Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39394 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by bongolistik(m): 9:03am On Sep 02, 2016
Inasmuch as iPhone remains top notch device in the smartphone world and have only fallen 1 step down against Samsung in many years ranking, now most Nigerians that even have the financial power to acquire for themselves a new iPhone don't ordinarily do so based on the primary purposes smartphones (iPhones) were meant for, but mostly for show of class (flaunting).

Aside from iPhone truly being an exquisite device, now for those ones, having forgotten that aside from the show of class that is mostly their paramount reason for going for iPhones, there are many other constraints associated with using iPhones especially down here in Nigeria.

For example, with your iPhone, you cannot transfer Bluetooth files to other devices; you cannot manage your media library without a laptop/computer with iTunes installed; you cannot even side load apps; no file manager and no ease of tweaking etc.

Undoubtedly, everybody wants to manipulate their gadgets especially their smartphones just the way they want, but with iPhone you are almost caged like that Bingo Dog on chain.

Now the question is this; Going by the fact that iPhones are always expensive, is it a waste or still wise decision to go for iPhone devices in Nigeria?

Source: http://highteknology.com/2016/09/buying-and-using-iphone-in-nigeria.html

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 9:11am On Sep 02, 2016
Usage of iphone in Nigeria is simply a waste of money

155 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by David25(m): 9:32am On Sep 02, 2016
who ever wrote this article is making a lot of sense And I have to agree..

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 10:49am On Sep 02, 2016
Opistorincos:
Usage of iphone in Nigeria is simply a waste of money

The question I want to ask you is "What is the difference between using iPhone in Nigeria and using it abroad"? With due respect, you are very local.

137 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 11:01am On Sep 02, 2016
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 11:47am On Sep 02, 2016
Bossmd:

The question I want to ask you is "What is the difference between using iPhone in Nigeria and using it abroad"? With due respect, you are very local.

Behind dude, tiri gbosa for you

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Rozaystunna(m): 1:24pm On Sep 02, 2016
Waste of good guuap
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 2:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
Bossmd:
Its ridiculous when people keep saying its not advisable to use iPhone in Nigeria. What is wrong with Nigeria? Is it not the same services that AT&T offers that Etisalat offers? What is the difference between T-mobile and MTN? Are they not both Telecom operators. The only difference that is discernible right now is the fact that the American operators offer LTE services and Contract plans. Apart from that there ain't no differences. iPhone is a smartphone with data abilities as well as GSM capabilities. You people should go to school and stop smoking weed all around the streets. This is the only way you all can learn and make your parents proud!
I think the purpose of this Thread is clear enough,you should endeavor to communicate and not just talking. Someone like me opened this thread to see if I can gain something, Even you that claim to be in the know didn't say anything worth learning sef.

247 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:51pm On Sep 02, 2016
MissMorayo:
I think the purpose of this Thread is clear enough,you should endeavor to communicate and not just talking. Someone like me opened this thread to see if I can gain something, Even you that claim to be in the know didn't say anything worth learning sef.

If you have not been able to learn anything from all I've written above then I'm afraid I may not be able to help you.

My point is to make the Op understand that contrary to wild speculations iPhone use has no limitations if you know exactly how to handle it. If you cannot manoevre your way around iOS then you have no business handling an iPhone or iPad. They are smart devices that can be used in any country with telecom services. We need to rid that misconception of granting a special status to the iPhone. It is like every other smartphone out there. Its the packaging that makes it stand out.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by nzubeokafor: 7:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Besides iPhone is good for yahoo boys here in Nigeria .as for me I see no differents am still rocking my iPhone6.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Mafia4life(m): 10:56pm On Sep 02, 2016
Smartphones were to help user continue their work without the use of computer system. But iPhone cannot stand without a computer system. Any user having an iPhone without laptop is simply a dumb a$$

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by okitikpo: 11:00pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mafia4life:
Smartphones were to help user continue their work without the use of computer system. But iPhone cannot stand without a computer system. Any user having an iPhone without laptop is simply a dumb a$$
tell them, not just a computer system but a personalised one. Use other computer and lose your files on iPhone

19 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Sep 02, 2016
nzubeokafor:
Besides iPhone is good for yahoo boys here in Nigeria .as for me I see no differents am still rocking my iPhone6.
Please, how would you rate the battery on heavy usage? Am planing to get one
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Belosconi: 3:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Can you use Apple Pay in Nigeria?
Can you use Apple's Siri in Nigeria?

15 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 3:56am On Sep 03, 2016
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Whether it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:18am On Sep 03, 2016
Belosconi:
Can you use Apple Pay in Nigeria?
Can you use Apple's Siri in Nigeria?

You see yourself?

Okay let me ask you can you use Samsung pay in Nigeria?

Nigeria has not fully adopted NFC payment Point of Sale terminals.....whether Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, neither is supported yet. My brother It is not a question of Apple, it is a question of the technology behind it. Even the Magnetic POS in Nigeria had already started in developed countries before it was finally introduced here recently. Hopefully NFC payment will slowly creep in with time and when it does major stores will definitely support Apple Pay and Samsung pay services.

Siri is a mobile digital assistant. I use it everyday to post to Facebook on iPad and make local searches when necessary. Siri is just like Android Google now but more intelligent than the latter. But who uses mobile digital assistants these days anyway??

Get your facts right bro.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:25am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.

Haba greenhulk.......Those Chinese devices are poo na. You should know they are cheap for a reason na grin
Those phones end up giving the users a whole lot of issues few months after purchase.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Haba greenhulk.......Those Chinese devices are poo na. You should know they are cheap for a reason na grin
Those phones end up giving the users a whole lot of issues few months after purchase.

