Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,987 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:23 AM

Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari (19307 Views)

Middle Belt Groups, Afenifere, Others Kick As ACF Rejects State Police / Resign If You’re Not Strong Enough, Bishops, Others Tell Buhari / PDP Crisis: Hands Off Our Dispute, Makarfi, Others Tell Justice Abang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by omnisali: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system till the Igbo's are patriotic enough to forget biafra sad

IDIOT

1 Like

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by petsam11(m): 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system till the Igbo's are patriotic enough to forget biafra sad

Hahahahahaa! @ Your last sentence...You are very funny! Which Ezigbo Nwafor Igbo will ever forget Biafra... Hahahahahahahahaa!!! I laugh in Ibeku!!!
If we didn't forget Biafra since after the civil war (Agha Biafra)...and we still talk about Biafra now... What makes you think that we can ever forget it LWNKM!!!
Mehn!!! Biafra is inbuilt...O dika Obara (It is like Blood)!!!

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by dasparrow: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2016
@Post

Restructuring makes sense but the ruling elite will not want that because it will not benefit them. With restructuring comes accountability. Each state governor will be held accountable and will be forced to put on his thinking cap on how to generate revenue for his state kinda like its done in America. You know our leaders will not like that because all the free money they go to Abuja to collect and then hide in foreign bank accounts will be no more. So, they won't restructure and the same problems Nigeria has been facing since her independence will continue because Nigerian leaders and Nigerians benefiting from the status quo don't want change.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by MayorMgbedike(m): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2016
Whoever that thinks restructuring is not the best must have some problems with his/her reasoning faculty or a novice.

Restructuring will bring out the best from the federating units and there will be room for tapping into the talented youths out there that are wasting.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
modath:

Did i really read this or i just imagined you put this crap there in error? sad The colonial masters only did to ease administration, no ingenuity was involved..

I do not care for Kanu and his brand of hate filled rhetorics but there is nothing fundamentally wrong with wanting to be in charge of one's destiny & carve out a seperate path for oneself...

This present agitation was borne out of a knee jerk reaction to losing political stock (irrefutable fact!!!) but they still have inalienable right to self expression which you

Ojukwu is not a factor here since he never got his wish

There is no unity in coercion... I'm only pro unity because a bigger country is able to achieve more if the atmosphere is conducive and everyone's thought align but in a situation where it isn't obtainable, peaceful and advancing smaller nations remain great alternatives..

BTW, you also can't force patriotism on people, IT'S A CONSCIOUS CHOICE...

Mehn, a taya for you people!! Seriously..

It is not everyone you respond to. Not everyone is reachable, teachable and will be saved. There are some given to perpetual failure. I don't respond to every comment.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by nonhuman(m): 2:20pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
who is this pathetic idi*t
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Henon: 2:25pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
Una don see am na! See why he failed common entrance examination four times; your foolishness is in automatic mode.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by billyG(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
Fuulish pple Buhari does not hav d power 2 restructure nigeria only the law makers do. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by thedarkside: 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
them tell you to restructure,but the dont tell you what exactly to restructure.....crazy people averywere...
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by ngoziama: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
[quote author=searchiing4love post=49027206] sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system till the Igbo's are patriotic eno

ugh to forget biafra sad
[/quoteJ]

You talk like real devil from the pit of hell.what has the igbos got to do with restructuring. Is Igbo the only tribe in nigeria.i am not for division but if this hatred for igbos is not eschewed then I can assure you that nigeria will soon be worse off than Venezuela. Aaahhhhhhh the hatred for igbos is becoming so irritating and stinking. I thought if you hate someone then you remove the person from your life oya leave igbo no allow them nooo.honestly you spirit is so full of hate that it can even kill and possibly close down this site.grow up please all we want is a better nigeria where equity and justice shall reign supreme otherwise forget the entity called nigeria.point of correction.lord lugard to you maybe an intellectual but to some other nigerians including myself I call him a greedy and insincere person.let him explain nigeria. He is gone today but I tell you that most nigeria can never celebrate him.
There is strength in diversity but we need to make that happen.preach peace and not hatred.igbo, hausa , yoruba and all other tribes have all erred but we need to eschew pride, hatred, ,ethnicity to make Nigeria great again! This is the only way forward and we need to do this urgently before nigeria sinks.

