and we are expecting miracles

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by FBS: 11:04am On Oct 08, 2009
Of course they tried. Same goes to the boys from Tahiti!  tongue

What you talking about? Do you enter a competition only to TRY or to WIN it? undecided
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by lysaa(f): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2009
it was a disaster, seriously!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by omar22(m): 11:08am On Oct 08, 2009
Siasia did make some errors in pushing too many players forward in the dying minutes, but he showed that regardless of the team, he has been able to adapt his tactics to contain such a team

Lets look at it in 2 ways,

The German were one man down, and we were pushing at all cost to take advantage of the numerical difference, but we had another 30 minutes extra time we could have taking things a bit easy, because another 30 minutes with 10 men, may be tiredness would come in.

2) The Germans hasnt lost a penalty shoot out since 1972, and Nigeria are hardly lucky to win a shoot out, may be thats why they were pushing so hard but Haruna made a "SCHOOL BOY ERROR" and you cant castigate Siasia for it

Remember the team playing 10 men against 11 normally wins the match due to "Parking the bus in front of goal"
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by naso2(m): 11:23am On Oct 08, 2009
The team was not a particularly good team, however a little luck might have seen us go a little farther in the competition.

Show me any successful team Nigeria ever produced and I will show you where luck sometimes worked in our favour to progress.

DEM SUPPOSE CARRY THAT ODION IGHALO GO MFM FOR SEVEN DAYS DRY FASTING. SOMETHING DEY FOLLOW THAT BOY FROM HIM FAMILY.

HARUNA OWN NA BAR BEACH , DELIVERANCE HIM NEED.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by totalfact(m): 11:33am On Oct 08, 2009
Yes, We are nothing but Lizard Eagle.
Those boys are not players, but mere lizard family players. They could not deliver when essential!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by ayusco: 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2009
larimo:

hello Nairalanders abi Nigerians,

Lets stop being abusive about things! Our very terribly spoken words are the reasons why nothing progresses much in Naija. Would we ever be this abusive to ourselves or our family? Haba! Its not good. We can criticise but not insult people anyhow. We insult and offer no solutions. All we do is insult, insult, insult! How many patriotic things do we do in our own areas of endeavours! Rubbish!

There were blunders in this game particularly in defense. The germans were gifted 3 easy goals. They showed a character that we have lacked throughout this competition - discipline. About out players, why are we so critical knowing that from the group games, they have lacked the attacking prowess? It was certainly not going to change dramatically against Germany. However, they showed they can improve by scoring twice, something they never could do at the group stage (forget Tahiti).

Siasia did make some errors in pushing too many players forward in the dying minutes, but he showed that regardless of the team, he has been able to adapt his tactics to contain such a team. For me, he is tactically sound. However, Siasia had one problem - picking the wrong team. Why he did that, I dont know but I assume that he didnt have enough time to act well. We all know he complained often about the defense before this tournament. Siasia cant be written-off because he showed that if given enough time, he can deliver.

I have drawn some positives from game. I think Rabiu Ibrahim, King Osanga and yes Ighalo should be drafted to the senior side. Many will insult by saying Ighalo didnt do anything, but how many Nigerian strikers today have such strength to hold off defenders as well take countless shots at goal? Rabiu has what no Nigerian senior player has today - creativity and vision. Osanga has got quick feet and he's pretty decent in crosses.

The future is still bright if only we stop being insultive and do nothing but think on how we can move forward. Lets remember that there was a time when Ghana and Ivory Coast was out of place in african soccer but they have come back with a bang! We can bounce back too.

For me Siasia is still the best and cannot be compared with Amodu.

God bless!

quality post! that said it doesn't mean siasia is exempt from the teams tragic performance. he also contributed in the decisions(or lack thereof) that he made but he is a good coach so he should a lesson from this painful as it is.

As for Haruna dem send that guy to us tongue tongue i mean how diabolical can one person be? 1st na him miss penalty (twice) for junior afcon. now na him come get red card and worst of all e come help us snacth defeat from the jaws of victory ah ah! dem swear for am.

Anyways sorry for my rant had to rebuke that familiar spirit in haruna form. future wise rabiu should go straight to the senior national team he's not the new jay-jay but he has more vision and skill in one leg than all our midfielders combined(chei our national team don suffer)

don't lose the faith we will get there someday, somehow(make that soon reach ooo!

Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
How sad!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2009
AM A FOOTBALLER MYSELF FROM PRY SCHOOL TO EVEN WHEN I GO FOR NYSC.I AM BETTER THAN THAT CAPTAIN MISS IGHALO.IF U WATCH THE MATCH U WILL SEE THAT NIG WAS PLAYING( NIG 9 VS GER 11)FROM START OF THE GAME.MISS HARUNA AND MISS IGHALO WERE ABSENCE.TOO MANY PLAYERS AT MIDFIELD.OUR COACH SUPPOSE MAKE USE OF THE BENCH.
WHEN THE MATCH WAS 2-2,AT 92MIN,A GOOD COACH WILL TELL NIG GIRLS TO FALL BACK.BUT IMAGINE ,THE WHOLE GIRLS WENT FOR THE CORNER AS IF THE MATCH WAS 1-2 AT 92MIN.SORRY AM USING GIRLS,
PRAYER AND FASTING IS REQUIRED FOR THE COUNTRY CALLED NIGERIA
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
is not over yet,we will go for the 3rd placed match otherwise,fifa will ban us
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Uby40(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2009
i just cant stop laffing, hahahahahaha
i told my sibblings and colleagues that we were gonna lose woefully,but they never believed me, when the game was 2-1 i dr ove off to hang out with my sweetie who was bored and lonely.only for me to see grubby looking faces in less than 30mins, i just knew we had lost.But losing to a 10man squad is Woeful, hahahahaha
Naija wud always learn the hard way.
ASUU prayers wud never go unanswered.hahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Ibrahimovic Reveals What Caused Pogba’s Fight With Jose Mourinho / Ian Wright Tells The NFF To Pay The Super Falcons. / Blessing Okagbare And Igho Otegeri To Marry In November

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.