Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? (39493 Views)

Using Iphone For The First Time. Help!!! / [video}Man Walks Into Apple Store & Calmly Smashes Every Iphone In His Sight / Why Buying Iphone7 Is A Complete Waste Of Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

If you use Tecno, man you are broke grin

I'll take it the way you see it, no need proving myself.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:
Buy whatever makes u happy. Do u think a busy man with a good paying job has time to be manipulating his phone? Where it is Android, iPhone or Windows phone just get whatever makes u happy (if u can afford it). I used galaxy s6 for over a year and it is the best phone I have ever used (apart from the very poor battery life). I also have an iPhone 5s which is the most reliable responsive phone I've ever used. I sold my s6 3 days ago and decided to give Chinese phones a try.

Bought an Infinix hot s for 50k still kept some change from the sale of my s6. That is my first Chinese phone and oh boy I don't think I will ever buy a Chinese phone again. Upon all the hype about the camera , the camera is NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT especially in low light. The phone lags from time to time and the screen resolution is so wack compared to the s6 and iPhone 5s, screen fails to respond from time to time especially when pulling down the notification tray. I am going to use this phone for about a month and sell it get an iPhone 7 or galaxy s7 edge. Really if u can afford a high end phone just buy it and get a rest of mind.
Selling it early is the best you can do Infinix and tecno phones loose value too quick Spending 50k on Infinix phone is the real waste of money to me. I find it funny when people spend above 30k buying Infinix and tecno phones.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
ikp120:

Boss question number 1:

Does your iPhone 6 have bluetooth like my java phone?

Yes of course. Bluetooth 4.0 but not for File transfers.

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by bongolistik(m): 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

And who told you Visual Voice Mail is for iPhone alone, it's also available for Android smartphones. Or is there any Samsung user that uses visual voice mail in Nigeria. VVM is carrier related and not a smartphone thing. Your point is no point but fallacy. Try again.
But who said that visual voice mail is for iPhone alone? were you not the person that was asking what services can At&t offer that MTN and Etisalat don't aside from 4G LTE service?

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by peterbello(m): 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2016
nzubeokafor:
Besides iPhone is good for yahoo boys here in Nigeria .as for me I see no differents am still rocking my iPhone6.

Yezzir! As for me and my goons, we're still rocking iPhone7S. #LetTheBragginContinue #BragginIsCheap

Sent from my iPhone7s with Ntel
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Can you explain what you mean by "not made for country like ours"?

It's called Elementary thinking grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by airsaylongcon: 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2016
zicoraads:
Lemme ask this question, what can the iPhone do that my BlackBerry Z30 can't?

In a few days, BlackBerry will not be able to use whatsapp
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by yakbauer: 5:14pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:
Ko

But don't you fear the size of the 6S plus? grin

No not at all, the Huawei I use, is way bigger, so I'm already used to holding large phones
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
Annalise:

I have heard that if you want to get more juice out of the ios experience, you must combine it with a macbook. I didn't know an ipad pro would serve the same purpose. My next phone might be an i phone but I'm not ready to buy another device with it.

Yeah the MacBook is a good match up with an iPhone. The iPad Pro will not serve the purpose of the Mac. iPhone and IPad are both stand alone devices. The Mac compliments them both same thing a Windows PC. There is absolute no sense in buying an iPhone if you don't already own a PC.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by johnnythebahdguy: 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
the economy is bad for one to get iPhone in dis country....bt if one is capable of then who am I to stop dat person..........
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ikp120(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Yes of course. Bluetooth 4.0 but not for File transfers.

Boss question 2:

Can you use your iPhone 6 to send any file to another phone that is not iPhone without using the Internet just like my java phone?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by peterbello(m): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
zicoraads:
Lemme ask this question, what can the iPhone do that my BlackBerry Z30 can't?

Ur Z30 wont give you the efizzy and cvnts the iphone would more than give you.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:18pm On Sep 03, 2016
ikp120:

Boss question 2:

Can you use your iPhone 6 to send any file to another phone that is not iPhone without using the Internet just like my java phone?

The answer to this question is already in what you quoted na. This guy stubborn sha grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ipledge10(m): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

Before using it at all....after installation the first thing you must do is to update to the latest version
you know that's not easy...
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ikp120(m): 5:26pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

The answer to this question is already in what you quoted na. This guy stubborn sha grin

gringrin

Boss you are the prof in the house na.

Boss question number 3:

If I jail break my iPhone 6s, will I be able to use it to collect chinese films from my course mate's Tecno I8+ just like this my java phone?

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by villareal15(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

You see yourself?

Okay let me ask you can you use Samsung pay in Nigeria?

Nigeria has not fully adopted NFC payment Point of Sale terminals.....whether Apple Pay or Samsung Pay, neither is supported yet. My brother It is not a question of Apple, it is a question of the technology behind it. Even the Magnetic POS in Nigeria had already started in developed countries before it was finally introduced here recently. Hopefully NFC payment will slowly creep in with time and when it does major stores will definitely support Apple Pay and Samsung pay services.

Siri is a mobile digital assistant. I use it everyday to post to Facebook on iPad and make local searches when necessary. Siri is just like Android Google now but more intelligent than the latter. But who uses mobile digital assistants these days anyway??

Bro, I'm sorry to say, this is NL, don't waste your time explaining this kind of stuff!