3 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by lezznjr: 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

I'm not in support of Nigeria's splitting but your opining that Lugard was an intellect when he amalgamated northern and southern Nigeria for strength in unity is the dumbest statement of the century.

Lugard merged the north and the south to ease logistical and administrative convenience for the British government; to use the excess southern resources to offset the deficit of the north.

There was no selfless intention in his part. He had one thing in mind; and Nigeria's welfare wasn't part of it.

And yes, Nigeria can practice true federalism without decentralising the army.

4 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Montaque(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
Restructure what?i dont seems 2 understand how some elder statemen think....they keep on calling 4 restructuring and forget that we as a people and nigeria as a country has a faulty foundation,and certain things needs be put in place before we can restructure.
let the several state governors quit lazying around,make judicious use of the monthly allocation allocated 2 them by d federal government,look at and improve their internally generated revenue,save 4 emergency and lets see if nigeria development will not be accelerated.
what has our senators and house of representative members been doin with d constituency allowance been given 2 them?y av d state governors refused 2 allow the local goverment 2 fucntion effectively?these are questions that should be asked and solutions proffered.
its quite pathetic some people dont know what restructurin is all about...but will be d 1st 2 show us how shallow minded they are..their argument devoid of any constructive criticism.

Why should a LAWMAKER in abuja receive money, as constituency allowance, meant for projects at the LOCAL GOVT. What is not the work of the LG chairman?
2. How will the state governors allow the LG to function effectively when they are CONSTITUTIONALLY mandated to maintain a joint account with the LG into which shall be paid all funds coming from the FG (why should it come from the FG in the first place)
3. Why should we have two federal legislative bodies legislating mainly on what 36 other legislative houses ought to be legislating on; what is the LG council now doing?

I am just talking about only one facet of the re-structuring (the autonomous LG agenda).

2 Likes

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by greatermax77(m): 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
People with little or no brain.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
modath:
The only group against restructuring is and will continue to be , The Political Elite....

They won't allow it happen, it's easier to heap all the blames on the centre while robbing the people blind at State & LG levels but when power and decision makers are closer to the people, there won't be any subterfuge.

The only reasonable comment here.
They thought it's buhari decision alone.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by TruthisGOD: 2:47pm On Sep 03, 2016
GoldenJAT:
its rather d other way round!that we can mk this system work,rather than clamouring for restructuring!
You're just a ranting kid. I could recall somebody like Prof. Bath Nnaji, who was the pioneer of the Independent Power Plants, (IPP), he was denied the licence of opening his Geometric Power Plant in Aba by the FG because of tribalism. With true federalism he would have achievied that.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Adminisher: 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Bubu get ear infection..he know dey hear...try again later grin
How can a whole country of 170million people have such a low IQ ?. Can't they think. Restructuring is the last thing we need now. Nobody who knows what is going on in government would ever support it for now.
The most annoying thing is that it is not even Buhari's job to restructure Nigeria . A few elections losers are just going mental over nothing. Nigeria is in dire straits financially and we won't restructure until a lot of things are in place.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Eluwilussit(m): 3:28pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system **** sad

Fuccked! There is no atom of sense in this bull crap. If the SE wants to leave, so be it. Nigeria can exist without them. Nigeria is gonna lose nothing. Are you saying that the SE is more important to Nigeria than Nigeria is to SE? I don't get we Nigerians. We are so fuccking dumb.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Newmanluckyman(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
... First scenario,

Igbos....we need to restructure.
Yorubas... Yes, we need to restructure.
Hausa /fulani... No, we don't need to restructure.

... Second scenario,

PDP fans... We need to restructure to save us from recession.
Neutral fans... Yes, there is need to restructure.
APC fans... No, we don't need to restructure. Why don't you guys ask for restructuring during GEJ era.

... Third scenario,

Majority of Nigerians... We need to restructure ASAP.
Minority voices... Let's continue with the existing systems.
Political Elites... Let's maintain the status quo.

