Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) (35100 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / Mark Zuckerberg Showcases Tayo's Spike Rush App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Nairadays: 3:26pm On Sep 01, 2016
morereb10:
Wooow the youngest billionaire arrives and depart this country without meeting the president.... hmmmmmm

this is a sign that the president didn't even have any agenda or a way to tap into this billionaire in dollars head rather he prefers to go to Osun state to commission Osogbo High School were them go they teach children 4x + 6x - 8y =10, find x and y. Hmmm una go find am tire for this country.

But when the oldest leader in the world (Mugabe) with his knuckle head came he went straight to presidency.

I mean birds of same feather flock together right?

UP CHANGE

Am sorry my friend, were you seeking for likes? I simply cannot comprehend what you have up there. Don't you know it's the schools that your president went to commission that makes billionaires?

Did they tell you mark came for a state visit? Was it Kenya's president that welcomed him?

It's sad and pathetic that you could muster such comment above. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by okikiosibodu(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
We no go wan hear sey one thing do one thing, sey Kenyan babe get belle for Mark o...I no trust those kenyans
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by I888(m): 3:27pm On Sep 01, 2016
Saint52:
Same Tshirt, something must be wrong somewhere............
it's called trademark. Steve Jobs was always on turtle neck.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by sukkot: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
PrinceAbinibi:
Jidenna is like Thank God! Announcement Announcement Announcement Jidenna is in Nigeria grin grin
yeah the people chose BARABAS over JESUS.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Samuelojonla123(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
Thank God he was not kidnapped.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by thaoriginator: 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
morereb10:
Wooow the youngest billionaire arrives and depart this country without meeting the president.... hmmmmmm

this is a sign that the president didn't even have any agenda or a way to tap into this billionaire in dollars head rather he prefers to go to Osun state to commission Osogbo High School were them go they teach children 4x + 6x - 8y =10, find x and y. Hmmm una go find am tire for this country.

But when the oldest leader in the world (Mugabe) with his knuckle head came he went straight to presidency.

I mean birds of same feather flock together right?

UP CHANGE
[size=15pt]WTF is this?!!![/size] undecided
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by folu4real(f): 3:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
See how he is well treated in Kenya but Nigeria own naaa snap snap and twitter comments. Anyway love d way d food was dish and freshness as well
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by OgbeniSamm(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2016
But i thought Mark Zuckerberg would pay a courtesy visit to Buhari. Not even sure he went to greet Ambode. This means Naije govt no get levels outside the country be that..na wa o!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by mmsen: 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2016
BF69BF:
Finally, at least we can now rest.
Enough of Mark Zuckerberg's thread already.

But Kenya, hope those people won't rape him sha?

If he didn't get raped in India then he'll be fine in Nairobi.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by TheAziz: 4:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
this zuckerburg and the round neck wey him dey always wear sef
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Perfectionist11: 4:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
This man is the embodiment of simplicity..World's sixth richest man & he dresses casually like any average guy..Naija yahoo guys wey nab only 300 dollars for don put on designer all over..I do not blame em since OLamide is their role model.

"Don't get me wrong,I admire art and I have an appreciation for all mundane stuffs..but I still believe that beauty lies in simplicity.".
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by trublood(m): 4:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
BTW he is not the world's youngest billionaire, check your facts first before typing.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by IVORY2009(m): 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
thundabot:
Why is that girl looking at him lyi dat.

Any bady Epp me see ma fb logins need to hit facebook it been a while, still follow me on instagram @thundabot

typing.....

If I send 2K instagram followers to u, wat would be my reward?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by wisepluto(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2016
Saint52:

Nothing is wrong with him in any way. It looks the same but he has much more as to wearing one.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 01, 2016
MillionDollars:
Nigeria no give am food, just snap snap and snap

He ate ooh...but I'm sure they got him american chef so no need to snap him eating food he is used too...

But ahswear, as soon as that man gets back to his hotel, na better shit him go shit... grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by centboy123456(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2016
joetenn:
Mark Zuckerberg is no longer the world's youngest billionaire. That "title" now belongs to Norwegian teenager Alexandria Andresen (19).
The youngest self-made billionaire is 25-year-old Snapchat co-founder Evan Spiegel
Zuckerberg is now 31

Oga were u tell see this one form na show me link cuz I nor believe abi u be apc member
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by biggy26: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2016
Pavore9:
Kenya is the undisputed King of mobile money, they have perfected the art as international money transfer operators (Moneygram, Ria, Worldremit, Sendwave, Western Union etc) use the mobile money networks to deliver transfers straight to recipient's phone number!