Bros I just say make I try am no oh. Plus I need a second phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 as it won't be announced until Sept 7th and might not get to Nigeria until month end or even October. Imagine someone has the guts to compare a Camon c9 camera to that of s6... What an insult. Guy come see camera na, e be like camera wet dey for galaxy s2 lol. Even s3 camera is better. Some people will say it's hate but now that I have used it I can guarantee u all these Chinese phones are trash. Come see super dupa lagging when typing lol. Phone wet I just buy 3 days ago but then if someone has never used a high end phone he might not notice these shortcomings.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 6:48am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros I just say make I try am no oh. Plus I need a second phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 as it won't be announced until Sept 7th and might not get to Nigeria until month end or even October. Imagine someone has the guts to compare a Camon c9 camera to that of s6... What an insult. Guy come see camera na, e be like camera wet dey for galaxy s2 lol. Even s3 camera is better. Some people will say it's hate but now that I have used it I can guarantee u all these Chinese phones are trash. Come see super dupa lagging when typing lol. Phone wet I just buy 3 days ago but then if someone has never used a high end phone he might not notice these shortcomings.

If you can afford it Buy S7 edge. I don't think iPhone 7 will come with any major overhaul apart from minor improvements in camera and storage.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

If you can afford it Buy S7 edge. I don't think iPhone 7 will come with any major overhaul apart from minor improvements in camera and storage.

I must say those phones are pretty much expensive now that dollar keeps going up. But for what is worth I'm getting another phone by the end of the month. This hot s is super mega trash.

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by nzubeokafor: 7:15am On Sep 03, 2016
fados4sure:

Please, how would you rate the battery on heavy usage? Am planing to get one
its perfectly okay for me my battery can last for 6 to 7 hours when it's fully charged .. Depending where you get urs

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 03, 2016
nzubeokafor:
its perfectly okay for me my battery can last for 6 to 7 hours when it's fully charged .. Depending where you get urs
Thanks bro i really appreciate but, what do you mean by depending on where i get it? I want a new one & am buying from Slot
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by nzubeokafor: 8:18am On Sep 03, 2016
fados4sure:

Thanks bro i really appreciate but, what do you mean by depending on where i get it? I want a new one & am buying from Slot
if you are buying from slot your battery will definitely be okay,good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 9:26am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

I must say those phones are pretty much expensive now that dollar keeps going up. But for what is worth I'm getting another phone by the end of the month. This hot s is super mega trash.

Thats just the truth. The dollar has made buying a flagship phone an almost unwise venture. Buying a mobile phone for almost 300,000 to me is not wise.

Just imagine your Galaxy Note 7 of 400,000 catching fire cheesy

You can consider S6 edge plus. Its battery is much better than the regular S6

2 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Thats just the truth. The dollar has made buying a flagship phone an almost unwise venture. Buying a mobile phone for almost 300,000 to me is not wise.

Just imagine your Galaxy Note 7 of 400,000 catching fire cheesy

You can consider S6 edge plus. Its battery is much better than the regular S6

My budget is between 150 - 200. I can't buy s6 edge as it heats up in vr mode.... It is just the same thing as s6. As for s6 edge plus that phone is too big jare. The way it is going now I might end up buying a note 5 if I can get the 64gb version. Yes it is big but at least it's got an s pen. With dollar rate now the s7 edge will pass the 300k mark which is way too much... Wouldn't have been a problem when I was a bachelor, but now hmmm I got responsibilities.

On a side note u need to see how this Infinix hot s lags while typing. I need to close all apps before the keyboard can keep up with my typing. But surprisingly the fingerprint scanner works pretty well, on per (if not faster than) my s6.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

My budget is between 150 - 200. I can't buy s6 edge as it heats up in vr mode.... It is just the same thing as s6. As for s6 edge plus that phone is too big jare. The way it is going now I might end up buying a note 5 if I can get the 64gb version. Yes it is big but at least it's got an s pen. With dollar rate now the s7 edge will pass the 300k mark which is way too much... Wouldn't have been a problem when I was a bachelor, but now hmmm I got responsibilities.

On a side note u need to see how this Infinix hot s lags while typing. I need to close all apps before the keyboard can keep up with my typing. But surprisingly the fingerprint scanner works pretty well, on per (if not faster than) my s6.

Just forget the infinix
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Note 5 is a really good phone.
Is S6 edge plus really big.....what will you say of iPhone 6/6s plus? grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Check my Screenshot, You can only use Apple Store in USA but I'm using it in Nigeria....You can only use Spotify in the USA but I'm freaking using it in Nigeria! Dude, Apple users are smart! They are Boss Niggāzz!! There ain't nothing an American iOS user does that I don't fvcking do!!

LOL at using Spotify only in the states. It is as simple as using free vpn, doesn't require any tweak. Blasting Spotify like crazy here bro.

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Note 5 is a really good phone.
Is S6 edge plus really big.....what will you say of iPhone 6/6s plus? grin

S6 edge plus is really big bro, 5.7 inch.... Same size as note 5. IPhone 6 plus is 5.5 inch but appears bigger than the s6 edge plus because of the bezel.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 11:50am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

S6 edge plus is really big bro, 5.7 inch.... Same size as note 5. IPhone 6 plus is 5.5 inch but appears bigger than the s6 edge plus because of the bezel.

Lol.....as in eehn that iPhone 6 Plus be like 6 inch phablet grin

I don't know why Apple cannot reduce those bezels....this is 2016 FCOL!
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 11:52am On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

LOL at using Spotify only in the states. It is as simple as using free vpn, doesn't require any tweak. Blasting Spotify like crazy here bro.

You dey mind them? Ignorance is bliss.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

N470, 000 Iphone X: Apple Finally Reveals It's Best Ever Smartphone(Photos) / Why Is Everyone Selling Their Samsung Galaxy S5 / How To Subscribe And Watch Netflix Movies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.