Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution (7422 Views)

Church Members Arrested During Service For Noise Pollution In Lagos / Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / 79-year-old Lady Sues Redeemed Church For Noise Pollution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 8:31am On Dec 29, 2006
@Eurphoria:

hehehehehehehe. . . . . . . .

@ Christino:

hope u had a lovely Christmas too. Your toilet was on autoflush? Damn! I gotta get me one of those! Don't worry, i'm shipping a lot of Kleenex/toilet rolls a la Black Soap (ose dudu) and not forgetting aerosol sprays via Fedex or DHL. My toilet survived the surgery (God works in mysterious ways) and would soon be resuming business over there!!

@ topic:

gbade's also got experience. I think it's high time the government steps its foot down concerning churches and mosques and Noise Pollution especially within residential areas. Some years ago, there was this church beside me house. It was an everyday affair. As from 12p.m -6 a.m daily, they were always having a vigil of sorts. Either the residents clamped down on 'em or the pastor got tired or something and the church closed.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by shinystar(m): 7:34pm On Dec 29, 2006
It smacks of insensitivity to the feeling of others to make noise with church services. I think I will clampdown on these churches if I have the powers.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by mrpataki(m): 8:28pm On Dec 29, 2006
As much as i believe Nigerian churches contribute a major to noise pollution, as well let us know that even most of this shops that sell CDs and the rest, as well make a factor to noise pollution not to now talk of mosques as well too.

So it not all about the churches alone!
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Christino(m): 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2006
Yes O,

In fact you are right, but those CD Sellers are concentrated somewhere and aren't all over the place like churches. Sometimes they play interesting "secular" music while churches force you to listen to their service. grin

IF they are playing Tupac, i'm cool, but when they switch to Pasuma, i'm not cool o cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 29, 2006
Rof-lmao @ Christino!!

Now repeat after gbade:

shibadaba, shibadabo o oo! Egungun be kiaful o!! Omo lope, gbe sin won leti ojare!! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Christino(m): 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2006
No,

Abeg gimme Obesere omo rapala instead cheesy. If you need to eat a frog- chop the one wey get eggs. If u want 2 go bad, go 2 d baddest extreme.

I'd rather have d extreme of both worlds. Tupac or Obesere grin

Abasido, Mo nwase labe yin o, (2ce) grin
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by gbadex1(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2006
I rest my case cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by mrpataki(m): 7:42pm On Dec 30, 2006
kai kai, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Never knew nairaland had them here,
Pack of Razz fellows! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by superman(m): 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2006
beware!!! repeat after superman!

this is nigerian forum not kenya!
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by stunatic(m): 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2006
hahahahaha, damn, u better get back at her
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by tlo(f): 12:08am On Jan 02, 2007
Clearly, worship that disturbs everyone else is not acceptable, not by anyone, atleast from what I've seen here

i'd like to hear from the the leader of such places of worship and find out what it is they think they're doin, getting people signed up for things they didn't subscribe to
this goes also for all night "owambe " parties, out of control teenagers with their music turned up, people with boom boxes etc

the 'issue is not the mode of worship
it's the (blasted) NOISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Christian, so I'll try not to bash anyone including my church.
It's bad enough for ousiders that worship is loud and disturbs others, even worse when its an open air church, then even more terrible when there are loud speakers outdoors for everyone to hear what's going on inside.

The churches may think there's something they're saying that someone outside might need to hear but they may have just turned out to be a nuisance.

I was visting at a friend's and attended an all night vigil from a distance -from my friend's bedroom, the music was SO loud and the church wasn't even that close. I was very very sad for their neighbours.

Also, in that neighbourhood, another church and one of the biggest churches in Nigeria has their HQ.
They've practically driven off the neighbors and bought up their property (some 10 years ago, I know for a fact that those buildings, not the church now, were residential). I guess they-the neighbours "couldn't take it anymore" and moved out, today the church owns these buildings.
This same church had been dragged to court and their argument, which won them the case was that, in the plan of every community there's provision for houses of worship. I'm afraid loud KSA music may not be enough to intimidate this crowd as they might match it with prayers directed at you(as the enemy this time around).

One of my uncle's also deliberately didn't rent an apartment when he realized it was going to be next to an open air church.

These experiences have led to to come up with these suggestions:

That all places of worship or activity that will disturb the neighbourhood, should be within the 4 walls of a building, sound-proof, with no loud-speakers on the outside, so that we can all do whatever we please , the neighbours can have some peace and everyone's happy.

