Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,298 members, 7,957,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! - Sports (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! (32990 Views)

Poll: Predict the outcome of this match!

Germany wins: 26% (34 votes)
Nigeria wins: 73% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Falconet Player Sophia Omotola Omidiji: National U-20 Women / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by naso2(m): 12:53pm On Oct 08, 2009
sholadoma:

WHEN THE MATCH WAS 2-2,AT 92MIN,A GOOD COACH WILL TELL NIG GIRLS TO FALL BACK.BUT IMAGINE ,THE WHOLE GIRLS WENT FOR THE CORNER AS IF THE MATCH WAS 1-2 AT 92MIN.SORRY AM USING GIRLS,

You are wrong my friend. There is nothing wrong with how they approached the corner kick which was about the last dice for us. Even if you have 100 men behind the ball , if your last man "fancifully" gambles like Haruna did, the team will go down.

But in fairness , I think Haruna was somehow fouled by the German.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Marymos: 12:54pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ayusco,true talk.You are very correct.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by sley4life(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2009
The present nff members should be jailed
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by U1(m): 1:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
It is these kinds of players that always make me realise how useless, and somehow meaningless, it would have been had Nigeria won the competition. They should just be mourning their future that is being ruined by nobody but themselves.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by timpaker(m): 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
angry embarassed
which kind of ajebo players we get? 'mumu'. i will never watch 9ja match again so as to will save me from developing high blood pressure. olushi!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Marymos: 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
We finally lost our golden chance of progressing to the next round of the competition. The team was transformed over night. The team that lack scoring potentials was able to convert two goals yesterday. Siasia as a matter of fact is a good coach. One would have thought that the German will defeat us by a very wide margin but our boys prove otherwise.Infact our boys were better than the German team but is just that luck was not on our side and our boys were careless and negligent. It really a painful match.
The major problem we are having with our national team is “SCORE AND RELAX SYDROME”.After scoring any goal, they will relax and wait for their opponent to equalize before fighting back. After scoring the first goal, our boys went to sleep immediately not until after just a minutes later the German team scored. The same thing happen in our match against Tunisa,the super eagle after scoring, relaxed and before you know what the Tunisian equalized. I hope we will learn our lesson.Is a pity.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Uby40(m): 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2009
Our next blunder victims wud be, emmmmmm
Yes!!!
Our "darling" Super Corkrels
The Super chikens  messed up against Germany last night, its the turn of the Super Cockrels to finish up the mess they started.
hahahahahahaha
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by omar22(m): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
You are wrong my friend. There is nothing wrong with how they approached the corner kick which was about the last dice for us. Even if you have 100 men behind the ball , if your last man "fancifully" gambles like Haruna did, the team will go down.

But in fairness , I think Haruna was somehow fouled by the German.

These are one of the reason why Nigeria would always be a nearly team "Lack of Discipline"

If Nigeria had showed more discipline and being professional Italy wouldnt have equalised in 1994

The same against Ghana at ACN last year
The same against Ivory Coast at ACN in 2006

Most importantly the game we drew against Tunisia, kack of discipline got them back n the game and one hand on the ticket to SA, A simple pass becomes difficult until you showboat, but the German the ultimate machine, guess they have rolled on into the quarters, leaving Nigeria feeling bruised after the match
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Duniverse(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
@marymos i object to wat u said concernin our coach. D mistake he made was by allowing those boys to be playing wat was on their mind which resulted to that, even when de were in dying minute de were stil playin fancy game even to the extent that d last man had d gods to be dribblin.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Duniverse(m): 1:48pm On Oct 08, 2009
@marymos i object to wat u said concernin our coach. D mistake he made was by allowing those boys to be playing wat was on their mind which resulted to that, even when de were in dying minute de were stil playin fancy game even to the extent that d last man had d gods to be dribblin.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Duniverse(m): 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2009
From the look of things is lik Nigeria are wastin d money used in financin sports those guys are bunch of liabilities, i will suggest de use d allocation to create job opportunities or use it to train d orphans. Wat do u think?
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Rendani(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2009
comon my nigerian bros at least look at the brighter picture, these boys were finally of their real age and they progressed to the last 16, what is it with africa we always want results that is why sometimes we resort to doing short cuts to achieve them, these boys need to be encouraged, do u think teams like egland, spain e.t.c grumbles when the lower age groups looses? no they dont cause they know that it is development, results atre not important and they get ir right where it matters most, the senior group, arent u suprised that the lower african groups can beat their europian counterparts but fail to do so at the senior group? think about it,
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by U1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2009
Before the Germans scored their first goal, I've been telling some guys where I watched the match that the way the Nigeria guys were trying to create offside traps, that is if that was what they were trying to do in the first place, if they don't watch it it would cost them, and it did.

