Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day (67613 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Becomes Third Richest Man In The World, / ₦26 Trillion Net, Mark Zuckerberg And Wife Pictured On The Street Of California / Mark Zuckerberg Showcases Tayo's Spike Rush App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Vctr: 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lol. Does seun also wear a certain type of T-shirt always?
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by seyoops4u: 2:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
ireneony:
let's say i was Window shopping.
No, tell us the truth.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by seyoops4u: 2:20pm On Sep 02, 2016
Lol... This gurl sha
ireneony:
let's say i was Window shopping.
No, tell us the truth.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Mann11: 2:58pm On Sep 02, 2016
contactmorak:
Despite being the sixth richest man in the world with a net worth of $51.7 billion, Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, keeps it simple in his dressing. The 31-year old wears the same t-shirt (grey in color) and hoodie everyday.

So, why does he wear the same thing every day? When asked this question sometimes back in 2014, Zuckerberg cited a number of psychological advantages to never changing his look.

He said:

"I really want to clear my life to make it so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community,” said Zuckerberg.

“I'm in this really lucky position, where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people. And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life.”

Simply put, even making little decisions like what to eat or wear can expend energy he’d rather use on making tough choices for his giant social media to make money.

If you spend hours changing in and out of clothes to post your selfies on Facebook and Instagram, you need to think again, except you are really making money from that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvFrjy1zA0

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/09/despite-being-sixth-richest-man-in.html
. Let me get this right. Does the guy wear the same t-shirt or grey t-shirts? If the former, his sanity needs evaluation. If the latter, it is either the guy doesn't joke with one second of his life or there is more to it than meet the eyes. I SUBMIT!
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by olu1759(m): 3:23pm On Sep 02, 2016
thesicilian:
How does choosing a shirt to wear disrupt your decisions making process? It doesn't take anyone more than a minute to put on a shirt. If you say its just your style that you like the same kind of easy wear shirts, that's understandable.
...Anyway I'm quite aware that everyone laughs at the rich man's jokes...
just becos those wears are not flashy does not mean,they are not expensive,they might really cost more than one's anual salary.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by RexTramadol1: 3:30pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adekorya:
Enough of this one shirt, no wrist watch , no security noise you're all making. To be sincere, i find no motivation in it, because if Mark has money and decided not to use wrist it's his choice, and it's not applicable to me.

Don't get me wrong o, I actually envy his success story, but that doesn't mean i should dislike E money , C Ronaldo, Mayweather etc extravagant way of life

So please, let us hear world. When i become rich and famous,i will surely wear designer because i love designers, own a Yacht (big one o), build Mansions instead of house, and employ 40 bodyguards just like Roman Abrahimovic because Nigerian's security system is not reliable enough to protect me. More also, i will gives out and help people especially the poor.

And if you tell me I'm wasting money, i will respond.

afi ibon yi noni
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Bombolistic: 4:01pm On Sep 02, 2016
Simple, he's not fashion freak
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by ogawisdom(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2016
contactmorak:
Despite being the sixth richest man in the world with a net worth of $51.7 billion, Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, keeps it simple in his dressing. The 31-year old wears the same t-shirt (grey in color) and hoodie everyday.

So, why does he wear the same thing every day? When asked this question sometimes back in 2014, Zuckerberg cited a number of psychological advantages to never changing his look.

He said:

"I really want to clear my life to make it so that I have to make as few decisions as possible about anything except how to best serve this community,” said Zuckerberg.

“I'm in this really lucky position, where I get to wake up every day and help serve more than a billion people. And I feel like I'm not doing my job if I spend any of my energy on things that are silly or frivolous about my life.”

Simply put, even making little decisions like what to eat or wear can expend energy he’d rather use on making tough choices for his giant social media to make money.

If you spend hours changing in and out of clothes to post your selfies on Facebook and Instagram, you need to think again, except you are really making money from that.