I know Nigerian banks would make sure MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and Glo are never given the license to operate mobile money networks as it is in Kenya.

I am 200% sure pepper no dey that food! cheesy

No pepper my bro. ugali and sukumawiki, with saltless fish...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Orikinla(m): 6:35pm On Sep 01, 2016
PRESS RELEASE

Facebook CEO visits Nairobi to see Kenyan Innovation in Action

Zuckerberg is in Kenya to see how technology innovation is changing the country

LONDON, United Kingdom, September 1, 2016/ -- Facebook (www.Facebook.com) CEO Mark Zuckerberg is visiting Kenya this week on his first trip to Africa, using his time in the country to visit the iHub technology hub in Nairobi, meet with developers and partners, and explore how the country’s pioneering mobile money ecosystem is evolving.

Zuckerberg is in Kenya to see how technology innovation is changing the country, learn more about what mobile entrepreneurs are doing with the latest technology, and find out how Facebook can better support small businesses, developers and content creators across growing markets.

He landed in Kenya yesterday after visiting Lagos, Nigeria. He was particularly excited to see how mobile money and social media are driving commerce in the region and creating new opportunities for entrepreneurs and communities.

One of Zuckerberg’s first stops on the trip was iHub, an Innovation hub and hacker space started in March 2010 by TED fellow and entrepreneur, Eric Hersman. Here, he met developers and entrepreneurs:

Edna Kwinga, Chief Human Resource Officer and Marie Amuti, UX designer at Twiga Foods (http://TwigaFoods.com), a mobile based-business-to-business supplier of fresh fruits and vegetables.
Eric Thimba and Porgie Gachui co-founders of Mookh (https://myMookh.com), a digital payments start-up.
Wandia Gichuru, CEO, and Makena Mutwiri, Head of Marketing of Vivo Active Wear (https://web.Facebook.com/vivoactivewear/?_rdr), an online women’s clothes store does most of its business via Facebook, Instagram and Whatsapp. The transactions are conducted with mobile money.

Zuckerberg also spent some time hanging out with developers in The Community Space and marveling over the ingenuity of BRCK, an American-owned, Kenya-based start-up that built a rugged, self-powered, mobile WiFi device which connects people and things to the internet in areas of the world with poor infrastructure.

“Just landed in Nairobi! I'm here to meet with entrepreneurs and developers, and to learn about mobile money - where Kenya is the world leader” says Zuckerberg. “I'm starting at a place called iHub, where entrepreneurs can build and prototype their ideas. Two of the engineers I met, Fausto and Mark, designed a system to help people use mobile payments to buy small amounts of cooking gas, which is a lot safer and better for the environment than charcoal or kerosene. It's inspiring to see how engineers here are using mobile money to build businesses and help their community”.

Zuckerberg later posted “I had lunch in Nairobi with Joseph Mucheru, the Kenyan Cabinet Secretary of Information and Communications. We talked about internet access and his ambitious plans for connecting everyone in Kenya. We ate at a place everyone recommended; MAMA Oliech Restaurant (http://APO.af/zOr0sJ). One of my favorite parts of traveling to a new place is trying local food. I enjoyed ugali and a whole fried tilapia for the first time and loved them both!”

Distributed by APO on behalf of Facebook.

SOURCE
Facebook
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by zicoraads: 6:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
Keneking:
So he was granted only five days visa angry
Useless APC government angry angry
It simply means that developers do not really have clout in the political circles, i may be wrong.
Politicians only use them during election and dump them thereafter. Design this, design that, make banner, make posters ...
Useless politicians angry
Nonsense angry
This guy...you are starting to sound funny walahi cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by zicoraads: 6:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
wisepluto:

Nothing is wrong with him in any way. It looks the same but he has much more as to wearing one.
Yea, my Oyibo Principal back in the day too had this ash trousers he was always wearing. That man wore ash almost every day of the week. As junior students, we assumed he had only one. Until we had the chance to visit him and even enter into every corner of the house when we became seniors. That was when our mouths were left wide open.

Fr O' Connel had dozens!
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by kayttah(m): 6:44pm On Sep 01, 2016
Saint52:

Yh Yh.. He doesn't have time to waste on thinking of clothes to wear. Billionaire's lifestyle
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Pavore9: 6:49pm On Sep 01, 2016
biggy26:

No pepper my bro. ugali and sukumawiki, with saltless fish...

