Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real (26805 Views)

Woman Crashes Car After Hitting A Pole While Trying To Show That God Is Real / Prayers That Could Prove That God Is Real / 5 Clear Proofs That God Exists: To The Atheists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Gpdwise(m): 9:13pm On Sep 01, 2016
Notruth:

Who said you ned to go to church every sunday?
Notruth I go to church on sunday as the first day of the week as millons of Nigerian do...
Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Gpdwise(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2016
Notruth:

Ask him who created the car he was riding in? Simple! Someone! Only that we can't see him!
can u give me more.. the fact that he can't see the person that created the car but he is seeing the car as an evidence that some one built it. that is how God created us. As long as he can breath and see me it is an evidence that God is real

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by EyeHateGod: 9:23pm On Sep 01, 2016

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by EyeHateGod: 9:25pm On Sep 01, 2016
Gpdwise:
I have been trying for the past three (3) hours now to explain the concept of God to my six year old half brother. who recently just returned from the states. i tried reading using the bible and he asked me the most difficult but simple question. Big brother where did God come from if you said there was nothing in world!! I dropped the bible immediately
I tried using nature to explain that the beautiful flowers, birds and sea where created by God. Then he asked me who created God because mama bird and papa bird will have junior bird and for the flowers I need to plant its seed for them to grow.. so big brother who is papa God

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 01, 2016
Gpdwise:
I Dont believe all I need to do is to take him to church every Sunday.. that will make him familiar with God in Nigeria and when he goes back to the state next two weeks would he still ve that conviction.. I want day to day example so that tomorrow he will ve the perfect faith of what he believes in

You are just an atheist masquerading!

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 01, 2016
Gpdwise:

can u give me more.. the fact that he can't see the person that created the car but he is seeing the car as an evidence that some one built it. that is how God created us. As long as he can breath and see me it is an evidence that God is real

What you are trying to say is that you want to see God! Then see him tonight! In your dream! But if you are a demon, I destroy you in Jesus name!

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by frank317: 10:05pm On Sep 01, 2016
Look at how explaining God, the creator of heaven and earth, the all powerful and all knowing being, to a six year old is difficult... Yet Religious folks and reason and ask themselves question.

If God cannot reveal himself to an inquisitive 6years old, how useless can he be?

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Iseoluwani: 3:48am On Sep 02, 2016
Gpdwise:
@coolebux I just need practical example to give him.. I need something he can relate to that God exists

Your answer lies in 1cor 13 and the whole book of 1john, 2john, 3john. This books of the Bible speaks about God's LOVE. GOD Z LOVE, LOVE IS GOD

BUT FIRST READ THOSE BIBLE BOOKS FIRST
Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Gpdwise(m): 6:58am On Sep 02, 2016

You are just an atheist masquerading!
like seriously sometimes I wonder what is wrong with we christains . I ask a I become an automatic atheist. check Notruth post and you are here calling me names..

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 7:11am On Sep 02, 2016
Don't lead him astray, lest he join the crowd of disillusioned folks in Nigeria. He can't understand that God is real because God isn't real. Its his logical brain doing its function. I love that kid.

8 Likes

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Gpdwise(m): 7:26am On Sep 02, 2016
frank317:
Look at how explaining God, the creator of heaven and earth, the all powerful and all knowing being, to a six year old is difficult... Yet Religious folks and reason and ask themselves question.

If God cannot reveal himself to an inquisitive 6years old, how useless can he be?
I believe there is a way to explain God to him and I just realise that we Christains including me have taken God for granted by just relying on the bible alone as prof that God exist which to me is not right. My people perish for lack of knowledge and its true. I ve become an atheist and a demon overnight because I asked a ? but one thing I must achieve on this platform is to get what I want and that will be to explain God to my Brother
Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by dblackninja: 8:05am On Sep 02, 2016
Gpdwise:
I have been trying for the past three (3) hours now to explain the concept of God to my six year old half brother. who recently just returned from the states. i tried reading using the bible and he asked me the most difficult but simple question. Big brother where did God come from if you said there was nothing in world!! I dropped the bible immediately
I tried using nature to explain that the beautiful flowers, birds and sea where created by God. Then he asked me who created God because mama bird and papa bird will have junior bird and for the flowers I need to plant its seed for them to grow.. so big brother who is papa God

Seems your 6 year old brother is way wiser than you. Hope the family won't use threats & iron hand on the smart boy like typical christian do undecided Let's then see who convinces who.