I think it should be legalized

Who now's going to bell the cat?
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by 2old4that(m): 2:46pm On Jan 04, 2007
@topic
I wonder why people think screaming n shouting is all there is about prayer. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Eurphoria(f): 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2007
^
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by mrmayor(m): 1:13pm On Jan 05, 2007
I think that the shouting and screaming in unique to Made In Nigeria Churches,no offense intended wink
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by Mystique(f): 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2007
I believe churches that constitute noise pollution, are those in open air spaces.! cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by emeka1973(m): 2:03pm On Jan 10, 2007
GOD ANSWERS PRAYER WHETHER U SHOUT OR NOT.ALTHOUGH WE NEED TO CONSIDER OUR NEIGHBOURS IF WE ARE PRAYING.JESUS LUVS US ALL.

NAIRALANDERS IF U ARE LIVING UR LIFE WITHOUT JESUS, I MUST TELL U WITH ALL DUE RESPECT THAT U ARE LIVING A MEANINGLESS LIFE.
FRIENDS SURRENDER YOUR LIFE TO JESUS TODAY.JESUS IS COMING VERY SOON.IT MAY BE TOO LATE WHEN U DECIDE TO DO SO.NOW IS THE TIME FOR SALVATION.ACCEPT JESUS TODAY.

CHEERS
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by emeka1973(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2007
READ ISAIAH 55:1-10.

ACCEPT JESUS TODAY.TOMORROW MAY BE TOO LATE.LIVE UR LIFE ACCORDING TO D WORK OF GOD.ONLY JESUS CAN SAVE.JESUS LUVS U AND HE DIED THAT WE MAY BE FREE.ACCEPT HIM TODAY.HE RIGHT THERE WHERE U ARE WAITING FOR U.

CHEERS
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by kimba(m): 10:24pm On Jan 12, 2007
mrmayor:

I think that the shouting and screaming in unique to Made In Nigeria Churches,no offense intended wink

My view is that some people just dont understand the Bible. Jesus said: our father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. When he was calling Lazarus from the grave, it was: Lazarus, come forth.

Manytimes, I wonder where the element of Faith disappeared to when some "believers" shout and scream in their prayers. Fine, one might be in a desperate situation, but all the members of the church can-never be in a desperate situation all at the same time. The God that hears me when I pray in my mind without saying anything out doesnt need to be shouted at before He hears. Its all a matter of what is in vogue these days and because many people are confused, they prefer to follow errors.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by shahan(f): 1:40pm On Jan 13, 2007
Eph. 4:13 - "Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ."

Many issues from human ignorance among Christians not understanding the Bible will begin to fade; for the knowledge of His Word is becoming stronger and clearer in many questers.

Some years ago, some believed that they can be bitten by snakes without harm, and they dared their faith by tempting vipers, thinking Mark 16:18 was about bravado! Result?? You don't want to know.

Again, we've had several "daniels" (besides the one in Ibadan) tempt "the king-of-the-jungle" and entered their cages. Lunch-packs for those lions. shocked

Others have the new formula that everything must be pursued by fire, die by fire, prayed by fire, and relate by fire! And after several months, the fire still rages in their noise.

However, against the backdrop of all this, it warms the heart that ignorance in God's House will not be condoned by Him. That's why many people are now realising the scams by challatans; they now understand the ways of the Spirit more; many have left their "taking-authority" bravado and sought to walk in Jesus' victory. Eph. 4:13 is a solid promise - and God will do it. cheesy
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by eiete(f): 2:28pm On May 21, 2008
@ poster

You are right when it comes to African Churches making a lot of noise.
And am saying this not to offend  anyone but i feel the truth has to be said.

We feel the nosier the better.

Volume control is not part of our vocabulary.

I was in Nigeria on holidays this Christmas and every time i went to church,
i had to take pain killers when i got home because during the church service i had
developed a headache from the loud noise.

When the choir was singing i had to go and stand at the back of the church because from where i was
seating it looked like the people on piano, the drums, the guitar and the base guitarist where all struggling
to be the loudest, yet they said they had a sound technician.
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by VeritasInV: 7:06pm On May 26, 2008
Nigerian Churches are a mockery of the church and are actualy just pseudo-churches really.
Its like a mass hysteria effect on the people. Just because God is in heaven it doesn't mean you have shout for him to hear you.
I have four churches in my area which keep me up almost every night of the week.

Prayer and religion is a voluntary act and not to be defined by the forcing of a religion onto an unwilling party.

The nigerian form of church is an affront .

This is m y opinion say what you will
Re: Nigerian Churches And Noise Pollution by oluogbon0000(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
it is actually happening here right away and i am embarrassed A church down the streets just keep making noise with there microphone and all that disturbing my peace for crying out loud i am embarrassed and we need to start living like a civilized society even when we cry on God we should put other's privacy too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Visits His Mum In Benin,see How She Welcomed Him(photo) / How To Discover Your Purpose, Or Destiny? / Atheism Is A False Belief, Evil And Dogmatic . Why Is It Being Propagated ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.