If you are in need of real sadness and hypertension, I wonder why anyone would want those , Nigeria football is the way to go following. Just in case you didn't witness this s**t first hand, wait for the U-17s, by the way here they come! I told ya so. cool

sholadoma:

TOO MANY PLAYERS AT MIDFIELD.OUR COACH SUPPOSE MAKE USE OF THE BENCH.

Which quality player do you have on the bench? Shagari and co? undecided
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Marymos: 2:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
@Duniverse,i think where our coach got it wrong was when he allow the whole defenders to go upfront as if the corner must be converted to a goal.The boys were imressive but they have their shortcoming.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by Moranike: 2:26pm On Oct 08, 2009
Whaooooooo, i can't belve dat deeez crop of flying eagles kuld  be so weak when it mattered most, just like what happend to d super eagles, they scored a goal and conceded another within a minute, Cheii, incredible, what on earth was HARUNA doing that he left the ball for dat small boy to overun him n stretch d helpless keeper.

I pity SIASIA, the guys have rubbished him in egypt. Any way it's better to stop at this stage instead of being defeated woefully by almighty brazil who wins at all levels of their football.

Nigeria is failing in everything except CORRUPTION.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by snapshot: 3:18pm On Oct 08, 2009
[b][HARUNA WILL BE GOOD FOR SUYA MEAT]
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by snapshot: 3:36pm On Oct 08, 2009
STOP BLAMING SIASIA,WHAT SPECIAL THING DID THE GERMAN COACH DO? EVEN THE LIKES OF MOURINHO WILL STILL HAVE SAME PROBLEM,IF HE HAS SOMEONE LIKE HARUNA IN HIS TEAM,THAT BOY THINKS HE IS A STAR WHEN HE IS NOT BETTER THAN THOSE BOYS THAT PLAY STREET SOCCER IN AJEGUNLE,EVEN IN STREET SOCCER THE LAST MAN DOES NOT GAMBLE WITH THE BALL,NOT TO TALK OF A MATCH OF SUCH MAGNITUDE,WITH ABOUT A MINUTE TO GO,THAT BOY IS A JUDAS.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by platinumnk(f): 3:43pm On Oct 08, 2009
jassie:

nothing works anymore in naija,  football that used to make us happy is now making people sad!!!

jassie. . . contact me asap. leave me an offline message smiley
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by sowura(m): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2009
yesterday i realised that one reason why there is an obvious decline in the pool of talented footballers is that, the children of the poor and down troden who used to make up the majority of the national team players have found more profitable use of their time, like militancy, yahoo yahooo, music etc lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i no blame them jare. after all is said and done Siasia still retains my respect sha. i no even fit vex again, it has turned to comedy, i just dey laugh,laugh,dey laugh
Rendani:

comon my nigerian bros at least look at the brighter picture, these boys were finally of their real age and they progressed to the last 16, what is it with africa we always want results that is why sometimes we resort to doing short cuts to achieve them, these boys need to be encouraged, do u think teams like egland, spain e.t.c grumbles when the lower age groups looses? no they dont cause they know that it is development, results atre not important and they get ir right where it matters most, the senior group, arent u suprised that the lower african groups can beat their europian counterparts but fail to do so at the senior group? think about it,
you think people like OCHECHI is under 21, you make me laugh
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by kelvin(m): 4:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
The reason most Nigerians are heart broken is because we put too much attention on football, I think its time we divert our attention to cricket or badminton. That way, if we suck, we'll say we are new at it. sad
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by U1(m): 4:16pm On Oct 08, 2009
I just dey watch their matches just because I don't have anything rewarding to do at the moment, if I had any I would have been busy at it. These guys will never fail to break your heart. These flightless chicks have soiled SiaOne's reputation now, what a pity! Something must be wrond somewhere, how did Siasia comeup with these kids? Na the defense worst pass!

As for those wingless chickens playing on Sunday, you may possibly see them at their best now that their destiny is no longer in their hands.

[QUOTE]comon my nigerian bros at least look at the brighter picture, these boys were finally of their real age and they progressed to the last 16, what is it with africa we always want results that is why sometimes we resort to doing short cuts to achieve them, these boys need to be encouraged, do u think teams like egland, spain e.t.c grumbles when the lower age groups looses? no they dont cause they know that it is development, results atre not important and they get ir right where it matters most, the senior group, arent u suprised that the lower african groups can beat their europian counterparts but fail to do so at the senior group? think about it,[/QUOTE]

Who told you that? Or should I ask, where are your proofs?
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by mikeoscar: 4:19pm On Oct 08, 2009
Germany won My wish was done.
[b][/b]

@dayoKanu,
eeerrrmmmmmm, but they didn't beat us 4-0 or 6-2 now wink grin. At least we no be 3-lions, grin
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by omodada1: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2009
4 get dat match. we cud'nt hav perfomed beta cos we were afarid. imagin d goal we scored, our player went mad 4 4 mins in celebratn and just d next mins was a goal witout much celebratn cos dey belief dey were meant to win.
ask what dat low reatarded defender was looking as d Greman machine was going, i think a red cad would have been betta than a goal, yes he cud hav comitted a delibrate fou and we cud still hav rescued d match if God wished. anyway, we lost in football, we are still good in other things, as me wot? think again, thats part of it! grin grin grin
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by dudek: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2009
I WISH I COULD MEET DAT HARUNA OF A GUY HE WILL HATE DIS LIFE
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by DrKitaun(m): 6:01pm On Oct 08, 2009
This is what I have to say.