Lame excuse, y can't he hire someone to do d job of picking his outfit daily for him. He has to take his outfit seriously BC image matters alot. Y he wear coat go aso rock today BC I was looking for someone in grey tee shirt on dt pic
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by highwaist: 5:38pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mark must be an Ijebu Man
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by lailo: 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
It's money ritual thing....forget!!!!!
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by loomer: 6:05pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adekorya:
Enough of this one shirt, no wrist watch , no security noise you're all making. To be sincere, i find no motivation in it, because if Mark has money and decided not to use wrist it's his choice, and it's not applicable to me.

Don't get me wrong o, I actually envy his success story, but that doesn't mean i should dislike E money , C Ronaldo, Mayweather etc extravagant way of life

So please, let us hear world. When i become rich and famous,i will surely wear designer because i love designers, own a Yacht (big one o), build Mansions instead of house, and employ 40 bodyguards just like Roman Abrahimovic because Nigerian's security system is not reliable enough to protect me. More also, i will gives out and help people especially the poor.

All those people u call so their money smell him own?

That's the difference between a rich man and a wealthy man.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Nche95(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2016
ireneony:
Just becos the t-shirt is not flashing does not mean it's worth more than my earnings in 8months.

I remember wen i visited italy, i went to the centro in one city like that...let's say i was Window shopping. .so i went going through the price tag...the lowest price tag i saw was 800€.. i saw a baby sock for 1000€..na i open my mouth.
most of the expensive things i saw were not flashy or attractive but they were very expensive.
you visited, or you went to Italy to do ashawo.. as edo girl concern..

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by ireneony(f): 6:08pm On Sep 02, 2016
Nche95:
you visited, or you went to Italy to do ashawo.. as edo girl concern..
yes i do ashawo and i fuuvk ur papa join am smiley
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
VolTOxic:

Thanks for sharing the article. Truly insightful.

You are welcome bro
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Nche95(m): 6:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
ireneony:
yes i do ashawo and i fuuvk ur papa join am smiley
oh yes. ashawo.. can you fvck me too? you offer family service?

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by ireneony(f): 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2016
miketayo:

store name plss.. wat i noticed abt brands is their prices r the same regardless of the country, or juts slight difference not more than $2...a $50 nike shirt in Nigeria, ll be d same in UK Japan or Dubai.
these brands are strictly Italian. .
they are customized.

When you need their clothes, they sew it for you.
They are called high fashion.

To be frank, only people shop in those historic place.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by murmee: 6:57pm On Sep 02, 2016
Mann11:
. Let me get this right. Does the guy wear the same t-shirt or grey t-shirts? If the former, his sanity needs evaluation. If the latter, it is either the guy doesn't joke with one second of his life or there is more to it than meet the eyes. I SUBMIT!
Common sense should tell you is the later. And those T-shirts aren't cheap!
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by thesicilian: 7:09pm On Sep 02, 2016
olu1759:
just becos those wears are not flashy does not mean,they are not expensive,they might really cost more than one's anual salary.
of course now, no debate on that.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by thesicilian: 7:12pm On Sep 02, 2016
anochuko01:

The guy is right. Its not about the time it takes to put it on....but the time it takes to decide what to wear or eat.
My sisters could change their clothes three times on Sunday morning...compared to monday-friday when they have no other choice other than school uniform. Deciding what to eat is another tug of war...we could spend hours on that.

I saw food and clothes as distractions as an undergraduate....Especially food!
For a woman its a different ball game...
Is the guy going to say he eats the same type of food every day for the same reason?
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by murmee: 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2016
contactmorak:

He said:

This was almost the same answer Steve Jobs of blessed memory gave when asked the same question. These are highly Cerebral men of International acclaim especially in IT world!
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 02, 2016
thundabot:
THANK YOUR STARS YOUR NOT A NIGERIAN OR AN AFRICAN PEEPS FOR SAY NA DIA YOUR JAZZ DEY.

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @THUNDABOT

Follow you to do what na
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Adekorya: 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2016
loomer:

All those people u call so their money smell him own?

That's the difference between a rich man and a wealthy man.
Why you people always like to drag people choice with them?