From the above scenarios, you can be the judge and know those that want us to remain in BABYLON.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2016
dunkem21:
They should shut their mouth.. We ain't restructuring anything.

We like our recession cheesy

Thank God Almighty you've claimed the recession as yours. For me and my household, this is our season of unprecedented and unstoppable financial increase.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by teamgarri2: 4:17pm On Sep 03, 2016
Do whatever it takes to make Nigeria great again
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by ebuka440: 4:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Buhari seriously needs an advice. He is confused and as clueless as his age
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by George2016(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
Restructuring this county is the only solution for now.

I pray that every one should accept this fact and approve.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by x12345678x: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

Did u know there is a kurdish region in India trying to break away? Instead of allowing a referendum the Indian government sent in troops and gave orders to shoor on sight. Seccession is a crime when it's not captured in our Constitution. Its treasonable trying to break the country. Biafra can never be allowed because it's illegal
If u hate dem so much y r u so worried bout them leaving. For me I don't care if they wanna go or not, although as a human being I believe people have d right to decide where their future belongs. I do believe dat a strong United nation of 170 million ppl is an asset, but if we arn't strong or even United -whats d point(u just have to read d comments to see how dis-United we r). We can't keep doing the same things and expect different results.

1 Like

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by mamaafrik(m): 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
Justiyke4u:
Why are people so afraid of restructuring this country
the north is not majorly against it for no reason,they dont want the reoccurrence of biafra and remember that the west has found good oyel too.That'z why buhari has been advised to used the money at the centre to search for oil in the northern hemisphere of Nigeria.(they know a time'll come when they won't be able to say NAY to the people's cry )once that is done ,you see they'll be willing to agree to restructuring.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by tammie24: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
sad Restructuring is not the solution but the present status quo. Restructuring is a cunny attempt by easterners to achieve biafra and it won't happen. History tells us Ojukwu was able to instigate the civil war because he was the head of Eastern region. If we go back to regionalism, non-entities like Nnamdi kanu will rise again and start pushing for biafra which is a bad omen for Nigeria. No part of the country must be allowed to split for no reason. Lord Luggard was an intellectual when he merged us together. There is strength in unity. Let's keep maintaining the present federal system **** sad
and what is wrong with them having Biafra

Are you afraid of something

Cos I don't think it should affect anybody if they get it

1 Like

Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Talk2Talk: 8:32pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FOOL AND A DISGRACE TO WHEREVER YOU COME FROM. I DON'T ATTEMPT TO TALK SENSE INTO PEOPLE LIKE YOU BECAUSE IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. PHAWKING LEECH
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Talk2Talk: 8:33pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A FOOL AND A DISGRACE TO WHEREVER YOU COME FROM. I DON'T ATTEMPT TO TALK SENSE INTO PEOPLE LIKE YOU BECAUSE IS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME. PHAWKING LEECH !
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by adexpa(m): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2016
I support restructuring and it is the best way to go cus we can't compare Nigeria with other countries (we differs in all things) but there is approach to every good plan to turn out as expected. we must first agreed that we need restructuring and every state must see d need for it, it is on that note that individual state will then be force to look inward for their potentials and strength cus state must be self reliant before we can now sign into law the agreement. in simple term, let every state sees d need for it n ready for it, with that they will stand for responsibility it will require dem.
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Standing5(m): 9:09pm On Sep 03, 2016
searchiing4love:
Is Nigeria a must?
Re: Restructure Now, Experts, Afenifere, Others Tell Buhari by Fury007: 9:59pm On Sep 03, 2016
Pavarottii:
Restructuring is the way forward. If only Nigerians know where we are headed. They will agree.

Restructure or #BringbackGEJ

Ur bring back GEJ noise is all i need to know that you are either an enemy of the state of just a buffoon.

Even GEJ go knock ur head and ask you to keep quiet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Just In: Dino Melaye Finally Meets Bail Conditions / Buratai: Oba Oyelude's Patriotism To Nigeria Is Unquantifiable (Photos) / House Of Reps Okay's 10 New States + Ban Nigerian's In Diaspora From Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.