If y'all can remember, I mentioned that Siasia's ONLY crime is selecting the wrong players (don't come here and tell me he had only 3 months. . .y'all know what can be achieved in 3 months  ) and sometimes playing them out of position. It's hard for me to understand why he kept on playing Nwankwo as a defender when it is clear the guy is a natural MF. Maybe there is nothing wrong in that but are there no more defenders in the squad?

To those saying that we shouldn't have even gotten to this round? I ask you, how good was Costa Rica before getting to the QF? Need I remind you about Spain who started brightly but . . .well the rest they say is history.

Yesterday was a golden chance for the boys to prove their class and moreso that it was a match they could have won. Everything worked to their favor but they blew it right at the end.

Who is to blame? Well, normally it is the coach because he could have won that match with FE's numerical advantage. Not only did he fail to do that, it also took some 5-6 minutes to replace an injured player. Frankly speaking, I've never seen such.
Haruna? I don't even want to talk about him. It's a complete waste of time.

Yes FE lost but there are some positives (even if they are few) to take from the team. Rabiu Ibrahim, Uche Okafor (Goal keeper) and Obiora Nwankwo (he is very good when playing as a DM). Sorry but I cannot say anything about the rest of the team.

As for Siasia, I think he just blew his chance to take over the SE. He could have easily become a hero.

FE shouldn't have lost last night. Simply unbelievable.

PS: Now I'm waiting for Dayokanu to come and blow his trumphet. Strange he wasn't here last night.

FBS . . .GOD Bless u !!!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by FBS: 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
Dr Kitaun:

FBS . . .GOD Bless u !!!
Amen! wink
Thanks Dr Kitaun.

We just have to go back to the drawing board. Our time will come and we only pray that it won't be too long.
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by denny4ril: 7:05pm On Oct 08, 2009
cry my doctor say make i no watch naija match again that my blood pressure has trippled. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by DrKitaun(m): 7:57pm On Oct 08, 2009
@FBS

Inasmuch as I adore Sia1 and just so I dont mention the accumulation of goodwill he ha enjoyed worldwide . . . I am utterly disappointed in his performance at this last competition shocked

isnt Sia1 supposed to be the 15th best coach in the world ? undecided

for crying out 1 win out of 4 games make Amodu look like a Knight thats being unfairly unknighted grin grin

whichever way, I can only see the blame primarily is to Siasia for not taking any sane striker to the tourney, no players ready to die on the field, no player hungry enuff to do the unusual thruout the competition, and worse still IT WASNT LADDAN BOSSO OR MYSELF THAT SELECTED THAT TEAM FOR EFF SAKE !!! embarassed cry

Can I just say the problem of Nigerian footie is deeply spiritual and I fear the worse is about to happen, the free fall is what we are experiencing, for how long WE DONT KNOW !!! undecided

Pls dont pretend as if u dont know that I purposely didnt bother discussing Lukman Haruna as his Nigerian career is obviously finished !!! on second tots I learnt Bosso said since Haruna was named in that team he should just have been given the captain's band and forgotten on the field as a short 1 rather than him being a regular player inflicting the team with bad luck shocked grin grin grin
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by headliner: 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2009
denny4ril:

cry my doctor say make i no watch naija match again that my blood pressure has trippled. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!
stop watching,listen to the comentry on radio next time,i think that is better grin
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by skfa1: 12:30am On Oct 09, 2009
headliner:

stop watching,listen to the comentry on radio next time,i think that is better grin

hahahaha baba were grin , u don kill am be that o grin grin grin
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by alukstea(m): 2:52am On Oct 09, 2009
i get too much to say but i de VEX ehn,is it Siasia or haruna or Okafor or yaradull ni?Nigeria i swear if it gets worse than this ehn shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Germany Vs Nigeria (U-20 World Cup) [3 -2] Ouch! by princekevo(m): 5:55am On Oct 09, 2009
You people are still killing yourselves over a lost match, Am sure those fools called players are having more relaxed mind and peace more than you guys here hitting up your heads against the wall.
Please ooh! let no body die yet we still have a 2011 world cup qualifies to play on saturday abi sunday, can some one tell us the time.
Please and please Let no one tell me he or she wont watch coz we will all watch it. We still get hope to go mess ourselve up in SA world cup finals.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Jurgen Klopp: 'Sergio Ramos Is Cancer To The Game Of Football' / Why None Of Europe's Top Teams Want Ronaldo? / Should We Pardon Keshi For The Result Against Congo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.