Get your facts right bro.
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by lordmayor4(m): 5:30pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros I just say make I try am no oh. Plus I need a second phone and can't wait for the iPhone 7 as it won't be announced until Sept 7th and might not get to Nigeria until month end or even October. Imagine someone has the guts to compare a Camon c9 camera to that of s6... What an insult. Guy come see camera na, e be like camera wet dey for galaxy s2 lol. Even s3 camera is better. Some people will say it's hate but now that I have used it I can guarantee u all these Chinese phones are trash. Come see super dupa lagging when typing lol. Phone wet I just buy 3 days ago but then if someone has never used a high end phone he might not notice these shortcomings.

Why didn't you go for elephone P9000?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by princetom1(m): 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:

Actually reputation speaks a lot, because i use a low end tecno phone doesn't mean I'm broke, priorities are just different & clients who look at such minor things are not really serious about what they want

Well, alot of crazy things happens. And its real. Ur dressing, the phone u use, can land u a job, a contract or client
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Alvin007: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
The iPhone is not a prostitute...u can't simply send and receive files via Bluetooth like other phones...that's why iPhones don't get infected by viruses. If u want a prostitute phone.. cheesy...get the likes of Samsung, 'Tech?..no'...etc...or you could jailbreak your iPhone.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by DonCortino: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

What's this one saying? Who mention App Store now? grin grin grin grin grin

My brother go back and wear your glasses and read my post again grin

Apple store/ app store whats d difference?
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 03, 2016
Lol. Here's what I think though. Celebrities use iPhones, and advertise iPhones. Why? To make sure they get paid for their music. In case you don't know, in the US, data sharing for paid items is a crime. Yes. Its illegal to copy and paste your music/albums from your laptop to your friend's laptop. Steve Jobs knew this, and devised a phone with restrictions on data sharing. Celebrities liked it, advertised it for free by using them, and consumers followed celebrities. Lol. Consumers buy anything celebrities buy. All the official apps (on iOS devices which aren't jail broken) make sure musicians get paid for listening to their music. Spotify, Pandora, etc. In all honesty, I don't see what makes a Mac OS computer superior to Windows. Or iOS to android (debatable). That's just what I think though. I stand to be corrected

11 Likes

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
ikp120:

gringrin

Boss you are the prof in the house na.

Boss question number 3:

If I jail break my iPhone 6s, will I be able to use it to collect chinese films from my course mate's Tecno I8+ just like this my java phone?

If you jailbreak your iPhone you are on your own grin
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by iheanyi40(m): 5:38pm On Sep 03, 2016
greenhulk:

I must say those phones are pretty much expensive now that dollar keeps going up. But for what is worth I'm getting another phone by the end of the month. This hot s is super mega trash.
Oga dash me d hot s na lipsrsealed
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
princetom1:

Well, alot of crazy things happens. And its real. Ur dressing, the phone u use, can land u a job, a contract or client

I quite agree with the dressing part but i don't quite agree with the phone part
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Kazrem(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2016
It could be a waste or a gain. It depends on what you use it for.

However, knowing the difference between an asset and liability is one of the things that makes an object a waste or a gain.

BTW maybe its because I don't use iPhone, I don't know what it can do that android cannot.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by zicoraads: 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
peterbello:

Ur Z30 wont give you the efizzy and cvnts the iphone would more than give you.
Efizzy ke? And Cvnts? See reasons biko cheesy
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by sarutobie(m): 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
Alvin007:
The iPhone is not a prostitute...u can't simply send and receive files via Bluetooth like other phones...that's why iPhones don't get infected by viruses. If u want a prostitute phone.. cheesy...get the likes of Samsung, 'Tech?..no'...etc...or you could jailbreak your iPhone.
blissful ignorance at it's best..and my friend you seem to wallow wholeheartedly in it...who told you Android phones can be infected by viruses? whoever told you that??
Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by McDreKing(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
Using a phone, in Nigeria or overseas is base on personal decision. Buy the phone that soothe your lifestyle and not because of its brand. I'm using an iPhone, personally I don't like android because of its complexity.

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Opistorincos(m): 5:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
princetom1:

I quite agree with the dressing part but i do not agree with the phone part

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by Bossmd: 5:45pm On Sep 03, 2016
DonCortino:

Apple store/ app store whats d difference?

They are different bro. The Apple Store is a virtual store where you can buy all the various Apple products like the iPhone and iPad. It works just like Amazon and Konga, but strictly for Apple items. While the Appstore is the application store where you get apps to run on your phone.

Look at my screenshot below, the first icon from the left is the Apple Store icon while the 4th icon is the Appstore icon.

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by ikp120(m): 5:48pm On Sep 03, 2016
Bossmd:

If you jailbreak your iPhone you are on your own grin

Boss like seriously? Why na? I hate paying for musics and apps. I am not a yahoo boy, so sometimes boys are broke. Steve just jailed the phone and died without releasing the phone. Boss abeg there must be a way out of this jail, now you say am on my own for looking for freedom?
Boss why shouldn't I jail break it?

1 Like

Re: Is Buying And Using Iphone In Nigeria A Waste Of Fund Or Wise Venture? by princetom1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 03, 2016
Opistorincos:

I quite agree with the dressing part but i do not agree with the phone part

Well, am speaking from experience. Not everything one will know. There are many client that will guage u first wen they are u before they can decides to transact with u. If u dey use anyhow phone, i might look at u as a hungry lion especially if it dressing isn't top notch too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Cheap Smartphones In Nigeria 2016 – Below N30k / GLO Reviews Its Data Plans / Nokia Won't Be Making Phones Anymore!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.