And by the way, Who is papa god

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by ifenes(m): 8:40am On Sep 02, 2016
sobastical:

Tell them to hold their breathe for a minute if they can survive it and then they will know there's God. To me I believe our job is to preach the word while it is the job of the Holy Spirit to convince and convict the heart of men to believe and get saved.

Really??
Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by ifenes(m): 8:43am On Sep 02, 2016
Gpdwise:

You should learn from that kid. He seem light years ahead of the rest of the family in curiosity. All you guys wanna do is indoctrinate him. A free mind will remain a free mind regardless.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by ifenes(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2016
Gpdwise:

am not here to start an argument what I want is just a simple way to explain God to a kid.. not about how atheists thinks I know how fulfilled I am being a Christain and I want my younger brother to enjoy the same feeling.

If you cannot explain God to a six year old kid, how did you convince yourself there is one?

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by malvisguy212: 9:16am On Sep 02, 2016
Gpdwise:
God is a spirit (luke 4:24) a spirit is not a material effect, you cannot create a spirit, God is the uncause cause.

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by malvisguy212: 9:20am On Sep 02, 2016
Gpdwise:

Notruth I go to church on sunday as the first day of the week as millons of Nigerian do...
You come to the wrong forum to seek for answer, this forum is control by deceptive spirit and lying tongue, they will only mock and laugh at you.

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2016
coolebux:

My brother, I can see how concerned and committed you are in this your brother's issue.
Folks might try to equip you with ideas they believe could work out, yet it clearly doesn't end there because you are not trained to do this.
It prize-worthy for you to have detected this deficiency in a good time

Just like you and I, that concept "God" was clearly explained to us in the children department of our churches unlike what they do where he lived. Thus, my previous post

If the concept of God was clearly explained, I see no reason why the op should encounter any difficulty in convincing a six-year old kid

2 Likes

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by sonofthunder: 9:35am On Sep 02, 2016
every Christian has asked same question at various times... doesn't mean he doesn't believe

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
God is a spirit (luke 4:24) a spirit is not a material effect, you cannot create a spirit, God is the uncause cause.

Uncaused cause? I'ld prefer you say it's the known unknown

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by malvisguy212: 9:51am On Sep 02, 2016
kolawaxxy:

Uncaused cause? I'ld prefer you say it's the known unknown
To you, That what you think. But to me, He is VERY much real.

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
To you, That what you think. But to me, He is VERY much real.
Alright

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Gpdwise(m): 10:57am On Sep 02, 2016
malvisguy212:
You come to the wrong forum to seek for answer, this forum is control by deceptive spirit and lying tongue, they will only mock and laugh at you.
I just realise how right u are.. I just realise I just created a forum for atheist and Christians to show there superiority and the main bases for these post has been lost

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Remilekun101: 12:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
sobastical:
The earlier the better you should start praying for him, it is better now that you're aware of this at the early stage. The best thing to do is to pray for him fervently and show him some picture bible story book and pray before you do that as well.

God will open his eyes to the truth. Shalom

[size=14pt]Does that answer the question, Where does God comes from?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by frubben(m): 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
dedons:
Hmmmmm...

Your six - year old brother just returned from the states indeed.

I guess it's BUBU's katsina state.

keep on deceiving your self and other gullible nairalanders.

Anyway, if you must explain the existence of God to anyone, then you must first explain to yourself why you personally believe in his Existence.

SHIKENA!

No mind d guy. D guy dey bobo himself

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by HardMirror(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2016
CoolUsername:
Watch in this thread: the rare moment where adults discuss how best to indoctrinate an impressionable young child.
Hehehehe
Smh
What a pity. Someone even suggested flogging the boy. This shows how many were indoctrinated. To believe in God is not a choice, it is a MUST in many homes.

7 Likes

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Image123(m): 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
HardMirror:

Hehehehe
Smh
What a pity. Someone even suggested flogging the boy. This shows how many were indoctrinated. To believe in God is not a choice, it is a MUST in many homes.