Your eye sharp well, well! cheesy cheesy

I have gotten used to those pepperless and saltless meals. I remember the first time l tasted chapati some years back, l threw up but now am addicted to it! cheesy
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by flokii: 7:01pm On Sep 01, 2016
MillionDollars:
Nigeria no give am food, just snap snap and snap

He ate jollof rice na..haba

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by encryptjay(m): 7:52pm On Sep 01, 2016
centboy123456:

Oga were u tell see this one form na show me link cuz I nor believe abi u be apc member
I think he's right cos they're others
check this link and try and do a little Google search
http://www.forbes.com/sites/briansolomon/2012/03/07/youngest-billionaires-in-the-world-led-by-the-facebook-four/#985eb8a2bc1a
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by riczy(m): 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2016
Caveat: pls don't patronised doz thieves that" share n sale data"
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Bifwoli: 9:40pm On Sep 01, 2016
Perfectionist11:
This man is the embodiment of simplicity..World's sixth richest man & he dresses casually like any average guy..Naija yahoo guys wey nab only 300 dollars for don put on designer all over..I do not blame em since OLamide is their role model.

"Don't get me wrong,I admire art and I have an appreciation for all mundane stuffs..but I still believe that beauty lies in simplicity.".

Mark's simplicity and humility is to be much admired unlike Nigerians where celebs flaunt their more modest wealth or unlike narcisistic Donald Trump who likes to blow his horn overexagerating how wealthy and successful he is.Too much pride in those fools to be caught dead in a t-shirt unlike down to earth Zuckerberg.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by boninho: 12:56am On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=Pavore9 post=48984508]Kenya is the undisputed King of mobile money, they have perfected the art as international money transfer operators (Moneygram, Ria, Worldremit, Sendwave, Western Union etc) use the mobile money networks to deliver transfers straight to recipient's phone number!

I know Nigerian banks would make sure MTN, Airtel, Etisalat and Glo are never given the license to operate mobile money networks as it is in Kenya.

I am 200% sure pepper no dey that food! cheesy[/quo
You dare not try mobile money operation in Nigeria cos G guys are roaming everywhere, they will run men bankrupt
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Pavore9: 2:03am On Sep 02, 2016
[quote author=boninho post=48998619][/quote]

If we can not run such that push around about 3 billion Kenyan shillings ($30m) daily in Kenya across mobile phone numbers comfortably as the platform is powering so many SMEs, giving those abroad the ease in sending international transfers straight to the phone numbers of their relatives in the villages without those ones having to go to a bank to collect the money then we have no business always feeling we better are than Kenyans saying they are weird and what not.

i have a kenyan friend who is based in the U.S and her sick dad is based in the village. She used to send money straight to her father's phone so he could use it for his medication but rather the man spends the money on alcohol so she outsmarted him by arranging a nurse in their village to go and dress her father's wounds daily alongside giving him his drugs and once she calls in to confirm that her father has been attended to, she sends the $2 charge straight to the nurse's phone and the arrangement dey pain the old man! cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 02, 2016
IVORY2009:

I guess you're frm Kenya, how come der are not household names in that sector?
Just google anything technology in Africa and see if you'll miss kenya in the results
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 02, 2016
List of internationa technology companies that chose Kenya as their HQ base

AVIC internationa- Africa
BlackBerry Ltd -east and central Africa
Elitek - Sub Saharan Africa
Google -Africa
GSM assosiation -Africa
IBM research Lab -Africa
ICAO -Africa
KIVA -Africa
Motorola solution -Africa
Nokia research hub -Africa, m.east and India
Qualcom -Sub.Saharan Africa
RTI international
Sony -east and cental africa
Toyota -Africa
Visa -sub sahara Africa
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by thundabot(f): 4:02pm On Sep 02, 2016
IVORY2009:

If I send 2K instagram followers to u, wat would be my reward?

I will give you whtaever u wish for
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Departs Nigeria For Kenya (photos) by IVORY2009(m): 4:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
thundabot:

I will give you whtaever u wish for
okay! Less see wat happens, wat about bot

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Php Class For Beginners. Question Will Be Treated With High Priority. / best BULK SMS provider in Nigeria ? / When You Are A Computer Guru And Your Girlfriend Needs Your Assistance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.