You can choose to live your own life like Mark, but I'm not gonna live mine like that, because i can't have a boring adulthood just like my childhood.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by loomer: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adekorya:

Why you people always like to drag people choice with them?

You can choose to live your own life like Mark, but I'm not gonna live mine like that, because i can't have a boring adulthood just like my childhood.

Wetin u dey talk. So if u carry 40guards mean say ur adulthood no go boring.

Like I said, the difference between a rich man and a wealthy man too big
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Adekorya: 7:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
RexTramadol1:

afi ibon yi noni
I would have appreciate it if only you point out the blunders. I'm very much open to correction when it come to English because it's not my language, also I'm not a fountain of knowledge like you.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by bigtt76(f): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
Imagine yourself having to go for an important meeting Monday morning in Lagos. You were engaged all through Saturday leaving you with Sunday to prepare. Sunday morning throughout no light or water to do your laundry and no Laundromat nearby ..of course you would be worried stiff at the prospect of not getting well dressed for the meeting. That is the situation Mark is explaining. Steve Jobs had the same principle too.

thesicilian:
How does choosing a shirt to wear disrupt your decisions making process? It doesn't take anyone more than a minute to put on a shirt. If you say its just your style that you like the same kind of easy wear shirts, that's understandable.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by mikolo80: 9:15pm On Sep 02, 2016
VolTOxic:
Hmm. I have to ask, how long does it take to decide and put on an outfit on average? If he's not a narcissist, he saves like what, 5 to 7 minutes at most. Now that's B. S

I like to believe Mark understands the vanity in spending hence his lack of taste in sartorial elegance. The trick is to save time, make decisions easier and save up money.
divide 20 billion dollars by 365 times 24 times 60 then multiply by 7 minutes. Would you want to waste time picking a costume
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by khaymillers: 9:18pm On Sep 02, 2016
teamsynergy:
that is his lifestyle. the guy is a nerd, a smart head..
I just wonder y some funny peeps tryna compare a programmer with an entertainer.. say wizkid and mark.. imagine, so u expect wizkid to wear round neck ,no bling, and sing about having millions in his account.. if everybody was like mark, he would prolly be broke.. cos y wud I wanna use Instagram or Facebook.. u have to respect pipus line of business and their lifestyle..
if u wanna do comparison, pick mark and Seun or owners of jobermman or hotels.ng or andella .. den, wizkid vs davido or tekno

drops mic
its like you are blind. Didn't you see were the man said except You are really making money from that. Davido and wizkid are not making money from posting pics upandan abi :-/
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by khaymillers: 9:22pm On Sep 02, 2016
Adekorya:

ronaldo, floyd mayweather and mark zuckerberg are not in the same field. Ronaldo is a model.so you expect somebody like bill gates to be dressing like lil wayne just because bill gate is rich abi. Use your head very well ekpa
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by Blakenails(m): 9:31pm On Sep 02, 2016
thesicilian:
Your IQ is low.
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by miketayo(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2016
ireneony:
these brands are strictly Italian. .
they are customized.

When you need their clothes, they sew it for you.
They are called high fashion.

To be frank, only people shop in those historic place.

of course those would be expensive..
Re: This Is Why Mark Zuckerberg Wears Grey T-Shirt Every Day by TeddyPendergrass(m): 9:54pm On Sep 02, 2016
thesicilian:

let me explain to you what is happening...Mark is a freaking billionaire so ordinarily he will have so many clothes and most likely a walk in wardrobe. As the CEO of a company you will expect that he will wear a suit and a tie just to look cooperate.

imagine walking into a wardrobe with at least 100 suits and a few hundred shoes. Deciding what shirt to wear that will match a certain suit and shoe expands considerable amount of mental energy in that kind of environment cause it's overwhelming.

So he decides to bypass that energy waste by sticking to a simplified uniform.

Q.E.D

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Google’s Top Searches Of 2019 In Nigeria: ASUU Strike, Naira Marley, Xenophobia / New Startup SEO Company In Ghaziabad Looking For Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.