Nothing wrong with that though it should be done in love and wisdom not in crudity. Important things usually need firmness for children, like eating, bathing, doing house chores, even going to school, academic diligence and discipline. These are not things left to choice.

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Antiparticle(m): 12:04am On Sep 03, 2016
The kid is obviously a smart kid. Please don't recommend beating a kid into accepting an idea; doing so means you will create a kid with subdued curiosity. The OP should first answer that question for himself: if the complexity of the universe implies a creator then this means the complexity of Yahweh implies a creator too right? So who created Yahweh? And who created Yahweh's creator? And that creator's creator? You get my gist. Please find your answer to that question first and then tell the child. But please don't use force on him.

Suggestion for the OP: start getting ready to do lots of reading on human history, the history of religion, and the history of Christianity. Also do lots of reading on the physics behind the universe, and the evolution of species. And then maybe, just maybe, it will shed light on the depth behind the question the kid asked.
coolebux:
Oya carry that pikin go una Church children department shapaly,

mek them use things like

The book of my Bible stories

Children's Bible

Christian songs

And Koboko (if need be)

Show am say Baba no be fake

But if to say the pikin been dey naija since, e for don know Baba God tey tey.

5 Likes

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by shadeyinka(m): 6:57am On Sep 03, 2016
OP
The boy has been successfully indoctrinated against the knowledge of God since infancy and you want to change that in 3 hours.

Let me help you.
Bring out a computer or a phone. Explain to him the concept of the visible hardware and the invisible software.

Use that to explain the fact that the WHOLE universe is made up of two parts: the visible and the invisible.

The invisible part of the universe does not obey the common rules or laws of the physical (including time, space, cause and effect)

This introduces the concept of God as an invisible spirit who may not need a father or mother(the rules are different)

Then show him a beautiful picture or an engine and ask if these can spontaneously exist without a designer or maker.

Finally pray for him.
I don't know if you are born again: if you are lay your hand on his head and command that every enemy of God seeking for the boys life be arrested, chained and evicted in Jesus Name.

See what happens

My second problem is you. Do you understand what you have believed about God? Are you Christian by Birth or by Relationship? I guess it may be appropriate to look inwards and redefine your relationship with God.

Jesus Saves

1 Like

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by frank317: 7:08am On Sep 03, 2016
Gpdwise:

I believe there is a way to explain God to him and I just realise that we Christains including me have taken God for granted by just relying on the bible alone as prof that God exist which to me is not right. My people perish for lack of knowledge and its true. I ve become an atheist and a demon overnight because I asked a ? but one thing I must achieve on this platform is to get what I want and that will be to explain God to my Brother

Why is it ur duty to explain God to the kid? Did God beg u to do that for him? Why can't he do it himself?

So since you cannot explain God to a six year old, how did you convince yourself that he exists?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=shadeyinka post=49028684]OP
The boy has been successfully indoctrinated against the knowledge of God since infancy and you want to change that in 3 hours.

Let me help you.
Bring out a computer or a phone. Explain to him the concept of the visible hardware and the invisible software.

Use that to explain the fact that the WHOLE universe is made up of two parts: the visible and the invisible.

The invisible part of the universe does not obey the common rules or laws of the physical (including time, space, cause and effect)

This introduces the concept of God as an invisible spirit who may not need a father or mother(the rules are different)

Then show him a beautiful picture or an engine and ask if these can spontaneously exist without a designer or maker.

Finally pray for him.
I don't know if you are born again: if you are lay your hand on his head and command that every enemy of God seeking for the boys life be arrested, chained and evicted in Jesus Name.

See what happens

My second problem is you. Do you understand what you have believed about God? Are you Christian by Birth or by Relationship? I guess it may be appropriate to look inwards and redefine your relationship with God.

You don't have to be a christian to believe in a god

Jesus Saves from what?
Re: My Six Year Old Half Brother Doesn't Seem To Understand That God Is Real by Gpdwise(m): 7:59am On Sep 03, 2016
shadeyinka:
OP

Let me help you.

Finally pray for him.

See what happens

Jesus Saves
thanks very much and am a Christain by birth. I started reading up scientific prove that God is real and am certain my brother can relate more to your computer example.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Hacks Wife For Failing To Attend Church / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / The Bible Forbids Tattoos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.